Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption is #9 ranked solution in top Endpoint Encryption tools. PeerSpot users give Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption is most commonly compared to Microsoft BitLocker: Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption vs Microsoft BitLocker. Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 56% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Endpoint Encryption Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption?

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption, a full disk, file encryption and data protection that ensures data privacy by encrypting data stored on your endpoints - including PCs, Macintoshes, DVDs, and USB drives, which can easily be lost or stolen. Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption provides the data security with full disk encryption, folder and file encryption, and removable media encryption. It protects data at rest with full disk encryption software, automates data management with self-encrypting hard drives, encrypt data in specific files, shared folders, removable media and set granular policies for device control and data management. A single, well-integrated management console allows to manage the users using the same interface for endpoint protection and other Trend Micro security products. Deploying Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption helps ensure that your data will continue to be protected as your mobile computing devices and organizational needs change.

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption Customers

Alertboot, Beth Israel Deaconess Care Organization (BIDCO), Bulgarian American Credit Bank, Independent Investigations Office of BC (IIOBC), Rush University Medical Center, United Way of Greater Atlanta

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption Video

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption pricing:
  • "You have to pay for the license annually."
  • "One of the reasons we decided to go with Trend Micro Endpoint Security is because of its cost effectiveness."
  • "We pay for Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption every six months. The price of the solution is reasonable."
  • Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption Reviews

Nadeem Syed - PeerSpot reviewer
    CEO at Haniya Technologies
    Reseller
    An encryption tool that is easy to install and configure
    • "Encryption is the basic feature, and that is what I like about it. I also like that it is kind of easy to install and easy to configure."
    • "In the next release, it would be better if it was more user-friendly. It is a little complicated for the average technical person. If they can make it more user-friendly, it would be much easier and more helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We use encryption to secure data and devices. In case you lose your device or your data, this is a major feature that covers everything through encryption.

What is most valuable?

Encryption is the basic feature, and that is what I like about it. I also like that it is kind of easy to install and easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, it would be better if it was more user-friendly. It is a little complicated for the average technical person. If they can make it more user-friendly, it would be much easier and more helpful.

I have been using Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption for two to three years.

August 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Microsoft, Broadcom and others in Endpoint Encryption. Updated: August 2022.
    632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption is quite stable.

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption is scalable in the sense that if you want to add a different security product with Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption, you can do it. We have about 30 to 40 clients using this solution.

When we receive a call for technical support, we usually take care of it from our end. We go to the distributor if we cannot solve the issue. We hardly go to Trend Micro itself for support.

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption is kind of easy to install and easy to configure. It takes about a day or two to implement this solution. One person can implement and maintain this solution.

You have to pay for the license annually.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to potential users. If they are going for endpoint security, it is also advantageous to have encryption. They would not have to pay anything extra as they are already paying for endpoint security. But if they want to go for encryption separately, it will cost you a little more.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption an eight.

Abdulla Pathan - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technology Competency and Solution Head at LearningMate
    A stable and scalable solution for remotely working in a secure environment
    • "The solution enables all the development and technical team members to work from home while, at the same time, ensuring the security of the work environment."
    • "We would like to see a wider, better dashboard for the purposes of monitoring the users of the Trend Micro software."

What is our primary use case?

We utilize the latest version.

It also protects us from cyber attacks and malware.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see a wider, better dashboard for the purposes of monitoring the users of the Trend Micro software. The solution should also send out real-time data. This way, if a user becomes disconnected, the IT members can ensure that the associate, the developers are aware that he is out of the security zone.

We have been using Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption for the last two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have plans to increase its usage.

While I have not personally come across any issues necessitating the help of technical support, it may be worth checking this with the IT team.

The initial setup is easy.

Implementation did not require much effort, only for configuration to be done with the server.

Implementation was done by the central IT team.

One of the reasons we decided to go with Trend Micro Endpoint Security is because of its cost effectiveness. We felt we were getting a bang for our buck.

While we may have evaluated or used other solutions before employing Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption, I cannot recall the names.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is deployed on cloud.

We use the solution for organizational purposes.

There are around 1,000 users making use of it in our organization.

I would recommend the solution to others.

I rate Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption as a nine out of ten.

August 2022
    632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    BobenGeorge - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sr.Customer Engineer- Projects at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    All your files can be encrypted and stored in the cloud

What is our primary use case?

There are basically two ways it can be deployed. It can be deployed in the cloud or it can be deployed in your endpoint. All your endpoints can be encrypted in the firewall and all your files can be encrypted and stored in the cloud if it is a cloud deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

It passes your data as encrypted in all of your endpoints so that data is more secure so any threat of theft is minimized.

What is most valuable?

I don't have much in the way of creative experience, but yes it was good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration. More feasible / secure cloud-based solutions need to arrive. I'd like to see better integration with administrative tools & Active Directory integration.

There are only one or two projects that I have done on Endpoint Encryption. The last time I was working with that was in 2020, so about a year.

We're very satisfied with Trend Micro support.

We work in coordination with Trend Micro itself, so we get advice from them and then implement that. Because it's a big company, they need their direct vendors, contacts, and solutions also.

For the license cases, customers directly contact Trend Micro.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it eight out of 10.

LaithQuraam - PeerSpot reviewer
    Operations and Sales Manager at Alpha Hub
    Responsive support, secure, and good performance

What is our primary use case?

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption is used for our endpoints.

What is most valuable?

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption has good performance and is secure.

I have been using Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption for one year.

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption is stable.

The scalability of Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption has been good.

We have approximately 300 people using this solution and we plan on increasing usage.

The support has been responsive and the level of support they provide is good.

The initial setup of Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption is good.

We had to use an integrator for the implementation of Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption. We have two people who work on this solution.

We pay for Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption every six months. The price of the solution is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption an eight out of ten.

Download our free Endpoint Encryption Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Microsoft, Broadcom, and more!
    Updated: August 2022