Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Alcatel-Lucent Teldat OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Wireless WAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Alcatel-Lucent Teldat?

Alcatel-Lucent Teldat vehicle-based routers is a class of router that enables organizations and businesses to create and run powerful mobile Wi-Fi networks. These routers are an industry leader in creating networks that can run from anywhere at any time. Organizations and businesses can empower their employees and clients to make full use of highly effective and secure networks on the go.

Alcatel-Lucent Teldat Benefits

Some of the benefits of using Alcatel-Lucent’s Teldat vehicle-based routers include:

• Automatic 3G backup. When one of these routers is having a problem with the wireless-WAN network that it is using, it automatically seeks and connects to an alternative network that meets the user’s needs.
  • Work 100 percent wirelessly. GPS systems enable Alcatel-Lucent’s Teldat vehicle-based router to function and be configured from anywhere on earth.
  • High level of durability. Alcatel-Lucent’s Teldat vehicle-based routers can withstand extreme temperatures,from -20 degrees Fahrenheit to 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Users who live in places with intemperate climates can use these routers without fear.

Alcatel-Lucent Teldat Features

When users choose to employ Alcatel-Lucent Teldat vehicle-based routers, they gain access to many different capabilities. These features include:

• Connectivity to multiple telecommunication carriers. Alcatel-Lucent’s Teldat vehicle-based routers can create redundancies that prevent communication networks from going down. When they create the main line network, they also connect to two additional telecommunication carriers. These form a backup network in case the first one fails.
  • Ability to enhance physical security. The routers can connect to external security resources like police vehicles. A vehicle that is suffering from a security issue can connect to those resources and covertly work toward resolving it.
  • Powerful digital threat protection. Alcatel-Lucent’s Teldat vehicle-based routers run IP filtering, MAC filtering, and SPI firewall software features. These protect users from a variety of digital threats.

Reviews from Real Users

Alcatel-Lucent Teldat vehicle-based routers allow companies and organizations to create and manage powerful Wi-Fi networks. These routers are designed and marketed in a way that shows that the end user’s ability to benefit from the product is being considered at all times.

Alcatel-Lucent Teldat’s routers are designed to be incredibly stable. They rarely encounter issues, and if an issue develops in any of the router’s components, Alcatel-Lucent takes responsibility for replacing that part. Every part of these routers is covered by a lifetime warranty.

Kannan V., a sales manager at Dyarco Technology W.L.L, writes, “The stability is excellent. It comes with a lifetime warranty. Even if you're going through a difficult patch. If there is a failure in that scenario, it is very minor. We never encountered that, but If it happens, it's probably due to a web party, such as a power fluctuation. Even our power supply includes a hardware replacement. As a result, there are no issues with the even power supply's lifetime warranty. In the general market, with other competitor products, the power supply will not be covered, even though we are covering the power supply with a hardware replacement warranty. Which is where we have an advantage.”

Users can work with these routers both through the cloud and through on-premises devices. This option provides users with a versatile ability to run their routers in the way that best meets their needs.

A technical sales representative at a communications service provider, writes, “It is very versatile because you get both a cloud version and an on-premises version. You can use it for unified communication.”

Alcatel-Lucent Teldat was previously known as Alcatel Lucent Teldat, Teldat.

Alcatel-Lucent Teldat Customers

Blickle and Scherer, Loughborough University, CSF Inox, Caritas Speyer

Alcatel-Lucent Teldat Video

Alcatel-Lucent Teldat Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Alcatel-Lucent Teldat pricing:
  • "There is a one-time licensing fee. There is no need to renew it."
  • "I don't find this solution expensive but pricing is relative."
  • Alcatel-Lucent Teldat Reviews

Kannan Venkatraman - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sales manager at Dyarco Technology W.L.L
    Provides a lifetime warranty, is reliable, has good technical support, and includes security features
    • "The stability is excellent."
    • "The price could be reduced."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we implement this solution for our customers.

We are providing Wi-Fi to customers wherever it is required. We discussed this as a Wi-Fi solution on all three systems we have, such as the telephone system and access point. All three are from the same vendor. That's what we're providing, as well as Wi-Fi, which we don't have. We have Wi-Fi 5, Wi-Fi 6, and whatever else the customer requires. We are providing it in accordance with the specifications. We will understand, as well as study, and then provide services to the customer based on our findings.

What is most valuable?

The stability is excellent. It comes with a lifetime warranty. Even if you're going through a difficult patch. If there is a failure in that scenario, it is very minor. We were never encountered that, but If it happens, it's probably due to a web party, such as a power fluctuation. Even our power supply includes a hardware replacement. As a result, there are no issues with the even power supply's lifetime warranty. In the general market, other competitor products, the power supply will not be covered, even though we are covering the power supply with a hardware replacement warranty. Which is where we have an advantage.

Security features are included.

What needs improvement?

The price could be reduced.

We have been providing Alcatel-Lucent Teldat for the last 13 years.

Wireless WAN
    August 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, Fortinet, Ruckus and others in Wireless WAN. Updated: August 2022.
    633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Alcatel-Lucent Teldat is a stable solution. We have been in the same industry for a long time. The issue is that if our product is unstable, we will be unable to provide it to our customers. It is also a source of credibility for our company, as we have been in the market for the past 25 years. It should be whatever we provide to the client so that they will only purchase from us. We're in the service industry, we can't just sell and move. We must provide a solution as well as certified engineers.

Alcatel-Lucent Teldat is a scalable solution.

We have more than 200 users.

Technical support is fine. They have certified engineers.

Customers are involved in the design process, as well as implementation and maintenance. As a result, wherever we install, the customer stays with us for these. All of those are repeat customers, and we'll carry on from where we left off. When it comes to the product, dependability is more important to us, as is the support we receive from the manufacturer. We can't satisfy existing or new customers unless we have that.

With certified engineers the initial setup is straightforward.

The time it takes to deploy this solution varies because it is an IT customization solution that is based on their design, and you have to consult with the customer.

The development of the wifi access points, which are simple to plug in and use, requires communication with the customer. It will automatically form a cluster. If any changes are required. Even if we have 4000 access points, we must plan everything. They actually have a lot of plans. It is up to the customer to decide how they want to use the features. As a result, it will take time. They must sit with each other; the solution is unique, so we cannot schedule time for configuration.

Cheaper when it comes to the product because they can reduce it from the manufacturer. It's always better not only in terms of price but also whenever any customer receives a price that could be better, not just from one manufacturer but from all. Also from sellers, and different brands.

There is a one-time licensing fee. There is no need to renew it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for our customers.

I have not faced any issues with this solution, and it is stable, I would rate Alcatel-Lucent Teldat a ten out of ten.

Technical Sales Representative at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
    Versatile, reliable, easy to set up, and they have good support

What is our primary use case?

You can use this solution for enterprise companies ranging from five to 5,000 users.

What is most valuable?

For me, it's perfect. We don't have any issues with it.

When you go on the website, everything is clear and you don't have to ask questions.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see something for remote working.

I have been using Alcatel-Lucent Teldat for four years.

It's a stable product. We have been using it for approximately 10 years without any worries.

It's very scalable.

Technical support is very proactive and we don't have any issues.

You log a call and within the next 24 hours, everybody has already sent you what you need.

At any time of the day, there's someone to help you.

Previously, I did not use another product.

It was easy to install.

For 10 users, it can take up to a day. If you have 40 then it can take three days, and one week for 100 users.

When we refer to installing it, this involves the installation and the training of the staff.

We completed the installation ourselves.

We would need a team of two for the maintenance for 10 users and three for 100.

I don't find this solution expensive but pricing is relative.

What other advice do I have?

I will continue to use this solution in the future and I definitely recommend it to others.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free Wireless WAN Report and find out what your peers are saying about Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, Fortinet, Ruckus, and more!
    Updated: August 2022