Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Software Engineer at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to connect and authenticate but the desktop version needs improvment
  • "I like that Power Automate gives us a connector to be able to connect different data sources or different software."
  • "When you are doing desktop automation, they do not have a clear structure to create the code."

What is most valuable?

I like that Power Automate gives us a connector to be able to connect different data sources or different software.

It is very easy to connect, authenticate, and automate our daily routine tasks.

What needs improvement?

There are many things that need to improve, but not with the cloud side, it's desktop automation.

When you are doing desktop automation, they do not have a clear structure to create the code. This means that we have a poor chance of creating the project.

When creating sub-flows, there are no separate parameters. Instead, they are all combined together on the main page.

I would like to see improvements made to the Power Automate Desktop.

I have been exploring this product for one month.

Previously, I worked with Blue Prism and UiPath.

In my opinion, Blue Prism is far better than Power Automate, and UiPath is better than the desktop version.

Power Automate has the power to connect with different cloud sources, which is something that Blue Prism and UiPath do not have.

You can also create reusable code with Blue Prism and UiPath.

Microsoft Power Automate
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Power Automate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We are using the cloud version. There is nothing to install on our machine.

What other advice do I have?

If you need to automate more on the cloud side, I would recommend Power Automate. If it's a third-party application they are trying to automate, I would try Blue Prism or UiPath.

I would rate Microsoft Power Automate a six out of ten.

Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good for small to medium size organizations; integration needs improvement
  • "Very reasonably priced."
  • "Looping can be a bit tricky."

What is our primary use case?

We carried out a successful POC on Power Automate Desktop. It was right after they launched and we were the first to demo it. We used it in a project for one of our clients. We used the desktop version but it's stored in Power Automate cloud. The solution is used for banking processes such as credit and debit transactions. We are partners with Microsoft and I'm the CTO.

What is most valuable?

We jumped onto this solution because it's very reasonably priced. The solution was for a medium size organization and they didn't want to spend a lot on such a product. It's a good solution for small to medium size organizations.

What needs improvement?

Looping can be a bit tricky in Power Automate. In addition, the solution doesn't provide an option to view two to three conditions, you can only view one condition. It's not like that in UiPath. Deployment should be improved so that it integrates with WinAutomation. We can't write .NET code and we can't schedule the bot without using WinAutomation. If they could include that it would be helpful for our users. Right now we do the development in WinAutomation and later integrate with Power Automate.

We had good technical support.

Installation is pretty straightforward. As mentioned, we were the first company so we had a call with Microsoft and worked with them. We're a start up so we had a maximum of six people using the solution.

Private Cloud
Microsoft Power Automate
September 2022
634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SharePoint Online at Neskaa
A useful product for approvals and flow history
  • "The approval feature is the most important feature. We also use the flow history feature. It is a very useful product as compared to other products. We can automate easily when a list is updated. We can also handle approval-related issues and integrate it with emails."
  • "It can have customizations like enterprise solutions. In the approval section, there should be an option to reassign approval to some other employee. It would be good if we are able to create custom tables by linking to an item, and there is an integration with the HTML table through HTTP calls or Swagger connectors."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for approvals and flow history. We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

The approval feature is the most important feature. We also use the flow history feature.

It is a very useful product as compared to other products. We can automate easily when a list is updated. We can also handle approval-related issues and integrate it with emails.

What needs improvement?

It can have customizations like enterprise solutions. In the approval section, there should be an option to reassign approval to some other employee. It would be good if we are able to create custom tables by linking to an item, and there is an integration with the HTML table through HTTP calls or Swagger connectors.

I have been using Microsoft Power Automate for around three and a half years.

It is stable.

I don't know. We have only four users.

I never contacted them. I am purely on the development side.

It is sometimes complicated and sometimes very easy. It requires integration with a lot of connectors, such as SharePoint, PowerApps.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend this solution. I would rate Microsoft Power Automate a ten out of ten. I am a fan of this solution.

Private Cloud
Senior. Engg. Manager at a construction company with 501-1,000 employees
Useful connectors, stable, and initial setup simple

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Power Automate to automate everything, such as mailing, gathering data from a web scraping, and scheduling time.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Microsoft Power Automate are the connectors, such as loops, which make things easier.

I have been using Microsoft Power Automate for one year.

Microsoft Power Automate is stable.

We have five people in my organization using Microsoft Power Automate.

I rate the technical support from Microsoft Power Automate a four out of five.

I rate the initial setup from Microsoft Power Automate a five out of five. The process took us approximately one day.

I rate the return on investment from Microsoft Power Automate a four out of five.

With our Microsoft Office 365 license, we are able to use Microsoft Power Automate.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Microsoft Power Automate an eight out of ten.

Director, Km & Bpo Innovation at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
The setup is easy for people to pick up

What is our primary use case?

We use it to monitor the net flow of all the emails. It is really helpful.

What is most valuable?

It is stable.

What needs improvement?

It should be faster and more user-friendly.

I have been using Power Automate for around three years.

It is stable and scalable. We have around 300 users. It doesn't require any dedicated IT to help run the appliance.

We don't need much of their support. We have opened a ticket and their support was handy. It's very easy for us to communicate with them via email.

The initial setup was easy. It was very easy for people to pick up. The deployment took a few hours.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it.

I would rate Power Automate an eight out of ten.

Application Support Specialist at a tech company with 1-10 employees
Comprehensive solution but too complicated, especially for ordinary users

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is how much you can do with this solution.

What needs improvement?

Power Automate is too complicated - it forces you to go through extra tasks instead of streamlining your workflow. In the next release, I would like InfoPath to be re-included.

Tech support is hit and miss.

The setup is complex - it's confusing for IT workers, let alone ordinary users.

Power Automate is a separate license, so make sure that if you implement it, you have the appropriate license for all the users who will use it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as seven out of ten.

Download our free Microsoft Power Automate Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022