Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Software Assets Manager at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Its ease of use and integration with some of the existing products are valuable, but it needs more development to be an enterprise product
  • "The ease of use and the integration with some of the existing products that we have would be its main takeouts."
  • "From an improvement perspective, Microsoft just needs to make sure that they have a real enterprise RPA tool. PowerApps and Power Automate are still not at the level of UiPath and Automation Anywhere. It could be because Automation Anywhere and UiPath have been in the market for quite some time. It's just about Microsoft increasing their focus in terms of product reviews and development and making them competitive products that one can consider at an enterprise level. Right now, their use cases are limited as compared to what one would consider doing with UiPath and Automation Anywhere."

What is our primary use case?

It is currently being used by our customer service department. They're using it for tracking overtime, and they're also using it for reporting and automating their various service quality reports. So, automation of service quality reports and overtime management are basically two major use cases.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

From an improvement perspective, Microsoft just needs to make sure that they have a real enterprise RPA tool. PowerApps and Power Automate are still not at the level of UiPath and Automation Anywhere. It could be because Automation Anywhere and UiPath have been in the market for quite some time. It's just about Microsoft increasing their focus in terms of product reviews and development and making them competitive products that one can consider at an enterprise level. Right now, their use cases are limited as compared to what one would consider doing with UiPath and Automation Anywhere.

It is a stable solution.

Microsoft Power Automate
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Power Automate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is scalable, but it is limited in terms of the processes that you can automate. If you have complex processes that you want to automate, it doesn't have that capability yet. So, it is scalable but to a certain extent.

Our organization is working with it actively. Its number of users could be between 100 and 200.

Technical support is given by Microsoft through the support model that they offer for customers. If you have an issue, you can log the issue in with Microsoft, and they would always attend to it. I would rate them a three out of five.

It was straightforward. There was nothing complex.

You don't need much staff for deployment and maintenance of it. You need a very limited number of people.

We used a partner.

Its license is a part of our enterprise agreement. It is a three-year contract, but we pay yearly. So, it is a yearly license. There are no additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a six out of 10.

Student at a educational organization with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good templates with zero implementation required but there are stability issues
  • "The templates on offer are very good."
  • "I've had some issues with the stability."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of the product is for automating business processes.

What is most valuable?

The templates on offer are very good. It's quite helpful to have them.

The initial setup is fast as there really isn't anything to implement if you use the cloud.

Overall, it's been a positive user experience.

What needs improvement?

I've had some issues with the stability.

I've only been using the solution for a few weeks. I don't have a lot of experience with the solution just yet. It's still quite new to me.

The stability is not very reliable. I've had some issues.

I can't speak to the scalability of the product. I haven't used it for that long just yet and have not attempted to scale it. Therefore I can't really speak very well to its potential capabilities.

I've never been in touch with technical support. I cannot speak to how responsive or knowledgeable they are as I have not had an opportunity to communicate directly with them just yet.

I did previously use another solution. I've used UiPath in the past.

Only the desktop version has an installation process. You do not need to install anything if you use the cloud version. It's quite straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a student and an end-user. I don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

I'm writing my thesis about RPA, but I don't have much developing experience.

I'm using the latest version of the solution. I am unsure of the exact version number.

I'm using the trial version of the product.

I have not decided if I will keep using the solution going forward.

Although the solution is still new to me, from what I have experienced, I would recommend the solution to other organizations.

I would rate it at a seven on a scale from one to ten.

Microsoft Power Automate
September 2022
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good stability, easy to set up, and complete integration with Microsoft tools, but needs better integration with external tools
  • "Its complete integration with Microsoft tools and the inclusion of the CRM are the most valuable features. It is embedded directly in the Office package, so clients have direct access to it. It has a lot more functionality than other standalone solutions, such as UiPath or Blue Prism."
  • "It is mostly integrated with the Microsoft environment. Unlike UiPath, we cannot really use external tools with Microsoft Power Automate. There should be a possibility to integrate it with external tools or systems."

What is our primary use case?

We used it internally to automate certain workflows for our daily business and validate our commercial proposal. We used its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is embedded directly in the Office package, so clients have direct access to it. It has a lot more functionality than other standalone solutions, such as UiPath or Blue Prism.

What needs improvement?

It is mostly integrated with the Microsoft environment. Unlike UiPath, we cannot really use external tools with Microsoft Power Automate. There should be a possibility to integrate it with external tools or systems.

I had some experience with it two or three years ago, and I used it again about two months ago.

It is absolutely stable.

We have not scaled it.

It is straightforward. The deployment duration depends on the complexity. For our use case, it took a couple of weeks.

It is free for us. It is embedded directly in the Office package.

What other advice do I have?

Our clients prefer using UiPath because it is easier to use and has more functionalities than some of the other solutions. It is also more economical. In the Tunisian and West African markets, UiPath is used more popular, and the customers prefer a solution that is implemented in their market.

At the moment, Microsoft Power Automate is suitable for automating a few processes on each desktop. It is a small solution, but Microsoft has a clear roadmap for this solution, and it would be an interesting one in a few months or years.

I would rate Microsoft Power Automate a five out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
KinjalDangeria - PeerSpot reviewer
Director Of Services at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use, quick to deploy, and great for organizations that use a lot of Microsoft
  • "The initial setup is pretty straightforward."
  • "It would be great if it was able to integrate more with various other platforms. It would make development easier."

What is our primary use case?

The solution can be primarily used small process automation of day-to-day activities, such as routing of emails, Excel sheet manipulation, and more.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very scalable.

The solution is easy to use.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

Technical support has been great so far.

If a company already uses a lof to Microsoft applications, this solution is great.

What needs improvement?

The solution should offer similar features that users can easily access if they use Automation Anywhere or UiPath.

I've been dealing with the solution for two years at this point.

The product can scale well. If a company needs to expand its use, it can do so.

Technical support has been great. They are helpful and responsive and I have no complaints.

I'm also aware of solutions such as Automation Anywhere and UiPath. They, at this point, are much more feature-rich.

As a cloud-based solution that is very easy to implement. It's not overly complex or difficult. It doesn't take too much time to deploy.

You only need two or three people to deploy and implement the product in an organization. You don't need a big team.

The solution offers a yearly subscription package.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. Currently, we have ten customers that are using the solution.

I would recommend the solution to other companies and users, however, only if they have a Microsoft suite of products that are in use and they already have a license based on that usage.

Robotic Process Automation developer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
A low-code platform that makes the automation of small tasks easy
  • "It is a low-code platform. It is easy to use and good for automating small tasks such as expense approvals, timesheet approvals, etc."
  • "I would like more integration with other tools. It integrates well with Microsoft products, but there should be more integration with other platforms and tools, such as chatbots."

What is our primary use case?

I use it for robotic process automation.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like more integration with other tools. It integrates well with Microsoft products, but there should be more integration with other platforms and tools, such as chatbots.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is stable.

It depends on the use case. For my use cases, it is scalable.

We have over 10,000 people in my organization. In my branch, we have 100 people, and almost all of us in this branch have Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, and other solutions. We have approximately 20 users who use Microsoft Power Automate.

Any increase in its usage would depend on our clients. I work for a consultancy firm, so it depends on what our clients want. For our office work, we will keep using it.

I have not had to ask for technical support because the tasks that I do are easy.

I also use UiPath.

My company has a Microsoft package, and it was a part of the package. I didn't have to do any installation.

They have the community edition that people can use for free, and they also have the enterprise edition. My company uses the enterprise edition, and I don't know how much they pay.

What other advice do I have?

It has been good so far. I would rate it an eight out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
Bryan Senter - PeerSpot reviewer
Strategic Alliance Manager, Public Sector at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
MSP
Poor scalability, expensive support, and has a lack of orchestration and supplemental tools

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for the automation of simple processes that are repetitive and very low on decision branching and error handling.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to learn.

What needs improvement?

The barrier to entry is low. The downside is the lack of orchestration and supplemental tools such as capturing existing processes and using them to build out.

I worked on a demo side by side with UiPath Automation and Power Automate.

I didn't see any issues with the stability of Microsoft Power Automate.

I would say that scalability is probably a weakness.

It's an area that needs improvement.

If you have a good enough support plan, it's fantastic, but most businesses don't.

When I was working at a customer site that was a premier customer, we had onsite Microsoft service providers, and we were able to leverage their worldwide support. At that point, you can have round the clock, follow the sun support on a critical problem.

But in 35 years of working with Microsoft, I've only seen one customer site that had that level of support. If you don't have that level of support then you are basically on your own.

The setup for me was almost non-existent because we already had Office 365.

When it comes to the admin side of that, I don't know.

The price is right. If you have Office 365, it's included.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for entry-level, inexpensive, and you're already an O365 customer, then this might be a consideration. But if you're looking for an enterprise tool, you should probably keep looking.

I would rate Microsoft Power Automate a three out of ten.

Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good support, easy setup, scalable, and useful for automating our business processes
  • "Currently, we are mostly using the desktop part of it for data. We are basically extracting the data and then putting it in."
  • "When comparing with Automation Anywhere, there are a couple of things that this product doesn't have. One of the major things is the key management system. It would be great if they improve this. Its documentation can also be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for automating our business processes. We are using it for sending reminders and these sorts of things. Every Excel update also happens through Power Automate.

It is still under the review stage. We are not using it in production. Currently, we are waiting until the product is completely stabilized. We are expecting it to happen by September 2021. We are using its latest version. It can be deployed on the cloud and on-premises.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

When comparing with Automation Anywhere, there are a couple of things that this product doesn't have. One of the major things is the key management system. It would be great if they improve this. Its documentation can also be improved.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is not yet stable. It is a new solution, and it is not completely stable. Microsoft is still doing some work on it.

It is scalable. We have 30 to 40 users of this solution.

Their technical support is good.

We are using Automation Anywhere. Power Automate is integrated with Office 365, so we wanted to see if this can be utilized or not.

It was straightforward. It didn't take more than 20 minutes.

I did it myself.

Currently, we are using the free license for testing. After everything is done, we'll buy the license.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. I would rate Microsoft Power Automate an eight out of ten.

RahimKhowaja - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Information Technology Officer at BMC Solutions
A multi-purpose solution which is scalable, stable and comes with good tech support
  • "The best feature of the tool is that it is generic, so it allows one to do as he wishes."
  • "The solution could have more integration with different platforms."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as a business process automation tool. It allows one to automate an application in his organization.

What is most valuable?

The solution is not only meant for SharePoint, but for everything.  It has millions of connectors. The best feature of the tool is that it is generic, so it allows one to do as he wishes. He can obtain data from Twitter and put it on his SQL Server. He can obtain data from WordPress and connect it with IBM.

What needs improvement?

The solution could have more integration with different platforms.

The licensing price is too high.

Microsoft Power Automate has only been released recently, so I have been using it for the past three or four years.

The solution is certainly stable.

The solution is definitely scalable.

Technical support is very nice. It's fast.

As the solution is cloud-based, it does not require installation.

The solution does not require deployment, but a team is needed for development and this will vary with the scope of the project. Every site would require around eight to ten people.

The licensing price should be more cost-effective.

As we are talking about a Microsoft product, the licensing can be purchased on a monthly or yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is both cloud-based and on-premises.

We are consultants of Power Automate. We do not use the solution ourselves.

So far, we have handled 14 or 15 projects and are working on one at present.

I would recommend the solution to others.

I rate Microsoft Power Automate as an eight out of ten.

Download our free Microsoft Power Automate Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022