We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Andreas Sunde
Receiver, Purchaser, IT Manager at Nomek AS
Scalable and great for remote meetings but needs to be more accessible outside of the office
  • "It's great for meeting conferences."
  • "The solution should fix the ease of use directly outside of the office environment. Right now, unless I'm at my office desktop, it's hard to access it."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for remote meetings.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspect is that tap function.

It's great for meeting conferences.

The solution is scalable.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if there are any improvements in terms of features that the solution needs right now. It works quite well for us.

The solution should fix the ease of use directly outside of the office environment. Right now, unless I'm at my office desktop, it's hard to access it.

I've been using the solution for one to two years.

You can scale the solution if you need to. It does quite well in that regard and covers our needs very well. A company that needs to expand it out can do so quite easily.

Currently, we don't have more than 15 users on the solution.

I've never used technical support. Therefore I can't speak to the quality of service. I have no idea how responsive they are or how knowledgeable they might be.

For business purposes, we previously used Skype. Personally, I liked Skype the best at the beginning, when we started using Teams. However, now I'm okay with Teams as well. I really liked Skype's interface, and I was used to its layout and using it. I'm not sure if there's too much of a difference in terms of the services they offer and their functionality.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

Owner at Justad Enterprises
Great interface and is user-friendly
  • "Our company is moving from their Skype for Business to Teams. So I've seen it, I've looked at it, I've used it somewhat enjoyed the UI."
  • "I had to type the team members versus being able to set up a team's group of names as you can do with Outlook."

What is our primary use case?

Our company is moving from their Skype for Business to Teams. So I've seen it, I've looked at it, I've used it somewhat enjoyed the UI. Teams has been very friendly. I have no qualms about going to Teams from Skype. I have yet a lot to discover.

What needs improvement?

There's one thing that I was disappointed in when I was trying to invite my whole team to a meeting. I had to type the team members versus being able to set up a team's group of names as you can do with Outlook. It would be nice if you could take the ones that dial in with their phone numbers and it had some type of translation. The idea is to get the name of the person dialing in. I don't know if they can get tricky and pick up a name that's associated with that number or prompt the user as they do on Skype.

I'm a new user of Microsoft Teams, I've only used it for a week.

I haven't encountered any stability problems at this point

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Team on an even par with Skype for Business. I would give it an 8 on a scale from one to10.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Teams. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,599 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Technical Project Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Handles meetings with multiple people with no visual or audio interruptions
  • "The most valuable features are visual and audio, as they are very clear with no interruptions."
  • "Microsoft Teams does not have any features that Zoom, Skype, or Webex don't already have."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for meetings, especially since everyone is working from home now.

What is most valuable?

It has a chatting feature, document sharing, and features that are required for online meetings.

What needs improvement?

I have only recently started using Microsoft Teams. It's been more than a month.

We are using the latest version.

This is a stable solution.

I have not contacted technical support, as I have not had any issues.

We were using Zoom but there were some issues, then we started using Microsoft Teams. We were also using previously using Webex as well as Skype. In total, there are many different products that I have used.

The initial setup is easy to work through.

What other advice do I have?

We use several Microsoft products.

It's a good product that can handle multiple people. My impression of Microsoft Teams is very good.

Solutions Architect at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Helpful for remote meetings, but the user interface should be improved

What is our primary use case?

We using Teams for internal and external communication. It is for one-on-one chats as well as group discussions.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to have remote meetings with customers and colleagues.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is non-intuitive and should be improved.

I have been using Microsoft Teams for about a year.

Microsoft Teams is a stable product.

I have not had a problem with scalability. We are using it corporate-wide across all company roles. At this point, I don't see our usage increasing.

How are customer service and technical

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The user interface is non-intuitive and should be improved.

I have been using Microsoft Teams for about a year.

Microsoft Teams is a stable product.

I rely on our internal team for technical support, so I have not used support from Microsoft.

Prior to Microsoft Teams, we were using Skype for Business. I prefer the interface that Skype has.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Microsoft Teams is included with our Office 365.

Our in-house team handled the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Chief Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Excellent integration features, particularly document sharing

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Teams is for meetings, but we also use it for document management and chatting, things like that.

What is most valuable?

I would consider document management a valuable feature. It's really the integration, being able to create groups to share documents that I think is the best. In other words, I can set up a meeting and associate documents to that meeting and everybody can see it.

What needs improvement?

I think the solution would be improved by giving people the ability to call into meetings. I don't think we have that ability yet.

I've been using this solution for nine months. We're partners with Microsoft and I'm the chief architect in our company.

What do I think about the

What needs improvement?

This is a solid and stable solution.

The scalability of this solution is good. We have almost 140,000 users in this company and Teams is used extensively.

The technical support is good.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend spending the time to learn the product, there is a learning curve.

Private Cloud
Isara Koyvanich
Assistant Vice President at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Bundled with other software, integrates well, and has good audio quality
  • "One big advantage of this solution over competitors is it is bundled with Office 365. This makes it more convenient."
  • "This solution is not as popular for companies to use as other solutions making it a disadvantage."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for group meetings.

What is most valuable?

One big advantage of this solution over competitors is it is bundled with Office 365. This makes it more convenient. Additionally, this solution integrates well with Outlook, which is part of the bundle, and other applications such as your calendar.

What needs improvement?

This solution is not as popular for companies to use as other solutions making it a disadvantage.

I have been using the solution for a couple of months.

We have approximately 260 people in my organization using this solution.

I have used Zoom previously and I have found there are technical problems frequently, such as the meeting or voice cuts out. This can happen even if the same network is used. The quality of voice is better with this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others because I have had good experiences.

I rate Microsoft Teams an eight of out ten.

Senior Solution Manager at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
User interface could be more flexible; the collaborating feature is helpful

What is our primary use case?

We're partners with Microsoft and I'm a senior solutions manager.

What is most valuable?

I think the collaborating feature is valuable.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be improved, it's a bit tedious that you cannot move around within the solution without closing what you are in the middle of.

I've been using this solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, we have approximately 500 users.

We have our own support.

We used Skype…

What is our primary use case?

We're partners with Microsoft and I'm a senior solutions manager.

What is most valuable?

I think the collaborating feature is valuable.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, we have approximately 500 users.

We have our own support.

We used Skype prior to Teams and switched because support for Skype was terminated.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a four out of 10.

KarthikViswanathan
President at Convene, Inc.
Good collaboration functionality in online meetings, but web conferencing needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is as a collaboration platform. We use it extensively for online meetings, chat, creating specific team related sites, and sharing content between the team members.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to collaborate.

What needs improvement?

Web conferencing needs improvements. The biggest issue is web content. We would like to have a caller's telephone number easily available to the team members.

We have been using Microsoft Teams for three to four months.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to collaborate.

What needs improvement?

Web conferencing needs improvements.

The biggest issue is web content.

We have been using Microsoft Teams for three to four months.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.