We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Sales Manager with 51-200 employees
Valuable geofencing and customer support with standard pricing
  • "One of the key features that I liked the most and a lot of the customer value as well is the geofencing. Geofencing is geographical locations. If the device is on a particular premise, then the policy applies. And when the device is not there, the policy goes away."
  • "Jamf does not go beyond Apple."

What is our primary use case?

The main use case is for device management.

How has it helped my organization?

One way the solution has improved the organization is through deployment. Deployment used to be a big hassle, and now it can be done remotely. Even before the goods are given to the customer, it is configured for them. So, when they open, it's ready for them as an enterprise. All the software is there. They just need to switch it on and it's configured automatically. They don't need to configure all security features, software, patches, whatever is there on their system. It can be remotely managed, including security, and everything is a part of it.

What is most valuable?

One of the key features that I liked the most and a lot of the customer value as well is the geofencing. Geofencing is geographical locations. If the device is on a particular premise, then the policy applies. And when the device is not there, the policy goes away.

What needs improvement?

As far as what Jamf does for a partner like us, we are happy with it. Single sign-on was something which was not there before. They have it now. The product is quite mature. What we look forward to is for Jamf to go beyond Apple. But I don't think they will go that way, because that is a differentiator for them.

I have been working with the solution for at least five years.

The solution is very stable. We don't have any major issues.

The solution is very scalable. Most of the usage for this software is in education and in healthcare.

Customer support from Jamf is fantastic. Whatever their SLA and commitments are, depending on what support package the customers wish, they're there.

You need to have Jamf certified people on board for the initial setup. It's much easier once it is applied and managed by the IT team. It's not very difficult for them.

Deployment takes from 15 minutes to one hour, depending on if the profile is already created. It also depends on connectivity and other things.

We deploy the solution ourselves, and we do have support from the manufacturer as well as Jamf. After that, it takes two people for maintenance of the solution.

The price is on the Jamf website. It's known to everyone. They have a standard pricing model which they follow, and it's global.

What other advice do I have?

For others thinking about trying Jamf, I think seeing is believing. Look at the product and evaluate it first before going for the product. They have a fantastic team and channel partners. Businesses can always approach either Jamf or a local channel partner in their respective country, and they can go for a small POC setup which Jamf will be more than happy to do for them in their respective countries. I'm sure the evaluation, the product demo team is very good, and they should be able to take care of most of the customer concerns and whatever they're looking for.

I would rate the solution an eight out of ten.

Other
Mobile System Administrator - End User Experience at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Improves productivity as well as our patient care experience
  • "Automating the refresh of the devices is huge for both sides of the end-user experience."
  • "Some improvement can be made in the customer service realm, while also making additional training level courses available for online study and exam-taking."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for us is MyChart Bedside, as we work to provide in-house iPads for different areas of our hospital. The iPads have entertainment apps, as well as tools to help improve their stay in our hospital.

We also use this solution for macOS deployment. We use the hosted Jamf Pro and cloud app shares. We internally use Jamf for the healthcare listener and the AD proxy.

How has it helped my organization?

Jamf has improved patient care and our ability to be more productive when delivering our end-users a nearly zero-touch onboarding experience for their Macs. We have seen our patient care experience improve with the use of Jamf and the ability to take the work out of our nurses' hands.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are Smart groups, branding Self Service, Jamf Connect, and the health care listener. These tools allow information technology to automate services and improve our end-user deliverables. The self-service branding enables our end-users, the patients, to identify us when using our provided products. These include apps and other tools for them to use.

What needs improvement?

Some improvement can be made in the customer service realm, while also making additional training level courses available for online study and exam-taking. For example, exams at the 200 level.

We have been using Jamf Pro for ten years.

The stability of the on-premises and hosted versions are solid.

My impressions of the scalability are good.

The support experience I have had with Jamf has been amazing. If you have an idea or a dream to make something happen with Jamf then their technical support and expert services can do it, or they will try very, very hard.

There is always a good explanation as to why something may or may not work.

We did use a different solution and still do for other aspects of our deployments. We integrated Jamf to solve our MyCharBedside issues.

The initial setup is easy to understand and is absolutely straightforward.

In the very early days, we leveraged the kickstart option. The rate of knowledge and help was exceptional.

Our ROI is superior patient care and improved end-user experiences.

Licensing cost is dependent on the footprint and foreseen growth. I think another positive is Jamf's flexibility to understand what you need to be done while molding the product to be as successful as possible.

We did not evaluate other options or solutions.

What other advice do I have?

If I can give anyone advice, I would go with the hosted product. Jamf is serious about providing a secure and separated hosted environment, as well as working with your internal teams to see that the job is done to your liking and not just the way they want it done. Collaboration is key.

Otherwise, Jamf continues to make good improvements time after time.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Jamf Pro. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
566,121 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Assistant Consultant at Tata Consultancy
The solution's tightly integrated workflows have made it easy to deploy, manage, offboard, or reissue a device
  • "Automated Device Enrollment workflows are great for zero-touch deployments, vital in the current global context. With Automated Device Enrollment workflows, we can deploy new Apple devices directly to end-users without help from the IT support team."
  • "It would be nice if Jamf added an onboarding tool integrated into Jamf Connect during the automated DEP enrollment workflow. It would also improve the user experience if Jamf integrated native macOS notifications, with the option to interact within the notification center."

What is our primary use case?

Our two-person IT team uses Jamf to manage more than 10,000 macOS and iOS devices across the globe. We use it to manage all Apple devices from new mergers and acquisitions.

How has it helped my organization?

Jamf Pro centralizes management for all corporate Apple devices, and Jamf Self Service has helped us eliminate unnecessary help tickets. We opted for Jamf Cloud, which has reduced our workload because Jamf takes care of all the maintenance, upgrades, and backups.

The solution's tightly integrated workflows have made it easy to deploy, manage, offboard, or reissue a device. Jamf also offers support for the latest Apple OS and hardware on the same day they are released.

What is most valuable?

Automated Device Enrollment workflows are great for zero-touch deployments, vital in the current global context. With Automated Device Enrollment workflows, we can deploy new Apple devices directly to end-users without help from the IT support team.

Jamf Pro and Intune conditional access integration also offers secure access to corporate data. Jamf Connect allows us to integrate and manage cloud identity providers locally on Macs. We can also integrate Jamf Pro and Jamf Protect for great remediation workflows that ensure the devices stay secure and compliant.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if Jamf added an onboarding tool integrated into Jamf Connect during the automated DEP enrollment workflow. It would also improve the user experience if Jamf integrated native macOS notifications, with the option to interact within the notification center.

The Jamfhelper tool could be enhanced with features like a progress bar, dropdown list, and shutdown deferral. Also, it would be really great if we could get an option to export policy logs for reporting purposes.

We've been using Jamf Pro for more than seven years.

Jamf is really stable.

Jamf's scalability is good.

Jamf Support is great, and they provide premium 24/7 support, with a dedicated support engineer as well. It's been a great experience so far.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We formerly used VMware AirWatch earlier, but we switched to Jamf because AirWatch didn't support the latest Apple OS and hardware releases. Also, VMware's support and user community weren't as good as Jamf's.

The initial Jamf setup was straightforward, but we had to tweak things based on our requirements and existing environment. We had help from Jamf Professional Services and Support during the initial kickstart session.

We opted for Jamf Professional Services, and they helped a two-person in-house team, including me, implement the solution.

You'll see a return in three to five years.

You can find Jamf's pricing online, and I would recommend contacting their sales and support staff to see if they can offer any additional discounts.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Jamf Pro 10 out of 10. It's a great product, and I think it's the gold standard for Apple enterprise management.

reviewer1441065
Information Technology Support Specialist at PrimeRevenue
Enables us to work fully remote as an IT team
  • "Integration with Apple's DEP program and the ability to image systems quickly and efficiently is one of the best features. I use Jamf Pro to push out remote access tools that allow us to help our users with issues that require more "hands-on" than only MDM can provide, which is nice as well."
  • "The product is pretty good as-is, but if anything could be improved I would say the UI could perhaps be a bit simpler. A mobile app to complement the web-based version, to perform specific tasks, would be nice to have - a good example of what I mean is the "Pulseway" MDM for Windows, they have a very useful and user-friendly mobile app."

What is our primary use case?

We have a mixed Windows/Mac environment, and needed a good MDM solution to efficiently handle the Mac side. We use Jamf Pro to image and deploy new systems utilizing DEP and pre-stage enrollment. We also push out policies and configurations to install software and settings for specific users that are role-based. With Jamf Pro, we're able to work fully remote as an IT team, which is something that would have been very difficult prior to its implementation. Luckily we installed the software before Covid!

How has it helped my organization?

Integration with Apple's DEP program and the ability to image systems quickly and efficiently is one of the best features. I use Jamf Pro to push out remote access tools that allow us to help our users with issues that require more "hands-on" than only MDM can provide, which is nice as well. Setting policies, and blocking software and processes has been useful to keep users safe, along with Self Service to install approved apps and updates for those users. I couldn't imagine operating the way we did before Jamf Pro.

What is most valuable?

Integration with Apple's DEP program and the ability to image systems quickly and efficiently is one of the best features. I use Jamf Pro to push out remote access tools that allow us to help our users with issues that require more "hands-on" than only MDM can provide, which is nice as well. Setting policies, and blocking software and processes has been useful to keep users safe, along with Self Service to install approved apps and updates for those users. I couldn't imagine operating the way we did before Jamf Pro.

What needs improvement?

The product is pretty good as-is, but if anything could be improved I would say the UI could perhaps be a bit simpler. A mobile app to complement the web-based version, to perform specific tasks, would be nice to have - a good example of what I mean is the "Pulseway" MDM for Windows, they have a very useful and user-friendly mobile app. I use that mobile app to do simple things like reboot/update user machines, push out policies, etc. Other than all that, a little more person to person training when onboarding, included with the purchase perhaps.

I have been using Jamp Pro for 10 months.

The stability is very good.

Scalability is great.

Great!

We did not use a different solution.

The setup was a bit complex and had a learning curve to get past.

In-house with support from vendor.

Initial setup will take some time and has a learning curve - allow yourself time to do this, or take some training ahead of time.

We primarily evaluated Jamf, we didn't really look at much else.

What other advice do I have?

Use it!

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
reviewer1697601
Apple Mac Specialist at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
Scalable with helpful technical support and excellent scripts
  • "We can set custom deployments based on every available parameter in macOS."
  • "I am always complaining about the reporting side of things. I love how reporting lets us create custom reports, however, I also feel like it could use some updating."

What is our primary use case?

In our company we are managing 5 clients - all using Jamf Pro. Our primary use case is to provision a big number of devices (located around the globe) with applications, network configurations, security settings, VPN configurations, printer setups, operating system patches, etc. Jamf Pro fits our needs in one hundred percent of the cases and helps us satisfy our customers. It’s a leading MDM that has the biggest number of features compared to other solutions (such as Microsoft Intune, Workspace One, or Quest Kace).

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization is not only managing other clients but also is being managed. Jamf Pro helps users in our organization to quickly, easily, and painlessly get applications required to fulfill their work. For example, the first enrollment to our company’s Jamf Pro installs Microsoft Office, Global Protect VPN, and sets the password requirements, assigns the device to the user, helps to get the 1Password license, and more. The user is also presented with a self-service application that contains all sorts of useful stuff.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspects include:

Scripts. Jamf Pro has the best scripts from all of the available MDM solutions. They allow us to deploy complicated scripts to thousands of users. We can use script parameters inside the console which allows us to use one script for different configurations. Also, logs are presented as soon as script is executed.

Extension attributes. This is a great feature that is not available in other MDMs. EAs let us create super custom reports and the possibilities are endless thanks to the fact that EAs can be scripted.

Smart Groups. We can set custom deployments based on every available parameter in macOS.

What needs improvement?

I am always complaining about the reporting side of things. I love how reporting lets us create custom reports, however, I also feel like it could use some updating. For example, when I need to create a report which has 20 conditions, I cannot simply choose one and then copy it 19 times. I need to search for the condition 20 times, then change the operators, etc.

In terms of additional features, I would be blown away if Jamf could add a force check-in button. We have a huge on-premises environment and our check-in is set to once per hour.

I've used the solution for 3.5 years.

I am very satisfied with the stability.

I am super satisfied. We have an environment for around 30,000 Mac devices.

I’ve had a couple of cases in the past and everything went fine. Jamf has always helped me.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We did use Dell Kace. It wasn’t bad, however, Jamf has a lot more features.

It was a simple setup. Jamf has a lot of manuals and the whole Jamf Nation is helpful.

I am always satisfied with Jamf support.

We went straight to Jamf, as we already new it’s capabilities.

John Hathcock
Help Desk & Server Support at Riverdale Ministries
Simple to use, facilitates device maintenance and compliance, and scales with our requirements
  • "Microsoft SSO integration allows us to set up email remotely for users without them having to do anything other than entering their password."
  • "I would like to see either a report section or an integration with a new reporting module to allow us to pull real metrics from the system easily."

What is our primary use case?

We use Jamf Pro Cloud to manage 500+ Apple iPads, MacBook Airs, and Mac minis across both our campus and distance learning environments with 50+ employees and 300 students.

Jamf Pro facilitates all device provisioning, software deployment, security profiles, and network access. The printer setup is managed by static groups. Device monitoring is simple using smart groups to monitor for device health, battery charge, storage, and OS version, among other options.

Jamf Pro Cloud is simple to use, powerful and it empowers our IT workflow to provide excellence in customer service.

How has it helped my organization?

We are a K-12 private Christian school located in Maryland. Due to this, we have several sets of regulations that we are required to be compliant with for child safety when using computers or mobile devices.

When we decided to implement our Apple 1:1 device program, we chose Jamf Pro as our MDM vendor. Starting out on-site as Casper Suite and then migrating to the Cloud as Jamf Pro, Jamf has allowed us to maintain compliance with the Child Online Protection Act and all applicable educational regulations.

This product makes device deployment and software maintenance simple.

What is most valuable?

Enrollment profiles allow us to pre-configure devices directly from Apple. We can set up a new Mac or iPad without ever touching the device.

Configuration profiles are assigned by static groups and allow us to manage device software, settings, security, and set up with ease.

Smart groups are triggered on certain data points such as battery charge, device health, OS version, etc., and allow us to monitor device use and user maintenance of the devices.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more robust reporting options for data. Right now there are data points you can configure on your login screen to monitor system health, device health, battery charge, OS versions, lost devices, etc., but there are no real reports you can run about device updates, maintenance, user metrics, etc.

I would like to see either a report section or an integration with a new reporting module to allow us to pull real metrics from the system easily. This will facilitate IT's ability to say, hey, budget people, here's why we need this.

We have been using Jamf Pro since 2013.

Jamf Pro Cloud has a 99% uptime.

Jamf Pro Cloud handles our device load without any issue.  We run approximately 250 iPads and 330 assorted Mac computers and laptops. With our combined device count, we're not taxing the system at all. From speaking with Jamf, we'd still be considered a smaller client, so to answer the question, I would recommend that potential clients contact Jamf for exact information, but it appears that they can scale from a small number of devices to several thousand with no issues.

Jamf Pro was our first MDM.

Other
Lee Litzsey
Endpoint Support Technician at Waddell & Reed Financial
Good user interface, affordable, and great for patch management
  • "The user interface is great."
  • "The solution should offer beta testing for new products."

What is our primary use case?

I used it in a school environment where we use it to download student's profiles and keep them connected to their Outlook, et cetera.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution helps as patch management with Macs. Previously I was doing everything manually by myself. With this product, now I'm saving two hours per device and I have roughly 30 devices that I deal with, so it's saving me a huge amount of work.

What is most valuable?

I love it because there's not too much out there for Macs in terms of patch management.

They give users a huge amount of time-savings.

The user interface is great.

The solution overall is very affordable.

What needs improvement?

The solution should offer beta testing for new products.

The solution needs more demos for when new releases come out to help us understand the changes and how to use new features.

I've been using the solution on and off for about two years.

The solution's stability is solid. There isn't any crashing. There aren't bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

On a previous project, we had about 75-80 people on the solution. On the current project the average amount of users will be 30-35. It's a bit of a smaller project.

When I did have questions, the 24-hour customer service they have on offer helped walk me through a lot of things. I'm satisfied with the level of support we get from Jamf. They've resolved any issue we've ever had.

I've had years of experience with Microsoft products such as the SCCM and we've used some more MBM's and mobile wiring and other kinds of solutions. We're also using Intune as well.

We haven't set up the solution just yet for this latest project. We're going to discuss implementing it soon. However, I need the budget for it first. I'm waiting for that. Right now, we're working on a demo.

We have done the initial setup for previous projects, and as I recall, it was not complex, it was quite straightforward.

I personally take care of any maintenance needed.

We had three days of on-site training. Jamf walks us through everything before implementation even begins so we have a good understanding of how everything works.

The pricing is pretty perfect. I like it; it's very affordable.

What other advice do I have?

I've been following the solution a lot on YouTube, as far as the latest updates, and am continuously reading new white papers on it.

The current version I'm using right now is a demo, however, in the past, I have used the on-premises version.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. If they added beta testing, I'd give it perfect marks.

reviewer1373802
IT Support Technician at MLSE
Helped us have the ability to push security updates and standardize all of our Mac computers in our environment
  • "Being able to push out elevation policies to users on an Adhoc basis helps us when users are not in the office."
  • "I think that there should also be more integrations with Jamf that could better the intelligence-gathering when making business decisions."

What is our primary use case?

Our main use of Jamf is to manage our ever-growing Apple environment. We are 90:10 Windows to Mac ration environment which means that the adoption rates for macOS are also increasing after our pilot project for our choice program. Although we're predominantly a Windows environment we've had challenges integrating our macOS devices but Jamf has made it simple with compliance deployments and when it comes to pushing out security patches and monitoring the devices remotely. It also helps monitor devices in our zero-trust environment.

How has it helped my organization?

It has made the management of macOS much easier and we are able to standardize and have our Macs in compliance. Although we're predominantly a Windows environment we've had challenges integrating our macOS devices but Jamf has made it simple with compliance deployments and when it comes to pushing out security patches and monitoring the devices remotely. It also helps monitor devices in our zero-trust environment.

What is most valuable?

The feature of having dynamic groups that can filter in the computers based on settings/apps/configurations/etc is the most valuable aspect of this solution. Jamf has helped us manage all our devices even remote users that are located in Europe or the States (we're in Canada) it also has helped us have the ability to push security updates and standardize all of our Mac computers in our environment. iOS devices have also been taken into consideration and having both iOS and macOS being managed in the same environment makes it more efficient and effective.

What needs improvement?

I've been thinking about improvement and I think it would be much advantageous to have some sort of remote desktop application that could be implemented to help the remote workforce during the Work From Home times. Also, I think that there should be some sort of mobile app that will help you manage the devices from an iOS device quickly in case some times you cannot be at your computer. I think that there should also be more integrations with Jamf that could better the intelligence-gathering when making business decisions.

I first used Jamf back in 2011 and started using it fulltime in 2018.

We didn't have a previous solution, but we use inTune as another MDM to manage our other devices.

I think the pricing could be a little more cost-effective and maybe the training could be a little bit cheaper but other than that if your org is willing to pay for it it's definitely worth it.

No other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely collaborate with the community. The Jamf nation is huge and always willing to help!

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)