Founder Director at a renewables & environment company with 1-10 employees
Reseller
Affordable communications and collaborations solution
  • "Valuable features of the solution are that it's simple and effective."
  • "To a degree, the project management service could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

My main use case for the solution is communications and to extend collaboration mostly around spreadsheets and a few groups, but mainly just to get teams on. We're working with fairly small teams, so I don't need a complex project management system at this stage. More and more I'm looking at using ClickUp somewhere down the line.

What is most valuable?

Valuable features of the solution are that it's simple and effective. The thing that I use most is access to documentation and being able to download a print; those are handy features for what I do. In general, basic communication administration.

What needs improvement?

To a degree, the project management service could be improved. I see the product is picking up task management specifically and we're trying to move away from emails as far as possible, but still sticking to the task management aspect.

Another area of improvement would be on the conversation side if you use the chat functions; it's a bit all over the place. But it again comes back towards the project management side, or rather workflow. To me, everything is a project, that's how I approach that.

I've been using G Suite since it was Google apps, and that was around 2009.

Google Workspace
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Google Workspace. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability is fine. I would rather think the local networks are falling apart, so the response times are sometimes slow, but it's not really Google related, it's network related.

The scalability is fine. I've got one site with 50 users, so scalability doesn't really matter that in that environment. On the Google apps platform, it doesn't matter if you have one, or 10, or 100 users really, because each user is just functioning on its own space.

I have not needed Google support in the reseller environment. I once needed to recover a Gmail address, which somebody created for a company and then disappeared, so there's quite a lot of information on there. And Google actually didn't help me, we had to find another way to recover it.

Prior to using G Suite, I used to run quite large projects on Microsoft Project. But that was before cloud was really involved.

The initial setup is straightforward. To integrate apps into G Suite is actually fairly simple. We're fortunately not sitting with a lot of disparate systems. I add one project and then I use IT to sync.

I would say the pricing is very affordable. To me it's cheaper to run a couple of users in a Google platform than what it would be with Microsoft Exchange. But of course, you've got Microsoft Cloud now, so I'm using that as well because clients require that.

What other advice do I have?

When considering G Suite, the key is moving from the old environment, Outlook, or whatever the case might be. I wouldn't use Outlook. I would just stick to the Google interface. But my advice is, if you want change, you've got to plan properly because you'll use it often. That is probably the biggest challenge.

I sell the product, and I would recommend it. I would rate the solution an eight out of ten.

Abhirup Sarkar - PeerSpot reviewer
Director, Middle East, East India & SAARC at DMX Technologies
Stable, easy to use, and very quick to set up
  • "The general ease of use is the solution's most valuable aspect. It's extremely simple to use. You don't even have to look up videos in order to figure things out. It's all very intuitive."
  • "They could increase the number of third-party integrations on offer."

What is our primary use case?

The product itself has a host of tools that come with it. Basically, we use it for our online meetings - web-based meetings. We use Google Meet for them. For file storage, we are using Google Drive. For any surveys or anything, again, there are capabilities. We are using the product for Gmail - their email service.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a host of features. There are so many, we are not using all of them. However, quite a few of them, including Drive, Sheets, Docs, Gmail, Meet, Calendar, and so on are extremely valuable to us.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability is very good.

The product is on the cloud. It's plug-and-play. There isn't a long, drawn-out setup process.

What needs improvement?

The pricing of the solution could be better. Maybe they can get some special pricing for it. They have something called a Business Starter, but maybe they can look at still slightly more optimized pricing for the other companies as well.

They could increase the number of third-party integrations on offer.

I don't see any technical challenges or features that are lacking. More or less, they have everything we need.

We've been using the solution for about a year or so now. It hasn't been too long.

We've found the solution to be very stable. We haven't faced any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's given us no issues at all so far. It's reliable.

The solution can scale. If a company needs to expand, it can do so with relative ease.

We have about 50 users on the solution at this time.

We do pan to continue to use it, and to increase usage in the future.

We did not require the assistance of technical support, and therefore I cannot speak to their level of service. We only really had two issues, and we simply used Google to find the answers we needed. Technical support was not required. Therefore, I can't speak to their level of knowledge or responsiveness.

The solution is on the cloud. It's kind of a plug-and-play solution. We just got a license or subscription. It gave us access to so many users. There are no hassles at all for the installation and configuration. They make it very simple.

It hardly takes more than a few minutes. The deployment is very fast.

You only need one person to handle the deployment process. It requires a very minimal amount of staff.

The pricing is a bit high. They should offer more licenses that could appeal to a wider variety of companies.

We currently have a yearly subscription which we pay.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution currently.

I'd recommend this solution to other users or companies. It's very user-friendly and easy to adopt.

I'd rate the product at a perfect ten out of ten. For a company our size, it gives us everything we require. It's great.

Google Workspace
November 2022
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sa’Ad Ahmed - PeerSpot reviewer
Sustainable Attainable Lifestyle at Tiny Toronto
Large interconnected ecosystem, beneficial upgrades, but difficult implementation
  • "G Suite Enterprise provides many features, such as business increased search visibility, email address, and domain. It's a large whole ecosystem that is the major benefit. You can manage your whole team and have many tools. Over seven years, the solution has gone through some drastic upgrades and improvements which are done automatically, I do not have to manual upgrade."
  • "There are 120 different products and Google is ready to copy their competitors and vice versa. Some of them work, and some of them don't. There are many newer tools with no-code environments which allow for a leaner self-owned system, where I'm not tied to paying hundreds and thousands of dollars a year to another company."

What is most valuable?

G Suite Enterprise provides many features, such as business increased search visibility, email address, and domain. It's a large whole ecosystem that is the major benefit. You can manage your whole team and have many tools. Over seven years, the solution has gone through some drastic upgrades and improvements which are done automatically, I do not have to manual upgrade.

These types of solutions were code-heavy five years ago, but if you're to recreate it using the no-code environment, they're not only growing in that perspective they're also growing the AI. "How do I handle the data at the end of it?" HubSpot is not growing those services.

What needs improvement?

There are 120 different products and Google is ready to copy their competitors and vice versa. Some of them work, and some of them don't. There are many newer tools with no-code environments which allow for a leaner self-owned system, where I'm not tied to paying hundreds and thousands of dollars a year to another company.

In the next release of G Suite Enterprise, it would be a benefit to have mapping integration. For example, receiving the location on who you're interacting with and where people are coming from.

The mapping integration feature should not be an afterthought, but an active part of engagement with the people. If I send out a post to social media because emails are not a thing anymore, you're doing it through the social channel and people respond to it. "This is where I am and here's a picture of my backyard, my company is called Tiny Toronto and we build homes in backyards." This should get mapped on a map, Google's good at maps. The marketing generation between people tagging themselves on a map, you have that information accessible in that platform that you can make outreach to them. HubSpot hasn't evolved fast enough to go at that velocity. It's on hold because it doesn't have the mapping integration into something.

I have used G Suite Enterprise within the past 12 months.

The solution is stable, we have never lost data. They don't let you delete stuff in some sense.

G Suite Enterprise support is very accessible. I can click on call back connect with someone, and they can solve my problem immediately. They are a utility company that answers the phone.

I have used HubSpot previously and they are not as dynamic as G Suite Enterprise.

If HubSpot wants to be a utility company they have to be able to answer the phone. I'm planning to move to Shopify, and it has an integration with Google Adwords, you can have fulfillment and everything in a separate ecology. I'm sure G Suite Enterprise has other things that plug into Shopify that's been built new. HubSpot is not a growing platform anymore, people have gone elsewhere, especially in e-retailing.

G Suite Enterprise requires effort to set it all up.

The price of G Suite Enterprise is reasonable compared to HotSpot. I'm not going to say G Suite Enterprise is affordable. It's valuable, you find value in paying your gas bill or your electricity bill, because of what it allows you to do.

What other advice do I have?

I rate G Suite Enterprise a seven out of ten.

Head of Product at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Easy to use and stable but does have formatting issues
  • "The solution offers very good email. It's a very good email provider."
  • "For Google Docs, if you upload a Word document up to Google Docs, it could mess up your formatting quite a bit."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for email and Google Drive. We use Google Sheets as well occasionally. It's mainly those items. We don't really use Google Docs. It's largely Google Drive and Gmail.

What is most valuable?

The solution is rather easy to collaborate on. You can just upload files, even if it is an Excel file or a Word document. Once they are uploaded, you can collaborate easily.

The solution offers very good email. It's a very good email provider.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability of the solution is very good.

The solution is very easy to use.

It's perfect for smaller organizations.

The initial setup is pretty easy.

What needs improvement?

I used Excel quite a bit. When you switch over to Google Suite, maybe due to the fact that it's a web platform, the shortcuts are not the easiest. I'm quite used to Excel shortcuts. Shortcuts on G Suite are not the best.

In terms of Google Docs, if you upload a Word document up to Google Docs, it could mess up your formatting quite a bit.

I've maybe been working with the solution for about three years or so. In my previous company, we were working with G Suite as well. I've used it across a few organizations at this point.

The stability is very good overall. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability of the product is good. We haven't hit any limitations at all. If a company can scale it, it shouldn't be a problem.

I've never had to reach out to technical support. I've never come across a problem that would require me to raise a ticket. The solution works very well. I haven't had any technical issues and therefore have no experience with technical support.

I also use Microsoft Office. Sometimes when you upload Microsoft to Google, the formatting goes a little haywire.

In terms of the initial setup, I don't know too much about the process. I didn't set it up personally. It was my company's support services that handled the implementation. It was also already up and running when I came in. They just asked me to set up my Gmail and I have access to all the other sorts of apps in G Suite. In that sense, it's straightforward.

Our internal team set up the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are just users and customers.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.  If the solution had fewer formatting issues on Microsoft to Google uploads, and if I used Google Keep more, I might rate it higher.

If you don't use anything, it's always between this option and Office 365. For a smaller company, G Suite is easy to set up. I would assume it's quite straightforward. Microsoft might be better for a larger organization. In general, however, the whole setup is pretty easy to use.

Specialist in IT Security at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reliable, scalable, and simple to implement
  • "I have found the solution to be pretty stable."
  • "There seems to be a bit of vulnerability on some operating systems, specifically on the iPhone. There isn't as much control as if a person is using an Android. That's a bit of a concern."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for work and also for the MDM BYOD control.

What is most valuable?

We're currently still testing the solution. It's very early in the process.

I'm also aware of Microsoft's MDM. When compared with Google, they are both pretty much the same, and not too different.

The initial setup is easy.

The scalability is good.

I have found the solution to be pretty stable.

What needs improvement?

We mostly needed G Suite for the data to implement the BYOD policy. We're still in the process. Once everything is implemented, my understanding is that it will work well for us, however, it's still very early in the process. Right now, we're still in the testing phase.

We'll need to have more control of the data lake once we have the BYOD policy in place. We need more control in terms of DLP going forward. This solution doesn't seem to really cover that functionality.

There may be some usability issues within the browser.

We have not begun using it yet, however, we have the license. We have the license for testing. We've used the solution for about two months in a testing capacity.

To be fair, I only tested Google G Suite and have not compared it to another provider vendor.

That said, the enterprise edition is quite stable compared with simply using Google on the browser to read the email. I find it's not easy to read on the browser.

The scalability on offer has been fine and it seems to be able to expand quite well.

I've never been in touch with technical support. Therefore, I cannot speak to how helpful they are, or how quickly they respond to questions.

We have found the implementation process to be straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult.

I'm on the security team. I can't speak to the exact licensing costs. It's not a part of the product I deal with directly.

We did look at different options.

In Thailand, you need to have control the BYOD. That's why we tried to find a solution that addresses this. Our organization already was using the Google G Suite and we decided to move to Enterprise.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not the direct implementer of the product. I just looked into the features inside, however, I did not directly set up G-Suite and therefore I can't be sure if it's a cloud-based deployment.

We are just customers and end-users. We don't have a partnership with Google.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. When I compare it to the Microsoft offering, it's pretty good.

Country Manager at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Easy to use with lots of great features and good stability
  • "I like everything that Google does. They have good products."
  • "The solution could always be more secure, although that doesn't affect me so much."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use it for interaction with customers. For internal use, we mostly use Slack. There's hardly any email internally. External emails, however, require Gmail.

What is most valuable?

I like everything that Google does. They have good products.

It's easy to use.

The solution is stable.

The scalability is good.

It's smarter than I am. There are always more features that I need to explore.

I'm happy with its current integration capabilities.

What needs improvement?

The next trend in email is automation, as email becomes hard when you need to do maintenance, put in the files, and remember where you put stuff. Automation can take away the noise, so to speak.

That said, for us, since a lot of the communication is done on Slack, email is not used as much anymore. It used to be distribution lists and it was difficult to maintain the inbox. However, now, using Slack, it's not a big issue anymore.

I've been at my current company for about three months and have used it since then.

The stability of G-suite is good. There are no bugs or glitches. There is no crashing or freezing. It's reliable.

The solution is very scalable. If you need to scale up, you can do so with Google.

We don't have a lot of users. We're a small company. It's probably close to a hundred users in total.

I've never been in touch with technical support. I haven't had any issues. Therefore, I would not be able to rate the level of service they provide.

I used Office 365 before. I can't say that there's a major difference between the two options, or that one is good and one is bad. They're both very good, very advanced.

As it's a cloud-based solution, there isn't really an implementation that happens. It's very simple and straightforward to start using it.

I don't know how much it costs due to the fact that I'm just a user. I'm a sales guy, I'm not the IT guy. I don't handle any aspect of licensing.

What other advice do I have?

Our company is a client and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with Google.

As we are using the cloud version of the solution, we're always on the latest version of the product.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. It does what it needs to do in a very good way, so it gets a high mark from me.

Solutions / IT / AI Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Scalable with an easy initial setup and great stability
  • "The product can scale easily."
  • "The cost could be improved. It can sometimes be a bit confusing figuring out how we are actually being charged."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the various software on the platform. We also use it for sales administration.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is its ability to offer sales administrative support.

The initial setup is very easy.

The stability has always been very good.

The product can scale easily.

What needs improvement?

There should be something done about inter-productivity between cloud platforms. It is so difficult to connect two different platforms with these tools as there is not any inter-productivity or inter-operability.

We started with the free version of the solution and have since moved to the enterprise option. We've used the solution for about three years at this time.

The product is very stable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

The solution is quite scalable. A company could easily expand it out to fit whatever needs they have.

Currently, our organization has about 50 users. We do plan to continue to use the solution.

I can't really speak to the helpfulness or responsiveness of technical support. We don't really use it that much.

We didn't really use any other solution previously. We might have just used other Google offerings. We were only four people, and we originally a small team.

The initial setup is not complex. It's very straightforward. It's easy. A company wouldn't have any issues with the prospect of setting it up internally.

The deployment only took 15 days. It was quite quick. We really appreciated it didn't take too long.

I can't directly speak to how many people were involved internally in the deployment and maintenance aspects of the product.

We did not use a reseller, integrator, or consultant's services during the initial setup. We were able to handle it ourselves internally. We had our own team in place.

The cost structure should be adjusted to make it more clear and explain better to users how they are being charged and why.

We started with the free version and have since moved to the enterprise offering.

I don't have information regarding the exact costs for our company.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users.

I would recommend the solution. We've been mostly quite happy with it overall.

In general, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

key founder and Managing Director at adcareIT
Good mobile features, excellent search capabilities, and allows for multiple users to edit one document simultaneously
  • "They are launching more and more features for mobile, which I understand our customers appreciate."
  • "I am not a big fan of how Gmail organizes the mail. I find it complicated to see which mail from which users send at which date. Especially if there is a lot."

What is our primary use case?

We tend to implement this solution for our clients. The solution is mainly used for email.

What is most valuable?

Most of our customers are using the basic version.

A lot of the customers use Google Suite. They like the word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presenting tools of Google. Younger customers, newer companies, are more used to full Google. Google Docs, Google Spreadsheet, and so, on as they used it already as a student. They are quite comfortable with the solution and find it user-friendly and easy to navigate - more so than Microsoft, for example.

The ability for multiple users to work in one document is very useful.

The Gmail search tool is excellent. They have the most powerful search tool of all the email managers I work with. They are much, much better than Outlook, for instance. The Outlook search machine is fairly poor actually. If you have a lot of emails and you will do a search, it misses a lot.

What needs improvement?

We've been using the solution for about ten years or so. It's been a long time at this point.

The companies we work with are 100% small and medium-sized. We don't have any enterprise or corporate customers.

While I have never directly dealt with technical support from Google, from talking with my team, it is my understanding that they are quite good. I would say that we are satisfied with the level of support.

We've also worked with Microsoft. We mostly use that in my office.

Given how happy our customers have been with the solution, I would rate it at an eight out of ten.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Google partner and we sell to our customers G Suite, or Google Works as it is called now. That's what we do. We're are also a Microsoft partner. We do a lot with Dynamics, Navision Microsoft Dynamics, and we're also a reseller of Microsoft 365. We do backup and disaster recovery in partnership with N‑able. All these things, we do as an MSP. We do remote monitoring as a platform solution where you buy the agents and you do your own management or we do it as an MSP where we do 24/7 management, for instance, of your server monitoring.

We are a managed service provider or a total IT service provider to the market. We do a variety of solutions, primarily for SMEs.

Download our free Google Workspace Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022