IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
SAP Basis Consultant at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A flexible and customizable solution that is both stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to help us with business processes and to run our business efficiently.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it's very customizable and it's flexible.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be simplified. Technical support response time could be better. SAP ERP needs to be more innovative when it comes to areas like mobility and the internet. They have to enable it.

I have been working with SAP ERP for approximately ten years.
SAP ERP
May 2022
Learn what your peers think about SAP ERP. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2022.
599,220 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's a stable solution and we have plans to increase our usage.

SAP ERP is very scalable.

Technical support is good, but there is always room for improvement. They could be faster.

The initial setup is a bit complex. It took approximately six months to deploy.

We had a tech agency help with deployment.

There are licensing costs.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution but not on a large scale. They should start on a smaller scale. I would rate SAP ERP an eight out of ten.

Solution Application Development Manager at a real estate/law firm with 201-500 employees
A robust product, but it is expensive and the technical support is below average

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is Enterprise Resource Planning.

What is most valuable?

This is a robust and feature-rich solution.

What needs improvement?

The user interface needs to be improved.

Licensing is expensive and should be reduced.

I have been working with SAP ERP for seven years.

The stability is quite good.

We have between 18 and 20 people who regularly use this ERP.

We have had experiences with technical support that are both good and bad. Overall, I would say that they are below average. Their support is not clear, and furthermore, even a priority ticket takes a lot of time to resolve.

The initial setup is complex. It took us about a year and a half to fully deploy.

We called a consultant to assist us with implementation and deployment, although we have an internal team that handles the maintenance.

This is a costly product.

What other advice do I have?

The cloud option for this solution is quite good.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

SAP ERP
May 2022
599,220 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SAP Architect/ Business Analyst BPC, BW , SAC , FI at a educational organization with 10,001+ employees
A stable ERP solution with a good user interface and a lot of functionalities

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use SAP ERP for business and business process improvements.

What is most valuable?

SAP ERP has a good user interface with a lot of functionalities and good interface options.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if SAP ERP offered more competitive pricing. It would also help if it were more open, more flexible, with more standard products.

I have been using SAP ERP for the last 15 years.

SAP ERP is a stable solution.

The scalability of SAP ERP depends on different modules.

SAP ERP technical support has been really good. All SAP support has been really good. Response time is good, and they have a good understanding of the product.

It wasn't easy to install SAP ERP. It has its own sequence of steps that we need to follow, but it isn't that complicated.

The licensing costs are slightly on the higher side. They need to make it more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend SAP ERP to potential customers.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give SAP ERP an eight.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: implementer
IT manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It helps manage enterprise resources

What is most valuable?

ERP can help manage all enterprise resources. It brings them together and provides some analytical data to inform management decisions.

What needs improvement?

I'm only working on the front end with ERP's user interface, which isn't very easy for end-users. It's an old-school interface, so it's often challenging to find what you need. It could be because I'm not well trained in ERP. I occasionally work with the user interface when I'm negotiating a contract.

We've been using ERP for five or six years.

The stability depends on several factors, not only the SAP software but also your infrastructure, configuration, and support. All those aspects should be considered together.

I haven't contacted SAP for support with ERP, but I have a relationship with them. My previous company was a software vendor that sold many applications similar to ERP, so I can express my general opinion.

SAP's support work is divided into three different areas: production environment, testing, and development. There is a specific approach for each area, with a different level of availability, response times, etc. Of course, the production environment is more critical, and SAP allocates more resources to it than others.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate SAP ERP eight out of 10.

Sr. Manager IT at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Next generation tool with many beneficial integrated modules

What is our primary use case?

I'm the head of IT and we are customers of SAP ERP.

What is most valuable?

This is a great product with a lot of good integrated modules. It's a fine product in terms of integrity, I have a lot of praise for the SAP. This is a next generation tool that has been greatly improved.

What needs improvement?

It's difficult to code, the structured language is difficult and could be improved. In my view, the article financials could be better.

We've been using this solution for around nine years.

This is a stable solution.

Scalability is not really relevant in this type of product.

I've experienced both the functional side and the technical side. They are good, I have explored a few things about the ABAP Dictionary and technologies. The structured language could be simplified.

If you have good resources and quality people who understand the business and procedures, the implementation is not a big challenge.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Nam Doan - PeerSpot reviewer
Java Software Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Has support that is quick to respond

What is our primary use case?

My company wants to change from the legacy system to the new system and new technology.

They also want it to be on-prem.

Our kind of enterprise is expanding and wants to change the system to adopt a workflow. They want to improve productivity.

What is most valuable?

They provide a full service.

My company has been using SAP ERP for ten years.

On average, the companies that use SAP ERP have around 50 users.

=> I mean that related to license, company may has over 200 or 300 employees, but company only buys 50 account for 50, 70 end-users to use system.

Technical support is fast. Whenever we have a problem, I contact levels 1 or 2 and they are timely.

SAP is more expensive than some of its competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate SAP ERP an 8.5 out of ten. Not a ten because the solution could be cheaper.

Hybrid Cloud
Associate Manager at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Very good customization features; stable with good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are a Thai company providing system integration. We are partners of SAP and I'm an associate manager at the company.

What is most valuable?

In general, I like the features of this solution, in particular the customization.

What needs improvement?

I think the license fees are too high.

I've been using this solution for seven years.

The product is quite stable.

Most customers are moving to the cloud so scalability is not an issue. We have an internal team of around 10 people who deal with engineering software. We have hundreds of users of this product.

Technical support is good.

The initial setup was quite straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Most customers prefer to implement SAP because of the customization it offers.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Manager Finance at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good integration, stable, and scalable, but needs a better user interface

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for all of our core business processes, including finance, sales and distribution, warehousing, and HR. We have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

Its integration is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

Its user interface should be improved.

I have been using this solution for more than seven years.

It is stable.

It is also scalable. Currently, we have more than a thousand users.

Their technical support is fine. We have a Service Level Agreement with SAP's technical support. They are within their Service Level Agreement.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It is the best ERP product. We plan to keep using it in the foreseeable future.

I would rate SAP ERP a seven out of ten.

Download our free SAP ERP Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: May 2022