We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Veerender Kumar
Product Owner at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Overall good features, stable, but lacking flexibility

What is our primary use case?

We are using SAP ERP in the agricultural industry and we use it mostly for finance control models.

What is most valuable?

Overall the solution is very good in the industry.

What needs improvement?

The flexibility in using the software could improve. I am from a product background and I've been testing a lot of applications, for example, Informatics. The UI, features, and cloud version could improve.

I have been using SAP ERP for approximately two years.

SAP ERP is stable.

I have found SAP ERP scalable. We have approximately 100 people using this solution in my organization.

How are

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Overall the solution is very good in the industry.

What needs improvement?

I have been using SAP ERP for approximately two years.

SAP ERP is stable.

I have found SAP ERP scalable.

We have approximately 100 people using this solution in my organization.

My team was involved with the support and they could improve by being faster.

We have used a previous solution and it was a purely homegrown system, which was completely customized and developed in .NET.

The initial setup was complex and took approximately three hours for all the computers.

We used an integrator for the implementation of the solution. Four consultants is a good number for the process.

We pay annually for the use of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I would rate SAP ERP a seven out of ten.

Manager - Business Intelligence, Business Relationship Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Control and governance are great features
  • "Control and governance are the best features."
  • "Pricing could be improved for preferred customers."

What is our primary use case?

I'm the company manager and we are customers of SAP.

What is most valuable?

Control and governance are the best features of SAP. We have good support as well and there is a big ecosystem around SAP where we can get technical support.

What needs improvement?

SAP is always costlier than other products so I'd like to see the pricing improved for preferred customers. Integration could also be improved.

I've been using this solution for 10 years.

This solution is stable.

The solution is scalable. There are four plants in my area and about 100 people using SAP. There are many, many more users worldwide.

We are satisfied with the technical support.

We used JD Edwards before SAP and as a corporate move, all the plants went over to SAP and our department also moved eventually. The company chose a good product.

The initial setup is somewhat difficult but with the kind of support we have it's not a problem. The installation or implementation is a tough thing for SAP, there are multiple factors which have to be taken into consideration.

What other advice do I have?

For larger companies, I think SAP is the best solution we have in ERP.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about SAP ERP. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
565,304 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SAP MDG Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to install with good Material Management capabilities, but it could be more stable

What is our primary use case?

I am with a consulting company and we assist our clients with different solutions. SAP ERP is one of the products that I have experience with. It is primarily used for Material Management (MM) processes. We use an SAP S/4HANA system.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the ease of installation and the MM functionality.

What needs improvement?

I always prefer using an S/4HANA system.

I have been working with SAP ERP for more than one year.

Although I have had problems with stability, so does every product. SAP is the best of all of them in this regard.

I have never been in contact…

What is our primary use case?

We use an SAP S/4HANA system.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I always prefer using an S/4HANA system.

I have been working with SAP ERP for more than one year.

I have never been in contact with technical support.

This is an easy product to install, although the process can be more difficult depends on the customer's requirements and environment. Sometimes, we have to interact with customers a lot before it is complete.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend for others.

In summary, this is a good product but it is made by humans hands. Every product has problems, even in perfect projects. Nonetheless, this one is good enough.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
SAP Basis Consultant at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A flexible and customizable solution that is both stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to help us with business processes and to run our business efficiently.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it's very customizable and it's flexible.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be simplified. Technical support response time could be better. SAP ERP needs to be more innovative when it comes to areas like mobility and the internet. They have to enable it.

I have been working with SAP ERP for approximately ten years.

It's a stable solution and we have plans to increase our usage.

SAP ERP is very scalable.

How are customer

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it's very customizable and it's flexible.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be simplified.

Technical support response time could be better.

I have been working with SAP ERP for approximately ten years.

It's a stable solution and we have plans to increase our usage.

SAP ERP is very scalable.

Technical support is good, but there is always room for improvement. They could be faster.

The initial setup is a bit complex.

It took approximately six months to deploy.

We had a tech agency help with deployment.

There are licensing costs.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution but not on a large scale. They should start on a smaller scale.

I would rate SAP ERP an eight out of ten.

Solution Application Development Manager at a real estate/law firm with 201-500 employees
A robust product, but it is expensive and the technical support is below average

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is Enterprise Resource Planning.

What is most valuable?

This is a robust and feature-rich solution.

What needs improvement?

The user interface needs to be improved. Licensing is expensive and should be reduced.

I have been working with SAP ERP for seven years.

The stability is quite good.

We have between 18 and 20 people who regularly use this ERP.

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is Enterprise Resource Planning.

What is most valuable?

This is a robust and feature-rich solution.

What needs improvement?

The user interface needs to be improved.

Licensing is expensive and should be reduced.

I have been working with SAP ERP for seven years.

The stability is quite good.

We have between 18 and 20 people who regularly use this ERP.

We have had experiences with technical support that are both good and bad. Overall, I would say that they are below average. Their support is not clear, and furthermore, even a priority ticket takes a lot of time to resolve.

The initial setup is complex. It took us about a year and a half to fully deploy.

We called a consultant to assist us with implementation and deployment, although we have an internal team that handles the maintenance.

This is a costly product.

What other advice do I have?

The cloud option for this solution is quite good.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

SAP Architect/ Business Analyst BPC, BW , SAC , FI at a educational organization with 10,001+ employees
A stable ERP solution with a good user interface and a lot of functionalities

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use SAP ERP for business and business process improvements.

What is most valuable?

SAP ERP has a good user interface with a lot of functionalities and good interface options.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if SAP ERP offered more competitive pricing. It would also help if it were more open, more flexible, with more standard products.

I have been using SAP ERP for the last 15 years.

SAP ERP is a stable solution.

The scalability of SAP ERP depends on different modules.

SAP ERP technical support has been really good. All SAP…

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use SAP ERP for business and business process improvements.

What needs improvement?

I have been using SAP ERP for the last 15 years.

SAP ERP is a stable solution.

The scalability of SAP ERP depends on different modules.

SAP ERP technical support has been really good. All SAP support has been really good. Response time is good, and they have a good understanding of the product.

It wasn't easy to install SAP ERP. It has its own sequence of steps that we need to follow, but it isn't that complicated.

The licensing costs are slightly on the higher side. They need to make it more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend SAP ERP to potential customers.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give SAP ERP an eight.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: implementer
IT manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It helps manage enterprise resources

What is most valuable?

ERP can help manage all enterprise resources. It brings them together and provides some analytical data to inform management decisions.

What needs improvement?

I'm only working on the front end with ERP's user interface, which isn't very easy for end-users. It's an old-school interface, so it's often challenging to find what you need. It could be because I'm not well trained in ERP. I occasionally work with the user interface when I'm negotiating a contract.

We've been using ERP for five or six years.

What needs improvement?

We've been using ERP for five or six years.

The stability depends on several factors, not only the SAP software but also your infrastructure, configuration, and support. All those aspects should be considered together.

I haven't contacted SAP for support with ERP, but I have a relationship with them. My previous company was a software vendor that sold many applications similar to ERP, so I can express my general opinion.

SAP's support work is divided into three different areas: production environment, testing, and development. There is a specific approach for each area, with a different level of availability, response times, etc. Of course, the production environment is more critical, and SAP allocates more resources to it than others.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate SAP ERP eight out of 10.

Sr. Manager IT at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Next generation tool with many beneficial integrated modules

What is our primary use case?

I'm the head of IT and we are customers of SAP ERP.

What is most valuable?

This is a great product with a lot of good integrated modules. It's a fine product in terms of integrity, I have a lot of praise for the SAP. This is a next generation tool that has been greatly improved.

What needs improvement?

It's difficult to code, the structured language is difficult and could be improved. In my view, the article financials could be better.

We've been using this solution for around nine years.

This is a stable solution.

Scalability is not really relevant in this type of product.

How are

What is our primary use case?

I'm the head of IT and we are customers of SAP ERP.

What needs improvement?

We've been using this solution for around nine years.

This is a stable solution.

Scalability is not really relevant in this type of product.

I've experienced both the functional side and the technical side. They are good, I have explored a few things about the ABAP Dictionary and technologies. The structured language could be simplified.

If you have good resources and quality people who understand the business and procedures, the implementation is not a big challenge.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.