We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Nhan Tran
Data & AI expert at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A premium office solution with a valuable backup feature in OneDrive
  • "The most useful thing about it is Microsoft OneDrive. It helps me back up everything on my laptop. If I lose my laptop, I can confidently buy a new one and get back my previous work files. I like the Microsoft Office package, Microsoft Word, presentation, and Excel. I like that it is very easy to use, especially for a Mac user. They have a very big community, and whenever I get stuck or have questions, I just ask Google, and then I get the answer immediately."
  • "It would be better if they seamlessly integrated with Macs. Because I have two laptops, and whenever I open one file in Windows laptop, and then I open the same file in my Macbook, the user interface is not consistent. Certain functions can run on Windows, but another function cannot, but it runs on the Mac."

What is our primary use case?

I use Microsoft 365 Business for my daily business.

What is most valuable?

The most useful thing about it is Microsoft OneDrive. It helps me back up everything on my laptop. If I lose my laptop, I can confidently buy a new one and get back my previous work files. I like the Microsoft Office package, Microsoft Word, presentation, and Excel.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if they seamlessly integrated with Macs. Because I have two laptops, and whenever I open one file in Windows laptop, and then I open the same file in my Macbook, the user interface is not consistent. Certain functions can run on Windows, but another function cannot, but it runs on the Mac.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for nearly ten years.

Microsoft 365 Business is totally stable.

It is easy to install—just one click. It did not take long to deploy. I think it is quite fast or maybe because my laptop is the modern one, it took less than five minutes.

I implemented this solution by myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to other users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Microsoft 365 Business a nine.

Devanand PR
IT Support Executive at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Collaborate in real time with professional email, online storage, and teamwork tools
  • "Microsoft 365 Business includes SharePoint which is a really good tool. Plus, there are so many apps that you can integrate with this solution."
  • "The SMTP should be easier to use and navigate."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft 365 for communication and collaboration in regard to typical business activities like drafting documents, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations.

Within our organization, on a daily basis, there are roughly 400 users, using this solution. We definitely plan to keep using this solution in the future.

What is most valuable?

Microsoft 365 Business includes SharePoint which is a really good tool. MS Forms is also a very good tool for data collection. Plus, there are so many apps that you can integrate with this solution.

What needs improvement?

Many things could be improved but I cannot be specific because there are so many applications.

I've been using Microsoft 365 Business since it first hit the market.

Microsoft Office is a longstanding product. It's easy to use and install. It's very stable.

It's a truly scalable solution

I used some free and open alternatives but feature-wise those are far behind O365

Easy installation process

In-house

There is a licensing cost, but considering the features that it's equipped with, it's not that expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
565,304 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Manager - Digital Initiatives at SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd. at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Simple to use, but the stability needs improvement
  • "It is easy to use."
  • "The stability could be improved."

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The stability could be improved.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for approximately one year.

We are using the latest version.

Overall, Microsoft 365 Business is a stable product. It will occasionally hang, but this is extremely rare. It is also possible that it is a hardware issue.

Scalability is an area I have yet to explore.

This solution is used by thousands of people in our organization.

I have not contacted technical support. If I run into any issues, I contact our technical team

We are also using Lotus Notes, Gmail, and Windows 10 is our operating system.

We have been using Windows 10 for approximately six years. We use it to run our personal applications.

When I have any issues, I just have my tech team look at my laptop.

I would rate Windows 10 a seven out of ten.

I was not a part of the installation.

We had a technical team help and install it.

I don't pay any licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a seven out of ten.

SAP Architecture Manager at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Great load utilization tool and no need for an in-house IT team
  • "Offers a great load utilization tool."
  • "The Teams feature doesn't allow for sharing location which Office 365 had."

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft 365 has so many features that we're using including Teams and Sharepoint, as well as some items and plugins as part of Office 365 applications. We are customers of Microsoft and I'm an SAP architecture manager in analytics.

What is most valuable?

I really like the load utilization tool in the laptop and that everything is in the cloud. It provides data security and mobile access. There is no need to have infrastructure in the office or an in-house IT team which is great. I like having access to the SharePoint platform.

What needs improvement?

Unfortunately the Teams feature doesn't allow for sharing your location which Office 365 previously had. It's important for us to be able to share that information with other team members. I'd also like to see more storage because currently OneDrive gives 1 TB of space and we'd like more of that.

I've been using this solution for over six years.

Technical support instantly respond to me although it depends on the time difference. I think they are good, we haven't had any problems.

The initial setup takes less than 30 minutes. Anybody can do it although we had an admin person deploy for us. We currently have about 15 users in the company.

We pay a monthly subscription for the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this product a nine out of 10.

Process Manager at a marketing services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to install, scalable, and reliable
  • "I prefer Outlook. It gives me a lot of feature sets."
  • "The price for the license is always expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to manage emails. We mostly use Outlook.

What is most valuable?

I prefer Outlook. It gives me a lot of feature sets.

What needs improvement?

There are too many products included in Office 365, most of which we do not use at all. They should concentrate on the ones that are mostly being used.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for three or four years.

We are using the latest version.

Microsoft 365 Business is a stable product.

There are no issues with the scalability of this solution.

All of the members of our company are using this solution. We have approximately 350 members who use Microsoft 365 Business.

We have not contacted technical support. We have not had any issues.

We are in the training phases with Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS. We have not deployed these solutions in our environment.

The installation is straightforward. You don't need a technical team to install it.

The price for the license is always expensive. We need to bring it down.

The licensing fees are paid yearly.

What other advice do I have?

For sure, I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten.

Senior Network & Security Infrastructure Engineer at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
Stable and easy to use, integrates well with other products, and has good technical support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to design our product in Azure on the Cloud.

What is most valuable?

Microsoft 365 Business is easy to use, everything is clear, it has good support, and it integrates well with other solutions. Everything is easy with Microsoft.

What needs improvement?

Security could be improved.  The user interface is good, I don't have any issues with it but everything could always be better.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for approximately four years.

This product is very stable.

The scalability of this product is good. We have 150 users.

How are

What is most valuable?

Everything is easy with Microsoft.

What needs improvement?

Security could be improved.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for approximately four years.

This product is very stable.

The scalability of this product is good. We have 150 users.

I am very satisfied with technical support, and if we have any problems then we open a case. You will have direct assistance from technical support.

Access is available directly in a portal to open a key, or we can contact directly via telephone and we can track the numbers.

For me, the initial setup was easy.

We have a team of 12 to maintain this solution, and level one and two security in our networking.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Microsoft 365 Business to others.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Director at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Handles our day to day Office-related tasks and scales with our needs

What is our primary use case?

We use the modules for non-specific, everyday tasks including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and others.

What needs improvement?

The latest update has got a lot of bugs and it is causing us problems. The stability should be improved.

We have been using Microsoft 365 Business for between two and three years.

This product should be more stable.

The scalability is okay. We have more than 300 users in the organization.

I don't have any experience with Microsoft's technical support.

Which solution did I use previously and why did I

What is our primary use case?

What needs improvement?

The latest update has got a lot of bugs and it is causing us problems.

The stability should be improved.

We have been using Microsoft 365 Business for between two and three years.

This product should be more stable.

The scalability is okay. We have more than 300 users in the organization.

I don't have any experience with Microsoft's technical support.

Prior to using Microsoft 365 Business, we used an Oracle project.

Our technical team was responsible for deployment. I was not personally involved.

We probably have about three people who are in charge of deployment and maintenance.

We pay regular licensing fees to continue using Microsoft 365 Business.

What other advice do I have?

I don't have a specific answer as to whether I would recommend it to others. It depends on the situation.

At the moment, we plan to continue using it in the future.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Senior Cybersecurity Leader, Consultant, Architect at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Provides excellent interoperability and ease of integration
  • "This product has great interoperability and ease of integration."
  • "The product lacks certain drawing tool capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for collaboration and integration communication. We use extended pipeline, SharePoint and emailing. It's really all about the connectivity of communication, sharing documents and things like that. We are customers of Microsoft.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of the product are the interoperability and ease of integration. I appreciate that there is a lot of documentation available for this solution.

What needs improvement?

This product could be improved by adding certain drawing tool capabilities. It still uses the  Visio drawing tool which is not that great, and it's time for an upgrade. The drawing tool should be more collaborative to work across teams.

I also think overall stability of MS products could be improved.

I've been using this solution for two years.

I don't see any issues with scalability, it's very good.

The initial setup is quite straightforward.

Microsoft does not come cheap, but I don't have anything to compare it to and it's a good product.

What other advice do I have?

It's preferable to use the version that has the premium features, the advanced features, because they really have the punch in terms of capabilities.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.