We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Technical Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
MSP
Poor scalability, expensive support, and has a lack of orchestration and supplemental tools

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for the automation of simple processes that are repetitive and very low on decision branching and error handling.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to learn.

What needs improvement?

The barrier to entry is low. The downside is the lack of orchestration and supplemental tools such as capturing existing processes and using them to build out.

I worked on a demo side by side with UiPath Automation and Power Automate.

I didn't see any issues with the stability of Microsoft Power Automate.

I would say that scalability is probably a weakness. It's an area that needs improvement. …

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

It's easy to learn.

What needs improvement?

I worked on a demo side by side with UiPath Automation and Power Automate.

I didn't see any issues with the stability of Microsoft Power Automate.

I would say that scalability is probably a weakness.

It's an area that needs improvement.

If you have a good enough support plan, it's fantastic, but most businesses don't.

When I was working at a customer site that was a premier customer, we had onsite Microsoft service providers, and we were able to leverage their worldwide support. At that point, you can have round the clock, follow the sun support on a critical problem.

But in 35 years of working with Microsoft, I've only seen one customer site that had that level of support. If you don't have that level of support then you are basically on your own.

The setup for me was almost non-existent because we already had Office 365.

When it comes to the admin side of that, I don't know.

The price is right. If you have Office 365, it's included.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for entry-level, inexpensive, and you're already an O365 customer, then this might be a consideration. But if you're looking for an enterprise tool, you should probably keep looking.

I would rate Microsoft Power Automate a three out of ten.

Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good support, easy setup, scalable, and useful for automating our business processes
  • "Currently, we are mostly using the desktop part of it for data. We are basically extracting the data and then putting it in."
  • "When comparing with Automation Anywhere, there are a couple of things that this product doesn't have. One of the major things is the key management system. It would be great if they improve this. Its documentation can also be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for automating our business processes. We are using it for sending reminders and these sorts of things. Every Excel update also happens through Power Automate.

It is still under the review stage. We are not using it in production. Currently, we are waiting until the product is completely stabilized. We are expecting it to happen by September 2021. We are using its latest version. It can be deployed on the cloud and on-premises.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

When comparing with Automation Anywhere, there are a couple of things that this product doesn't have. One of the major things is the key management system. It would be great if they improve this. Its documentation can also be improved.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is not yet stable. It is a new solution, and it is not completely stable. Microsoft is still doing some work on it.

It is scalable. We have 30 to 40 users of this solution.

Their technical support is good.

We are using Automation Anywhere. Power Automate is integrated with Office 365, so we wanted to see if this can be utilized or not.

It was straightforward. It didn't take more than 20 minutes.

I did it myself.

Currently, we are using the free license for testing. After everything is done, we'll buy the license.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. I would rate Microsoft Power Automate an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Power Automate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,143 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RahimKhowaja
Chief Information Technology Officer at BMC Solutions
A multi-purpose solution which is scalable, stable and comes with good tech support
  • "The best feature of the tool is that it is generic, so it allows one to do as he wishes."
  • "The solution could have more integration with different platforms."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as a business process automation tool. It allows one to automate an application in his organization.

What is most valuable?

The solution is not only meant for SharePoint, but for everything.  It has millions of connectors. The best feature of the tool is that it is generic, so it allows one to do as he wishes. He can obtain data from Twitter and put it on his SQL Server. He can obtain data from WordPress and connect it with IBM.

What needs improvement?

The solution could have more integration with different platforms.

The licensing price is too high.

Microsoft Power Automate has only been released recently, so I have been using it for the past three or four years.

The solution is certainly stable.

The solution is definitely scalable.

Technical support is very nice. It's fast.

As the solution is cloud-based, it does not require installation.

The solution does not require deployment, but a team is needed for development and this will vary with the scope of the project. Every site would require around eight to ten people.

The licensing price should be more cost-effective.

As we are talking about a Microsoft product, the licensing can be purchased on a monthly or yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is both cloud-based and on-premises.

We are consultants of Power Automate. We do not use the solution ourselves.

So far, we have handled 14 or 15 projects and are working on one at present.

I would recommend the solution to others.

I rate Microsoft Power Automate as an eight out of ten.

Pedro Coelho
Associate Partner at Inodev
An intuitive and easy-to-use solution

What is our primary use case?

I'm using it for internal purposes at the moment. We are a consulting company and we are exploring goals with the option of implementing automation for our clients. Currently, I am assessing Microsoft Power Automate, comparing it with UiPath to see if it's good enough for our clients and for our purpose. We plan to use this solution for getting information from one application to another, for producing sheets and text files for Power BI, and also for integration and displaying dashboards and business intelligence for the business. It will also be used for invoicing and notifications — mainly business processes in general.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Microsoft Power Automate is very easy to use. It's very complete with a lot of activities available. It's intuitive and it seems very stable.

I was using this solution when it was called Microsoft Flow. Currently, I've been evaluating it for the last two weeks.

This solution is very stable.

I can't comment on the scalability yet as I haven't tried to scale it yet. Still, I know it will be scalable because it's in the DNA of the project.

I haven't had to contact technical support as of yet.

The initial setup was very straightforward. It only took five to ten minutes to get it up and running.

I installed this solution by myself.

Microsoft Power Automate is expensive. The full license is quite expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others. At this point in time, I would give it a rating of eight out of ten.

Associate Director at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
A simple solution with an interface that allows one to scale up with ease
  • "I like the scalability option and the simplicity, the way we can really use the interface to easily scale up."
  • "There should be more transparency when it comes to which features accompany the pricing, as there appear to be hidden features of which I am not aware."

What is our primary use case?

We have the latest version installed.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

There should be more transparency when it comes to which features accompany the pricing, as there appear to be hidden features of which I am not aware.

There are factors we must consider when scaling up, such as whether we are using full or partial features. Were I to buy an additional premium, another license, I would lack clarity what I could expect to get in exchange or whether the features would help me to scale up. This is why better transparency is important.

Scalability can be improved and this is why it is key to know how the features can be integrated into the scalable solution.

I've been using Microsoft Power Automate for the past six months or so.

The ability to know how the various features can be integrated into the solution would improve scalability.

I have not had occasion to contact technical support, so I am not in a position to comment on it.

Installation was pretty easy, as we handled it through our office, making use of our office license.

There should be increased transparency about which features attend the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers of Microsoft.

There are more than 100 users making use of the solution in our company.

I would definitely recommend this product to others for its ease-of-use.

I rate Microsoft Power Automate as an eight out of ten.

Consultant at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Stable, easy to use and deploy, but needs a desktop version and better error descriptions and scalability
  • "I like Power Automate because it is very easy to use for users who don't have IT knowledge."
  • "They can improve the description of errors and provide more details. Sometimes, when I receive an error, I can't understand what is wrong. It would be useful to have a desktop version to modify or edit workflows. Its scalability can also be better."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Power Automate to send notifications when working with items in SharePoint. It is used to send notifications when a document is moved or needs to be approved. When a document needs to be approved in SharePoint, we send a notification to the user who needs to approve that document. I also use Power Automate to create a work item in another system, such as Azure DevOps.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

They can improve the description of errors and provide more details. Sometimes, when I receive an error, I can't understand what is wrong.

It would be useful to have a desktop version to modify or edit workflows. Its scalability can also be better.

I have been using this solution for five months.

It is stable.

It is scalable, but its scalability can be better. We have 10 to 20 users of this solution.

We have a contract with Microsoft for premium support. We have support all the time, and they are good.

Its initial setup is easy. The deployment duration depends on the complexity of the deployment. It can take a week or a month.

What other advice do I have?

To know about the best practices for this solution and how to make it more secure, I would advise others to read the information on the web.

I would rate Microsoft Power Automate a seven out of ten.

CI and Automation Manager at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Straightforward setup, good integration, and fine technical support
  • "It is Microsoft. So, you get the integration capability."
  • "The connectors and the integration capability can be improved. Microsoft RPA is a growing platform, and it is not yet particularly mature."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for simple invoice management processing. We are using it for just storing documents with some workflows attached.

What is most valuable?

It is Microsoft. So, you get the integration capability.

What needs improvement?

The connectors and the integration capability can be improved. Microsoft RPA is a growing platform, and it is not yet particularly mature.

We just started to use Microsoft Power Automate. It has been a couple of weeks.

We haven't used it on a major scale at this stage. We're at the start of the journey. We have around 100 users.

Their technical support is okay.

Its initial setup was straightforward. It is a Microsoft product, so it is as simple as it can get as long as you've got the right licenses and permissions.

We use a third-party Microsoft partner. We have two developers for its deployment.

We are just using the free products at the moment. We are using the ones that come with the license that we have got.

We evaluated Automation Anywhere as RPA. We chose Microsoft Power Automate because Microsoft is part of our strategic solution. We've just implemented Dynamics, and that's why we started to investigate this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We are just at the start of our journey, and we are trying to understand its true capabilities. We plan to keep using this solution. We'll look for use cases.

I would rate Microsoft Power Automate an eight out of ten.

Information Technology and Services Individual Contributor at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Simple to set up, integrates well with Microsoft solutions and is quite stable
  • "Technical support is available regionally and it's quite good."
  • "I need to have more integration capabilities from this solution."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our customers, to automate fields, for example.

What is most valuable?

The solution integrates well with Microsoft Office and other Microsoft solutions.

The solution offers pretty good automation capabilities.

The code of the product is very good.

The initial setup was quite simple. We didn't have any trouble with the process.

The solution has been very stable so far.

Technical support is available regionally and it's quite good.

What needs improvement?

I need to have more integration capabilities from this solution. It's limiting us right now. Other solutions on the market are better in this regard. They need to step up and improve this aspect in future releases.

The stability is good. We haven't really had any issues with the performance. I don't recall dealing with bugs or glitches. I don't recall it crashing or freezing.

We've dealt with technical support in the past. We don't have local support, however, we do have access to regional support. It's good. I'd say that we are happy with the level of support on offer.

We have experience in Microsoft Power Automate, however, we work with other solutions around the RPA - such as Micro Focus.

Overall, we found the solution to be very straightforward. It wasn't difficult or complex. In our case, it was easy. A company should have too much trouble handling the implementation process.

What other advice do I have?

We are partners with Microsoft.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're quite happy with the product right now.

Download our free Microsoft Power Automate Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.