Commercial Sales Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Flexible, fast, and responsive
  • "The solution is very stable."
  • "We need more functionality with Google Sheets"

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for file sharing, document creation, spreadsheet creation, presentations, and email.

What is most valuable?

The speed and response time are the most valuable aspects of the solution. It's always quick and available. I haven't had any outage problems or anything like that. I don't think there's ever been a time when it's been unreliable.

The solution is very stable.

It can scale well.

It's very flexible.

What needs improvement?

We need more functionality with Google Sheets. Sometimes I find that, since I've used Excel in the past, there's not as much feature parody between Microsoft's Excel and Google Sheets. Excel seems to have more features than Google Sheets. That's probably true with Google Workspace overall. It just doesn't have as many features and isn't as feature-rich as Microsoft Office.

The learning curve is a bit higher on the solution than, for example, Microsoft Office.

I've used the solution for a year and a half at this point.

Google Workspace
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Google Workspace. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's a stable, reliable product. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance is good. We've never had any lag or downtime. It's a very responsive solution.

We have found the product to be easily scalable.

I've never had to deal with technical support. I'm not sure how helpful or responsive they are in general.

I've used Microsoft options in the past.

Google Workspace is probably more scalable. The learning curve is probably deeper for Workspace, however, once you understand how to use workspace or G Suite, it's quicker and more responsive than Microsoft Office - and more flexible.

I don't deal with the deployment or maintenance aspect of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise potential new users to just make sure that the functionality feature set will meet the needs of the organization and then make sure that the organization trains or at least enables the workforce with the resources they need to make the most out of the solutions.

I'd rate the product eight out of ten overall. I've mostly been pleased with its capabilities.

Abhishek Gowsika - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Operations Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User-friendly with a good user interface and an easy setup
  • "The initial setup is very easy."
  • "I'm not sure if Google Drive has a customizing feature, however, if it did, then it would be better."

What is our primary use case?

I use it for mail purposes. I use Gmail and I use it for mailing people. I also use Google Slides for presentations and Google Sheets for data. It also has Google Docs, which I use for documents.

What is most valuable?

Its user interface is great. It's user-friendly. You don't have to look for support when using it.

Even the presentations and the docs, when you need formatting, it's all available there. Its reliability is very good and it syncs with the cloud.

We can mutually work on a document. It's great for real-time editing.

The initial setup is very easy.

What needs improvement?

I haven't come across any area that's really lacking.

I'm not sure if Google Drive has a customizing feature, however, if it did, then it would be better. We'd like the flexibility of customizing the way you want it to look.

The solution is very stable and reliable. There are no bugs or glitches, and it doesn't crash or freeze. Its performance is good.

It is a very scalable product. If you need to expand, it's not hard.

We might have about 90,000 people using the solution.

I've never had to contact technical support.

The setup was very simple and straightforward. The deployment was on the cloud, so I did not have to do much. All I needed to do was activate the account to be set up and everything was on the cloud already. You just need a password and username to get started.

I don't deal with licensing. I can't speak to the exact cost.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and end-user.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using.

I'd recommend the solution as it is very easy to use. I'd rate it a nine out of ten based on its user-friendliness and easy setup.

Google Workspace
November 2022
653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Swapnil Said - PeerSpot reviewer
Embedded Design Enginee at ATOMBERG
Feature-rich with many components that we use for every day tasks
  • "We use Google Sheets extensively for things like sharing plans, data, test reports, and more."
  • "Google Meet is a very good product, but it's not up to the mark if you compare it against other products like Zoom or Microsoft Teams."

What is our primary use case?

We use several components of G Suite for our daily tasks including sending and receiving emails, Google Drive for storing data, and Google Calendar for meetings.

What is most valuable?

We use Google Meet for all of our meetings.

Google Sheets is the best feature and use it tremendously. We use Google Sheets extensively for things like sharing plans, data, test reports, and more.

What needs improvement?

Google Meet is a very good product, but it's not up to the mark if you compare it against other products like Zoom or Microsoft Teams. These other products are running at a better quality.

When we convert files from Excel into Google Sheets, many of the formulas disappear or are unworkable. For example, there are some conditional formulas that we can use in Excel, but do not work in Google Sheets.

We have been using G Suite Enterprise for more than three years.

This solution is very much stable.  From our side, there is nothing wrong with it.

I don't think that there is an issue with scalability. When I joined the company, they were already using G Suite, and we were a team of only five people. Now, the team has grown to more than 100 people and we easily scaled.

We have never had to contact Google because we have a third party who supports us for this product, and they are very good. When we have an issue, such as a server is down and you can't access your email, the issue is resolved within minutes.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product, it is really scalable, and I definitely recommend it. This is a really good investment and there are many features that we have not yet exploited.

Google
Nhan Tran - PeerSpot reviewer
Data & AI expert at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use and reasonable priced but requires the addition of offline capabilities
  • "The solution is very stable."
  • "Sometimes, I would like to be able to use the solution offline, and I can't do so. It would be ideal if there was some sort of offline mode available."

What is most valuable?

It's great that we can support all types of docs and we don't have to install any application and need to store anything on a laptop or local machine. It helps us save physical space on devices.

The solution is very stable.

It's a very easy-to-use solution and is very intuitive.

Technical support has been great.

What needs improvement?

I have found that certain applications, such as G Suite Sheets, are hard to use. They aren't very intuitive. The layout isn't great.

I've been using the solution for just under a year or so. It hasn't been too long.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

I'm not sure how scalable the solution is. I haven't tested its ability to scale personally.

We have about 2,000 people in our organization using the product.

Support has been great. We even have local support, and it makes it easy to communicate. We have been satisfied with their level of service.

Before Google, we used Microsoft and its suite of applications, including Microsoft email.

There is no need to install anything; it is all on the cloud.

The solution is pretty inexpensive. Our company pays for licensing that is per user.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution right now.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

I'd recommend it to companies looking for an easy-to-use solution that is relatively cheap.

Dhiraj Verma - PeerSpot reviewer
Global Information Technology Manager at Kaleyra
Stable, scalable, and easy setup
  • "G Suite Enterprise is scalable."
  • "The solution could improve the Google Cloud identity login to laptops that sometimes do not work. The collaboration for Google sites, they are not equivalent to others, such as Sharepoint."

What is our primary use case?

I am using G Suite Enterprise for a messaging platform and identity service.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve the Google Cloud identity login to laptops that sometimes do not work. The collaboration for Google sites, they are not equivalent to others, such as Sharepoint.

In an upcoming release, self-services, identity governance, and overall features could improve. Additionally, there should be a feature to allow users to connect to Password Anywhere to manage their passwords, such as password resetting. All these features are already provided by Microsoft Office 365 and they are leading in these areas.

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for approximately five years.

This solution is stable.

G Suite Enterprise is scalable.

The support could improve for Google platforms. For example, there could be better videos or tutorials. The technical support is not as good as what is provided by Microsoft. For example, when the Google cloud identity service does not log a user in, the technical documents and the support pass the blame onto the laptop manufacturer. They are avoiding responsibility for the integration.

The setup is usually easy.

The main challenge regarding startups with identity services is you could be on a platform that works well but the services are expensive. For example, Microsoft Azure costs approximately $30 per user which is expensive. You end up choosing a different platform, such as G Suite Enterprise because it is priced reasonably and is less expensive than other solutions.

When evaluating Google, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Azure identity services, I have found Azure is the best.

What other advice do I have?

I rate G Suite Enterprise an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
AbdullahAl Masum - PeerSpot reviewer
Professional Prospect List Building Service Provider, Email Sourcer, Virtual Assistant at Freelance
An enterprise workspace solution with adequate storage and easy email account creation
  • "I think it is a great subscription for me. I think it is important, especially when making an internal email subscription. For example, I can easily create my colleague's email address, and we can use it. I benefited from G Suite. I am using the G Suite Drive, which provides 30GB of storage, and it is helping for me. I think it's better for me."
  • "I talked with G Suite recently because my G Suite has a temporary block. I communicated with the G Suite representative or Google representative, and he told me that I sent a lot of emails, so my email was temporarily blocked. But I know I have not sent more than 500 emails daily to reach the limit. I sent only 5,200 emails, but unfortunately, my G Suite account was temporarily blocked for 24 hours, and then he resolved it. I think they need to improve G Suite because this temporary block is not fair."

What is our primary use case?

I use G Suite Enterprise for email.

What is most valuable?

I think it is a great subscription for me. I think it is important, especially when making an internal email subscription. For example, I can easily create my colleague's email address, and we can use it. I benefited from G Suite. I am using the G Suite Drive, which provides 30GB of storage, and it is helping for me. I think it's better for me.

What needs improvement?

I talked with G Suite recently because my G Suite has a temporary block. I communicated with the G Suite representative or Google representative, and he told me that I sent a lot of emails, so my email was temporarily blocked. But I know I have not sent more than 500 emails daily to reach the limit. I sent only 5,200 emails, but unfortunately, my G Suite account was temporarily blocked for 24 hours, and then he resolved it. I think they need to improve G Suite because this temporary block is not fair.

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for just one month.

G Suite Enterprise is stable.

I am definitely satisfied with its technical support.

Initially, I used Microsoft Outlook for almost six months. I used those subscriptions, but I cannot buy the Microsoft mailbox service. I tried to communicate with a Microsoft representative, and she tried many times over two hours, but she cannot install or buy my subscription. After that, she provided me with our local representative number. Unfortunately, I cannot reach those people. That's when I escaped Microsoft Outlook and moved to Google G Suite. I think G Suite features are better for me.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give G Suite Enterprise an eight.

Partner at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Allows you to co-work with colleagues simultaneously
  • "personally prefer to use G Suite applications, such as Gmail, Slides, and Sheets, because they give you the freedom to share the document you're editing and co-work with other colleagues simultaneously."
  • "We've had difficulty using PowerPoint files in G Suite. PowerPoint has some functions that are not available in G Suite, so when you convert from PPTX to the Slides format, they don't work."

What is our primary use case?

I work for a consultancy and conduct research for my customers. We are using G Suite to track activities and write some memos.

What is most valuable?

I personally prefer to use G Suite applications, such as Gmail, Slides, and Sheets, because they give you the freedom to share the document you're editing and co-work with other colleagues simultaneously. However, some of my colleagues favor Microsoft PowerPoint and other user-based applications.

What needs improvement?

We've had difficulty using PowerPoint files in G Suite. PowerPoint has some functions that are not available in G Suite, so when you convert from PPTX to the Slides format, they don't work. Also, you might be missing some fonts or pictures too. To stay competitive, Google needs to make G Suite more compatible with PowerPoint.

We've been using G Suite since our company was founded one year ago.

I have not had any significant problems, so I haven't had a chance to contact support. I would only need support if I had to change the password, but this rarely happens.

Setting up Google is no problem. You create an email. That's it. So it works everywhere. We didn't have to do anything else.

What other advice do I have?

I rate G Suite nine out of 10. If it weren't for G Suite's compatibility problems with PowerPoint, I would rate it a perfect 10. PowerPoint files are often broken when we convert. Nevertheless, I recommend that companies use cloud-based applications as much as possible. PowerPoint doesn't allow you to cooperate with other colleagues simultaneously. That's the deciding factor. On a desktop solution, it's hard to pull together a project with multiple parts where one person is working on each.

Google
Abdulla Pathan - PeerSpot reviewer
Technology Competency and Solution Head at LearningMate
A stable and scalable solution for our emails, documents, and internal meetings
  • "It is quite a useful tool. It allows many people to work on a document. You can actually provide review comments and tag anybody to make the comment changes. You can also attach a document in Google Chat."
  • "We use Zoom most of the time for official meetings, and we use Google Meet only for internal meetings. I would like to get an improvised Google Meet. It would be good if they can make Google Meet more clear in communication and more scalable like Zoom."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the complete G Suite Enterprise. It includes Google Email, Google Drive, Google Meet, Google Docs, and Google Sites. For our internal meetings, we are using Google Meet. For our email services, Google Email is there, and for our documents, we use Google Drive Enterprise. We are using the latest version of G Suite Enterprise.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We use Zoom most of the time for official meetings, and we use Google Meet only for internal meetings. I would like to get an improvised Google Meet. It would be good if they can make Google Meet more clear in communication and more scalable like Zoom.

I have been using this solution for eight years.

It is stable.

Being a cloud solution, it is very scalable. We have around 1,000 or 1,200 users.

There is very little requirement for technical support because the solution is scalable and flexible. We don't really require any offline support from them except when there is a downtime.

We were using our in-house exchange server for emails and document management. As we were growing, we needed a cloud-based solution.

It is a cloud-based solution, so there is no on-premises installation.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend G Suite for everybody. We plan to keep using this solution.

I would rate G Suite Enterprise a ten out of ten.

Download our free Google Workspace Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022