Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Peter Kuranchie - PeerSpot reviewer
Director of TechOps at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
MSP
Ability to expand, highly scalable, and excellent technical support
  • "In financial management, this platform has the infrastructure allowing us to expand the way we want to. For example, it gives you many business rules and budget models that you can use to optimize your workflow. It does not put you in a box. Additionally, integrating this solution with other platforms is extremely easy to do."
  • "The asset management application could be improved. They have a lot of the infrastructure built, but it does not come with already made compatibility with some of the most popular vendors, such as Cisco and Microsoft. You have to fix it yourself."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution primarily for IT Financial Management and IT Business Management.

What is most valuable?

In financial management, this platform has the infrastructure allowing us to expand the way we want to. For example, it gives you many business rules and budget models that you can use to optimize your workflow. It does not put you in a box. Additionally, integrating this solution with other platforms is extremely easy to do.

What needs improvement?

The asset management application could be improved. They have a lot of the infrastructure built, but it does not come with already made compatibility with some of the most popular vendors, such as Cisco and Microsoft. You have to fix it yourself.

If this solution wants to be a big player in the asset management field, they have to have tools to compete with competitors, such as Tanium, that have integration with Cisco and other vendors.

I have been using this solution for approximately 20 years.

ServiceNow
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about ServiceNow. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have not had any issue with the stability.

The scalability is excellent. We have approximately 600 people using this solution in our organization.

The technical support was excellent.

Previously I have used CapStone and Remedy.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The price of this solution is expensive.

I have evaluated Tanium.

What other advice do I have?

For those wanting to implement this solution, I would advise using an expert.

When using this solution you have to expect you will need to continuously optimize it to get the most out of it.

I rate ServiceNow an eight out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner/MSP
Dirk Kruger - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Principal at Devoteam Management Consulting
A reliable solution with exceptional customer service
  • "I think the technical support is pretty good. They can be a little bit slow sometimes, but overall I think they're good."
  • "ServiceNow doesn't cater to the Middle Eastern market."

What is our primary use case?

I don't actually use this solution directly. We're a partner so we typically find a customer and do the necessary RSC, etc. I am responsible for managing a team of 19 professionals that use this solution and others. I've used ServiceNow in the past, but I am not currently using it.

What needs improvement?

For starters, the mobile capability is very European-focused and my primary work location is actually the Middle East. ServiceNow doesn't cater to the Middle Eastern market. For this reason, we actually had to develop our own solutions in order to accommodate our customers that need an interface in Arabic. ServiceNow doesn't support that. It doesn't have a language patch for that at all.

In addition, having a ServiceNow portal that has to be accessed via a browser on a mobile device is not always ideal for customers. Having a mobile application that specifically caters to those aspects, that provides users with access through the ServiceNow portal, is very important.

I have been using ServiceNow for 13 years.

I think the technical support is pretty good. They can be a little bit slow sometimes, but overall I think they're good.

From a licensing perspective, various partners negotiate the price with ServiceNow directly. Certainly, from a product-platform perspective, the price is not too bad. I suppose it could be a little bit cheaper. We do get customers that complain that the product is expensive compared to others in the market.

What other advice do I have?

If you're interested in using this solution, contact us, we'll do it for you. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give ServiceNow a rating of nine.

ServiceNow
September 2022
635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Farah Ben Ahmed - PeerSpot reviewer
DLO Veritas Backup solution Project Manager at Tunisie Telecom
Is user friendly and allows for customization of the service portal
  • "I like that in ServiceNow creating workflows is simpler than that in HP Service Manager. Also, I really like the customization feature. It allows us to customize the service portal and permits us to do a lot of customization per business needs."
  • "There is a need to learn scripting because as in the case of all the ITSM tools, scripting is needed for customization. If you're not very comfortable with scripting, then you may feel that you cannot do everything in ServiceNow without learning scripting."

What is most valuable?

I like that in ServiceNow creating workflows is simpler than that in HP Service Manager. Also, I really like the customization feature. It allows us to customize the service portal and permits us to do a lot of customization per business needs.

It covers all the modules regarding ITSM, IT asset management, and customer service as well. That is, all modules are covered in the same platform.

It is very user friendly, and I've enjoyed using the dashboard and user interface.

Technical support is great, and a lot of documentation is available on Google.

What needs improvement?

There is a need to learn scripting because as in the case of all the ITSM tools, scripting is needed for customization. If you're not very comfortable with scripting, then you may feel that you cannot do everything in ServiceNow without learning scripting.

The licensing costs are high for companies in Tunisia.

I've been using the open source version for almost two years.

I have found it to be a stable, reliable solution.

I have discovered a lot of support and a lot of documentation on Google. So the information is always available.

Sometimes, I have opened a ticket to ask participants in the community, and I have always got an answer from support.

The initial setup is not complex.

In Tunisia, the companies find the licensing costs to be expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it's a very well performing solution. As a result, I would rate ServiceNow at ten on a scale from one to ten.

Latha Nalli - PeerSpot reviewer
Project Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
A scalable, reliable, well priced solution with great integration capabilities with other tools
  • "We consider the integration capabilities of the solution with other tools to be a valuable feature."
  • "It is annoying that ServiceNow keeps on changing back to Quebec every six months."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Quebec, which is the latest version of ServiceNow.

We use ServiceNow as an IT asset and business management solution.

What is most valuable?

We consider the integration capabilities of the solution with other tools to be a valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The solution should have more of the latest version benefits, of which I have found only a limited number. It is annoying that ServiceNow keeps on changing back to Quebec every six months. Content should be added as soon as it changes. Flushing is upgrading.

I also wish to see new features added occasionally.

The performance analytics and services operation module should be addressed. It should be a free plugin for the recording dashboard. We are often in need of a report, such as how many users are using the service or the per hour platform. But, this requires us to install a new page plugin for a static change. I would find this improvement helpful within the next three days.

It is a reliable solution.

The solution is scalable.

Technical support is responsive. Once a person creates a ticket they get back to him quite quickly.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The license is on the basis of an annual subscription.

We are happy with the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is cloud-based. We make use of an SaaS version.

Of the many hundreds in our organization who are using the solution, 115 are using ServiceNow practice.

I rate ServiceNow as an eight out of ten.

ServiceNow ITSM/ITOM/SAM/CMDB Technical and Implementation Consultant at Doublelight Technology Limited
Scalable, configurable, and stable
  • "Everything about the schema, including the design of ServiceNow, is great."
  • "It's moving at a very fast pace. It is difficult for developers or engineers to keep up with it. That's the only issue."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for IT Operational Management.

What is most valuable?

Everything about the schema, including the design of ServiceNow, is great.

It's scalable. That's what attracts me most.

You can configure it to fit your client's requirements. You can extend your functionalities, and then the workflow.

The stability is very good.

What needs improvement?

For the customer it's expensive.

I've been using the solution for seven years or so. It's been a while.

The stability is great. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution is scalable. It's easy to expand if you need to. You can use it no matter the size of your organization - from small to large.

We haven't had any issues with technical support. We are satisfied with the level of service on offer.

The initial setup is excellent. There are no issues dealing with the implementation.

It's very expensive, and if care is not taken, competitions can quickly come and take over the space by offering better pricing.

What other advice do I have?

We use both cloud and on-premises deployments.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. They're doing what you need to do. They provide a roadmap, which is good.

Principal Consultant at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
High scalability, very good stability, and good flow designer for fast application development
  • "The flow designer for application development is the most valuable. The newest version of flow designer allows us to develop applications quite fast. We can have custom and mobile applications. It has an interface for mobiles, and it also has a good reputation."
  • "It should have more artificial intelligence for business and work capabilities. The community is not so active. There must be initiatives to make the community talk more and share more information."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for ITSM and custom applications for the physical workforce.

What is most valuable?

The flow designer for application development is the most valuable. The newest version of flow designer allows us to develop applications quite fast. We can have custom and mobile applications. It has an interface for mobiles, and it also has a good reputation.

What needs improvement?

It should have more artificial intelligence for business and work capabilities.

I have been using this solution for seven years.

It is very stable.

The scalability is very high in the area of the application. You can have even 10,000 users, and there is no problem with scalability.

Their technical support is not so good.

It has a medium difficulty level. It is not straightforward, and you need experience. If you are a beginner, it can be a very big problem. If you are experienced, it should not be a problem.

It takes a couple of weeks to get it fully going on the platform.

It is very expensive because it is a big organization. You have to pay for additional things.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ServiceNow an eight out of ten. It is overall a very good solution as compared to other solutions in the market.

Bruno Pires - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Developer at Axianseu Digital Solutions S.A.
Reseller
Very easy deployment with excellent technical support
  • "Very easy to implement and to respond to my clients' needs."
  • "The high price is a huge barrier in Portugal."

What is our primary use case?

I implement ServiceNow for our customers. I'm a reseller and we are partners of ServiceNow. I'm the company business developer.

What is most valuable?

From my point of view, it's the best solution in the market. It's so easy to implement, the ratio of days to implement is the lowest in the market; I can respond to all the needs of my clients. Based on my experience with BMC and EasyVista, ServiceNow is the best solution.

What needs improvement?

The price is a huge barrier in the Portugese market when it comes to implementing ServiceNow.

I've been using this solution for 10 years.

Technical support is the best because they respond quickly. They have good SLAs to respond to our tickets with the correct priorities, it's very well defined. Compared with other suppliers, it's fantastic.

The initial setup is very easy. Based on my experience with BMC and EasyVista, ServiceNow is the easiest solution to implement.

Licensing costs are the highest in the market. It's difficult to sell in Portugal, but for the rest of Europe, it's easy to sell because we can easily justify the value that the customer will gain from the product.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to understand all the components of the solution. After that, with the base knowledge, it's easy to implement. It also helps to have some knowledge about processes based on the ITIL and ISO 20000. It's most important to become familiar with that to implement the solution.

I rate the solution nine out of 10.

Principal Analyst at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
Useful for incident management, stable, and has remote access
  • "Remote access is most valuable."
  • "There should be greater integration with other enterprise applications. We're using Microsoft, Oracle, and other applications, and it would be good to have a greater integration on some of the immediate hiccups that you have with these services. It doesn't mean that when we have a problem with using another application, ServiceNow should be able to fix it, but ServiceNow should be able to alert us to things. There should be a bit more automation or integration."

What is our primary use case?

I use it for incident management. For the part of the business I'm in, it is used for end-user incident management. There are other parts of the business where it is also used for customer data collection or customer engagement data collection.

What is most valuable?

Remote access is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It needs a more intuitive interface for identifying issues. A bit more natural language processing or something like that would be helpful in understanding my queries.

There should be greater integration with other enterprise applications. We're using Microsoft, Oracle, and other applications, and it would be good to have a greater integration on some of the immediate hiccups that you have with these services. It doesn't mean that when we have a problem with using another application, ServiceNow should be able to fix it, but ServiceNow should be able to alert us to things. There should be a bit more automation or integration.

I have been using this solution for at least five years.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

We had minimal tech support.

I am using it in a managed IT environment. As far as I know, it was satisfactory, but our department manager would know more.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because I make good use of it. I would rate it an eight out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free ServiceNow Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022