IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Director, IT Networking at a think tank with 1-10 employees
he interface is not user-friendly and it costs a lot of money to manage, but it's reliable
  • "I like that it's always up and running."
  • "The interface is not user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

I have used this solution to create forms for employees to fill out.  The main use is for incident management. They are configuring the asset management in CMDB, and they are installing at this time.

How has it helped my organization?

It has the ability to consolidate different areas of the service desk into one solution.

What is most valuable?

I like that it's always up and running.

What needs improvement?

I am not a fan of ServiceNow. The menus and the interface need improvement. It feels like a shopping cart and like I am shopping on the internet. The graphics of the menu could be better. The interface is not user-friendly. To me, ServiceNow is a money pit. It takes a lot of money to manage it.
ServiceNow
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about ServiceNow. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

With this company, I have been using ServiceNow for one year, and another two years before that in other companies. I am using the latest version.

ServiceNow is a stable product.

It's a scalable solution. We have not had any issues with the scalability of this solution. We have 5,000 users in our organization who use it. This solution is used quite a bit and the company plans to increase its usage.

I have not contacted technical support.

This solution was already in place, but in a different organization, I used a solution called SysAid. I thought it was much easier to manage.

This was already in place when I arrived, but they are installing the CMDB and we need the help of a partner. It seems to be very complex. We have one person who is dedicated to the maintenance of this solution. He is a Service Desk Supervisor.

My experience with the integrator has been positive.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is to be prepared to spend money. While this product works, I feel that the UI is terrible, it's horrendous. I would rate ServiceNow a four out of ten.

Private Cloud
IT Leader at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Gives visibility from the change management perspective, but more intelligence can be added into the capabilities
  • "Primarily, we use it for incident management and change across the landscape. It is the virtual repository for our incident management processes. It gives us visibility about what's happening from the change management perspective across our CABs, including our enterprise CABs."
  • "We find it good in general. Obviously, there are areas of improvement for every capability. As they evolve more, if they keep on adding more intelligence into the capabilities, it will improve. The improvement areas are more integration across the landscape and more intelligence for the overall capability of the solution."

What is our primary use case?

Our use case is around the core idle processes in general. We use it as a service management capability for managing intercom and so forth.

What is most valuable?

Primarily, we use it for incident management and change across the landscape. It is the virtual repository for our incident management processes. It gives us visibility about what's happening from the change management perspective across our CABs, including our enterprise CABs.

What needs improvement?

We find it good in general. Obviously, there are areas of improvement for every capability. As they evolve more, if they keep on adding more intelligence into the capabilities, it will improve. The improvement areas are more integration across the landscape and more intelligence for the overall capability of the solution.

We've been a ServiceNow customer for around five years.

It is stable. It has been one of the more stable capabilities that we have for operations.

It is an enterprise solution. Scaling has not been an issue for us.

We have got technical account managers for our account. They are available and responsive. When we go through customary support channels, they are responsive as well. There are no issues.

We did use a different solution, and there were a couple of reasons why we went through the transformation. One of them was to have enhanced capability and being able to do more with singular capability versus multiple capabilities. This was the primary reason for the switch.

For the most part, it was straightforward. We were doing a bit of a transition, transformation, and concept. We were transitioning from one capability to another, and we had all those at the right touchpoints from an integration perspective. Overall, it was relatively stable and smooth.

What other advice do I have?

The major thing is to stay close to out of the box and limit those customizations. This would be the bit that I would share with others.

I would rate ServiceNow a seven out of ten.

ServiceNow
June 2022
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Delivery Lead, Enterprise at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
Comprehensive features, good organization integration, and competitive pricing
  • "We have found the service easy to use, although, we have ended up customising a lot of parameters."
  • "The customization that we are doing for the needs of our organization are difficult to do and could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for workflow automation and business processing.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been effectively used in our organization. We have large chats with 150,000 people and everyone has found it to be useful. Our internal IT team is supporting the tool and trying to get everyone on-board.

What is most valuable?

We have found the service easy to use, although, we have ended up customising a lot of parameters. It is a functional comprehensive featured solution compared to everything else on the market.

What needs improvement?

The customization that we are doing for the needs of our organization are difficult to do and could be improved. In the a future release, if they have not done so already, they should include cognitive capabilities features which we are currently lacking.

I have been using the solution for three years.

We have had no major issues with stability.

We have been in contact with customer service and we have no complaints.

The price of the solution is comparable to industry standards. For the features that we received, it is reasonable.

I have been reviewing a solution called BMC helix potentially coming on board soon. The cognitive capabilities that are being released in the market are pretty good.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. However, we did not have an easy time customizing the tool to do what we wanted it to. I would suggest if it meets 80% of your needs I would adopt the tool, but if not, I think building a custom tool itself would be the way to go at that point.

I did not give the solution a nine because that is too good. I do not think they are at that level. They are the industry leaders, for the automation of workflows. But there is definitely more that could be done.

I did not rate the solution a ten because nothing is perfect.

I rate ServiceNow an eight out of ten.

Rupesh Jethwa - PeerSpot reviewer
Solutions Architect at Globant
An excellent platform enabling wide exploration of other technologies and functionalities
  • "Data in reports and dashboards are easily accessible."
  • "Licensing costs are very high."

What is our primary use case?

We are premium partners with ServiceNow and I'm a solutions architect.

How has it helped my organization?

ServiceNow is one of the fastest‑growing cloud enterprise software companies in the world. We implemented ITSM, ITOM and ITBM for various customs and even in our organization which reduced operations costs infrastructure cost

What is most valuable?

This solution has a user friendly environment. ServiceNow offers a wide platform which allows us to explore other technologies and functionalities and provides a 360-degree view. Data in reports and dashboards are easily accessible. I also like the integration hub which is plug and play. You can integrate any tool with ServiceNow.

What needs improvement?

Need to focus on small business like Licensing, packaging

I've been using this solution for 10 years.

We don't have any complaints from our customers after they start using the product. Once they adapt to the new look and feel, and the user experience, there's no problem.

We generally don't need much support. When it's necessary, I can contact the higher support team that deal with implementation and it's easy to connect with them and get a quick response. They are good.

We used Remedy and we switched because Remedy is still using old technology

The initial setup is straightforward in ServiceNow. It's not complex, you can say it's out-of-the-box.

100%

What other advice do I have?

If a company is looking for more accessibility, a user friendly environment where they want to explore other functionalities like HR and CSM, then ServiceNow provides that. I recommend this solution because they're always coming out with new technologies and functionalities. And the support level is very good even though things are automatically updated on a regular basis.

I rate this solution a ten out of 10.

Lars Schmidt - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Consultant at Sydbank
Intuitive and easy to understand with helpful technical support
  • "It's actually easy to understand."
  • "Their GUI could be updated."

What is most valuable?

Overall, I've been satisfied with the product.

I've found the solution to be scalable.

The stability has been good overall. The performance is reliable.

It's mostly an intuitive product. It's actually easy to understand.

Technical support is decent. They are helpful when we have issues.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be lowered. It's pretty high.

We have had a few issues with the Agent Client Collector setup, however, that's probably at our end for some network blocking reason, or something like that.

Their GUI could be updated. It's a little bit old-looking right now.

I've been using the solution for three or so years now.

The solution is stable and the performance is good. there aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash. It's reliable.

The product is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so. It's not a problem.

Technical support has been fine. We are happy with their level of service in general.

The price is high. However, I don't pay for it. I'm just an employee. I can't speak to the exact costs. That said, I know it's an expensive product.

While we are working with ServiceNow, we are looking into Device42 to see if that could be used for scanning our infrastructure right now.

What other advice do I have?

While I have used ServiceNow for some time, I'm not an expert. I was sort of admin in a previous company where I worked, however, now I'm only, more or less, a user of ServiceNow. I'm a consultant.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten, based on my overall experience.

Peter Kuranchie - PeerSpot reviewer
Director of TechOps at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
MSP
Ability to expand, highly scalable, and excellent technical support
  • "In financial management, this platform has the infrastructure allowing us to expand the way we want to. For example, it gives you many business rules and budget models that you can use to optimize your workflow. It does not put you in a box. Additionally, integrating this solution with other platforms is extremely easy to do."
  • "The asset management application could be improved. They have a lot of the infrastructure built, but it does not come with already made compatibility with some of the most popular vendors, such as Cisco and Microsoft. You have to fix it yourself."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution primarily for IT Financial Management and IT Business Management.

What is most valuable?

In financial management, this platform has the infrastructure allowing us to expand the way we want to. For example, it gives you many business rules and budget models that you can use to optimize your workflow. It does not put you in a box. Additionally, integrating this solution with other platforms is extremely easy to do.

What needs improvement?

The asset management application could be improved. They have a lot of the infrastructure built, but it does not come with already made compatibility with some of the most popular vendors, such as Cisco and Microsoft. You have to fix it yourself.

If this solution wants to be a big player in the asset management field, they have to have tools to compete with competitors, such as Tanium, that have integration with Cisco and other vendors.

I have been using this solution for approximately 20 years.

I have not had any issue with the stability.

The scalability is excellent. We have approximately 600 people using this solution in our organization.

The technical support was excellent.

Previously I have used CapStone and Remedy.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The price of this solution is expensive.

I have evaluated Tanium.

What other advice do I have?

For those wanting to implement this solution, I would advise using an expert.

When using this solution you have to expect you will need to continuously optimize it to get the most out of it.

I rate ServiceNow an eight out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner/MSP
Dirk Kruger - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Principal at Devoteam Management Consulting
A reliable solution with exceptional customer service
  • "I think the technical support is pretty good. They can be a little bit slow sometimes, but overall I think they're good."
  • "ServiceNow doesn't cater to the Middle Eastern market."

What is our primary use case?

I don't actually use this solution directly. We're a partner so we typically find a customer and do the necessary RSC, etc. I am responsible for managing a team of 19 professionals that use this solution and others. I've used ServiceNow in the past, but I am not currently using it.

What needs improvement?

For starters, the mobile capability is very European-focused and my primary work location is actually the Middle East. ServiceNow doesn't cater to the Middle Eastern market. For this reason, we actually had to develop our own solutions in order to accommodate our customers that need an interface in Arabic. ServiceNow doesn't support that. It doesn't have a language patch for that at all.

In addition, having a ServiceNow portal that has to be accessed via a browser on a mobile device is not always ideal for customers. Having a mobile application that specifically caters to those aspects, that provides users with access through the ServiceNow portal, is very important.

I have been using ServiceNow for 13 years.

I think the technical support is pretty good. They can be a little bit slow sometimes, but overall I think they're good.

From a licensing perspective, various partners negotiate the price with ServiceNow directly. Certainly, from a product-platform perspective, the price is not too bad. I suppose it could be a little bit cheaper. We do get customers that complain that the product is expensive compared to others in the market.

What other advice do I have?

If you're interested in using this solution, contact us, we'll do it for you. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give ServiceNow a rating of nine.

Farah Ben Ahmed - PeerSpot reviewer
DLO Veritas Backup solution Project Manager at Tunisie Telecom
Is user friendly and allows for customization of the service portal
  • "I like that in ServiceNow creating workflows is simpler than that in HP Service Manager. Also, I really like the customization feature. It allows us to customize the service portal and permits us to do a lot of customization per business needs."
  • "There is a need to learn scripting because as in the case of all the ITSM tools, scripting is needed for customization. If you're not very comfortable with scripting, then you may feel that you cannot do everything in ServiceNow without learning scripting."

What is most valuable?

I like that in ServiceNow creating workflows is simpler than that in HP Service Manager. Also, I really like the customization feature. It allows us to customize the service portal and permits us to do a lot of customization per business needs.

It covers all the modules regarding ITSM, IT asset management, and customer service as well. That is, all modules are covered in the same platform.

It is very user friendly, and I've enjoyed using the dashboard and user interface.

Technical support is great, and a lot of documentation is available on Google.

What needs improvement?

There is a need to learn scripting because as in the case of all the ITSM tools, scripting is needed for customization. If you're not very comfortable with scripting, then you may feel that you cannot do everything in ServiceNow without learning scripting.

The licensing costs are high for companies in Tunisia.

I've been using the open source version for almost two years.

I have found it to be a stable, reliable solution.

I have discovered a lot of support and a lot of documentation on Google. So the information is always available.

Sometimes, I have opened a ticket to ask participants in the community, and I have always got an answer from support.

The initial setup is not complex.

In Tunisia, the companies find the licensing costs to be expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it's a very well performing solution. As a result, I would rate ServiceNow at ten on a scale from one to ten.

Download our free ServiceNow Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: June 2022