Principal Analyst at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
Useful for incident management, stable, and has remote access
  • "Remote access is most valuable."
  • "There should be greater integration with other enterprise applications. We're using Microsoft, Oracle, and other applications, and it would be good to have a greater integration on some of the immediate hiccups that you have with these services. It doesn't mean that when we have a problem with using another application, ServiceNow should be able to fix it, but ServiceNow should be able to alert us to things. There should be a bit more automation or integration."

What is our primary use case?

I use it for incident management. For the part of the business I'm in, it is used for end-user incident management. There are other parts of the business where it is also used for customer data collection or customer engagement data collection.

What is most valuable?

Remote access is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It needs a more intuitive interface for identifying issues. A bit more natural language processing or something like that would be helpful in understanding my queries.

There should be greater integration with other enterprise applications. We're using Microsoft, Oracle, and other applications, and it would be good to have a greater integration on some of the immediate hiccups that you have with these services. It doesn't mean that when we have a problem with using another application, ServiceNow should be able to fix it, but ServiceNow should be able to alert us to things. There should be a bit more automation or integration.

I have been using this solution for at least five years.

ServiceNow
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about ServiceNow. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

We had minimal tech support.

I am using it in a managed IT environment. As far as I know, it was satisfactory, but our department manager would know more.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because I make good use of it. I would rate it an eight out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
Dave Koffij - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Technology Architect, Cloud and Security at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy and customizable
  • "You can have it installed and up and running within hours if you know what you're doing. Time to market would be one of the main things to consider."
  • "It's a great platform, but there's still room for improvement. As the solutions stands now, you do need a lot of previous experience to use it. It would be great if they could develop some use case templates. This would be beneficial for a small and medium-sized businesses."

What is our primary use case?

Right now, the primary use case for this solution within my organization is billing. The proposal is to expand our use of the platform to validate privileged requests.

What is most valuable?

The ServiceNow feature I find the most valuable is its cloud-friendliness. You can use it in-between Clouds and the platform.

It's easy and customizable and that is the goal. You can have it installed and up and running within hours if you know what you're doing. Time to market would be one of the main things to consider.

What needs improvement?

It's a great platform, but there's still room for improvement. As the solutions stands now, you do need a lot of previous experience to use it. It would be great if they could develop some use case templates. This would be beneficial for a small and medium-sized businesses as they rely on their development teams.

It's a multipurpose tool. If it could be further developed and specialized within the brand, different organizations could more easily implement it.

If you implemented ServiceNow properly, scaling up is no big deal.

I have not had to contact technical support while using this platform.

What other advice do I have?

ServiceNow is a great tool if you know what you're doing. To use it, you have to have some operability and development skills. If you don't have that, ServiceNow won't be easy to use for you.

You can do many things with it. For example, you can create IT workflows. It can also be integrated with other products.

ServiceNow
November 2022
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Founder and business lead at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Feature-rich and scalable, but the interface and developing tool are lacking

What is our primary use case?

ServiceNow can be used for many different use cases such as:

• IT service management
  • Managing Assets
  • Development and operations
  • Job processes
  • Project portfolio management
  • Managing of infrastructures

There are many more modules and HR that I have not yet explored that are available.

What is most valuable?

What I like the most is that it's a common service data model and the fact that everything is available on one platform.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be much improved, and the developer tools and sets can be improved greatly, they are lacking.

I have been using ServiceNow for more than five years.

I am using the latest version.

I can't give you the exact number of users we have but it's thousands.

We plan to increase usage in the future.

For the most part, our experience with technical support has been okay.

Previously, we were using BMC Remedy.

The initial setup is very easy to get started, but it gets very complex as you move along.

There is no installation involved, as it's in the cloud.

There are licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate ServiceNow a seven out of ten.

Sr. Systems Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Reliable, easy to deploy, and good for tracking incidents
  • "I like the incident module, which is useful for tracking your incidents and other things. It is a reliable solution."
  • "We are struggling with the scheduling part, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is a ServiceNow issue. It could be the way we have configured it. We don't have it configured in a way where you can schedule a support call with our end users. We are looking for more automation in the box and the chat feature."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use it for requests and tracking incidents. We are onboarding our HR team, and they are going to start using the HR module in it as well. We also use it for asset management and configuration management.

We are using the Paris release.

What is most valuable?

I like the incident module, which is useful for tracking your incidents and other things. It is a reliable solution.

What needs improvement?

We are struggling with the scheduling part, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is a ServiceNow issue. It could be the way we have configured it. We don't have it configured in a way where you can schedule a support call with our end users.

We are looking for more automation in the box and the chat feature.

We've been on ServiceNow for two years.

It is stable. There are no issues at all.

We have around 60,000 or 70,000 users or maybe more.

I haven't contacted them.

We used an IBM tool. We switched because we were told that we were switching.

I didn't set it up, but it is pretty simple.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great tool. Most companies in my industry use ServiceNow.

I would rate ServiceNow an eight out of ten.

Consultant at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Scalable, stable, easy to set up, and has more extensive features than other solutions
  • "It has more extensive features as compared to the other competitors."
  • "Currently, we are finding it a bit difficult to monitor the subscriptions that are being used. The reporting feature related to this can be improved. Its ITOM functionality can be improved. BMC does a better job than ServiceNow in terms of capturing utilization and other such things."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for incident management.

What is most valuable?

It has more extensive features as compared to the other competitors.

What needs improvement?

Its ITOM functionality can be improved. BMC does a better job than ServiceNow in terms of capturing utilization and other such things.

It is quite stable from the implementation perspective.

It is quite scalable. Scalability is one of its advantages.

Their technical support is not bad. I would rate it a four out of five. It can be improved in terms of being able to understand and help with management.

We have been using both ServiceNow and BMC Helix ITSM for our client. ServiceNow is more scalable, competent, and intuitive than BMC Helix ITSM. It is a little bit more expensive than BMC Helix ITSM.

The initial setup is more or less straightforward. The deployment took around 30 to 40 days.

ServiceNow tends to be a little bit more expensive as compared to BMC Helix ITSM.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to make sure what is required.

I would rate ServiceNow an eight out of ten.

Head of ITSM and Service Availability at Aon Corporation
Robust, user-friendly interface, versatile, and helpful support

What is our primary use case?

We use ServiceNow for our internal IT and end-users. When I first started with it, I was simply a user. I've now started to manage the functionality, as well.

Very soon, we will be upgrading to the Paris version.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are its ease of use and capabilities.

ServiceNow is a pretty versatile product.

It is robust and very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more functionality in terms of custom workflows, not impacting the overall platform health.

I have been using ServiceNow for between four and five years.

This is a really stable solution.

It is possible to scale, as needed.

I have not had direct experience with technical support, but they have been very helpful for us.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. Ours is a pretty large implementation, so it took approximately two weeks. This was due to the complexity.

This is a pretty expensive product, so the licensing could be better.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I absolutely recommend. My advice is to use as much of the out-of-the-box functionality as possible.

Konstantinos Kourtidis - PeerSpot reviewer
Systems Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 11-50 employees
Assists greatly with collaboration and we can provide knowledge-based information

What is our primary use case?

We use ServiceNow for ITSM onboarding. We are customers and I'm a system analyst.

What is most valuable?

The solution helps us to collaborate and it's great that it is knowledge-based. We make knowledge-based, easy-to-find information, and you can use the flows in ServiceNow. Those are the most useful features.

What needs improvement?

Performance could definitely be improved. There may be features I'd like to have that are not activated because of our licensing agreement. I would like to have the ability to access a Gantt chart.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The solution is stable.

It's quite scalable, we have around 300 basic or IT users which is pretty much everyone in the company.

Technical support responds very quickly and if there's an emergency, they'll give us a call.

The initial setup was quite straightforward. We deployed internally with some assistance from ServiceNow who carry out the maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very speedy solution so I rate it nine out of 10 on that basis.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Bharat Nutakki - PeerSpot reviewer
Practice Manager at YASH Technologies
Strong platform capabilities, useful AI technology, and provides many analytic reports
  • "Some of the valuable features I have found the solution to have are it can serve many different types of businesses, it has strong platform capabilities, provides application development, built-in predictive intelligence, and performance analytics reports."

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features I have found the solution to have are it can serve many different types of businesses, it has strong platform capabilities, provides application development, built-in predictive intelligence, and performance analytics reports.

I have been using the solution for six years.

The stability of the solution is very good.

We have customers using the solution in medium to enterprise-sized businesses. The solution is not meant for small-sized businesses.

The technical support we have experienced was excellent.

The initial setup is really easy. Having a complex environment could add to the installation time but typically the solution can be up and fully operational in six to eight weeks' time.

The solution is priced for medium to enterprises sized businesses. However, it is expensive compared to competitors. Small businesses would have a hard to justify the price, it would not be cost-effective for them.

What other advice do I have?

Those wanting to automate all of your internal functional departments under one system platform I would advise before implementing this solution to train and educate your teams on the use of these types of solutions first. This will allow for an easier transition.

I rate ServiceNow an eight out of ten.

Download our free ServiceNow Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022