Cybersecurity Technical Leader AWS - Google at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Stable with an easy initial setup and excellent scalability
  • "The stability has been great."
  • "There's a learning curve. It was a bit hard to understand the logical way of working with it, just at the beginning."

What is most valuable?

The initial setup is straightforward.

The solution scales extremely well.

The stability has been great.

What needs improvement?

In Salesforce, you cannot adjust the level of information to what you want to exploit or to use yourself and not share. In a big environment, it's hard to hide information you need, so you have to get local writing for avoiding sharing information you don't want to share with other sales guys or management. It's useful for your business, for your objective, however, it's not useful if you share it on too large a scale, as name dropping is something our consultants and our other sales guys try to avoid in order to be discreet.

I've been using the solution for one year at this point.

The stability has been great. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or free. We find it to be completely reliable.

Salesforce Platform
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Salesforce Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The scalability has been excellent. We haven't had any issues and don't see any limitations at all. if a company needs to expand, it's not a problem to do so.

I've never had to contact technical support. Therefore, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are. We have our own internal team that we would turn to if we ran into any problems.

I've used Microsoft Dynamics. I come from Microsoft Dynamics and it was more integrated with our email solution. It was for the agenda, the calendar, and all the tools you use to just work on a daily basis.

The initial setup is really easy.  It's not overly complex or difficult. However, that said, figuring out how to us is a bit difficult to start with.

We have a pretty limitless license. However, I don't know the exact costs involved. I'm just a user and do not handle any of the payments or contracts between Salesforce and our company.

We are a partner from Salesforce. There is a special agreement with them.

What other advice do I have?

We are Salesforce partners.

I'm in sales. I'm working on Salesforce. My consultants work with different tools, and they are certified on it. 98% of our consultants are certified on solutions.

Overall, it's been a good solution and we've been happy with it.

For those considering using the solution, I would advise that the company or team follow the different enrollment videos to be ready to jump into the Salesforce mechanisms.

I'd recommend using the solution.

I'd rate the product at a nine out of ten. However, I find Microsoft Dynamics better.

Kunal Verma - PeerSpot reviewer
Practice Director at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Good UI, great dashboards, and very easy to use
  • "The entire solution is very customizable and you are able to add many functionalities."
  • "There needs to be more documentation."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily just log into the platform and approve some of the entries which are there. I know there is a marketing aspect as well, however, I don't use it that much.

What is most valuable?

The reporting of the solution is excellent.

The dashboards are excellent. They are very clear and easy to understand.

There are very good analytics capabilities.

The solution is easy to use. All of the UI is great. You can navigate it with ease.

The workflow process is fine. We haven't had any issues surrounding that aspect.

What needs improvement?

The solution should keep adding features. They've continued to develop a lot of functionality over time with their additive approach to developing the product.

There needs to be more documentation. They need to make it easier to find what you need in order to get help and solve problems.

Technical support could be more responsive.

The solution could increase the number of plug-ins on offer. They should have ready-to-go modules that can just be added at any time to increase the capabilities in a number of directions.

I've been using the solution for one and a half years at this point. It hasn't been that long.

The product is very stable. The performance is good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

You can add small functionalities, so it's scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so. You can customize it to add to it in many ways.

We have about 200 people who use it in our organization.

The technical support has been good. That said, likely the lead time to resolve issues can be a bit quicker. Definitely, they do a good job in correcting some of the problems that we face, however, the time it takes to resolve the problem can be quicker. They're okay overall.

I did not handle the implementation process. For us, the solution comes pre-installed. The IT team installs it on our computers you can probably go to a site and then log in on the cloud.  I do not have much knowledge about the setup and deployment.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users of the product.

It's my understanding that we are using the latest version of the solution. I don't know the exact version number.

I'd recommend the solution. It's worked well for us overall.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

Salesforce Platform
November 2022
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Director Multi-Disciplinary Oncology Enterprise Solutions at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Stable, responsive support, and plenty of useful features
  • "The solution has plenty of features that are useful."
  • "We have a lot of strategic accounts and large accounts that are tied with all the growth and acquisitions across North America, being able to tag parent-child accounts in an easier fashion would be better. This is the biggest pain point is associating parent to child and being able to align and manage it better. Overall a better parent-child relationship between accounts would be a benefit."

What is our primary use case?

I use the Salesforce Platform for quoting, tracking, and updating customer information. We've also had a solution that we've created or built on top of Salesforce. We've recently deployed some native solutions, which I haven't used yet. Our entire project management team has been a recent adoption. There's is another third-party solution called Hot Docs, for reports.  I think you're going to be moving to another application that's even more functional.

What is most valuable?

The solution has plenty of features that are useful.

What needs improvement?

We have a lot of strategic accounts and large accounts that are tied with all the growth and acquisitions across North America, being able to tag parent-child accounts in an easier fashion would be better. This is the biggest pain point is associating parent to child and being able to align and manage it better. Overall a better parent-child relationship between accounts would be a benefit.

I have been using Salesforce Platform for approximately seven years.

The solution is stable and reliable.

We have multiple things that we built on top of the Salesforce Platform which our team utilizes. One's called Customer Planning Opportunities, which is about 16 globally. When through an opportunity, a salesperson on the service side can create requests for us for some of my teams, and then it sends out a mass email.

There are multiple public and private pages that they've developed which we can log activities, such as sales, pre-sales, and pre-sale planning. We can upload documents that everybody can go and gather. If we upload a document in our Customer Planning Opportunity, which is built on top of Salesforce, it doesn't have to send attachments within the CRM.

There are some places where there are some disconnects

The technical support is responsive. I don't personally call them, but they're very good about if you want to learn or receive additional training within the application. It's pretty good.

We have a technical team that does the implementation, and we hired third-party resources too for the deployment. I wasn't part of the deployment team.

Salesforce does a user capacity analysis on a regular basis. For example, if you're not using certain areas, you may lose access. If you don't go in and quote and edit quotes, all of a sudden you may lose your rights to quote.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Salesforce Platform an eight out of ten.

ChrisTook - PeerSpot reviewer
NA Inside Sales Hub Manager at AMCS Group
Reliable with good reporting and custom dashboards
  • "The reporting tools are very solid."
  • "It could be maybe a bit more user-intuitive."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for our outbound and marketing activities.

What is most valuable?

We've built some custom dashboards which are quite nice.

The reporting tools are very solid.

It is absolutely stable.

What needs improvement?

I don't have any huge love for it. I don't have any huge love for most of the tech solutions I use. Working in software sales could be better.

The tasks, the reminders, and keeping myself on point, for example, in that sense, the forecasting could all be better.

It could be maybe a bit more user-intuitive. I've been using the Lightning version for the last couple of years. There were a couple of features that were lost from Salesforce Classic to Lightning, though I recognize some of the improvements.

Better UI and UX would be great. They should offer more help built into the platform itself. It would be really useful if, for example, in the reporting tab, I could have a little wizard or something which says, "Hey, this is your first time visiting the reports tab. Here are details and Youtube videos," et cetera.

We've used the solution for 20 years.

The solution is stable and reliable. The level of performance we get is great. I cannot remember the last time there was a Salesforce outage or anything like that. It is very, very, very reliable in that regard.

I use it to manage a team of eight, which is very usable from that point of view. I've never used it for anything beyond that. The largest team I managed would've been 13 or 14 people. I couldn't really speak to scalability. It may very well be fantastic for a team of 50 or 100, however, I couldn't speak to that. That's not been my experience historically.

I don't deal with pricing or licensing. In my last company, the pricing was about $1,100 a month or $1,400 a month. This would've been years ago. We were very much a small company then. Now, I  work for an organization with 1,000 employees. Pricing is not something I deal with in terms of how much Salesforce costs or how much the user license is.

What other advice do I have?

We are just customers and end-users.

There are features in there that I'd like to see improved, however, in terms of it being a business tool I'd rate the solution an eight out of ten. As a business tool, I find it extremely usable and very solid.

Patyy Collins - PeerSpot reviewer
Vice President of Sales at Pepperdata
Overall good functionality, scalable, and reliable
  • "What functions we don't get out of Salesforce, we typically receive from third-party applications that extend the capabilities. We integrate a lot of different products with Salesforce."
  • "Salesforce Platform has a cumbersome interface when creating reports, dashboards, and those types of things. They could be a little bit more simple. The administration has to be an aficionado to do any sort of administration and maintenance, for example, setting up the way you want to modify the lead tracks or functions. These systems tend to be quite cumbersome."

What is our primary use case?

In my role at the company, I use Salesforce Platform for many purposes, such as opportunity tracking, lead management, lead tracking contacts, and forecast productivity measurement.

What is most valuable?

Salesforce Platform overall helps me to track my business better.

What functions we don't get out of Salesforce, we typically receive from third-party applications that extend the capabilities. We integrate a lot of different products with Salesforce.

What needs improvement?

Salesforce Platform has a cumbersome interface when creating reports, dashboards, and those types of things. They could be a little bit more simple. The administration has to be an aficionado to do any sort of administration and maintenance, for example, setting up the way you want to modify the lead tracks or functions. These systems tend to be quite cumbersome.

I have been using Salesforce Platform for approximately 20 years.

We have had the typical amount of bugs or glitches while using Salesforce Platform, however, none that were significant. There are always bugs and glitches in software, but not anything enormous. I think it's become much more stable over time.

The scalability of the Salesforce Platform is good. We had a small implementation, we don't really have too much data or too many people. It has been scalable for what we have used it for.

We have 20 people in my organization that use this solution.

We hire someone to maintain the solution for us and we use them for technical support. However, they might call Salesforce or tech support but I have not contacted technical support.

The setup of the Salesforce Platform is complex. You have to be very well-educated; no one can set the Salesforce Platform up on their own. They have to be a trained Salesforce developer in order to set it up and in order to maintain it. It's not something you can do overnight; there is a lot of work involved.

For the number of people that are using Salesforce Platform in my organization, I feel the price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

Salesforce Platform is a good solution that does its job. However, I don't know that every company needs it. A company our size could probably manage with a less capable CRM with less overhead, but it does more than what we need it to do.

I rate Salesforce Platform an eight out of ten.

BG lead at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Very stable, has all the features, works well, and useful for tracking activities and opportunities
  • "The activities, opportunities, follow-up of the opportunities, and business tracking are valuable features. It provides everything that we need. It works pretty well."
  • "In terms of features, for our business needs, we have more than enough right now. There is nothing that we are missing or would like to add. They can maybe share some best practices so that when you are starting, you can stick to a good process, and you don't have to think so much about the process that you want or your CEO or CMO wants. The process should not be based on one person in the company. Having some best practices will make it easier to get started. These best practices can be based on what has worked for others. Its basic version is pretty simple, and the customizations are up to the companies, which can make startups like ours lose a lot of time in figuring out what all stakeholders want rather than what would work."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for follow-up of sales opportunities. We are using Enterprise Salesforce.

What is most valuable?

The activities, opportunities, follow-up of the opportunities, and business tracking are valuable features. It provides everything that we need. It works pretty well.

What needs improvement?

In terms of features, for our business needs, we have more than enough right now. There is nothing that we are missing or would like to add. They can maybe share some best practices so that when you are starting, you can stick to a good process, and you don't have to think so much about the process that you want or your CEO or CMO wants. The process should not be based on one person in the company. Having some best practices will make it easier to get started. These best practices can be based on what has worked for others. Its basic version is pretty simple, and the customizations are up to the companies, which can make startups like ours lose a lot of time in figuring out what all stakeholders want rather than what would work.

I have been using this solution for four years.

It is very stable and works very well.

We have scaled it, and it works pretty well. It has good scalability. We have around 50 people in our organization who use this solution.

I have not used technical support. It is very stable, and most of the issues were at the user level. Therefore, I did not need any advanced technical support for this.

It is pretty easy to set it up. The first version came out in two weeks.

What other advice do I have?

Before using this solution, you must make sure that your processes are very clear. You should know what do you want from the CRM and what outcome you are expecting. The CRM itself is very easy to use and deploy, but you can also make mistakes while going back and forth. If you don't have complete clarity of what you want from the business standpoint, you will lose valuable time in customizing the stuff that is not required. You will end up measuring stuff that you don't really care about. That's why you need to know your needs and the outcome that you're expecting.

I would rate Salesforce Platform a nine out of ten.

Quality Assurance Lead at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to scale, easy to setup, good performance, and good technical support
  • "The process and the workflows are amazing."
  • "Integration needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We are predominantly a Salesforce consulting company and we do Salesforce implementation for various types of clients.

We are in the implementation business and we help our clients. Most of our services are in the nonprofit public sector and CPQ.

What is most valuable?

In terms of a CRM or a BAR, Salesforce is absolutely great from a client standpoint.

The completely out-of-the-box service is absolutely great.

The process and the workflows are amazing.

What needs improvement?

Integration with a few of the other products such as Spring Boot is a problem.

Integration needs improvement. We have found that there are some issues with integration.

DevOps is lagging in Salesforce development practice. We are looking for a better understanding of DevOps for Salesforce.

I would like to see automation DevOps in the next release.

It's a 14-year-old company and we have been using Salesforce Platform for nine months.

We are using the latest version. We have been working with both public and private clouds.

There have been some issues with the stability of the Salesforce Platform, but it's very minor compared to other applications.

The scalability of the Salesforce Platform is amazing. There are no issues with the scalability of this product.

We have 1,000 employees who use it.

As partners with Salesforce, we are dedicated and in touch with Salesforce all of the time.

The technical support is good.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is quite easy.

The price varies depending on the cloud.

We are exploring multiple different tools at this point.

Within our company, we haven't developed automation practice so far, which is the reason why I have been doing research to identify the most suitable tool exclusively for Salesforce functional automation.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. This is the right time to look into Salesforce, so it's going to be huge in few years.

I am totally in love with this solution. Any issues it may have for example with integration are all minor when you compare it with the performance, scalability, and ease of use. I would definitely rate it a ten out of ten.

SVP, Senior Director, Platforms and Delivery at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Great dashboards, highly scalable, and overall stable
  • "We used it for providing a 360 view of the customers from within Salesforce. So, a lot of data got presented there, for which we used Einstein Analytics. The Einstein Analytics dashboards were really great."
  • "It is quite expensive. It has gotten to that point where it is a lot more pricey. It has kind of got its own proprietary language for development. It is probably never going to change, but if it had a more market language for development, it would be easier to find developers. They come at a premium cost, so it is expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We used it for sales and mobile access. We had to create mobile access for sales agents. We also used it for customer service and for onboarding in the treasury space with the nCino product.

How has it helped my organization?

It has definitely improved the way our organization functions.

What is most valuable?

We used it for providing a 360 view of the customers from within Salesforce. So, a lot of data got presented there, for which we used Einstein Analytics. The Einstein Analytics dashboards were really great.

What needs improvement?

It is quite expensive. It has gotten to that point where it is a lot more pricey. It has kind of got its own proprietary language for development. It is probably never going to change, but if it had a more market language for development, it would be easier to find developers. They come at a premium cost, so it is expensive.

I have been using this solution for more than four years.

Overall, it is stable. We generally tend to wait until somebody else has upgraded.

It is highly scalable. In my previous organization, we probably had 2,000 or 3,000 users.

They have a model where there are a lot of user groups before you get into really calling them. We go through the sales channel and get assistance through that. We didn't really use the tech support itself that much. We kind of leveraged sales engineers to help us with things that we had questions about.

Based on my knowledge, we were not using any other solution. I have used it here for four years, but they have had it for eight years.

It really depends on what you're doing.

It is quite expensive. Its developers come at a premium cost, which makes it expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to go with the base functionality first and then develop specific use cases for your expansion and customization. Try to leverage, as much as possible, the core capabilities without customization. Rely on configuration because customization is really expensive. The developers are expensive.

I would rate Salesforce Platform an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
Download our free Salesforce Platform Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022