Content strategist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Easy to use, simple to navigate around and very stable
  • "From a security point of view, Google will alert you if anything strange is happening. They will flag it for you so you are aware."
  • "Google Meet can have a bit more functionality. It should show the views of more people. Right now, it shows just eight at a maximum, or six. When there are more people on the call, more than eight, everyone is not showing."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use G Suite for our internal tasks. In the company, all the accounts are set up in the G Suite. We use chat also, as well as video functionality and the drive on offer. We do calls through Google G Suite itself.

What is most valuable?

It's a good solution.

It's simple to use and navigate.

I like the video capabilities. I like it more than Microsoft Teams and Zoom as well, due to the fact that it's so simple.

The functionality is really simple and it's absolutely cloud-based and it's easy to use and it's fast.

The solution is stable.

You can scale the product.

What needs improvement?

Google Meet can have a bit more functionality. It should show the views of more people. Right now, it shows just eight at a maximum, or six. When there are more people on the call, more than eight, everyone is not showing. That's an improvement that can be made so that we can see everyone who actually enters a meeting.

I've been using the solution for one year. It hasn't been that long.

Google Workspace
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Google Workspace. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very stable and the performance is good. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The product is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

Currently, we have about 450 people using the product.

I've never dealt with technical support. I've never had any problems and therefore I have never had to reach out. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

I also have experience with Microsoft Teams as well as Zoom (for video conferencing tasks).

However, we have only used this product and did not use anything else previously.

I did not handle any aspect of the installation process. I can't speak to how easy or difficult it was, how long it took, or what was involved in executing.

I can't speak to the cost of the product or how much our company pays. I don't deal with payments or licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user. I use this product at my current company.

We use the enterprise version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I would recommend the product to other users and organizations.

Jan-Kobza - PeerSpot reviewer
Account Manager at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
If you misplace things, it's much easier to find them because of the search capability.
  • "Google Mail lets you link a task to a specific email and add a reminder. That's helpful for reviewing your schedule. It's based on Slack, so you don't have these folders like in Microsoft mail. Using Slack instead of folders is a bit more intuitive. It's easier to find again a specific email than using Microsoft Suite. If you misplace things, it's much easier to find them because of Google's search capability."
  • "Everything is online, so you don't have a client on your desk. Working on email is online work, so can't do work offline and go back online. Sometimes it's not so intuitive. If you answer an email, it puts your answer at the bottom of the existing email."

What is our primary use case?

I use G Suite for email and to plan activities, daily work, and meetings. I also use Google Docs and Google Drive to collect all the customer information. It's like Microsoft SharePoint but from Google.

My company has 13,000 employees, and everyone uses G Suite, including sales staff, engineers, and management. Users work with different G Suite tools depending on their roles. I'm using most of G Suite in my sales role.

What is most valuable?

Google Mail lets you link a task to a specific email and add a reminder. That's helpful for reviewing your schedule. It's based on Slack, so you don't have these folders like in Microsoft mail. Using Slack instead of folders is a bit more intuitive. It's easier to find again a specific email than using Microsoft Suite. If you misplace things, it's much easier to find them because of Google's search capability.

What needs improvement?

Everything is online, so you don't have a client on your desk. Working on email is online work, so can't do work offline and go back online. Sometimes it's not so intuitive. If you answer an email, it puts your answer at the bottom of the existing email.

If you need to open a second mail for comparison, that's not possible. When you switch from one view to the other, you can't keep one email open that you'd like to answer and a second one that you want to review. This isn't possible in Google Mail because it's an online tool, not an on-premise tool like Microsoft mail.

I have used G Suite for about half a year.

G Suite is much more reliable than Office 365. I had a couple of incidents with Office 365 where I couldn't access emails. The emails didn't come in or go out. There was one day when I got no email for half a day, and I didn't know why. I finally realized that I was offline because they were doing some maintenance on Office 365.

I'm sure you could increase the performance, but it has to do with bandwidth per user.

In the past 15 years, I've only worked with Microsoft tools. G Suite is a  completely different experience, and its capabilities are more advanced.

There's no implementation. You just log in to your Google account.

What other advice do I have?

I rate G Suite eight out of 10.

Google
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: partners
Google Workspace
November 2022
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sheila  V. - PeerSpot reviewer
President at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to deploy, user-friendly, and accessible from anywhere and from any device
  • "What I like most about Google Workspace is the Google Drive app because you can easily access it from anywhere and from any device. I also find the solution easy to use. It's user-friendly."
  • "What needs improvement in Google Workspace is the Google Drive app, in particular, making the process of finding the shared and most used files and folders easier. The first time you get an invite to view a file or folder in Google Drive and you view that folder or file, it's pretty easy, but the next time you try to access it again, sometimes, it's a bit difficult to find what was shared with you. An additional feature I'd like to see in Google Workspace is the option to un-send messages in Gmail. Microsoft has a message recall feature, and this isn't available in Gmail, so it's the feature I'd like to be added to Gmail."

What is our primary use case?

We've been using Google Workspace mostly for emails. We've also been using it for collaboration purposes.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about Google Workspace is the Google Drive app because you can easily access it from anywhere and from any device. I also find the solution easy to use. It's user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

What needs improvement in Google Workspace is the Google Drive app, in particular, making the process of finding the shared and most used files and folders easier. The first time you get an invite to view a file or folder in Google Drive and you view that folder or file, it's pretty easy, but the next time you try to access it again, sometimes, it's a bit difficult to find what was shared with you.

An additional feature I'd like to see in Google Workspace is the option to un-send messages in Gmail. Microsoft has a message recall feature, and this isn't available in Gmail, so it's the feature I'd like to be added to Gmail.

I've been using Google Workspace for more than five years now.

Google Workspace is a stable solution. There was only one instance when I couldn't access it, and the whole world couldn't access it as well, so overall, I find Google Workspace to be a very stable solution.

Google Workspace is a very scalable solution.

I didn't directly interact with the Google Workspace technical support team, but I'm not aware of any concerns about the support, so it's okay. At the moment, there's no problem with Google Workspace support.

Setting up and deploying Google Workspace is easy as it's done on the web. It's a simple process, and on a scale of one to five, with one being difficult and five being easy, I'm rating the setup and deployment of Google Workspace a five.

I can't recall the exact pricing per user for Google Workspace, but I know it's not that expensive. I'm in a mid-sized company that's able to maintain and afford Google Workspace, so it has competitive pricing, and I would rate its price as four out of five.

I used Microsoft as well, but I prefer Google Workspace because of its ease of use and accessibility.

What other advice do I have?

My company has around one hundred fifty users of Google Workspace.

I'm rating Google Workspace eight out of ten.

My company is a customer of Google Workspace.

Head IT at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
A stable solution with an easy set up and self reliant integration
  • "The solution is stable."
  • "Our users have faced an issue with increasing their email quotas over the last three months."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the latest update of the solution. We use it on Windows and are now using it on Windows 10. We utilize the latest version.

We are using all the basic features and have already hosted for three domains.

What is most valuable?

The solution serves our needs. We do not use any of Google G Suite's development products. As such, it is good for us.

What needs improvement?

The pricing is very high, although I cannot tell if this is the result of the Indian vendors artificially inflating it. We are talking about 2,500 per year for each mailbox, which is very high.

Also, our users have faced an issue with increasing their email quotas over the last three months. When they tried to bring this about they simply lost out on the money they remitted on their credit or debit cards. I feel this to be a very bad practice.

We have not encountered any support when it comes to such issues. While we have escalated to their email address, we have found this procedure to be very complicated. It took a week's time to receive a response from when we submitted all the relevant details and it is still not clear if the money has been refunded.

I have been using G Suite Enterprise for almost seven years.

The solution is stable.

Scalability is always on the high side.

We have not been satisfied with the technical support.

The initial setup was very easy.

We did the integration on our own, without the assistance of a vendor or integrator. We had no issues, as the implementation and deployment teams are very good.

The very high pricing is what brings down my rating of the solution from a ten to an eight.

Also, they only contact a person at the time of renewal, at which point they are very rigid with the price. No negotiation is permitted whatsoever. A person can only be certain that his money will be consumed, but has no such guarantee about the quota being increased.

What other advice do I have?

We are not seeking new requirements or additional features. Our things work fine. Sharing is there and the conferencing is going on. We encounter no difficulties with the features we use.

Our company has around 215 users who are making use of the solution.

I would recommend the solution to others and have done so with many people who have contacted me.

I rate G Suite Enterprise as an eight out of ten.

Paweł Psuty - PeerSpot reviewer
Partner, Cloud Expert at GoCloud
Provides great opportunities for collaboration and streamlining our business
  • "Extremely reliable, providing great collaboration features."
  • "There is some redundancy in the functionality between certain modules."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is our primary tool for communication and collaboration within the company. We use it for everything possible. We are partners with Google and I'm a cloud expert and company partner.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has improved our organization in many ways, whether it's in terms of quick access to information from any place and the fact that it's more than just email. In the work environment I can quickly collaborate with others on urgent matters. Problems are addressed more quickly and content is created and approved in less time, providing quick and easy access to information.

What is most valuable?

It's difficult to name a single valuable feature, but I like that it simply works and is reliable. I like the philosophy of the product.

What needs improvement?

G Suite has improved but there's still some redundancy in the functionality between certain modules. The general Q and A's are different from the Q and A's in Google presentations and Google slides. I think the three could be unified into a single function rather than three different functions. For additional features, I'd like to see some project management area tools, workflow tools around document management, that kind of thing.

I've been using this solution for over 10 years.

The solution is absolutely reliable and stable.

Scalability is excellent - the product is a public cloud product so by definition it's scalable. We're not a big company, we have close to 20 users and they are in all roles, whether it's sales, marketing, professional services or administration.

As partners, I think the technical support offered is good. From Google's perspective, I think it could be improved. There is quality lacking in their support. The solution works very well and there are rarely any technical issues and that could be the reason that their first line of support is not great. I think it's similar with other vendors so it seems to be the industry average.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

There are different licensing packages available so you can choose what suits you. The price is relatively low, it's reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

Compared to anything else, this solution is absolutely the best.

I rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Caribbean Territory Manager at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
You can work seamlessly with any of your colleagues on the same document
  • "The most valuable part of G Suite is the integration among all of the components. It's also highly reliable because it's always available. And G Suite's ability to collaborate on all the standard office tools has no rival. It's amazing because you can work seamlessly with any of your colleagues on the same document."
  • "G Suite could offer something a little more solid in terms of chat — something that is a little more like Slack and integrates with everything. But, unfortunately, the chat is very basic there. It doesn't offer that many features and feels like it doesn't belong there."

What is our primary use case?

We use G Suite for email, spreadsheets, producing documents, presentations, chat, and notes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable part of G Suite is the integration among all of the components. It's also highly reliable because it's always available. And G Suite's ability to collaborate on all the standard office tools has no rival. It's amazing because you can work seamlessly with any of your colleagues on the same document. It's perhaps the single greatest feature that that tool has.

What needs improvement?

G Suite could offer something a little more solid in terms of chat — something that is a little more like Slack and integrates with everything. But, unfortunately, the chat is very basic there. It doesn't offer that many features and feels like it doesn't belong there.

As far as features I'd like to see, G Suite already has a lot of tools that integrate natively with it. For example, the CRM that we use integrates natively with it. But maybe it could be better integrated with mobile phones and SMS. I don't really use them that much, but the cell phone is our second-most used work tool, so more mobile integration could be great. By that, I mean integration at the call level — logging to calls and stuff like that— could be helpful in some specific cases, but that already is integrated. It has apps, Google Phone, etc., but SMS is the one part that isn't integrated.

I've been using G Suite for about four years now.

G Suite is stable. I think I can remember only one time that it failed for a brief period.

G Suite is scalable. It offers so much storage. I even use it for my family as well. I have a 2 terabyte plan and it's amazing. You put whatever you need in there, and I've never reached a limit. You can create as many documents as you want. From the user's standpoint, it's great. It'll have the greatest scalability.

What other advice do I have?

I rate G Suite Enterprise 10 out of 10. If you are considering it, I would say just go ahead and do it. It's great.

Google
Managing Partner / Owner Executive at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Centralized, versatile solution with excellent integrations and security
  • "We value the collaboration levels that are offered. Having everything integrated in a single platform is a dream come true for us."
  • "I believe that Sheets could have a more functional and user-friendly interface. Google Sheets currently lacks macros and cross file links which can be found in Excel."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution in a variety of different cases i.e. emailing, audio and video conferencing, sharing files, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution offers great integration and security, better than Microsoft in my opinion.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I believe that Sheets could have a more functional and user-friendly interface. Google Sheets currently lacks macros and cross-file links that can be found in Excel.

I have been using this solution for almost five years now.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution, we have some customers who install G Suite for thousands of users and have no had any issues.

We have only needed to contact support twice over the last five years and have no complaints with them.

We were originally using Microsoft but we switched for security reasons. We faced many spam attacks on the Microsoft platform and Google offered spam filters which were attractive to us so we decided to migrate everything there.

Overall, Google beats Microsoft on the price, performance, and security features.

The initial setup was straightforward and took just a couple of days to deploy within the whole company.

We implemented the solution ourselves.

We have seen high ROI.

The overall cost is very reasonable when considering all of the security features that you are receiving. It is a bit more expensive than our localhost and/or other hosting companies that are available on the market, but it is worth it.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution, it is a no-brainer that this is one of the best cloud platforms available. The only reason you should not go with G Suite is if you have some strict regulations to keep everything on your local devices or within your local network.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Lourika Vlietstra - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Project Manager / Project Director at three6five network solutions
Great search features, reliable storage, and it's quick thinking
  • "Good search features, reliable storage, and quick thinking."
  • "Expensive with a complicated licensing structure."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a customer of G Suite Enterprise and a user.

What is most valuable?

Personally, I find that Google meetings and the Hangout application are much easier to use than Microsoft Teams. If I send a customer a Zoom invite or a Google Hangouts invite, it's easier than joining a Teams meeting where an alternative account of mine might be chosen causing confusion. It means I have to close the program, exit everything, restart, log into the correct email address, and then rejoin. It's complicated. Hangouts is easy, and if you have more than one Google account, you can choose which account you wish to use. These days, more people work for more than one company, so it makes sense to be able to switch between accounts, depending on who you're engaging with.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see some changes; working with images inside a doc can sometimes be irritating because it doesn't move the way you'd like. It lacks an auto-fill feature and when you drag down a number, it doesn't auto-fill. Alternatively, it assumes you want to add a digit onto a value that you don't really want. Microsoft has a copy option where you don't auto-fill, Google Sheets doesn't have that feature. The solution has a complicated licensing structure and it's expensive, especially for small businesses. Their Word and Excel packages are not as powerful as Microsoft, but not everybody needs that.

I've been using this solution for three years.

It's stable, I haven't had any bugs or issues. They're on top of it.

Licensing is complicated, you can't just buy a license and have access to all the packages. You buy a license and get five packages, but then if you need something else it requires another license, it's annoying. I understand why they do it but as a small company, you might want to use the video once or twice a year and it requires purchasing a license for a year just for that. A per-use fee would be better.

What other advice do I have?

This solution has everything you need. It's got search features, it's got reliable storage, card features it's got quick thinking, it's awesome.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Download our free Google Workspace Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022