Consultant at a recruiting/HR firm with 10,001+ employees
User friendly with quality options; very quick and easy to install
  • "Very user friendly and a professional solution."
  • "Difficult to export in formats other than PDF."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this product is to draw processes. I don't deal with any of the automatization or other features. I'm a customer of Bizagi and I work at a consulting company in Spain.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very user friendly and the icons and options are high quality. I always use it as a modeler, not as a BPM.

What needs improvement?

The solution has issues when it comes to exporting in formats other than PDF, which is what I used to do. It's difficult sometimes to connect with a solution like Visio. For example, if I try to import, it's difficult because they don't keep the same pattern and process. The tools have been moved so I never connect Visio and Bizagi. The formats should be simplified, in my opinion. I'd like to be able to develop collaborative work but it's difficult to see how I could do this with Bizagi. Exporting is quite difficult and it's also impossible to attach documents. The design doesn't support this and it would be helpful if they could add this feature.

I've been using this solution for almost four years.

Bizagi
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Bizagi. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I haven't had any problems, this is a stable solution.

The initial setup is very straightforward, it took me maybe four or five minutes. The product doesn't require maintenance. They update every new version as it appears. Sometimes there is an issue because the program comes out in English first, and it can take two or three weeks before the Spanish version comes out. I generally wait two or three weeks until they bring out the Spanish version and that's when I download it.

I'm using the free version so there are no licensing costs.

Visio is also currently used in the company. It's now integrated with Office 365 and this is an advantage that Bizagi lacks. I think Visio is probably easier to use because they have more libraries of icons and things like that. Bizagi focuses on BPM while Visio can be used for a lot of things because it has a lot of libraries and different topics, more functionalities than Bizagi.

One thing Bizagi could implement would be the option for collaborative work because it's difficult to work with another person the way things are now. In my view, the collaborative factor is underdeveloped in Bizagi. Visio is used by most people in the company, I'm the only one using Bizagi. I used to use it on a daily basis but only occasionally now.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it's easy to use and very quick to install.

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Art Hebbeler, PMP - PeerSpot reviewer
Art Hebbeler, PMPSenior Project Management Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
ExpertTop 5Consultant

Actually, Bizagi has collaboration built-in. See https://help.bizagi.com/proces... for details on the Modeler collaboration.

You say there are issues with exporting? Which version of Bizagi are you using? We have no issue exporting Bizagi to PDF or Word, and with BPMN 2.0 compatibility, the ability to move models in and out is fairly direct.

Graduate Trainee at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
A low-code business process modeling and automation platform with a powerful business process management engine
  • "I like the business process management engine. It's very detailed, and you can probably map any of the corporate workflow processes you come across in it compared to some of the other solutions out there. I can probably say that it has very good support to work in tandem with other RP solutions in the market. The software is still very user-friendly and integral, and they have pretty good online resources. The automation feature is pretty good, so is the integration feature."
  • "Cloud support for their process mapping tool could be better. To map all your processes in any way and call your data, you need to download their on-premise setup or their desktop setup. Cloud support for process mapping is limited, and they should work on that."

What is our primary use case?

Bizagi is a very powerful business process management engine. I think it's one of the better solutions out there. You can take very niche processes and map them completely using the Bizagi engine. Bizagi is predominantly a BPM engine.

What is most valuable?

I like the business process management engine. It's very detailed, and you can probably map any of the corporate workflow processes you come across in it compared to some of the other solutions out there. I can probably say that it has very good support to work in tandem with other RP solutions in the market.

The software is still very user-friendly and integral, and they have pretty good online resources. The automation feature is pretty good, so is the integration feature.

What needs improvement?

Cloud support for their process mapping tool could be better. To map all your processes in any way and call your data, you need to download their on-premise setup or their desktop setup. Cloud support for process mapping is limited, and they should work on that.

I have been using Bizagi for about two weeks.

I'm not sure I can comment on stability just yet, but I did have an okay experience. I didn't have any issues.

It's definitely a scalable solution.

I did install Bizagi in my system, and that's how I tested it out. The file itself was around one and a half GB, and that's more than what you typically use for the cloud and cloud stations. It probably took me about half an hour to install and deploy this solution.

Some solutions are completely free. One would be the business process diagramming tool, the server beneath it, and the automation tool. You don't need to pay to map the business process, but you would need to when you want to execute any of the commands. So, basically, they lure you in with a free ride, and when you want to scale the solution, you'll have to pay for it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to new users depending on the use case. If you want it to manage processes that involve a lot of stakeholders, a lot of departments, and a lot of fragmented pieces of data, then I would definitely recommend Bizagi.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Bizagi a nine.

Bizagi
November 2022
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Pedro GentilSoares - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultor Sênior em Gestão de Processos, Negócios e Serviços at Trust Business Consulting
Improves governance-related processes and provides full support for BPMN 2.0
  • "I like that Bizagi is fully compatible with BPMN 2.0. It also eases the way in which we work with BPMN 2.0 itself, which is a comprehensive and rather complex notation standard."
  • "I would like to see a facility for building a simple CRUD application. In Bizagi, you can use database modeling, diagrams, forms, etc., but in some circumstances I need CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) functionalities which are not there yet."

What is our primary use case?

Some of our main use cases are in project risk planning and tender cost management.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization's adoption of Bizagi has greatly improved governance, especially where the role of academic secretariat is involved.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Bizagi for the past five years.

It is very stable and we have not had any problems.

We did not find any problems with scaling Bizagi.

Technical support is quite satisfactory. They are very quick to resolve issues and to help new businesses get oriented with the transition to their BPM tools.

Early on, we used Excel spreadsheets for managing business processes. Then we looked into other BPM tools like IBM BPM, Oracle BPM, and Camunda BPM. However, we decided to use Bizagi because it provides rapid installation and immediate use of the various BPM tools. They also offer an easy installation script which has worked well for us.

It is fully compatible with BPMN 2.0 which is quite comprehensive and hard to learn, and Bizagi made using BPMN 2.0 much easier.

The initial setup is very easy, but only if you have well-stated requirements right from the beginning.

For academic notices, we have about 53 users. And for governance, we have about 14 users.

In governance, we have about five people in the strategic staff using Bizagi. We also have other people in management, as well as analysts, using the solution. In the academic notices, we have mainly management and operational staff.

Make sure that your requirements are explicitly defined from the outset. This will help you choose the right setup and licensing for your needs.

What other advice do I have?

I am very enthusiastic about Bizagi because it lets you see anything you need to see very quickly.

I would rate Bizagi an eight out of ten.

Micah Rachuonyo - PeerSpot reviewer
Principal Standardization Officer at a engineering company with 1-10 employees
A user-friendly process modeler
  • "I like the ease of use and the fact that you can download and use their free version, which is unlimited. However, while it's unlimited use, some features aren't available."
  • "The free version could be better. Some of the templates and all the functionalities aren't available in the free version. I've been trying to check some maps, for example, organizational maps or a model on organization hierarchy. Apparently, there seems to be no template. You have to create your own. I am not sure if there are templates, but I've not really seen any. I think that there's room for improvement."

What is our primary use case?

I was introduced to Bizagi, and then someone else mentioned Microsoft Visio. I wanted to try and understand the differences between Bizagi and Microsoft Visio. I wanted to know which would be best suited for my use. I've tried to use Visio, but I haven't because of some issues, like monthly subscriptions.

What is most valuable?

I like the ease of use and the fact that you can download and use their free version, which is unlimited. However, while it's unlimited use, some features aren't available.

It can actually be very good for training or education before someone really gets into serious work. They can decide whether to purchase or subscribe after using it. I realized that it's very important to me.

What needs improvement?

The free version could be better. Some of the templates and all the functionalities aren't available in the free version. I've been trying to check some maps, for example, organizational maps or a model on organization hierarchy. Apparently, there seems to be no template. You have to create your own. I am not sure if there are templates, but I've not really seen any. I think that there's room for improvement.

They can also improve their documentation, more precisely, their coding of the maps. It has a unique way of making sub-processes, but I think the other school of thought is that if you have a process and within the process, you have a sub-process. They should improve how you code to link a sub-process within a process.

I think this coding is important. If you want to go beyond visual documentation to even narration, or if you want to include narration and map it onto the visual maps, you should be able to do it.

I've been using Bizagi for barely one month.

I'm trying the free unlimited version with unlimited use. But you have to pay to add some features.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential users that they must understand Business Process Analysis and Business Process Mapping, or rather Process Mapping, before using it. If you don't understand that, you might not find it useful or meaningful. If you do understand Business Process Mapping, then you'll find Bizagi very useful.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Bizagi a 9.

Asistent at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use and great for beginners, but could use more automation
  • "Bizagi is really great for beginners because it's user-friendly and you can learn in it quickly, whereas other similar software are harder."
  • "Bizagi could be improved by more automation and machine learning. Now that I'm learning more about data analyzers, I'm realizing that many people have problems with data and how to understand them."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of Bizagi was simulation, especially for office work manufacturing processes. So for these processes, you can input the number of people, the time, the responsibilities, etc., and run a simulation.

What needs improvement?

I think Bizagi could use more manufacturing processes, but that's just because I specialize in that. Bizagi is better for office processes, whereas Siemens has software that is better for processes in manufacturing.

I have been using Bizagi for a couple of years.

Bizagi was stable. The performance was okay on my normal computer, but I felt that I wanted to move to other options.

I have never contacted technical support.

In the past, I have also used Vizor.

From what I know of the market, I think Bizagi is a cheap solution for process engineering. Out of the solutions I've tried, from cheapest to most expensive, would be Vizor, Bizagi, Signavio, and then Siemens. I used a version of Bizagi that my university provided for free, so I have never paid for a license.

I'm now trying Signavio, which I prefer. I like that in Signavio you can connect it with SAP. I'm still learning, but I think Signavio is better for me. I'm also working in Siemens, so we are using SAP as our internal system. Because Signavio was bought by SAP, they are trying to integrate it, and these processes are going to be more and more automated in the future.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Bizagi a seven out of ten. I would recommend it to others who are looking to implement it.

Yves Dene - PeerSpot reviewer
Knowledge Manager at QbD
Free solution used to visualize processes, but lacks quality integration opportunities
  • "This is a free solution that allows us to create quality visualizations for our company."
  • "The solution's interface could be a bit more user-friendly and I would like to see more integrations with other Office products, not just Office 365."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution internally for my company to support departments that want to visualize their processes.

What needs improvement?

The stability of the product is fine, I have not had any issues in regards to this manner.

I don't have much to comment on the scalability as we use it as a standalone. We currently have about twenty to thirty people working on this solution locally who are a part of the design management team in addition to some consultants.

I have not needed to contact support. All of the questions that I had were answered in the FAQ's.

The initial setup was not too difficult. Though, the process during registration was not 100% clear, so this required a bit more time than I was expecting. All-in-all the process took ten to fifteen minutes.

I was able to implement the solution by myself.

This is a free solution.

We may decide to increase our usage in the future and may consider switching to Visio.

What other advice do I have?

Bizagi is a good, free solution for companies that do not need to make complex diagram or flows. For those looking to create more complex visualizations, such as electrical schedules, or if you want to integrate better with other standard products, I would suggest going with Visio.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Transformation Manager at a healthcare company with 11-50 employees
Good price and easy to create different types of processes, but doesn't integrate with other solutions and not suitable for complex processes
  • "Its cost is the most valuable. It is not as expensive. It is also easy to make different types of processes for the users."
  • "Bizagi doesn't have integrations with other solutions, such as ERP systems. In the industry and your company, you have a lot of systems with which you need to integrate, but Bizagi doesn't have such integrations, which makes it very difficult. Its scalability can also be improved. It is good for a startup, but when you need something more complex, it is not good."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for our processes. We have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

Its cost is the most valuable. It is not as expensive. It is also easy to make different types of processes for the users.

What needs improvement?

Bizagi doesn't have integrations with other solutions, such as ERP systems. In the industry and your company, you have a lot of systems with which you need to integrate, but Bizagi doesn't have such integrations, which makes it very difficult.

Its scalability can also be improved. It is good for a startup, but when you need something more complex, it is not good.

I have been using this solution for one year.

It is stable. We have a good impression of its stability and don't have any issues.

Its scalability is low. It is good for a startup, but when you need something more complex, this solution is not good. We have up to 50 users.

We have two to five engineers for its deployment and maintenance.

It is not expensive.

We are evaluating Appian and OutSystems to replace Bizagi. Appian or OutSystems can be implemented locally. This technology is good for transformation.

What other advice do I have?

It is good for proof of concept. You can have a lot of issues if you don't know the features. It is a good solution, but when you have a complex problem, it is not enough.

I would rate Bizagi a five out of ten.

Project Manager at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Easy configuration, and integrates well with their widgets
  • "I like the integration part, and I also like how they use the database, such as the data when they implement all the data side, and how you can easily integrate it with their widgets."
  • "The gateway through which it connects with other vendors, specifically RPA vendors, is one aspect that could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

This is not for my company because I am a consultant who implements VPNs. We're putting it in place for another company.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Their multi-production is a little complicated, despite the fact that they now have Microdeployment. They have big versioning and small versioning, with the small one being the one that doesn't work very well. That is where I think it could be improved.

There's a lot of analytics going on, and everything revolves around data. I believe it could be improved or have a way to improve the reporting or create a dashboard so that you can make decisions right there without having to rely on a third-party modeler. Also, improve the simulator that they have so that you can collect more data with the simulation tool.

I have been dealing with Bizagi for three years.

I have experience with Bizagi, ProcessMaker, and AuraPortal. These are the VPN solutions that I am currently using.

The configuration is simple, but the ingesting is not that simple. It requires some knowledge. There could be a happy medium there. It's not so simple, or complex if you know the integration that you are using.

I was performing some comparisons between VPN vendors.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Bizagi an eight out of ten.

Download our free Bizagi Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022