Bharat Nutakki - PeerSpot reviewer
Practice Manager at YASH Technologies
Strong platform capabilities, useful AI technology, and provides many analytic reports
  • "Some of the valuable features I have found the solution to have are it can serve many different types of businesses, it has strong platform capabilities, provides application development, built-in predictive intelligence, and performance analytics reports."

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features I have found the solution to have are it can serve many different types of businesses, it has strong platform capabilities, provides application development, built-in predictive intelligence, and performance analytics reports.

I have been using the solution for six years.

The stability of the solution is very good.

We have customers using the solution in medium to enterprise-sized businesses. The solution is not meant for small-sized businesses.

ServiceNow
    November 2022
    Learn what your peers think about ServiceNow. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
    655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The technical support we have experienced was excellent.

The initial setup is really easy. Having a complex environment could add to the installation time but typically the solution can be up and fully operational in six to eight weeks' time.

The solution is priced for medium to enterprises sized businesses. However, it is expensive compared to competitors. Small businesses would have a hard to justify the price, it would not be cost-effective for them.

What other advice do I have?

Those wanting to automate all of your internal functional departments under one system platform I would advise before implementing this solution to train and educate your teams on the use of these types of solutions first. This will allow for an easier transition.

I rate ServiceNow an eight out of ten.

CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Easy to use, flexible, and customizable

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for Service Management, iCast Management, and Software Management.

There are several use cases, you can use them in Education and in Health. We are using the latest version, which is called Paris.

What is most valuable?

I like the ease of use. I also like the flexibility.

What needs improvement?

It's not user-friendly by default, but it can be customized to be customer-friendly.

I have been using ServiceNow for three years.

It's a stable solution.

This product is scalable.

We have approximately 50 users.

We are going to continue to use this solution.

I have raised a ticket with the ServiceNow technical support.

I have used other products and switched because of the ease of use of ServiceNow, and the functionality of it.

We have to purchase a license.

The price is okay for us. It's reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

Depending on what it's being used for, I would recommend it.

ServiceNow
    November 2022
    655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Systems Analyst Field Applications at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Very stable and helpful for change management, but the interface can be more intuitive

What is our primary use case?

I mostly use it for change management.

What is most valuable?

Change management is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

The interface can be a bit more intuitive.

It has been in the company for quite a while. It's not new at all.

I've been using it on and off for about eight or nine years. I work with this solution on almost a daily basis at this point, at least three times a week.

I find it to be very stable.

I'm not in a good position to give a judgment on its scalability, but in terms of its usage, because it is a ticketing system, it is used for all the incidents. Our service desk uses it primarily to issue tickets, requests, changes, and so on. There are about 15 people who use it very regularly for those types of purposes. It is being used extensively.

I never had to get in touch with their technical support.

I wasn't here when it came online.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of 10.

Principal Consultant at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
    Integrates well, intuitive workflows, and responsive technical support
    • "I have found the workflows and integration the most valuable in this solution."
    • "The solution is lacking in the mobile application area that could be improved."

What is most valuable?

I have found the workflows and integration the most valuable in this solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution is lacking in the mobile application area that could be improved. Additionally, the configuration of the UI path could be made easier whether it is on mobile or web and their chatbot needs some improvement.

I have been using the solution for approximately three years.

I have found the solution to be stable.

Most of our clients are enterprise size businesses.

The technical support is very responsive.

The initial setup is easy.

The price could be a little lower for the solution. Many of my customers have issues with the licensing process, they have to make it easier and straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others this solution is a great platform that can meet their enterprise code requirements but it is best to do a cost-benefit analysis before switching platforms.

I rate ServiceNow a nine out of ten.

DiegoSilva Peukert - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical manager at Aoop Cloud Solution
    Good support, powerful ITOM features, and easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

We are a system implementor and ServiceNow is one of the products that we provide to our clients.

I have customers in the banking and retail industries that I manage using ServiceNow. I primarily use the ITOM module and don't use the ITSM features.

What needs improvement?

The technical support SLA can be improved because sometimes they take a long time to answer our queries.

I have been working with ServiceNow for five years.

This is a stable platform.

ServiceNow is scalable.

I have been in contact with technical support and I would rate them an eight out of ten. The support is good but the response time can be improved.

ServiceNow is very easy to set up.

The CapEx version is great.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

IT Supervisor, (POLARIS) Calendar Management Office at a government with 10,001+ employees
    Lacks support for contract line items but offers control over asset management
    • "Will give us better control over asset management and technical debt once we can centralize all contract information."
    • "The contract module is quite rudimentary and doesn't support contract line items."

What is our primary use case?

We use ServiceNow for asset management. I manage the IT contracts that are in ServiceNow with the metadata that we have. I'm the associate director for IT contract assets.

What is most valuable?

When we can centralize all the contract information, ServiceNow will give us better control over asset management and technical debt.

What needs improvement?

ServiceNow is not meeting our expectations. The contract module is quite rudimentary. It doesn't support contract line items, which are subdivisions of contracts in VA. The result is that we're not able to track those sorts of assets down to the product level. I'd like to see support for contract line items included in the next release.

I've been using this solution for two years.

My understanding is that the stability is excellent.

The initial setup is complex because it's not meeting our needs. We're having to build a scoped app to address the inability to save contract line items and data.

What other advice do I have?

For now, I rate this solution five out of 10.

Will Sefara - PeerSpot reviewer
    Managing Director at Will Consulting
    Good ease-of-use, installation and configuration, but is costly to get the tool up and running

What needs improvement?

The solution has the same drawback as that of the DMC remedy. The capital expenditure neeed to get the tool up and running is extensive.

We are in the process of moving to a cloud-based solution. This and the issue of the solution's pricing should be addressed.

The stability is good and has been improving over the years.

I do not have experience with OME support and, therefore, cannot comment on it. The skill-set exists for supplying local support. Locally, inter-office, we have skills. There are those partners who invested in training people. I feel that the technical support has been improving over the years.

I prefer the installation and configuration of ServiceNow to that of the competition.

Getting the solution up and running is expensive.

I prefer ServiceNow to the competition because of its ease of use, installation and configuration.

What other advice do I have?

I rate ServiceNow as a six out of ten.

IT Business Analyst at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
    Interface mimics a web-base

What is our primary use case?

I am a customer of ServiceNow. We use the solution for operations and ITSM.

What needs improvement?

ServiceNow has a user interface that mimics a web-base and is easy on the eyes however, it is too fluid. Currently, we are unable to audit notes. ServiceNow should be more organized and structured so it enables us to classify notes.

I have been using ServiceNow for two years.

The solution has good stability.

ServiceNow is scalable.

Due to some of the complexities within our organization, the initial deployment was complex. The tool itself is straightforward.

The deployment of ServiceNow was completed in-house.

We compared ServiceNow with Remedy.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend ServiceNow to commercial or private companies. I would rate this product a 10 out of 10.

Private Cloud
    Download our free ServiceNow Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022