IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Satish Gungabeesoon - PeerSpot reviewer
CTO, Digital Transformation at next pathway
It makes our lives better by streamlining the tedious daily work of project management
  • "In terms of product management, Jira increases productivity and visibility into the product. Those are the top benefits this tool provides to the team. Also, it's accessible to the executives and whoever wants to sign on to Jira to see what's going on."
  • "Reporting is something Jira could work on. The reporting capabilities should have the same flexibility we see in Excel, including the ability to manipulate data and create graphs. They need to have that, so we don't need to export to a spreadsheet."

What is our primary use case?

We use Jira to manage agile development from beginning to end. First of all, we lay out a backlog of everything that needs to be done. Within the backlog, We define a sprint of three to four weeks and prioritize in Jira. The backlog is stored and the sprints are defined in Jira. The tasks or stories fall under the umbrella label "issues." The issues are created and assigned to developers, and the testing is tracked in Jira. After one is done, it moves into the QA stage. We track that all the way until we get to what is called "non-performance testing," which is part of production. We use Jira to track the status throughout, and we have daily stand-up meetings where all the developers get together to talk about their blockers, interdependencies, the net, etc. All of this is captured in Jira. Our client is a bank, and we use a cloud version of Jira. We are the supplier, so we're onboarded and get a login for whatever they're using. Right now it's a cloud version that we are signed onto. They use a hybrid cloud because they have their own cloud because some of their systems are private, and some are in the public cloud.  The bank works with a few cloud providers. They are using Google for this project. We are heavy into developing microservices, which use JKE, Google layer, Google Cloud Platform, Google Communities Engine, and all the other Google components for microservices development. Most of their stuff is deployed on Google, but they are also affiliated with a bigger bank that uses Azure, so some of their systems are deployed on Azure.

How has it helped my organization?

In terms of product management, Jira increases productivity and visibility into the product. Those are the top benefits this tool provides to the team. Also, it's accessible to the executives and whoever wants to sign on to Jira to see what's going on.  There are different levels at which they can see the project. It depends on what they want. Somebody can, for example, create a report, but some of the reporting capabilities are not quite there. However, Jira can export all the data to a spreadsheet. Once it's in a spreadsheet, the sky's the limit.

What is most valuable?

Jira has a dashboard called Active Sprint. The board has a button on it for every developer, and when you click on it, you can see every task assigned to them along with the status. It's great to have visibility at that level. Every developer and test is there.

What needs improvement?

Reporting is something Jira could work on. The reporting capabilities should have the same flexibility we see in Excel, including the ability to manipulate data and create graphs. They need to have that, so we don't need to export to a spreadsheet.Jira should add some features from another Atlassian product called Confluence, which we use to track all the documents we need for development and testing. There should be better integration between Confluence and Jira. I like to use Confluence to do my reporting, and I should be able to go into Confluence and launch reporting at the source.  Jira acts as a data source, and Confluence is where the dashboards are. It would be easy for Atlassian to develop all the dashboarding capabilities for executives so they don't need to log into Jira. There's too much there. It would be better if executives could log into Confluence, which is a document-based tool.
Jira
May 2022
Learn what your peers think about Jira. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2022.
599,220 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We've been using Jira for nearly three years, but I've only been directly using and trying to generate reports from it for probably two years. Before that, I had my project manager do everything with Jira, but lately I've been working with it directly. I might sign on and looking at things because I want to understand what's happening with the project. There are a few things that are not right with Jira though.

Jira's stability is pretty good. I haven't had any problems.

We've never had an issue scaling up Jira for big teams. It's not a problem for the banks I work with or our in-house development.

I give Atlassian support eight on 10.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

I worked at IBM for many years, and we used an IBM product called CMVC. The difference is night and day. Jira is much better.

Infrastructure is all set up for us, and we go back to the bank's infrastructure team if there's a problem.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Jira eight out of 10. It boosts productivity tremendously by eliminating the chaos between development and QA. Jira manages the entire pipeline from development to production. If you're thinking about implementing Jira, you should go for it. It will make your life better by streamlining the tedious daily work of project management.

Hybrid Cloud
Robert Onesto - PeerSpot reviewer
Managing Partner at Wingspan Consulting
Consolidates everything and has good metrics, but should have flexible pricing for those users who are only viewers
  • "I like seeing which tickets are open and what our response rate is. They have a lot of good metrics in their system to see what's going on."
  • "I would like our clients' IT group to be able to have oversight without setting up agents. We're managing tickets, and I'd like their IT group to see everything we're doing without having to set them up as agents. There should be a better way of managing their users. I've got such requests, but Jira is expensive, and it is difficult to pay an agent fee for somebody else to view these tickets. Currently, the only way in which I can do that is by setting a user up as an agent, and it becomes cost-prohibitive. They need to do a better job on ticket viewers."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for client ticketing. We have managed services agreements with clients, and we use it when they have issues. It consolidates well with their IT ticket system. We are the first pass on the ticket issues. If it seems that a ticket belongs to them, we can easily pass it onto their system and their people. So, it is a ticket system for our clients.

We are using its cloud version, and it is hosted in Atlassian's cloud system.

How has it helped my organization?

It is not problem resolution by email. It consolidates everything in one place. We have unique cases that don't fit a particular engineer, and we're able to assign those on an ad hoc basis. It is a good process. For example, if it is a network issue, it goes to engineer A, and if it is an Azure issue, it goes to engineer B. So, we are able to quickly route it to whoever needs to resolve the situation without overview intervention. I like that feature.

What is most valuable?

I interface it with Slack, and that's a positive. We get our notifications in Slack, so everybody doesn't have to be an agent in their world for us to see everything, which is a positive.

What needs improvement?

I would like our clients' IT group to be able to have oversight without setting up agents. We're managing tickets, and I'd like their IT group to see everything we're doing without having to set them up as agents. There should be a better way of managing their users. I've got such requests, but Jira is expensive, and it is difficult to pay an agent fee for somebody else to view these tickets. Currently, the only way in which I can do that is by setting a user up as an agent, and it becomes cost-prohibitive. They need to do a better job on ticket viewers.

If they had a customizable dashboard, it would be great. There should be one with a public URL so that I could share it amongst other viewers. This is the beauty of Smartsheets. With Smartsheets, I'm able to have a customized dashboard. I can bring everything into Gantt charts for budgeting, performance, etc. There is one point of accessibility for our clients so that they can see the program in a snapshot and get whatever assets they need. I love that about Smartsheets, and I wish Confluence had something similar.

I have been using this solution for about two years.

Its reliability has never been a problem.

It works for us. We're probably managing about 25 to 30 tickets at a time. It is not like we're pushing the system.

Across the board, we might have about 100 users. Its usage is currently moderate. I would love to focus on one tool, but I use Smartsheets a lot for project planning. I know Confluence and Jira provide reasonable project management, but they're short in some features. So, unfortunately, I have to pretty much go with two tools. Confluence and Jira together make one tool, and Smartsheets is one tool.

I would rate them a five out of five. They are pretty good.

We did Freshservice for a bit. We got a client on Freshservice, and it was good for the time. We didn't really utilize Freshservice at the time. We had set it up for a client, and while setting it up, we customized it. We did a lot of front-end GUI tasks to make it work with their world.

A client pushed us toward Confluence and Jira, and that's how we started with them. I knew about Jira, but I never really used it internally. We had a client with whom we got a managed service agreement, and they said, "Hey, we're using Jira," and that's how we got in.

I did the setup, and it was easy. In terms of the setup, everything was intuitive with Jira. The setup is not intuitive with Confluence. It is not at all intuitive while setting up SSO.

It only took a few hours. It was really quick.

It was set up in-house. We didn't use a consultant.

I don't have the number, but I sure wish Jira was less expensive. Its price point should be a little lower, and it should be more flexible for users who are just ticket viewers.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of 10.

Other
Jira
May 2022
599,220 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Agile Software Architect at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Stable with good documentation and needs very little maintenance
  • "It's a very complete product overall."
  • "It would be ideal if Jira had future functionalities to integrate more easily with various aspects of code reviews."

What is our primary use case?

I am the software developer manager and I use Jira to manage team performance. We're also starting to use Jira for our drives. I used Jira before, for creating user stories from boards, to discuss issues, and many other tasks. Today we use Jira, Confluence, and BitBucket in our work. We practice scrum in our organization.

How has it helped my organization?

It improved with many exiting features to manage user stories, planning and retrospective meetings very productive.

What is most valuable?

The documentation is very good.

The solution is stable.

You can scale the solution easily.

It's comparable to Azure DevOps.

It's a very complete product overall.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal if Jira had future functionalities to integrate more easily with various aspects of code reviews.

It would be nice if, in the future, Jira worked a bit more like Azure DevOps in order to be able to manage work in progress and have the task measurements in strategies for the stories.

In the future, I would like to have traceability features. For example, when you create a task or a sub-task that's related to code. In this task, if we could create a method for retrieve customer information, that would be helpful. In that case, I would want to train with the source code later.

I'm new to the company. Although I've worked with Jira before, I've only been at this company for one week.

Atlassian solutions for me are very good solutions. They are very interesting and very productive. As a user, it is necessary to have a unique portal to make traceability between sub-tasks related to code or programming. You can create and screen or implement a function or a class, related for example to the code that you are pushing in the repository or commit in the repository. If I open the sub-task, I will see the code related to the sub-task. It's very similar like Azure DevOps. Azure DevOps, however, has this functionality for traceability. This functionality will be amazing that Jira would implement something similar.

I prefer to use Azure DevOps instead of Jira for stability or the frequency of use. In my case, for example, I feel that more users, more companies don't think Azure DevOps makes a good choice due to the fact that the cost is higher than Jira.

The scalability is very good if you're carrying a lot of projects here, and if the company needs to have a lot of people to PEA development centers in Mexico. Our technicians can easily test the tool and scale it in order to develop projects.

We do plan to increase usage. We're already training more users. We're increasing quickly so that our teams will be ready for upcoming projects.

We have manuals, technical support, and also technical specialists in the company. I haven't had the opportunity to use directly call the technical support from Atlassian, however, the technical documentation that I have reviewed is excellent. We're satisfied with the level of service we have access to.

We also use Azure DevOps. They are both very similar. The main difference is Azure offers traceability.

The solution is easy to implement. We have the cloud version of Jira in the company, and we don't worry about maintenance, it's automatic.

The cost of Jira is okay. It's better than Azure DevOps. We don't have any licensing fees that I know of.

What other advice do I have?

While I'm new to the company, it's my understanding that it is a partner of Atlassian.

We use the latest version of the solution, as we use the cloud, which updates automatically.

Our company has both Azure DevOps and Jira. I use Jira, and Azure DevOps is used for other purposes. Most projects, all projects that are using Azure DevOps are legacy projects. The new projects and new solutions are using Jira.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate Jira at a ten. It's a very good product.

Both tools, Azure DevOps and Jira are at the same level. In terms of preference, I typically choose Azure DevOps for familiarity but not for features. For features, both are the same. For example, Jira has amazing features that Azure DevOps doesn't have, and also Azure DevOps has the flexibility that I like very much. Both tools have different interesting aspects. However, if Atlassian would implement traceability, I would prefer to use Atlassian. For me, it's more complete and allows for smaller teams than Azure DevOps.

Project Manager at a consultancy with 201-500 employees
Can customize entries and quickly update them
  • "A most valuable feature involves the ability to customize the entries and to update them quickly."
  • "Something I do not like about the new version is that there is a need to browse all the way back to the beginning, should a person click on a task that is specifically for his group and wish to go back and look at the other portfolios or people."

What is our primary use case?

We have been using Jira for schedule management as well as for making updates to our projects. I mention this in my capacity as a project manager. I most recently used the solution this year and did so for scheduled management of our varied tasks and projects. JIRA is actually used to put together an entire portfolio for each one of the teams, meaning for everybody. The solution listed each of our projects individually, with us needing to provide daily and regular updates.

What is most valuable?

A most valuable feature involves the ability to customize the entries and to update them quickly. Unlike what was previously available, the solution allows us to create specific codes and symbols for the individual teams. The new version allows one to customize and to use demarcators. There is a code that can be entered in Align upon completion of a project or task and this apprises the project manager that it is time for its removal.

What needs improvement?

Something I do not like about the new version is that there is a need to browse all the way back to the beginning, should a person click on a task that is specifically for his group and wish to go back and look at the other portfolios or people. However, I cannot state definitively if this situation owes itself to the way our team put the site together or to something administrative. When clicking the back button it would take the person to the wrong page, not to the one he desires. One would actually have no choice but to browse back to the portfolio and to find his group again and open it. Again, it is not clear to me if this problem lies with Jira or with the way our team laid out the site.

I feel Jira is stable. The only hiccup which comes to mind is the one I mentioned, although it is not clear to me if this owed itself to the network we were using or to limitations of the application. Except for this, everything about the solution is stable. The only time a person can not look at the information is when the administrator announces his intention to remove it.

The scalability is pretty good and we started on this process from the moment we started utilizing the solution. While we had only three teams and three sections, between December and January 15th the developers came together and expanded from three to 76 different tasks across the different teams. By February there were over 300 teams. Expansion is easy and did not just encompass our teams but also provided links to others that were outside of our main team set so that there were reference points available.

I would say the tech support is pretty good. I got back a couple of answers in response to an email I sent out.

It was quite easy for me to set up my own pages. I had a field day with creating my own test pages and was able to play around with them and simply test out the different settings. Pulling in new documentation was very easy. The same holds true with pulling in attachments and it was, consequently, easy to set up. As well, I was able to set up certain sub-pages for our team for going in and checking JIRA.

There were initially eight people involved in the maintenance of the solution and deployment of updates. They had the people to whom they answered. We are talking about a large-scale effort. Without taking into account the Jira support line, I would say there were around 12 people managing and administering this version. For our specific team, there were around three. They were the actual decision makers.

I am not in a position to comment on licensing costs.

What other advice do I have?

Our team does not use the solution exclusively. There are multiple ones which do, although I cannot state how many teams are doing so. I do know that the entire section of our agency is doing so and this accounts for a lot of people, well over a hundred.

The solution is pretty good and is geared towards those with multiple teams who are using it for the same purposes as us. We use it for providing daily and scrub updates, for which it is really good, as it allows one to track every entry and see when it's entered, timestamp and all. So, if a person has a lot of mission-critical or time-sensitive activities, JIRA is pretty good for tracking and helping to keep everything organized.

While I am still biased towards services at the moment, I rate Jira as an eight out of ten, at it is really good and very functional.

Vice President Quality Management at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Very scalable and stable and quite useful for agile shops
  • "I like that all of the team members on an agile team can use it. No one is in a separate application."
  • "The reporting needs to be better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for all issue reporting. The business uses it and we use it in IT as well. Any issue, anything from the help desk to software issues use Jira. It can house test plans, test sets, test executions, and provide some reporting. It's the reporting that's important for us.

How has it helped my organization?

The product has formalized the workflow process for reporting tracking and stacking and processing issues. It's also added some formal approvals, just for the purpose of formalization of a process workflow.

What is most valuable?

If you're using it in an agile shop, the traceability between epic story's test case defects is very helpful.

I like that all of the team members on an agile team can use it. No one is in a separate application.

The stability is good.

The product can scale, so long as you have storage.

What needs improvement?

The reporting needs to be better. Being able to do some test management would be useful. In the tool, it would be ideal if they could give you some out-of-the-box reports for things like requirement coverage and regression and things of that nature.

I've used the solution off and on for about four years. I used it when it first came out to do some evaluation and we implemented it at a startup. That was when it first started. I've probably only really used it for about eight months on a daily basis.

We have had no downtime, and therefore I don't have anything to say that would be negative. It seems to be quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze.

As long as a company has the money for storage, it's scalable to any size. A small company can use it or an enterprise-level company can use it. It works for both.

Currently, we have less than 1,000 users in our organization using the solution.

Jira is extensively used in our organization.

We do plan to increase usage as well. The company purchased it so that it would be scalable. There's not a solid plan right now to add measurable users or increase the size, however, we know that it's available and that's what we were looking for - something that is scalable. The plans are to grow and as that growth happens, either organically, or via the purchase of other financial entities, we can grow the size of the database application and the number of the users.

I did not personally use technical support. I have worked several months with the people who have, and they say that the support is very good.

If the company used something previous to Jira, it was before my time. It possibly could have been Sharepoint, however, I was not with the company at that time.

The solution was implemented before I came to the company.

That said, my understanding is that the company tried to use as much out-of-the-box functionality as possible and it was quite an effort. They spent quite a lot of time formalizing workflows and things of that nature. In the end, it was very well thought out.

We do have a team for maintenance and what takes the most time with any upgrade is going through the changes, the enhancements, the defect fixes, and things like that. The actual time that it takes to physically update it is pretty minimal. However, going through the documentation and meeting with the team to make sure that we have testing covered prior to upgrading is work. We have a test environment prior to pushing it to production. That's what really takes time. It's not the physical update. An update might take two and a half hours and there's a lot of data in there.

My understanding is the company used professional services from Jira and also got some training and stuff of that nature.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users.

We just upgraded the solution. We are on the latest version.

I'd advise potential users to make sure that they talk to the people who are going to be testing and make sure that they know, what metrics they need before they pick a tool, any tool - even if it isn't Jira.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Emanuela Ferrante - PeerSpot reviewer
Web Project Lead at Nikon Corp
Can be used by technical and non-technical people. Unfortunately some interesting Apps from the Marketplace are not available for the Cloud version.
  • "The board has been a very valuable feature because it can be very simple for teams that are not technical. It can also be highly technical and have lots of data for teams that are technical. So we use it for both instances."
  • "The next-generation software projects lack a lot, and I found quite a few bugs. There are some really basic things that you still cannot do. For instance, to put a mandatory due date for a task that you create in one of these projects is still not available. That's a bit of a block because people, especially those who are not technical, are not going to add anything if it's not mandatory. It's going to be difficult to teach them that they should do it anyway."

What is our primary use case?

We started using it in the eComm team for the website and all the digital projects. At the beginning was Jira for software development and the Confluence to move the communication away from our mailboxes. Now, we're also using it for marketing and campaign management. Confluence is now our single source of truth and, in general, we are using it in much more content-based projects.

How has it helped my organization?

In many ways: transparency, governance, new comers have a place where to find everything they need, email communications are kept to a miminum, project management is much easier. Also reporting to top management is improved, as there are a lot of nice features like roadmaps and dashboards that can be used for that.

What is most valuable?

The Kanban boards have been a very valuable feature because they can be either very simple for non-technical teams, but also highly detailed and data-driven for teams that are technical. We use them for both types of team.

Jira is also widely used, so whenever we start a collaboration with an agency/vendor we don't need to spend any time in deciding how are we going to communicate.

It is very flexible as well.

What needs improvement?

The next-generation software projects are very easy to use, but they lack a lot, and I found quite a few bugs. There are some really basic things that you still cannot do. For instance, setting a due date for a task that you create as mandatory is still not available. That's a bit of a blocker because people, especially those who are not technical, are not going to add anything if it's not mandatory. It's going to be difficult to teach them that they should do it anyway.

I'm trying to integrate these tools, and I'm trying to open them to different types of teams with different types of people. What I've found is that I read about a macro (App) or about a rule and think that it is what I need, but then find that things are not available for the cloud version. There are some features that are available only in the server version and not in the cloud version. I found a couple of add-ons that we were really interested in, and we couldn't use them because we're in the cloud version.

Sometimes when I tried to set up some macros/add-ons/apps, they didn't work well or were not flexible at all. For instance, you can add only one Excerpt macro to a specific page. And in the that area you cannot have a table, which means you cannot excerpt a table, only content. In general, if you follow the instructions they give you, it works, but when you try to adapt it to your actual needs, it often doesn't work anymore.

I've been using Jira for five years.

We started very small in just one team in the company, and then slowly we've started expanding it to other teams. Now, we are trying to roll it out to all the European digital teams.

We have had some big issues with customer support. Lately we have renewed our contract, and it has taken us two months to do so. There is no way to have a phone call with anybody. The chat is not there anymore. So, the only option is email, and these kinds of things are very difficult to communicate through email.

Two of us were contacting two or three different people from their costumer service till we found the one who was willing to go the extra mile and actually listen to what our issues were.

What other advice do I have?

Try to be tidy from day one because it can get messy very easily. Jira is very flexible, and you can still move and migrate stuff around. However, the reality is that nobody is going to have the time later on to migrate and clean-up. I also recommend starting small because at the beginning it can be scary, especially for non-technical people. I'm thinking about the amount of notifications you'll get, for instance.

I would definitely start small and then slowly, while people are getting used to it, keep implementing it and adding features like roadmaps or dashboards. Try to have a plan or a scheme of how you want it to look before you actually start.

It's a great product and is widely used, so I would rate it at 8 on a scale from 1 to 10.

Sr. Manager (TCoE) - ALM Platforms & PO &T IT at a pharma/biotech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
An agile solution which allows for planning and visibility, but lacks scalability and governance
  • "The product is good, stable and very cost-effective for small teams."
  • "As the solution is highly configurable, it has very poor governance."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the recent version.

We use it for story and sprint planning, as well as for reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution benefits our organization with its agility, planning and visibility in respect of large teams spanning different geo locations.

What is most valuable?

The tool is well known and popular to use.

The sprint planning is pretty good, as are the reporting piece, retrospective reporting and the planning board.

It is a great tool from the planning perspective, such as that of capacity and sprint planning.

What needs improvement?

As the solution is highly configurable, it has very poor governance. There is nothing which comes out of Jira to go into the product. It is free for all and anyone can create with it. This means that the responsibility lies with the user community to create some form of governance.

Moreover, the solution is geared to small teams. It lacks scalability.

The tool is not good at the enterprise level. This means that, depending on how the person installed the software, the issue of performance may increase commensurate with the number of projects. While plugin for x-ray exists, it is not that mature in test management. Although it's a good tool for many of the smaller clients, once a person goes deeper into it, it's not there, even though it will get the work done.

It is a less desirable solution in controlled environments, such as science, banking and finance, in which there is a need for certain compliance supports.

The solution is not that great for audit histories. It's a great tool when much integration is involved. With cold products, things can always be achieved through other means.

When the teams collaborate, they need multiple metrics to be tracked. With this comes the issue of direct impacts, such as the appearance of one's UI and its usability aspects. The screens have changed greatly in appearance over the last ten years. This is an issue which every software dealt with in line with the growth of usage and complexity.

I have been using Jira for nearly ten years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is good for small teams. It lacks scalability. It does not work well when it must be used across multiple domains and multiple teams which need to collaborate.

The Atlassian strategy is that the solution be open to all to encourage collaboration. But, this raises the issue of how to control the data input and the tool and all that it comprises in respect of the reporting that is generated. This means that poor data quality in the geo projects will equate with poor reporting on it.

As such, supplementation by the teams or organizations using it is required. They must come up with their own rules of governance about who can do what.

The product is not being extensively used at the moment. It is a niche product. I have not seen usage behind it. It involves ID users for certain teams.

We do not have plans to increase usage. This will depend on the feedback we receive.

I have not made use of technical support.

We did not switch to Jira. It is simply one of the products that we also use in addition to an in-house micro focus ALM.

While I was not involved in the initial setup, my understanding is that it is simple. Atlassian puts out many different products and I cannot say for certain how I would have handled ones which are on-premises, compared to those which are cloud-based or server products.

I am not in a position to comment on the licensing.

What other advice do I have?

We make use of the solution on Jira Cloud.

While I cannot say with certainty, I would estimate the number of users in our organization at a thousand-plus.

This figure contemplates different departments, such as that involving support.

My advice is that someone in a large enterprise first give consideration to the issue of governance before implementing the solution. For a small team it is ready to use straight out of the box. One need just try and stay with the default workflows. There is no need to overengineer the product.

The product is good, stable and very cost-effective for small teams. These are some of its advantages.

I rate Jira as a seven out of ten.

Programme Manager - Major Programmes Office at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good roadmaps and portfolio management with easy, transparent pricng
  • "Scaling the product wouldn't be difficult."
  • "We'd like to use it with non-Agile projects in the future, however, right now, it is a very Agile-focused product."

What is our primary use case?

We use it within our organization.

It's to handle all the main technology projects. It's for managing mobile banking, internet banking, all the new products, and all technology-related projects.

How has it helped my organization?

We get the big picture of what is going on within a project.

The solution allows us to provide access also to the senior management, to see how things are progressing and to point out quickly what's going on, and help to focus energy on the things that are not going well.

What is most valuable?

The main benefit we got from the product is the consolidation.

I like the roadmap or the new version with the roadmap that the solution offers. For us, the roadmap was a really great feature.

It's got very good portfolio management.

The initial setup is easy.

The licensing is transparent.

It's a stable solution.

Scaling the product wouldn't be difficult.

Whether you are an expert in Agile or just it's the first time you are talking about it, it's a very user-friendly tool. It's a very simple tool. It's not complicated and even the integration and the usage is very simple. You don't need to be an expert.

Whether you have small teams or big teams, it's the right tool.

What needs improvement?

In general, however, as a solution, it's quite complete and I cannot speak to any missing features.

I've been using the solution for one year now.

At the moment, we have not had any issues with stability. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

At this time, we are not tackling scaling at the moment. The organization is not mature enough to scale up.

That said, based on the experience we have had now, if we want to scale up, it should not be that difficult.

We have approximately 200 people on the solution currently. Those users are mainly comprised of the software development teams plus some portfolio managers and program managers and the project managers as well.

We do plan to increase usage in the future.

I have not had any interaction with them as we haven't had any major issues. We have a contract with the integrator, however. While everything is going well for the moment, we would have access to assistance if we needed it.

I've used Clarity, however, it was used in another organization.

The initial setup was not complex at all. It was very straightforward, very simple.

The full deployment took about three months.

We have four people capable of handling any management tasks related to Jira.

We had the setup services handled by a reseller of Jira.

It was a very good experience. It was very fast compared to what we expected from the contract. It was a nice surprise.

We have yet to see an ROI as it's been just one year, including the three months of implementation. Maybe in the next six months, we can have visibility on that. For the moment, it's still in progress. We cannot say anything about any ROI.

We pay a yearly licensing fee for an enterprise-level license.

It's quite similar to the pricing that they have on their website. It's quite transparent from their site. They have a package that charges per user, however, they have some scalable packages, for zero to 10 users, from 10 to 20, from 20 to 50, and so on. You can choose, depending on the size of your company or the number of users. The costs are quite transparent.

While everything is included in that package, the integration or the customization is a different fee. There's a project apart from the integrator, which may vary in cost.

What other advice do I have?

We are just customers and end-users.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. There's always room for improvement, however, it's a very good solution.

I would recommend the solution to others.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Download our free Jira Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: May 2022