We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Lynne Liu
Business Analyst at a recruiting/HR firm with 10,001+ employees
Has the option to type in a phone number and get a conference room to call my number rather than needing to dial in every time
  • "They have a feature called Call Me in which I need to type in my phone number and I can get a conference room to call my number rather than needing to dial in every time. I think that's a quite good feature."
  • "My company does a lot of international calls. For some countries they do not have their local number to call in, all they have is a 1-800 number which is quite hard to find. If they want to improve they should set up the local number to call in. What would be beneficial."

What is most valuable?

They have a feature called Call Me in which I need to type in my phone number and I can get a conference room to call my number rather than needing to dial in every time. I think that's a quite good feature.

What needs improvement?

My company does a lot of international calls. For some countries they do not have their local number to call in, all they have is a 1-800 number which is quite hard to find. If they want to improve they should set up the local number to call in. What would be beneficial.

I have been using Webex for the last two years.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. Our entire company uses it.

Our office alone is forty people and I know other offices use it as well but I'm not sure about the exact number.

We have an IT department that handles the maintenance and then a go-to person if we do have issues.

I haven't had any issues with Webex that I've needed to contact their support for.

We were previously using GoToMeeting in which we would share our screens but I think in Webex there's a whiteboard, where you can draw. I don't think we had that option with GoToMeeting.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Webex. I'm currently using and I'm happy with it. It has all of the features that our business needs. For example, our manager can call in and they also have their conference number which you can dial in as well and you can dial in using your phone, or you can use your computer video. It's easy to share a screen and turn your video on and off.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Head of Security Services at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good platform for internal chat and ad hoc meetings
  • "One of the most valuable features of WebEx is that it's very quick for ad hoc meetings, and I use it all day, every day, for internal chat with my team. It's just a good platform."
  • "The performance of WebEx could be improved. If you're using it on a mobile device and on the laptop, you sometimes get glitches, where you've answered the call or joined a meeting on a laptop and your mobile device doesn't quite know what's going on. It may just be technical glitches, but it seems to be a bit shaky sometimes on mobile devices."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use WebEx as our internal chat platform, as well as ad hoc meetings and client meetings.

This solution is cloud-based, so we are always using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features of WebEx is that it's very quick for ad hoc meetings, and I use it all day, every day, for internal chat with my team. It's just a good platform.

What needs improvement?

The performance of WebEx could be improved. If you're using it on a mobile device and on the laptop, you sometimes get glitches, where you've answered the call or joined a meeting on a laptop and your mobile device doesn't quite know what's going on. It may just be technical glitches, but it seems to be a bit shaky sometimes on mobile devices.

I have been using WebEx for about a year or so.

The stability seemed fine, for our use.

The scalability is fine.

There are probably about 50-60 of us using it internally and, to a degree, with some of our external clients and consultants.

I have never personally contacted technical support, but my team has.

We also use Teams and Zoom. WebEx is a bit clunky for lots of external meetings, so we also use Teams because a lot of our clients have it. Teams also has IMing, but WebEx is sort of defaulted as our major platform, internally.

The installation is very straightforward. I can do it myself, and it took a couple of minutes. You don't need a technical team.

I implemented this solution myself.

What other advice do I have?

I rate WebEx a nine out of ten. It's a pretty good platform and it does what you expect from it.

Learn what your peers think about Webex. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,143 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Business Performance Management Professional at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Straightforward to access and easy to use but sometimes we have connectivity issues
  • "We can do the global meeting with this solution."
  • "Sometimes we've had issues with the connection."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for virtual meetings. My company is using the Cisco WebEx for most of their meetings.

What is most valuable?

It's very easy to access.

It's straightforward to use and navigate around.

We can do the global meeting with this solution.

Once you have an account, you can always set up meetings with people via Outlook. It's very simple. If you need to, you can just simply share the link with the people.

Users can connect from anywhere. If they have internet access or they have a phone, they can join a meeting.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes we've had issues with the connection.

We've been using the solution since that pandemic started. We've used it for a few years now.

The stability is pretty good. We had a multi-meeting, multi-location connected meeting, and it worked pretty well. We needed help from our IT team to set it up, however, once it has started, it worked well. It didn't crash or freeze. There weren't glitches.

The solution can scale well and we haven't faced any limitations. We've had a global meeting without issue, for example.

Our entire organization uses the solution. There are thousands of employees.

We normally deal with our own IT team and not outside technical support. Therefore, I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult.

I can't speak to the cost. I don't handle the billing aspects of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. It offers a good connection and is easy to use, however, sometimes we see there's a connectivity issue.

SYED RAHMAN
Founder and President at AAnnex
Perfect for remote meetings, excellent feature offerings, and a professional UI
  • "It's easy to dial the numbers and the process of connecting a call is very intuitive."
  • "Sometimes the call quality is not that great. When you call in, especially in an international situation, or if you have people calling from different continents or geographical locations, there can be issues with the call itself."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to handle our remote meetings. If we need to have international meetings or client meetings, we use this solution. We also use it if we need to share desktops remotely or remotely control a customer's environment. We use it to record calls as well.

What is most valuable?

All the features the solution offers are great. The sharing control menu is very easy to use, especially when you compare it to a technology like Zoom. It also looks and feels very professional. The user interface is great. The layout is quite nice and it's not offensive in any way which lends itself to a certain level of professionalism during calls.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the call quality is not that great. When you call in, especially in an international situation, or if you have people calling from different continents or geographical locations, there can be issues with the call itself.

I would like to see improved chatting functionality. The chat boxes need to be more prominent. It would be nice if you could edit your chat, and easily add attachments into it, similar to Slack, to make it easier to share, sidebar, and communicate during calls. It's very important to add some sort of editing function into the chats. You want to be professional and fix any mistakes and not just leave them there.

I've been using the solution for five years now.

I'd rate technical support at a seven out of ten. They're okay. I haven't used them too much.

What other advice do I have?

We have a business relationship with WebEx. We're a solution partner.

I personally am a cloud architect and I work for many international companies.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

CyberSecurity Venture Partner - Americas at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
A thin client with a good interface that is easy to use
  • "Webex is a thin client and we like the interface. It is easy to use."
  • "I would like to see additional online chat capabilities"

What is our primary use case?

We were using Webex to meet with clients and also for internal consumption within the company.

What is most valuable?

Webex is a thin client and we like the interface. It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see additional online chat capabilities. You had to launch the app pretty much all of the time. These are areas where Webex can do a little better.

It could be easier to integrate with Calendar.

We have not experienced any bugs, glitches, or connection problems.

Prior to transitioning to teams, we had between 120,000 and 150,000 users.

We made the transition from Webex to Microsoft Teams and now use Teams for the most part.

The reason that we moved is that we're a Microsoft shop and we have a relationship with them. Microsoft is a diamond partner whereas Cisco is a gold partner.

We have seen this as a general pattern, where people move away from WebEx into either Teams or other collaboration tools. Webex is in the cloud but if they had more economical options, or any additional features compared to Teams and other products, it might be a value add.

The initial setup was okay.

This is an expensive product compared to Teams and it should be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, we were really happy with it but decided to leverage Teams instead.

Cyber Security Consultant at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Useful for virtual meetings, but stability needs improvement
  • "A valuable feature of Webex is that it's useful for virtual meetings and similar webinars."
  • "Webex's stability could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of Webex is virtual conferences.

Webex is cloud-based.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Webex's stability could be improved.

I have been using Webex for more than six years.

Webex should be more stable. I have had some problems with connection, and it can be complicated in some areas.

This solution is scalable.

The installation is straightforward, but it can be tricky parts when opening a session on your mobile phone or laptop.

Webex is expensive, especially compared to Zoom or Google.

Zoom or Google could be good solutions for medium-sized or cost-conscious companies. However, not every country in the world can use all software—in some countries you cannot use Google, in some you cannot use Webex.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Webex a seven out of ten. Whether I would recommend Webex to others depends on the size and policy of a company. If they decide that they want to have an image or a reputation to show that they are a big corporation, and use a high brand product, they could use Webex. However, if they're just a medium company and very cost-conscious, then there are other options. It really depends on the image of your company, as well as your network condition.

PAM Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
The screen-sharing tools and audio controls are nice
  • "I like WebEx's stability and ease of use. The screen-sharing tools and audio controls are also nice."
  • "I was in a meeting on the free version where there were no controls. You couldn't mute somebody or put it in dedicated speaker mode. It was an important meeting, and because of the lack of an ability to control who the speakers were, we got a version of a heckler. Well, it wasn't really a heckler per se. It was just somebody who thinks they know everything."

What is most valuable?

I like WebEx's stability and ease of use. The screen-sharing tools and audio controls are also nice.

What needs improvement?

I've had a WebEx account for more than 10 years.

WebEx is stable. It works.

I don't use WebEx for large meetings, but it can scale up. I work in tandem with another guy in the automotive space. He has regular meetings of anywhere from 16 to 30 people. He can easily manage the speakers and things like that. He pays for the subscription and gets all the features because he needs them.

Installing WebEx is straightforward. It's just a couple of clicks on an executable installer. You can log in with an ID or not.

I use the free version, not the enterprise version. The only compelling reason to go for paid WebEx pay is if you're hosting large meetings.

What other advice do I have?

I rate WebEx 10 out of 10.

Technical Architect at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Easy to deploy, good screen sharing, and it offers dial-in numbers for meeting participants
  • "The most valuable option is screen sharing."
  • "I would like to see the addition of new features that will add value to the product."

What is our primary use case?

We have online meetings using Webex, which include sharing our screens and running different kinds of scenarios.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable option is screen sharing.

Webex offers dial-in numbers for participants to join the conference, which makes it easier when we deal with international participants.

This solution is easy to deploy and integrates well.

The recording of sessions works well.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the addition of new features that will add value to the product. These include things including a faster save or download time for conferences.

I have been using Webex for two years.

We haven't had any problems with stability.

This is a scalable solution. We have about 400,000 employees who can each use Webex.

We have an internal team and haven't had any problems that required contacting technical support.

it is very easy to install and we didn't have any challenges with it.

What other advice do I have?

As an end-consumer, I think that the product is fine. I am happy with all of the features and happy with the product overall. It is one that I recommend. Any new features coming in at the point are just going to add value.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Product Categories
Virtual Meetings
Download our free Webex Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.