IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
IT manager at a hospitality company with 1,001-5,000 employees
One aspect we like most is that the audio is clear
  • "WebEx provides the option to record the chat or delete it. You can also dial into the video on your mobile to communicate with the engineer or whoever. One aspect we like most is that the audio is clear. That is one of the most valuable features of WebEx."
  • "I would like it if Webex's mobile interface had all the same application integration as the desktop. Maybe the applications work on mobile as well, but we have not tried it yet."

What is our primary use case?

We use Webex to provide remote support and OEM access if we have any problems.

What is most valuable?

WebEx provides the option to record the chat or delete it. You can also dial into the video on your mobile to communicate with the engineer or whoever. One aspect we like most is that the audio is clear. That is one of the most valuable features of WebEx.

What needs improvement?

I would like it if Webex's mobile interface had all the same application integration as the desktop. Maybe the applications work on mobile as well, but we have not tried it yet.

We started using Webex in 2019, so we've been using it for about two years.
Webex
April 2022
Learn what your peers think about Webex. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2022.
598,116 professionals have used our research since 2012.

In the time that we've been using Webex, we haven't seen any jerking or lag on in the remote sessions. The performance is smooth compared to other third-party applications.

We don't need to scale Webex because I work in a data center. We don't have many people working at the same time, and we're working in shifts, so 10 people clock in, and 10 clock out. That means we only need 10 licenses.

Cisco support is great.

We tried Zoom, Team Viewer, and another solution. We prefer Webex because it works well on the web application compared to others.

Installing Webex is simple. It doesn't take more than half an hour or 45 minutes tops, and there is no maintenance after installation.

Features matter more than the price for us. As long as we get all the features we want and it fits our budget, then the price doesn't matter. I can't speak for other companies. We have tried other applications, and we run into some problems that we don't see in Webex.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Webex 10 out of 10. We've recommended it to many of the companies we work with. Two or three out of 10 have gone with Webex.

Denny Oommen - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Manager-Collaboration (Presales) at syndrometech
You get 1,000 participants per meeting by default and can join from 75 meeting units
  • "Webex's main feature is you get 1,000 participants per meeting by default and can join from 75 meeting units. You don't have to buy additional licenses."
  • "Zoom entered into the commercial space for end-users. It's more of a solution for single users for training classes or music centers and all that. Cisco is not in that space."

What is our primary use case?

We use Webex for virtual meetings.

What is most valuable?

I've been using Webex for 14 years.

Webex is very global. Cisco developed it, and the guy who founded Zoom was part of Webex before Cisco acquired it.

Webex support is absolutely great.

The requirements are the same as Zoom. It's all about the same. We take the customer's order and get a provisioning form. They just have to enter whatever URL they want. It's something like abcd.webex.com. They will be the admin, and we will take the email they give us. We will put that in, and once I have provisioned it, he gets a mail saying it is done and we call them to say it's ready.

He gets the email and clicks on that link to set up his password. Once he has set up his password, he can start administering and doing whatever he wants. For example, he can add the rest of the users.

Earlier, Webex was relatively expensive. However, now that there is more competition in the market, they have lowered the price and added more features to match Zoom.

Cisco comes up with new updates and features every month. More features, and now they have acquired some companies and put together some features that others don't have. They acquired Slido and integrated some of its features.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Webex 10 out of 10. Webex is good. I deployed it at a bank just five ago, and I'm expecting another order for Webex tomorrow. Webex has huge customers because they were already there in the enterprise space.

Zoom entered into the commercial space for end-users. It's more of a solution for single users for training classes or music centers and all that. Cisco is not in that space. Cisco is the enterprise space. We got an order for 50 licenses for city governments in India yesterday.

Webex
April 2022
598,116 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Technical III - IT Security at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to install and use, and the remote control features are helpful
  • "Webex is easy to use, even for people who are just learning it."
  • "This solution would be much better if we could install an endpoint and have centralized management."

What is our primary use case?

I use Webex for having meetings in the cloud. For example, sometimes I use it for technical reviews with my team, and sometimes, I used it for education.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the remote control. I can share my screen, or control other PCs, which are very good features. I can do all of this from home without having to travel.

Webex is easy to use, even for people who are just learning it. They can join meetings or share content with the click of a link.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be much better if we could install an endpoint and have centralized management. This would allow me to subscribe, push an endpoint to the client, and then control these points.

I would like to see the inclusion of security agents, for example from McAfee or Symantec, which can scan the communication for threats. This would help avoid problems if a user has malware on their machine. Webex would also be able to scan for malicious files.

I have been using Webex for three years.

The stability is very good and Cisco is doing a great job with it. We use it on a regular basis.

This is a scalable product. In the past three years, I have not faced any issues related to scalability.

I have been in touch with Cisco support and they are very good. For enterprise-level organizations, I find them very good.

I have also used GoToMeeting and Zoom. I found that Webex is easier to use than these other products.

This cloud-based solution is very easy to install, with only a single click.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is simply that if this product fits the requirements then people should just start using it. It is very easy to use and can't be complicated, even for non-professional users.

Deputy Director: IS/ICT Technical Development at a legal firm with 10,001+ employees
Virtual meeting, video conferencing, and collaboration tool which offers easy setup and deployment, ease of use, and top-notch support
  • "Stable and scalable solution for video conferencing, virtual meetings, and collaboration, with top-notch technical support."
  • "There were some latency issues that could have been addressed if they had a data center in our location, e.g. the African region."

What is most valuable?

One of the best things about Webex which I liked was that it was simple and to the point. It separated its video conferencing capabilities from other extra capabilities, so you had two different products for the virtual meetings and for collaboration. This separation, these different products, made it easy to do what you wanted to do, and to get to the point of what you wanted to do.

What needs improvement?

The only reason why we could not stay with Webex was because they didn't have a data center in the African region. There were latency issues as well, so we couldn't continue using the tool. These are its areas for improvement. Other than these issues, there's no other area for improvement, because Webex is good the way it is.

Having a data center in the African region will help improve the latency issues, without incurring additional costs. There is a way that you can improve the latency issues, but you have to buy hardware from Cisco to put into your data center. Not a lot of companies would like to do that.

I've used Webex a year ago, for six months.

We found the stability of this solution satisfying.

We were satisfied with the scalability of Webex.

My rating for Cisco tech support is ten out of ten. Bruno, who handled our issues, was top-notch. Anything we needed, Bruno was on top of it. He was top-notch, so 100%, it's a ten out of ten.

The initial setup and deployment of Webex was easy and straightforward. It was on point, and there were no issues.

I evaluated Microsoft Teams.

What other advice do I have?

We used an open-source license for Webex.

We had 2,500 users of Webex. The meetings we had using it had a maximum of 2,500 users.

I'm rating Webex a ten out of ten, functionality-wise.

Senior Manager at RP Sanjiv Goenka Group
Stable, secure, and works without issue
  • "The product is quite secure. Other products, such as Zoom, have had security issues raised in the media."
  • "The interface could be a bit more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We only use the solution for virtual meetings.

What is most valuable?

The stability, as well as the performance of the solution, are very good.

What we have seen from, for example, Google Meet, is that there is some kind of disruption or some issues which we have been facing. However, with WebEx, we have not faced any kind of issue.

The product is quite secure. Other products, such as Zoom, have had security issues raised in the media. With WebEx, we are assured our internal meetings are protected.

What needs improvement?

The interface could be a bit more user-friendly.

We first had it installed with the pandemic started. We've been using it since around 2020.

The product is quite stable and the performance is good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

We have our own internal support. We have one manager and four or five engineers who basically handle all issues. I don't directly deal with the troubleshooting and cannot speak to the process.

I'm also familiar with Zoom and Google Meet. We use these as well as WebEx. In fact, before we started using WebEx, we used Google Meet specifically.

Prior to that, we had more physical, in-person meetings, however, the pandemic has changed how we do meetings now, and we do much more virtual meetings.

WebEx is more secure than, for example, Zoom.

As a cloud-based solution, the initial implementation is quite simple and straightforward. It's not complete or difficult at all. There is no physical installation required.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. I cannot speak to the exact version number.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been pretty happy with its capabilities overall.

I would definitely recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

Head of Security Services at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good platform for internal chat and ad hoc meetings
  • "One of the most valuable features of WebEx is that it's very quick for ad hoc meetings, and I use it all day, every day, for internal chat with my team. It's just a good platform."
  • "The performance of WebEx could be improved. If you're using it on a mobile device and on the laptop, you sometimes get glitches, where you've answered the call or joined a meeting on a laptop and your mobile device doesn't quite know what's going on. It may just be technical glitches, but it seems to be a bit shaky sometimes on mobile devices."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use WebEx as our internal chat platform, as well as ad hoc meetings and client meetings.

This solution is cloud-based, so we are always using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features of WebEx is that it's very quick for ad hoc meetings, and I use it all day, every day, for internal chat with my team. It's just a good platform.

What needs improvement?

The performance of WebEx could be improved. If you're using it on a mobile device and on the laptop, you sometimes get glitches, where you've answered the call or joined a meeting on a laptop and your mobile device doesn't quite know what's going on. It may just be technical glitches, but it seems to be a bit shaky sometimes on mobile devices.

I have been using WebEx for about a year or so.

The stability seemed fine, for our use.

The scalability is fine.

There are probably about 50-60 of us using it internally and, to a degree, with some of our external clients and consultants.

I have never personally contacted technical support, but my team has.

We also use Teams and Zoom. WebEx is a bit clunky for lots of external meetings, so we also use Teams because a lot of our clients have it. Teams also has IMing, but WebEx is sort of defaulted as our major platform, internally.

The installation is very straightforward. I can do it myself, and it took a couple of minutes. You don't need a technical team.

I implemented this solution myself.

What other advice do I have?

I rate WebEx a nine out of ten. It's a pretty good platform and it does what you expect from it.

Business Performance Management Professional at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Straightforward to access and easy to use but sometimes we have connectivity issues
  • "We can do the global meeting with this solution."
  • "Sometimes we've had issues with the connection."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for virtual meetings. My company is using the Cisco WebEx for most of their meetings.

What is most valuable?

It's very easy to access.

It's straightforward to use and navigate around.

We can do the global meeting with this solution.

Once you have an account, you can always set up meetings with people via Outlook. It's very simple. If you need to, you can just simply share the link with the people.

Users can connect from anywhere. If they have internet access or they have a phone, they can join a meeting.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes we've had issues with the connection.

We've been using the solution since that pandemic started. We've used it for a few years now.

The stability is pretty good. We had a multi-meeting, multi-location connected meeting, and it worked pretty well. We needed help from our IT team to set it up, however, once it has started, it worked well. It didn't crash or freeze. There weren't glitches.

The solution can scale well and we haven't faced any limitations. We've had a global meeting without issue, for example.

Our entire organization uses the solution. There are thousands of employees.

We normally deal with our own IT team and not outside technical support. Therefore, I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult.

I can't speak to the cost. I don't handle the billing aspects of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. It offers a good connection and is easy to use, however, sometimes we see there's a connectivity issue.

SYED RAHMAN - PeerSpot reviewer
Founder and President at AAnnex
Perfect for remote meetings, excellent feature offerings, and a professional UI
  • "It's easy to dial the numbers and the process of connecting a call is very intuitive."
  • "Sometimes the call quality is not that great. When you call in, especially in an international situation, or if you have people calling from different continents or geographical locations, there can be issues with the call itself."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to handle our remote meetings. If we need to have international meetings or client meetings, we use this solution. We also use it if we need to share desktops remotely or remotely control a customer's environment. We use it to record calls as well.

What is most valuable?

All the features the solution offers are great. The sharing control menu is very easy to use, especially when you compare it to a technology like Zoom. It also looks and feels very professional. The user interface is great. The layout is quite nice and it's not offensive in any way which lends itself to a certain level of professionalism during calls.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the call quality is not that great. When you call in, especially in an international situation, or if you have people calling from different continents or geographical locations, there can be issues with the call itself.

I would like to see improved chatting functionality. The chat boxes need to be more prominent. It would be nice if you could edit your chat, and easily add attachments into it, similar to Slack, to make it easier to share, sidebar, and communicate during calls. It's very important to add some sort of editing function into the chats. You want to be professional and fix any mistakes and not just leave them there.

I've been using the solution for five years now.

I'd rate technical support at a seven out of ten. They're okay. I haven't used them too much.

What other advice do I have?

We have a business relationship with WebEx. We're a solution partner.

I personally am a cloud architect and I work for many international companies.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

Download our free Webex Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: April 2022