IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Moshe Golan - PeerSpot reviewer
BI/Qlikview Architect at DataForce Ltd.
Great for building formulas, good integration with other apps, and very stable
  • "The integration with other applications is pretty good."
  • "If two people update the same file, it causes issues."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for Excel, for analyzing data, and PowerPoint, for presentations.

What is most valuable?

There aren't any features that jump out at me as being valuable. The Excel application's ability to handle spreadsheets and calculations if very useful. The integration with other applications is pretty good.

What needs improvement?

There's a matter of sharing with other users. If someone is working on it or disconnects from the mutual storage, I need to save it as is and I need to override it. I cannot work together with other users on the same document. That may be possible on the cloud version of Office 365, however, I'm not sure as we use the desktop version. This is one issue we have with the solution. If two people update the same file, it causes issues.

I've only been at this company for three months, and two months in the office. I've been using Office 365 since I arrived.
Office 365
May 2022
Learn what your peers think about Office 365. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2022.
598,116 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is quite stable. I haven't had any issues so fr. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't freeze or crash. It's very reliable.

I'm not sure if scalability is an issue for this kind of application. In our organization, there are hundreds or maybe even thousands of users. Everybody probably has some instance of it, whether it's on the cloud or on-prem. it's pretty prevalent across departments. We are a huge company. For all of the applications we use, we have 20-30 people engaging in the support of all the projects, and not this solution in particular. My understanding is the organization is planning to move exclusively to Office 365 and probably to the cloud. That's the next step we are taking.

I have never personally dealt with technical support, however, I believe it to be quite good.

I don't believe the organization used a different product before this solution was implemented.

The initial setup was straightforward. It wasn't complex at all. However, I'm used to working in the Microsoft environment. I'm not sure how long deployment actually takes.

I don't know if we used an integrator or reseller to assist in the installation of the product, as I only really started at the company a few months ago.

I don't deal with accounting, so I'm unsure as to what the licensing costs would be.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Microsoft customer. We don't have a business relationship with them. I believe I'm using the 2019 version of the solution. While this version is on-premise, it's my understanding that the organization is testing the cloud version for future deployment. I would certainly recommend this product to others. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Laurent-PIGNOL - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Information Officer at BeeBryte
Allows us to collaborate through Microsoft Teams and maintain a documentation repository
  • "We use it for documentation management, to collaborate with Microsoft Teams, web calls, web conference calls, chats, and as a documentation repository mainly. We have an Office pack suite to be able to write documentation, make spreadsheets, and create PowerPoints."
  • "The integration with mobile services is not so good. It's coming, but they could improve a lot."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to collaborate. We use it for documentation management, to collaborate with Microsoft Teams, web calls, web conference calls, chats, and as a documentation repository mainly. We have an Office pack suite to be able to write documentation, make spreadsheets, and create PowerPoints.

We are also using Microsoft Bookings to have calendars and automatic booking with people. At the moment, we are also using Microsoft Flow to be able to integrate between our CRM and SharePoint.

What is most valuable?

It's a very good suite. I did a survey, and our people are very happy using Microsoft.

What needs improvement?

The price is getting more and more expensive. They increased the price recently.

We are thinking about the way we are using our ERP and our CRM. The integration with ERP is not so good, but mainly due to the ERP, not due to Office. For integration with CRM, we are using Pipedrive.

The phone systems are expensive at the moment. The integration with mobile services is not so good. It's coming, but they could improve a lot.

I have been using this solution personally for many years. My company moved to Office 365 in September.

It's magic. We had many issues with our previous open source solution Nextcloud, and now we rarely have any incidents. Those who are using this solution in my company are very happy with it.

We installed the solution by ourselves and encountered some issues. We had some questions for technical support and they provided the answers, so it was quite efficient.

I would rate them a 5 out of 5 because they were very fast and precise.

We were using the Nextcloud open source tool.

It was quite easy considering our expertise, which was not very high. I trained my team thanks to Wiki and online documentation. It was okay. We did not use any partners.

We did the installation in-house.

For the moment, we are paying on a monthly basis because we are still adapting the support and how we want to proceed. I think we will move to paying for the annual license.

We are planning to switch from Office 365 to Microsoft 365, because we will deploy the security part and the configuration management part with Microsoft Defender and Intel.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10.

Some people might be disappointed with this solution because I discovered that for my team, it wasn't so easy for them to use at the start. I provided all the links for online training for Microsoft, but sometimes when we have new people, they don't know. The training is really well done. Everybody's able to manage and to use it after following the online training.

Office 365
May 2022
598,116 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Managing Consultant at a consultancy with 201-500 employees
Easy to use with lots of great applications and easy to access from anywhere
  • "The solution is quite intuitive and easy to use."
  • "I'm not sure if there are areas of improvement. For us, it's working quite well."

What is most valuable?

I like quite a few of the applications included in the solution, including OneDrive as well as Teams.

The solution offers all of the Office features, that we have access to and can use whenever we need to.

The solution can be accessed from anywhere. You don't have to be in the office or at your desktop to use it.

The solution is quite intuitive and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution since the original launch of the product itself. I'm not sure how long it's been. I believe it's been about ten years or so. It may have been since 2011.

The stability of the solution is great. We don't have any bugs or glitches. We don't have it freezing on us. It's reliable.

The scalability is okay. However, we have such a large organization, and because IT has to enact it, it takes a while to do each one by one. In order to scale, a company simply has to buy more licenses, so, from that perspective, it's easy.

I never deal with technical support directly. We have an in-house IT department that we go to when we need help or have issues.

For example, iinitially I had some issues with the setup of Office 365 on my mobile. However, it wasn't an Office 365 issue. It was all due to some of the company's internal security policies. Our own IT team procured the licenses, so they dealt with the issue, meaning I never had to actually go back to Microsoft for that or make a call to them.

The initial setup was not complex at all. It was easy for our organization. The implementation is something that is taken care of by the end user's IT team, so I didn't actually handle it myself. Once it's set up, it is easy to use. It's not very difficult; everything is clear. Once you start using it, you'll see it's a very good tool.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have any business relationship with Microsoft.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

I'd recommend the solution. It's very easy to use and extremely practical. We find it quite useful within our organization.

We don't use any comparable products, so it's hard to rate the solution in comparison to alternative offerings, however, generally, I'd rate the product nine out of ten.

Associate Vice President - Office of Strategic Management at Sakthi Finance Ltd,
Feature rich, great for collaboration, and reasonably priced
  • "There's a lot there in terms of apps and features."
  • "We have found that, with Teams, if you are including one more person who is not in the company ecosystem, supposedly I'm inviting them as a guest in the chat. However, when I do that, I can't share files."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution alongside Sharepoint and Teams.

It's primarily used for collaborative work. We use Teams, for example, to stay connected. Word we are using as a word processor. Then for exchanging emails we are using Microsoft Outlook. There are also certain basic analytics that we are using this Excel. We're taking advantage of the whole suite of tools.

What is most valuable?

It's a good solution in general. It's very feature-rich.

The product is a very good collaborative tool.

We are using the entire Microsoft product, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Apart from, them, we are also using Teams. There's a lot there in terms of apps and features.

The Channels and Microsoft Teams are the most valuable aspects of the product.

The initial setup is simple.

It is a very stable product.

You can scale the solution if you want to.

The cost of the product is not overly expensive.

What needs improvement?

We find that there is an abundance of features. Nothing is missing for us right now.

We have found that, with Teams, if you are including one more person who is not in the company ecosystem, supposedly I'm inviting them as a guest in the chat. However, when I do that, I can't share files.

I've been using the product for the last two years. It hasn't been too long just yet.

The solution is stable. There aren't bugs. It's not glitchy. It doesn't crash or freeze. it's reliable.

The product can scale. It's not an issue.

Not everyone is using it in our company right now.

The setup has been pretty simple and straightforward. We haven't had any issues. It's not overly difficult.

We are using the Enterprise Edition. We pay a yearly subscription fee on a per-user basis. It's reasonably priced.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user. I don't have a specific business relationship with Microsoft.

It's all cloud-based. Therefore, we are always using the current version. It's a product that automatically updates itself.

Before using Microsoft Office 365, some sort of familiarity is required. Most people are aware of Word or Excel or PowerPoint, however, if they're using Teams, they should have some sort of in-field training.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. It has all t business tools that most companies require to run a business effectively. It is useful.

Manas Jain - PeerSpot reviewer
Director - R&D at Axtria - Ingenious Insights
Promotes collaboration and we can access our documents from anywhere
  • "Using Office 365 has allowed us to go digital and onboard people seamlessly for working at home during the COVID pandemic."
  • "Integration with other platforms can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for document management.

We use Sharepoint for managing documents, Teams for collaboration, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook for email management. We also use the document creator for creating internal surveys.

How has it helped my organization?

Using Office 365 has allowed us to go digital and onboard people seamlessly for working at home during the COVID pandemic.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that we can access our documents from anywhere. If we aren't using our official laptops, we can still go online to work. I think it helps a lot.

What needs improvement?

Integration with other platforms can be improved. As it is now, it works really well with Azure and other products from Microsoft. However, if you want to integrate something outside of this, especially with Excel, it gives us challenges. There are a lot of use cases in Excel where we want to integrate with other services.

I have been using Office 365 for the past couple of years.

I think that Office 365 is pretty stable. We are using it pretty extensively and I have not encountered any major issues.

I'm pretty sure that this platform is very scalable because now, almost everybody is working from home and using it. We have between 1,500 and 1,600 users who are scattered across geography. Approximately 1,300 are in India and the remainder is spread across the US.

I do not deal with technical support personally, although because we haven't had any major issues, I think that our interaction with them has been smooth.

Prior to using Office 365, we were using the on-premises version.

I would not say that the initial setup is complex. Rather, it is of medium difficulty, somewhere between straightforward and complex.

Once we decided to use Office 365, we were able to onboard people seamlessly. We were able to quickly start working with Team, Skype, and other products.

Our internal IT team took charge of the implementation and deployment. They were able to complete it without assistance. The deployment is now fairly automatic for new people and there is very little time spent on maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, the features are really good, it has made our lives easy, and I highly recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Sunil Mehta - PeerSpot reviewer
Director, Customer Success at SAP
Highly stable, beneficial bundled package, and straightforward implementation
  • "The most valuable feature of Office 365 is that it has many solutions bundled together."
  • "Sometimes the configurations of the error troubleshooting are pretty problematic and there are a lot of issues that happen even if you follow the step-by-step guides. They can work on fixing this issue. If there are a lot of issues in your Windows or your Office or anything, you restart your PC and it works. They need to get rid of this need."

What is our primary use case?

I am using Office 365 for emails, presentations, spreadsheets, documents, PDF conversions, creation of PDFs, whiteboarding on the conference calls, OneNote for taking notes, and OneDrive for data storage.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Office 365 is that it has many solutions bundled together.

What needs improvement?

While using Microsoft OneDrive, which is part of Office 365, we use it to store all our data files. At this point in time, OneDrive doesn't support PST files. PST files are for our Outlook data. OneDrive doesn't take backup of the PST files, which is a big setback.

In the future release, there should be better automation. When you're scheduling a meeting, it should be in an automated way, it should prove us with more information about kind room slots. If there is a travel booking that is coming onto your email, it should go ahead and block your calendar as well in accordance with the times. This is an Outlook-related suggestion.

On PowerPoint, there could be more templates that could be added in, which makes your job slightly easier when you're designing something.

Excel, I think is a phenomenal solution, the only problem is it becomes very heavy as data increases. If they can work towards compression, that should be helpful.

I have been using Office 365 since they launched the solution.

The stability of Office 365 is fantastic.

Office 365 is scalable.

We have 40,000 people using the solution in my organization.

We use our internal support for Office 365.

Office 365 is very straightforward to implement.

There is a license required to use this solution.

The price of Office 365 is very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others, it is a very good solution.

I rate Office 365 a nine out of ten because I have faced certain issues, such as the solution crashing. If there are solution issues, it's difficult to resolve and that's the reason why I'm taking that one point away. Office 365t helps me do my job,  I'm very happy with the products.

Assistant Administrator at PostsTechnohub Limited
High level support, flexible, and useful automation
  • "The most innovative feature of Office 365 is the Power Apps, which allows us to automate literally everything that we want automated. For example, sending attachments to specific folders on SharePoint, adding people's SharePoint when certain apps are performed, or emailing certain people at certain instances, such as when you've done a follow-up with the CRM and you need a marketing email to be sent out at a particular point."
  • "I rate the support of Office 365 a four out of five."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Office 365 mainly for emails, document storage, SharePoint, and the Power Apps to build our own in-house applications.

What is most valuable?

The most innovative feature of Office 365 is the Power Apps, which allows us to automate literally everything that we want automated. For example, sending attachments to specific folders on SharePoint, adding people's SharePoint when certain apps are performed, or emailing certain people at certain instances, such as when you've done a follow-up with the CRM and you need a marketing email to be sent out at a particular point.

I have been using Office 365 for approximately two years.

Office 365 is stable.

We have found Office 365 to be scalable.

We have approximately 25 people using this solution in my organization. All of our departments are using it.

The organization is growing rapidly, as we onboard more users, we'll be using Office 365 a bit more. We typically recommend Office 365 to our clients. The feedback that we have received from our clients is it's a solution they're willing to stay with.

Support Office 365 is at a high level. Any time I have an issue, support is always there. Whether it's by email or call back, the response is very prompt. I usually receive my issues resolved within less than eight hours.

I rate the support of Office 365 a four out of five.

The setup of Office 365 was straightforward because I'm the one who did the initial setup as my background is in web dev. Additionally, starting the configuration was pretty easy for me.

A hybrid deployment of Office 365 took approximately two days to have all their emails migrated and everyone up and running.

We did the implementation in-house.

We have a license to use this solution. We have an E3 license which covers many different solutions.

We have evaluated other solutions and we settled on Office 365 because of the stability and flexibility.

What other advice do I have?

Office 365 itself is very organization-friendly,  if you're an organization that is looking for a solution that will sort out all your office problems, then definitely it's a solution that you'd be looking for.

I rate Office 365 an eight out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Crm/Business Intelligence administrator at Kc firiakis LTD
Reasonably priced with a good user interface and great Excel formulas
  • "It's inexpensive to license."
  • "I'd like to see them add more features in the future in order to continue to advance the product."

What is our primary use case?

Within this solution, I've been using Excel most of the time, as well as Microsoft Word. Excel is the main reason to use this product, however.

What is most valuable?

The formulas are great. You can play with Excel and you can put the formulas in and kill some time. It is very, very useful for the user.

The solution is quite stable.

It's inexpensive to license.

The user interface is great.

The solution gives users a lot of different options.

What needs improvement?

I don't see any areas of improvement right now in terms of features. That said, I'd like to see them add more features in the future in order to continue to advance the product.

I've been using the solution over the last six months, and I have been using it quite regularly.

The solution is very stable. This is true, especially in Excel. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's a very reliable product.

The scalability is great. I would rate it a ten out of ten.

I would estimate that 80% of the people in our company are using Excel. That's over 60 people, for sure.

I've never directly dealt with technical support in the past.

I didn't handle the initial setup. I can't speak about if it is simple or complex to execute.

Someone from within our organization handled the initial setup.

We do pay a monthly licensing fee, however, I cannot speak to what the exact costs are for the company.

It's not overly expensive. It's my understanding that it is a pretty inexpensive product.

I'd rate the cost a two out of ten in terms of how expensive it is.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user. I'm not sure which version of the solution I am using.

I'd advise those who want to use the solution, especially Excel, that they should do some studying first. It will make everything easier once you start using it.

I'd rate the solution a nine out of ten. It's great. It's a really excellent solution.