We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
AndreeaSoloi
Process Excellence Manager at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
User
Great process management with good collaboration capabilities and great stability
  • "This functionality ("invite anyone for feedback") has substantially increased visibility over work-in-progress when it comes to process modelling and overall process management and it decreased the time spent on giving and receiving feedback through emails and through sharing screenshots/.ppt files/Visio files etc."
  • "The user management functionality in Process Manager is not as user friendly as the one in the Collaboration Hub."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a support tool towards becoming more focused on process management. This high-level goal can be further broken down into increasing visibility over existing processes, facilitating the design and collaboration on to-be processes, as well as cutting down on external consultants costs related to process management.

Furthermore, we are using Signavio for our enterprise architecture as well, in order to increase visibility over how the different IT systems used in the company are supporting different processes.

How has it helped my organization?

SAP Signavio Process Manager has a strong basis for creating a process organizational structure (process owners, process managers).

Visualizing and collaborating in one place on all cross-functional processes has led to an increased understanding of how everything connects (especially through the use of previous and subsequent processes, but also through the use of the "call activity" function within the BPMN models).

The centralized dictionary has further helped with standardization of items such as roles at a global level.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features was the possibility of not only collaborating with the other system Process Managers and also with non-licensed users (whether Collaboration Hub users or other external users).

This functionality ("invite anyone for feedback") has substantially increased visibility over work-in-progress when it comes to process modelling and overall process management and it decreased the time spent on giving and receiving feedback through emails and through sharing screenshots/.ppt files/Visio files etc.

What needs improvement?

The user management functionality in Process Manager is not as user friendly as the one in the Collaboration Hub. The design, although good compare to other solutions on the market, is not as great as that of the Collaboration Hub.

Furthermore, the integration with SharePoint Online doesn't offer the same benefits as the one with SharePoint classic, meaning that when using the search functionality of "search in content" you will not get results of the text within the SharePoint Online documentation.

I've used the solution for seven months.

We have not experienced many issues (if any) so far, however, we have also only started using this solution.

The product offers good scalability options, especially with the SAP acquisition.

Technical support offers prompt answers from our initial contact (sales representatives) to the consultant we worked with during the setup and training.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We did use 2c8 Apps, which was not user-friendly enough and didn't offer a cloud solution. It also was difficult to collaborate/share content with the rest of the organization.

The initial setup was straightforward, and although we used Signavio's premium rapid deployment, we could've most likely done it by ourselves.

We implemented the product with the help of Signavio (10 days of consultation efforts).

I am unable to give an answer at this point as we are still only starting to work with Signavio.

There is a rather high cost for the Process Manager licenses, however, costs can go down if there are more modules from the Business Transformation Suite added to the contract.

We looked at up to 80 other process modelling solution providers. The top 4 vendors were Aris, Adonis, GBTEC, and Signavio.

Thomas Kuhn
Head of CoE Process Management at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Helped us to understand the complex processes and procedures to make problems transparent
  • "As a business transformation suite, Signavio offers a number of integrated helpful tools. The Process Modeler helps with the conceptual work, but is directly integrated with the components of the Workflow Accelerator (Automation) and the Process Intelligence (Mining). This makes Signavio an indispensable service package."
  • "Signavio already offers a wonderful range of functions. If variant management and customer journeys are optimized, Signavio can definitely bask in the glory of BPM tools. We also see optimization potential in the management of licenses, e.g. no named users but rather floating licenses and integration into the company's active directory."

What is our primary use case?

We use Signavio for group-wide digital transformation and standardization. As the largest private hospital group in Switzerland, we are dependent on keeping pace with digitalization and new business models. Signavio helps us to absorb the complexity and to create effective solutions. the planning and deployment of RPA is also supported and simplified. A deeper understanding of the correlations can be achieved with the consistent use of Signavio and process modeling. This is necessary to continuously offer customer-centered services and products in the existing VUCA world.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio has helped us to understand the complex processes and procedures and to make problems transparent. the consequent approach of process modeling and conception helps the company to increase the digital transformation and operational excellence. The conceptual work in the field of digitization and IT-alignment has improved extremely and the quality has increased, which in turn leads to cost savings and time reduction. This in turn leads to a process-oriented approach to thinking about the whole company.

What is most valuable?

As a business transformation suite, Signavio offers a number of integrated helpful tools. The Process Modeler helps with the conceptual work, but is directly integrated with the components of the Workflow Accelerator (Automation) and the Process Intelligence (Mining). This makes Signavio an indispensable service package. The Workflow Accelerator helps to quickly and easily improve efficiency and automation without the need to customize expensive ERP systems. Process Intelligence helps to get deeper insights of process behaviour.

What needs improvement?

We also see optimization potential in the management of licenses, e.g. no named users but rather floating licenses and integration into the company's active directory. Especially in the area of workflow accelerators, where processes are automated and users are only involved on a monthly basis, named user licenses to become extremely expensive.

I've known Signavio for over five years.

It's always running. I've never major problems regarding availability or stability.

Scalability was one of our main criteria in the evaluation. Signavio best met this criterion.

The technical support is excellent!

We had another one in use but it didn't provide the same functionality and couldn't offer the simple scaling as Signavio does.

The initial setup was very quick and it was an easy introduction to start with the first work!

We have set everything up with our internal know-how but can confirm that there is a strong support team at Signavio.

Please check your scope of application and choose and negotiate the right pricing model

Adonis, ARIS, Bizagi, Visual Paradigm, iGraphics.

What other advice do I have?

Just have fun with a great tool!

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Learn what your peers think about SAP Signavio Process Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
563,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Paavo Heikkinen
Business Process Manager at VAT
Excellent for increasing process transparency by offering a single source of truth
  • "All in all, Signavio usability is excellent. Anyone can learn to use the tool quickly. This increases acceptance as employees are not facing a high learning curve. With the offered usability it is easy to model processes also live in workshops."
  • "Moreover, the functionality to show different process variations with "views" could be improved to allow more customization of these views. I believe this would increase the user experience and administrative efforts maintaining these process variations."

What is our primary use case?

We are establishing the business process management function and business process culture with the help of Signavio. Our processes have been designed in Visio/Word and stored in a document management system. The user-friendliness of these processes has not been the highest as the integrations between the various documents are not easily shown. Signavio supports us in documenting and collecting these processes in a collaborative manner together with the process users. Additionally, we are able to show the various links between the different processes using this tool - thus, increasing transparency.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio is excellent for increasing process transparency by offering a single source of truth. We are able to model our processes on various process levels, to link these processes to redefined roles and organizational units, and to the relevant documents such as work instructions and templates. Moreover, the collaboration functionality has increased the user acceptance of the processes. As the users are actively giving feedback on the processes and are able to see the comments from other process users, also their process understanding increases.

What is most valuable?

All in all, Signavio usability is excellent. Anyone can learn to use the tool quickly. This increases acceptance as employees are not facing a high learning curve. With the offered usability it is easy to model processes also live in workshops. The enforced modeling conventions help us to maintain a standardized process look and feel. Additionally, the collaboration functionality is top of the line. This allows us to quickly collect the various ideas and feedback from the various organizational roles.

What needs improvement?

There are no major features missing from Signavio. Nevertheless, I would like to see an improved navigation feature in the Collaboration Hub. The current user experience for navigating between different process levels could be more intuitive. Navigation over the process structure is possible but requires a few additional clicks.

I have been working with Signavio intensively for five months.

Signavio in the cloud is stable and continuously updated. In case updates are causing down time, they are communicated in advance. The explorer (modeller) works seamlessly and offers good user experience.

The various user roles help in scaling the solution to your organization's needs. Also, with the cloud solution, it is quite easy to get additional licenses when needed.

Deployment was painless and straightforward. Signavio offered structured support.

The offered deployment services are worth the money and will help you to get started.

Gabriela Tsvetanova
Business Process Management at VAT
Easy-to-use editor facilitates compliance and collaboration, which has helped us improve our processes
  • "In my opinion, the most valuable feature is the editor and its ease of use, and when people are looking at it, they can make comments about changes that need to be made."
  • "It could be more flexible from a customization point of view, where the user is able to display only whatever he needs."

What is our primary use case?

In our company right now, we focus on process documentation in order to build a base for future process improvement and potential automation. We use the Signavio Process Manager to design the processes and publish them on the Collaboration Hub.

This adds to the transparency of the business since all employees have access to the Collaboration Hub and see the documented processes as visualized models. This transparency is fostering the collaboration between business units by reducing silo thinking and thus enabling continuous process improvement.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio enabled us to identify a lot of new processes that could be improved. We removed a bottleneck by mapping the process and using the intelligence module, in order to identify where it was redundant. We then removed parts of the process to make it leaner.

Another example is on the compliance side, where Signavio helped us identify that we did not check all checkpoints in the process so we could be leaner and even more compliant.

Also, we have improved the HR processes a lot.

What is most valuable?

There are many valuable features, of course.

I would say the main value of Signavio is to have your current process map in a way that is easy to read and derive optimization actions to make it leaner, faster, more user-friendly, etc.

In my opinion, the most valuable feature is the editor and its ease of use, and when people are looking at it, they can make comments about changes that need to be made. This is really valuable because when a process is not documented, people can be talking about two different things and arguing about them without knowing what the other one means.

What needs improvement?

More Machine Learning and data algorithms for predictions could be involved in order to get a better understanding of the whole structure and tool.

It could be more flexible from a customization point of view, where the user is able to display only whatever he needs. More flexibility in the visualization, especially on the main page of the Collaboration Hub, would make it easier.

I would like it to show cycles and other things, rather than just boxes and arrows, in a more creative way.

Thomas Kuhn
A complete package that is highly usable and has good technical support
  • "This is one of the best solutions and it is easy to implement."
  • "The licensing model could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use Signavio for process modeling, design, and analysis.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is usability.

The biggest benefit of using this business transformation suite is the combination of all of the modules. There are many components like process intelligence, modeling, designing, and presentation.

What needs improvement?

The licensing model could be better.

I have been using the Signavio Process Manager for many years. In this company, I have used it for two years and in other companies, I have used it for between three and five.

This is a very scalable solution. Since it is cloud-based, you just have to deploy the link that gives access to it. We use it in 18 different locations in Switzerland and it is no problem to deploy it anywhere, at any location.

We have about 13,000 users.

We are very happy with the technical support. They are fast and the team is competent.

This is a SaaS solution and it was easy to set up.

What other advice do I have?

Signavio has a customer board that has input with respect to future feature developments. This is something that helps move the product forward.

This is one of the best solutions and it is easy to implement. When you are deploying to more than 10,000 users, the usability has to be very high. We are happy with the product and I would definitely recommend it.

That said, I think that the licensing could be improved.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Download our free SAP Signavio Process Manager Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.