IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Nhut Vu - PeerSpot reviewer
Presales Project Manager at FPT
Can be integrated with other Microsoft security solutions
  • "It is a very stable and scalable cloud-only solution."
  • "The pricing can be expensive if you are not combining it with other products."
  • "The technical support could be improved."

What needs improvement?

Mostly the pricing can be improved. If you are using the solution with EMS E3, then it's very expensive, but if you are using it in combination with a lot of products, then it can be cheap. Microsoft doesn't sell Intune separately. That's another consideration. The third thing would be how to view the use case because Microsoft doesn't release any documentation on how to view it when you adopt Microsoft EMS.  Their technical support could also be improved.

It is very stable.

It's scalable because this is a cloud solution only. They don't have it on-premises.

With Microsoft technical support, they only fix Teams and when they are open, they're mostly trying to close again at the quickest time. Sometimes, the solutions given are not very good.
Microsoft Intune
May 2022
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Intune. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2022.
598,634 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It depends on the use case. If you only focus on Mobile Device Management, then it is very easy to setup. You just have to define the use case in the context you want to protect. If you are talking about how to integrate with the lock analytics and how to classify data in context, then this is another thing.

The main difference between Intune and Workspace ONE is the quality integration between Microsoft products and Office 365, which means that Intune is part of a solution; you are not only using Intune, but you have to think about its ecosystem. For example, with EMS, it will have at least three products. The first is Azure ID Premium, which is the IAM solution (Identity and Access Management), so there are use cases where you might need to use IAM. The one difference between EMS and Workspace ONE, since Workspace ONE doesn't focus on identity management, is that it only has the access part. It can leverage all identity management, like with the directory or any of the identity solutions.  The second difference is in the integration with Office 365 because in the Office 365 ecosystem, you have a lot of products, like Azure Information Protection, which is focused on the labeling and classifying of data. Microsoft also has Defender DLP and Defender for Endpoint. These make up a total solution. Based on that, if you have a long-term roadmap, you can actually integrate it with other Microsoft security solutions, like Sentinel, which is a SIEM solution. When choosing Intune, the main difference is the ecosystem and the roadmap.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten. For advice, it depends on the use case you are trying to solve here. If we have a look at the use case for security, how would you control the mobile? How would you deploy? How would you protect them based on that? The lesson depends on the answers to those questions.

Majid-Ali - PeerSpot reviewer
Director Infrastructure Services at Innolytix Pakistan Pvt Ltd
Feature-Rich, reasonably priced, and simple to install
  • "For the price, the features included with Microsoft are appealing."
  • "Microsoft Intune lacks the ability to provide seamless remote assistance or remote control."

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator who provides services to a variety of customers. I have provided this solution for a couple of my customers.

Microsoft Intune is primarily used to apply compliance requirements, install updates, and prevent users from sharing data because it is, part of the EMS, not just Intune.

What is most valuable?

For the price, the features included with Microsoft are appealing.

What needs improvement?

That is subjective because I haven't used anything other than Intune for MDM and MAM. We were fairly satisfied, I would say, but there are always a few things that our customers mention, such as this was simple.

Compatibility is another point raised by the customer. Microsoft is always a little behind when it comes to compatibility.  For example, Microsoft does not support Linux. or, any other platforms offered by other vendors.

The remote screen support and remote assistance were two features that we greatly missed in Intune. According to our customers who use Workspace ONE, it is available. For example, you can get remote assistance for an iPhone, which is somewhat reliant on a third-party solution, for Microsoft. We were not able to do that for testing purposes, we faced some challenges. We had to purchase an additional subscription from Teams Viewer.

I have been familiar with Microsoft Intune for approximately three to four years.

Getting assistance from Microsoft is a difficult task, as we have noticed over the last few years that service is deteriorating.

It's deteriorating in the sense that you don't get the proper resource the first time you call, message, or email. You should wait or inquire first. Normally, the person you are aligned with is usually someone who works on the front lines. On occasion, we may ask the support team to connect us with the appropriate individual or escalate the ticket.

This is my personal experience with Microsoft. I can't compare it to anything else.

Based on my conversation with my customer, they say that VMware Workspace ONE is easier to install.

While I have not tried to install VMware Workspace ONE myself, I don't find Microsoft Intune to be difficult to install.

No one can compete with Microsoft when it comes to price, and the features it is offering.

They bundle different things with EMS.

EMS, which is a suite that includes Intune, along with some other products is still extremely competitive with other competitors.

At the moment, I'm comparing it to VMware Workspace ONE.

I was comparing Microsoft Intune to VMware Workspace ONE, or EMS as it is more commonly known.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Intune an eight out of ten, but when you add in the rest of the products, such as AIP and Azure Premium, I would say nine.

Microsoft Intune
May 2022
598,634 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Partner at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Is integrated with the rest of the Microsoft products but needs to replace SCCM
  • "I like the fact that it's integrated with the rest of the Microsoft products, so customers can manage it from their Office 365 portal or Azure portal."
  • "They could also make it easier to use because there are some other products that may be easier to use in terms of the look and feel of the dashboard."

What is our primary use case?

Generally, we use it with banking, finance, or government entities, usually medium to large customers. We also have smaller customers who are dealing with sensitive private data and therefore are interested in running Intune on top of their Office 365 licensing.

What is most valuable?

I like the fact that it's integrated with the rest of the Microsoft products, so customers can manage it from their Office 365 portal or Azure portal.

What needs improvement?

If you could replace SCCM completely with Intune, that would be fantastic so that you don't have to run SCCM with Intune as an extension.

They could also make it easier to use because there are some other products that may be easier to use in terms of the look and feel of the dashboard.

The stability is quite mature here in Australia.

The scalability is quite good.

The technical support is really good. First level support is just your normal desktop level, but the second or third level is much deeper. It's pretty good

Usually, if I log a call in the morning, I may get a call in the afternoon to sort it out through screen share. Sometimes, it's someone in Shanghai that takes the call, and I speak Chinese, and they speak Chinese, so I'm pretty happy with that.

If the customer is already operating on a cloud environment, then it's easy, but if a customer has a hybrid environment, then it can be complex.

If they've got people who are now working home that previously used to work in the office and they still want them to use their work laptops at home, it gets complex. You would need to start looking at registering the devices into Azure AD, which then leads to Azure AD premiums. Therefore, you would need to find out from Microsoft whether to add the device into Azure AD, to register it, that you would also need MDM or an Intune license added on top.

If you're ever going to buy an Office 365 environment, then pricing is reasonable given all that it does, but if you're not, then you might find the pricing expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that they check it out thoroughly because things are moving very quickly with Microsoft, and we get better support now, given Australia's a hero country of Microsoft.

A lot of companies are switching to hybrid environments because of COVID, and Microsoft Intune can be deployed in a hybrid environment.

However, because Microsoft Intune doesn't totally replace SCCM, I would rate it at seven on a scale from one to ten.

Emanuele Marangione - PeerSpot reviewer
Transition Project Manager at DXC
Easy initial setup with good configuration capabilities and an intuitive interface
  • "Technical support, in general, has been quite helpful."
  • "The feature that allows us to import the business application from the configuration manager to Intune is not very good at this time."

What is our primary use case?

The solution can be primarily used for mobile management. We're using the solution to enroll Windows 10 devices.

What is most valuable?

The policies on the solution are very good.

The process of enrolling devices is a useful aspect for us.

The features that allow us to control the devices are helpful.

The initial setup is not hard at all.

Technical support, in general, has been quite helpful.

We've found the configuration capabilities to be quite good.

So far, the solution is fast and has an intuitive interface.

What needs improvement?

The feature that allows us to import the business application from the configuration manager to Intune is not very good at this time. They should be getting better in the application input on that platforms. It's an aspect that could use some improvement.

Other than that, I can't recall the solution lacking any features. Overall, we've been happy with the offering.

I've used the solution in the last 12 months. We've been using it for one year, more or less. It hasn't been a very long time just yet.

The stability of the product is quite good. there are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance is reliable.

We do plan to increase the use of the solution over the coming year. Our intention is to scale a bit. We don't plan on switching products anytime soon.

I've dealt with technical support in the past, and I'm quite satisfied with them. They are knowledgeable and responsive. I have no complaints.

We did not previously use a different solution. We've only ever used Microsoft Intune for these current use cases.

We found the initial setup to be quite easy and straightforward. It's not complex. If a company wants to set it up themselves, they shouldn't have an issue doing so.

The deployment didn't take very long. It was a pretty quick process overall.

I can't speak to any aspect of the pricing. It's not something I handle. I don't deal with licensing and therefore don't know if it is expensive or reasonably priced.

What other advice do I have?

I've been testing the solution. I'm a customer and an end-user. My company does not have a business relationship with Microsoft.

In general, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been happy with the capabilities overall.

Enterprise Mobility Engineer at a outsourcing company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Lacking user-friendly, but has effective policy creation, and stable
  • "The conditional access policies that we set up are very useful."
  • "Microsoft Intune could improve by being more user-friendly and having it geared toward device management. The graphic interface is not very good."

What is our primary use case?

We switched to Office 365 applications and we already had an Office 365 license that covers Microsoft Intune. We decided to use Intune for our Mobile Application Management solution.

I only use Microsoft Intune for Mobile Application Management for the management of Office 365 apps. Additionally, we have Microsoft Intune integrated with Workspace ONE.

How has it helped my organization?

We have used conditional access policies to prevent users from copying internal resources or internal data to external devices. This has helped protect our organizations from being compromised.

What is most valuable?

The conditional access policies that we set up are very useful.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Intune could improve by being more user-friendly and having it geared toward device management. The graphic interface is not very good.

The VPN option within Intune is not as intuitive as the one available in Workspace ONE. We're trying to implement a VPN tunnel for SharePoint sites. This will allow users trying to access internal resources, such as SharePoint, and other Office 365 data, but it doesn't work as well as Workspace ONE.

We are in the POC stage of the VPN tunnel. We only have a development tenant for the tunnel. We plan is to implement that in production and get rid of Workspace ONE, if it meets our needs.

I have used Microsoft Intune within the past 12 months.

The solution is stable.

I have found Microsoft Intune to be scalable.

We have over 5,500 users using this solution.

The technical support from Microsoft could improve, it is not as good as the Workspace ONE support. It is difficult to contact Microsoft support.

I have used Workspace ONE, and I would highly recommend it over Microsoft Intune.

The initial setup was complex, and the full deployment took us one year.

We did the deployment ourselves. There is little maintenance required, we have to only update policies. We have a mobility architect that set up most of the backend and we did work with a Microsoft resource for this process.

I have received a return on investment, the solution is inexpensive.

There is a license required to use this solution. However, it was part of a bundle package.

Microsoft Intune is far less expensive than other solutions, such as Workspace ONE.

What other advice do I have?

We are only using Microsoft Intune because it came with our Office 365 license.

I rate Microsoft Intune a five out of ten.

SaravanaKumar - PeerSpot reviewer
Solution architect at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good management and control of mobile devices, scales well and is stable.
  • "The performance of Microsoft Intune is good."
  • "More integration with monitoring tools is needed."

What is our primary use case?

Basically, the Intune solution is to provide services for MDM and mobile application management. In addition, support or ticket to control Windows 10 devices is provided.

We provide this solution to our clients.

What needs improvement?

More integration with monitoring tools is needed.

I have worked as a solution architect for Microsoft Intune, for the past six or seven years, and when you consider my overall experience, it is more than two decades.

On-premises is not absolute. You can integrate co-management, but you must first integrate with, ACCM. We are currently providing both solutions.

This is a stable solution. The performance of Microsoft Intune is good.

Microsoft Intune can be scalable.

As a solution architect, I have more than 50 customers.

I have not reached out to Microsoft's technical support. So far, we have not had to.

I am also familiar with CyberArk.

Intune is essentially a SaaS solution. Although Intune is a SaaS solution, it can be integrated with the ACCM. You can integrate a co-management solution in two modes, or you can integrate only the cloud. As a result, the cloud is mostly used by small and medium-sized businesses. However, for enterprise customers, we must use co-management, the team, the ACCM, and Intune.

Maintenance isn't that based on the volume. For example, if you want to go with 500 devices, you need to size the people accordingly. If you want to implement 5,000, 10,000, one lakh, or one million people, you must size the people accordingly. As a starting baseline, we need to assign one person to manage every 5,000 devices.

Every customer used to purchase licenses based on their needs.

They used to buy a license as part of a package, possibly on a yearly basis, but they never went for pay-as-you-go, but they used to buy for a year, three years, or something like that.

What other advice do I have?

Intune is the best, in my opinion. CyberArk is primarily used for identity purposes. For example, if you want to protect your password, enable local administration, or enable the lapse solution, CyberArk was the best tool at the time. However, if you want to manage your mobile devices as well as your Windows 10 devices, Intune is the best option.

Both goals are completely different. If you want to manage and control your devices, Intune is the best option.

I work with Microsoft technology. I always strongly recommend Intune.

I would rate Microsoft Intune a ten out of ten.

Managing Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Transparently enforces compliance policies and works well, but the initial setup requires user intervention
  • "The biggest thing for us is enforcing logins only from devices that are managed by Intune."
  • "Once it's configured it is unobtrusive, but it does take some hands-on to configure and deploy it properly."

What is our primary use case?

We are a consulting agency and we help people make technology and business decisions.

Our environment is fully online and we're a Microsoft 365 shop. We are using Intune for security. It is their MDM for mobile devices, but it is also their application ADM and it works on desktops as well.

We primarily use it to maintain compliance for our customers. They require that we use it to enforce compliance with the same level that they do internally, so we're following the compliance guidelines of several Fortune 100 companies. Intune is what we use to meet those requirements.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this product has completely stopped DLP, so people cannot take material off of corporate machines or corporate imagines, and that's a huge benefit.

What is most valuable?

We also use it for enforcing DLP and all of the other security policies that you need for compliance in order to do work for major corporations.

It integrates well with the Microsoft environment. Once it's deployed, it's set and forget.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Intune for a year.

Intune has been very stable.

We're a small company of fewer than 100 people and it scales well enough for us.

We are financial analysts and IT consultants.

I have not used the technical support personally, but it seems to be okay.

We used a third-party package before, and we moved to Intune because it was easier to integrate with Microsoft Windows or Microsoft 365. It also provides coverage for desktops.

The initial setup requires user participation. You can't push it without the client being engaged. That is part of the configuration.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this product works pretty well. Security products are the disgusting medicine that we don't like to take, but we have to take it to stay healthy.

This is a good product because it's transparent and works well, although it's unfortunate that we have to have it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Sabarish Natarajan - PeerSpot reviewer
Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Very good technical support with great scalability and mobile acesss management
  • "The mobile application management, MAM, is the most useful aspect of the solution."
  • "Reporting could be improved. It needs to be more expensive and robust."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily implement the solution for our customers. It's mainly used by our clients for device management.

How has it helped my organization?

The product helps organizations have a model or place to allow users to access the corporate resources from any device that the user wants and in a highly secured way. That way, the data can be managed by the organization, whether the device is managed or not.

What is most valuable?

The initial setup is very straightforward.

The solution is quite stable.

The product scales very, very well.

We've found the technical support to be excellent.

What needs improvement?

The legacy system management could use some improvement.

Reporting could be improved. It needs to be more expensive and robust.

Technical support could be a bit quicker to respond.

We've used the solution for two years. It hasn't been an extremely long amount of time.

The product is stable. Microsoft, obviously, is a stable platform. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable in terms of performance.

The solution is highly scalable. A company can expand the solution if it would like to.

I'd rate the solution at a four out of five. It's mostly quite good. They are helpful and knowledgeable. However, The response times could improve. In general, we are mostly satisfied with the level of service provided to us.

The initial setup is not overly complex or difficult. It is easy. The implementation is straightforward.

The deployment process is pretty quick. It takes a couple of days, and not quite a week.

We can implement the solution for our clients.

Being a deployment or being a technical resource, I'm not that good in the pricing. It's not an aspect o the solution I directly deal with. I can't speak to the specific costs to a company.

What other advice do I have?

We are a global distributor for Microsoft. I am a consultant. I do deployment for my customers.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten overall.

I would advise new users and organizations that they should follow the industry standard practices of configuring the policies and they can always highly rely on Microsoft for other security products as well.

Download our free Microsoft Intune Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: May 2022