We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
JagdishRao
Technical Account Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Integrates well, and reasonably priced , but it is lacks features and the support could be more responsive
  • "The Microsoft Windows Autopilot and Defender policies are the most valuable features of this solution."
  • "There should be more focus on mobile device security and integration."

How has it helped my organization?

If they are already using Office 365, or they use Microsoft Cloud Service for their office needs, and if they are looking to secure their endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune, in my opinion, would be a good fit for them.

If you are already a part of the Microsoft ecosystem, it's easy in terms of adoption.

What is most valuable?

You can manage your endpoint's security, as well as your antivirus.

You can utilize Microsoft services to roll out updates to your Windows clients.

The Microsoft ecosystem and integration with each other excites me.

Microsoft Intune is straightforward.

Microsoft leads the way in terms of the ease of use of its Windows management services. I would say that a large number of customers, roughly 60 to 80 percent of the industry median, are on Windows devices rather than Mac devices.

Typically, which systems are used in the real world by their employees.

What needs improvement?

What it lacks in terms of content management, is the addition of a few more features. When it comes to new or updated devices, I believe Microsoft is still falling short. It lacks the features necessary to integrate these types of devices, such as handheld added devices, which are commonly used in the eCommerce industry. For example, RF guns are used for scanning. They are commonly used to scan eCommerce packages, which Microsoft Intune needs.

Intune is behind the game, but it has been catching up in terms of the capabilities and features that it now has to offer.

Mobile security needs to be improved.

There should be more focus on mobile device security and integration.

I have been working with Microsoft Intune for three years.

The stability of Microsoft Intune is good. I haven't seen many global outages. In terms of stability, Microsoft is the best at what it does.

In terms of scalability, I believe Microsoft Intune is scalable, but it needs to add a lot more features in order to catch up with the competition.

When you have a pressing issue, there is a lack of response. I believe Microsoft support needs to work on the response aspect.

The initial response and the time it takes to assign a particular engineer to work with the team to resolve the issue needs to improve.

There are no challenges with the deployment of Microsoft Intune.

It's not much of a stretch to say that it's simple to integrate with third-party services. In terms of integration, Microsoft is good.

Microsoft's licensing is more flexible and adaptive than its competitors. In Microsoft, you pay for whatever you use. In terms of services, it is more evenly distributed. You only need to pay for one license to get access to a suite of products. From your office to your endpoint, you are essentially managing your endpoint. Everything is combined into a single console. somewhat more flexible.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Intune a six out of ten.

TariqMuhammad
Assistant General Manager at ELEVATE Solutions Limited
Reasonably priced, easy to set up, and offers many great features
  • "The initial setup is not overly complex or difficult."
  • "Technical support is not that great."

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using the solution for managing the devices. Some employees are using their own devices and some employees are using company-owned devices. Basically, we use it to control company data and personal data, we are keeping them separate and we are managing those devices such as Windows computers, Mac and mobile phones, iOS, Android, et cetera, via Intune.

What is most valuable?

The product is very useful in terms of Windows Information Protection. Our employees, if they try to leak data will not be able to as the data is encrypted. Intune keeps our data encrypted. If you send me an email, that email is stored on my personal OneDrive. I cannot store that email in my WhatsApp, for example. I cannot store my data anywhere else. The data protection on offer, therefore, is great.

The initial setup is very easy.

We can use the solution with the Active Directory, which has many policies. We can restrict and protect devices accordingly.

The solution can scale.

The stability is great.

The cost of the solution is great and was recently lowered to make it even more affordable.

Intune has a lot of great features and we have yet to utilize 100% of their offering.

What needs improvement?

Day-by-day Intune is improving. It has a roadmap for how it will continue to improve over time.

They need to improve their technical support and make sure Intune is covered under their SLAs.

Our company is very new. We've only been around for about seven months. In that time, we've used Microsoft Intune. It's been less than a year.

The solution has been stable so far. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution can scale as needed. We are satisfied with its scalability capabilities.

Technical support is not that great. The basic support comes with a Microsoft subscription, however. Intune support from my experiences, the basic support they have, does not have any SLA.

They're working on it only during their business hours and our country is in a different time zone and has different business hours. Our country office's start time is 9:00, however, the business is coming from China. China begins at 7:00. We're getting six hours, maybe, of time where we can get support if we need it - and the basic support on offer is not good.

The initial setup is not overly complex or difficult.

The initial setup was very easy as Microsoft has a setup guide similar to what you would expect if you set up 365. If I'm following the set-up guide, it's very simple. You just click along.

Previously the price was $4 per month per user. Now it's $2.25 per user per month. The cost is really affordable.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Intune. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
566,121 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Information Systems Engineer at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Is easy to manage and easy to configure
  • "It's easy to manage and easy to configure."
  • "China blocks Google and Google Play Store, which makes installation challenging. Microsoft Intune is a company software, which has to be installed to the app portal or Microsoft Software Center."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for mobile device management. Android devices, iOS devices, Windows devices, computers, and so on are managed with the help of Microsoft Intune.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to manage and easy to configure.

We use it to completely manage the devices and access policies. We have app protection policies as well. So when it comes to any person who is outside my current organization, he won't be able to access anything if he's not authenticated. That's a really great feature because data security or data privacy will still be there.

What needs improvement?

I see room for improvement with respect to China and Android devices. If we get Intune for China for the Android devices, it would really be a win-win situation. The devices we are using to manage devices in China are partial MDM and not complete MDM.

China blocks Google and Google Play Store, which makes installation challenging. Microsoft Intune is a company software, which has to be installed to the app portal or Microsoft Software Center.

With barcoded scanners, it works really well in countries where Google is not blocked, but again, it's a challenge when we have to install Microsoft Intune where Google is blocked.

I've been working with Microsoft Intune for roughly three years.

It's deployed on the cloud itself, and we have 10,000 plus users.

Technical support is not great. If you open up a case, it may remain there for a long time. I believe that they may have a lot of customers and that's why we don't get the response immediately. Also, with these difficult times with COVID-19, they may be facing other challenges.

We used AirWatch and switched because we were facing a lot of issues with the product. Some things were really great, but some things were not.

Maintenance took a lot of time because it was on-premises. Every month, we had to do upgrades and patching of all the servers.

Too much information was provided regarding the initial setup, and it was too difficult to understand sometimes. You would have to read each and every article and try to understand exactly where and what you need to deploy. That's a bit challenging, but if you have seen the videos or attended Microsoft's training, then it's easier.

I attended the training and was able to configure and understand really well. However, if you give it to a layman, then it would really be a challenge.

Hardly any maintenance is required, so a few people will be able to handle the occasional issues and iOS upgrades.

Pricing depends on the features. Microsoft offers special packages if there are more than 10,000 users, and you may be able to get a reduced rate.

What other advice do I have?

Microsoft Intune is a great product, and you should use it. You can do wonders with this particular product. So, on a scale from one to ten, I would rate it at eight.

Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to install with good technical support but needs better synchronization
  • "The stability is good."
  • "The synchronization could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for people who want to manage their mobile devices.

How has it helped my organization?

It's difficult to describe how we've been able to improve our organization specifically with this solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the product is that we are able to send application deployments and certifications for conditional access.

The solution is very easy to install.

The stability is good.

You can scale the solution if you need to.

Technical support is helpful.

What needs improvement?

The MacBook management could be better.

They should have better integration with, for example, Apple.

The synchronization could be improved.

They need to work on providing better troubleshooting techniques.

I've been using the solution for two years.

It's a very stable solution. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

We have found the solution to be scalable.

We have about 20 clients using the product. Typically, the users would be managers or assistant administrators.

We've used technical support in the past. They are very fast and they know what they are talking about. We're happy with the level of support we get.

The implementation process is simple. It's very straightforward.

I'd rate the overall initial setup process at a four out of five.

Deployment times vary. It depends on the product. Our clients, for example, we're deploying it to all of their mobile devices. We use architects and engineers for the deployment process. How many we need depends on the project. We typically need, let's say, one architect and then, depending on the size of the project, one or more engineers.

We can integrate the product for our clients if they need us to.

I can't speak to seeing any specific ROI.

Customers do have to pay a licensing fee. Our clients pay a monthly subscription cost.

I cannot speak to the exact price as the licensing is complex.

It's decent, however. I would rate it at a four out of five.

We did look at other solutions. The one we did look at closely was more for larger organizations in the manufacturing industry, which wouldn't have fit with our needs.

What other advice do I have?

We are Microsoft partners.

We are integrating the solution for our clients.

I'd recommend the solution to others. With Intune, many companies may already have the product if they are also already using Microsoft.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Michael  Luebbert
Intune/Desktop Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Integrates with various devices and has a fantastic Autopilot feature, but doesn't handle software updates well by itself and should have a seamless remote desktop capability
  • "The Autopilot feature is fantastic. It is a Microsoft product, so it deals best with Microsoft operating systems, but it can integrate with iOS, Mac OS, Linux, and Android."
  • "It just doesn't handle software updates well at all by itself. You need to be a scripting wizard to make those happen properly, or you use third-party tools. The Windows feature updates are very difficult to implement. I would like to see a proprietary built-in remote control tool. I know that they have Team Viewer integrated, but it is not seamless. It would be nice if they had a seamless remote desktop capability directly from the Intune console."

What is our primary use case?

It is mainly used as an endpoint management tool for MDM. We are using it for Windows devices, iPads, and Macintosh devices.

We have its latest version. It is mostly cloud-based or SAS only, and we have a couple of clients that use hybrid.

What is most valuable?

The Autopilot feature is fantastic. It is a Microsoft product, so it deals best with Microsoft operating systems, but it can integrate with iOS, Mac OS, Linux, and Android.

What needs improvement?

It just doesn't handle software updates well at all by itself. You need to be a scripting wizard to make those happen properly, or you use third-party tools. The Windows feature updates are very difficult to implement.

I have been using this solution for four years.

Outside of a couple of little hiccups, it is very stable.

It is scalable.

Overall, they're pretty decent. Their response time is sometimes a little slow, but they do get back to you and offer assistance.

I have used Workspace ONE. Workspace ONE works really well for iPads and Androids. I haven't used it recently for Windows. They had just started to sort of delve into that arena, but I can't really say how well it works because I haven't really tried it on Windows 10. Workspace ONE is far superior when it comes to iOS and Android OS. If I remember correctly, they're comparable in price.

It is straightforward for somebody who has got experience. It is certainly not something that somebody who came off the street can do easily. There is a lot of documentation, but the documentation varies widely, and it can be difficult to set up. Microsoft does offer some good support and assistance with it. If you have a user base of 300 devices or more, they'll actually walk you through the entire setup and assist you.

Currently, I am solely providing support for eight different clients who probably have over a thousand devices in total. So, the maintenance isn't difficult.

Most of our clients come to us with licensing already in place. On average, it costs $6 per device per month to add Intune to an Office 365 subscription, but I am not sure.

What other advice do I have?

If your clients have Office 365, and they're not using Intune, they should be.

I would rate Microsoft Intune a six out of ten.

Nhut Vu
Presales Project Manager at FPT
Can be integrated with other Microsoft security solutions
  • "It is a very stable and scalable cloud-only solution."
  • "The pricing can be expensive if you are not combining it with other products."
  • "The technical support could be improved."

What needs improvement?

Mostly the pricing can be improved. If you are using the solution with EMS E3, then it's very expensive, but if you are using it in combination with a lot of products, then it can be cheap. Microsoft doesn't sell Intune separately. That's another consideration. The third thing would be how to view the use case because Microsoft doesn't release any documentation on how to view it when you adopt Microsoft EMS.

Their technical support could also be improved.

It is very stable.

It's scalable because this is a cloud solution only. They don't have it on-premises.

With Microsoft technical support, they only fix Teams and when they are open, they're mostly trying to close again at the quickest time. Sometimes, the solutions given are not very good.

It depends on the use case. If you only focus on Mobile Device Management, then it is very easy to setup. You just have to define the use case in the context you want to protect. If you are talking about how to integrate with the lock analytics and how to classify data in context, then this is another thing.

The main difference between Intune and Workspace ONE is the quality integration between Microsoft products and Office 365, which means that Intune is part of a solution; you are not only using Intune, but you have to think about its ecosystem. For example, with EMS, it will have at least three products. The first is Azure ID Premium, which is the IAM solution (Identity and Access Management), so there are use cases where you might need to use IAM. The one difference between EMS and Workspace ONE, since Workspace ONE doesn't focus on identity management, is that it only has the access part. It can leverage all identity management, like with the directory or any of the identity solutions.

The second difference is in the integration with Office 365 because in the Office 365 ecosystem, you have a lot of products, like Azure Information Protection, which is focused on the labeling and classifying of data. Microsoft also has Defender DLP and Defender for Endpoint. These make up a total solution. Based on that, if you have a long-term roadmap, you can actually integrate it with other Microsoft security solutions, like Sentinel, which is a SIEM solution. When choosing Intune, the main difference is the ecosystem and the roadmap.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

For advice, it depends on the use case you are trying to solve here. If we have a look at the use case for security, how would you control the mobile? How would you deploy? How would you protect them based on that? The lesson depends on the answers to those questions.

Majid-Ali
Director Infrastructure Services at Innolytix Pakistan Pvt Ltd
Feature-Rich, reasonably priced, and simple to install
  • "For the price, the features included with Microsoft are appealing."
  • "Microsoft Intune lacks the ability to provide seamless remote assistance or remote control."

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator who provides services to a variety of customers. I have provided this solution for a couple of my customers.

Microsoft Intune is primarily used to apply compliance requirements, install updates, and prevent users from sharing data because it is, part of the EMS, not just Intune.

What is most valuable?

For the price, the features included with Microsoft are appealing.

What needs improvement?

That is subjective because I haven't used anything other than Intune for MDM and MAM. We were fairly satisfied, I would say, but there are always a few things that our customers mention, such as this was simple.

Compatibility is another point raised by the customer. Microsoft is always a little behind when it comes to compatibility.  For example, Microsoft does not support Linux. or, any other platforms offered by other vendors.

The remote screen support and remote assistance were two features that we greatly missed in Intune. According to our customers who use Workspace ONE, it is available. For example, you can get remote assistance for an iPhone, which is somewhat reliant on a third-party solution, for Microsoft. We were not able to do that for testing purposes, we faced some challenges. We had to purchase an additional subscription from Teams Viewer.

I have been familiar with Microsoft Intune for approximately three to four years.

Getting assistance from Microsoft is a difficult task, as we have noticed over the last few years that service is deteriorating.

It's deteriorating in the sense that you don't get the proper resource the first time you call, message, or email. You should wait or inquire first. Normally, the person you are aligned with is usually someone who works on the front lines. On occasion, we may ask the support team to connect us with the appropriate individual or escalate the ticket.

This is my personal experience with Microsoft. I can't compare it to anything else.

Based on my conversation with my customer, they say that VMware Workspace ONE is easier to install.

While I have not tried to install VMware Workspace ONE myself, I don't find Microsoft Intune to be difficult to install.

No one can compete with Microsoft when it comes to price, and the features it is offering.

They bundle different things with EMS.

EMS, which is a suite that includes Intune, along with some other products is still extremely competitive with other competitors.

At the moment, I'm comparing it to VMware Workspace ONE.

I was comparing Microsoft Intune to VMware Workspace ONE, or EMS as it is more commonly known.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Intune an eight out of ten, but when you add in the rest of the products, such as AIP and Azure Premium, I would say nine.

Senior Partner at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Is integrated with the rest of the Microsoft products but needs to replace SCCM
  • "I like the fact that it's integrated with the rest of the Microsoft products, so customers can manage it from their Office 365 portal or Azure portal."
  • "They could also make it easier to use because there are some other products that may be easier to use in terms of the look and feel of the dashboard."

What is our primary use case?

Generally, we use it with banking, finance, or government entities, usually medium to large customers. We also have smaller customers who are dealing with sensitive private data and therefore are interested in running Intune on top of their Office 365 licensing.

What is most valuable?

I like the fact that it's integrated with the rest of the Microsoft products, so customers can manage it from their Office 365 portal or Azure portal.

What needs improvement?

If you could replace SCCM completely with Intune, that would be fantastic so that you don't have to run SCCM with Intune as an extension.

They could also make it easier to use because there are some other products that may be easier to use in terms of the look and feel of the dashboard.

The stability is quite mature here in Australia.

The scalability is quite good.

The technical support is really good. First level support is just your normal desktop level, but the second or third level is much deeper. It's pretty good

Usually, if I log a call in the morning, I may get a call in the afternoon to sort it out through screen share. Sometimes, it's someone in Shanghai that takes the call, and I speak Chinese, and they speak Chinese, so I'm pretty happy with that.

If the customer is already operating on a cloud environment, then it's easy, but if a customer has a hybrid environment, then it can be complex.

If they've got people who are now working home that previously used to work in the office and they still want them to use their work laptops at home, it gets complex. You would need to start looking at registering the devices into Azure AD, which then leads to Azure AD premiums. Therefore, you would need to find out from Microsoft whether to add the device into Azure AD, to register it, that you would also need MDM or an Intune license added on top.

If you're ever going to buy an Office 365 environment, then pricing is reasonable given all that it does, but if you're not, then you might find the pricing expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that they check it out thoroughly because things are moving very quickly with Microsoft, and we get better support now, given Australia's a hero country of Microsoft.

A lot of companies are switching to hybrid environments because of COVID, and Microsoft Intune can be deployed in a hybrid environment.

However, because Microsoft Intune doesn't totally replace SCCM, I would rate it at seven on a scale from one to ten.

Download our free Microsoft Intune Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.