We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Cloud Business Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Stable and easy to set up but support can be slow at times, and it may be challenging to users who are new to the cloud

What is our primary use case?

We are partnered with both Microsoft and AWS. We use the Azure platform for our systems, and we are also a reseller that offers architecture and design services. One use case for Azure is building Active Directory Systems and creating a hybrid environment for the customers. Another is SQL Database. The third is systems like Linux 365. So we are reselling managed 365 solutions for our customers.

What is our primary use case?

What needs improvement?

Onboarding customers is a challenge. Sometimes our customers don't know how to deal with the cloud environment. Maybe the customers are more comfortable with the old-fashioned on-premise environment. So it's challenging to move to a new environment in the cloud. Another area where there is room for improvement is maybe security. Also, the interface could use some work. And maybe Microsoft could add some new features for monitoring the environment.

Our company has been using Azure for four or five.

Azure is stable. I don't have any problems with it.

In general, Microsoft support is good. But in some cases, it takes a long time.

The initial setup for Azure was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Microsoft Azure six out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud

Google
User at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Easy to set up, and offers flexibly that gives you good value for your money

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers of Intel-based processors and Microsoft software. We offer Windows 10, Windows 2019 server, and HCI for example. We are a technology-based company and we set things up for people. We are dealing with educational establishments, and moving them from on-premises situations to the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the value for money and flexibility.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see better security.

We have been selling the latest version of Microsoft Azure for six months.

On average, there are approximately 1000 users per site. We plan to continue selling…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see better security.

We have been selling the latest version of Microsoft Azure for six months.

On average, there are approximately 1000 users per site.

We plan to continue selling this solution.

We have used technical support from Microsoft, although we do all of the technical support for our customers, ourselves.

Before Microsoft Azure, we did not sell any other product.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We do hundreds of deployments and each individual one is different.

The pricing model is subscription-based and it's not an expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Azure a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
566,121 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Md. Islam
Systems Specialist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Enables our customers to obtain the results they need
  • "The system is more secure, and this is valuable."
  • "Sometimes performance takes a hit on a slow network."

What is our primary use case?

A lot of customers are turning to Microsoft Azure. We are using the latest version and we are a Microsoft Gold partner. We use it as a backup solution. It is also used for authentication and cancellations. We are providing these types of solutions as a live requirement, and we are moving customers to their Cloud Station.

What is most valuable?

The system is more secure.

What needs improvement?

It could be more stable, but we think this is due to Microsoft making changes too often to their setup. We also think the configuration could be easier. Sometimes performance takes a hit on a slow network. Microsoft does not appear to pay enough attention to the platform or the account solution.

We have been using Microsoft Azure for a few years.

Microsoft Azure is very scalable.

Microsoft does provide good support and enables our customers to obtain the results they need.

Initially, it was difficult to setup. The complexity comes in when there are more items to configure. We pay our bill in a monthly or 6 monthly billing cycle. The cost depends on how much you use during the period.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Azure 8 out of 10.

IT Infrastructure Architect at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees
Secure cloud platform that is stable and scalable, and they have good support
  • "There are many different components such as SaaS, PaaS, and API so every month they are releasing a few hundred new features."
  • "It is constantly updating. There are weekly releases, sometimes daily releases, and there should be fewer that are consolidated into one."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for IaaS, SaaS, PaaS security, identity, and Kubernetes.

What is most valuable?

I like everything, overall.

It's a cloud platform so it's alive.

There are many different components such as SaaS, PaaS, and API, so every month they are releasing a few hundred new features.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Microsoft Azure for six years.

We are using the latest version.

The stability is very good.

It's a very scalable solution. It is not really the number of users we have, but rather, it is more a case of service PCs. We have 70,000 or more.

My experience with technical support has been good. They are very supportive.

It's as complex as it wants to be. There's nothing initial about it.

It's an OPEX model, you pay as you go, or you can reserve funds.

Pricing can always be better.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product and I recommend it to others.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Risk Manager at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
A stable and scalable solution with good tech support, but lacking proper ease of use and dashboards
  • "The solution is stable."
  • "Use of the solution could be easier."

What is our primary use case?

As the solution is cloud-based, we always use the latest solution.

We make use of the solution in the cloud for specific internal applications.

What needs improvement?

Use of the solution could be easier. It is too complex.

The solution is not sufficiently informative and there is a need to wade through much information.

Moreover, we find it lacking when it comes to active dashboards. This is problematic when looking to Teams, as it does not allow one to know what is transpiring in real time, such as when there are concurrent conferences. This information only becomes available the following day.

I have been using Microsoft Azure Review for three years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

Microsoft's technical support is good. There is no room for improvement.

We looked at web user before going with the solution.

As the solution is cloud-based there is no installation involved.

The license is on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

There are approximately 100 users utilizing the solution in our organization.

I would definitely recommend it to others.

I rate Microsoft Azure as a seven out of ten.

Team leader Modern Workplace, Senior Solution Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Cloud based, always up-to-date, and is always evolving

What is our primary use case?

With Microsoft Azure, you can replace internal IT infrastructure platforms, and you can create new cloud-driven software developments. Microsoft Azure is a large cloud computing platform. It's a large cloud service for Microsoft that is built on top of tens of thousands of services.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see it more easily accessible.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for two years. We are using the latest version.

It is cloud software, and as such, it's not stable. Cloud software evolves quickly, but there are not a lot of new features. The software is stable for the moment, but there is an ongoing development of the software that…

What is our primary use case?

What needs improvement?

I would like to see it more easily accessible.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for two years.

We are using the latest version.

The software is stable for the moment, but there is an ongoing development of the software that is creating several features. It is fine as it is.

Microsoft Azure is built for scalability. It's perfect.

We have 60 users in our company who use Microsoft Azure.

We plan, to increase the number of users. All of our colleagues will be working with the software in the future.

We use Teams for Virtual meetings.

As a cloud solution, there is no installation.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are considering using it.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

Architect/ Project Manager at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides very good security, scalability, and elasticity

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is generally for infrastructure service, and also for VC-migrations and district modernization using the platform service. We're a consulting firm so we use this solution and also deploy it for our customers. I'm an architect/project manager and we are partners of Microsoft.

What is most valuable?

The main beneficial features the product provides are security, scalability, and elasticity.

What needs improvement?

The technical support could be improved. When we leave tickets, it can take some days before the issue is dealt with.

I've been using this solution for four years.

We haven't had any issues with…

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for four years.

We haven't had any issues with stability in the last 12 months, prior to that there were some small problems.

The scalability is good, most of our clients are enterprise size organizations.

The initial setup is straightforward, the environment is mature with a lot of documentation.

The price of the solution is okay although it depends on the region of the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

A company should look at the suitability for their use case before choosing a solution.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Managing Director at a tech company with 11-50 employees
A stable and easy-to-use cloud computing platform
  • "It's stable, easy to use, reliable, and cheap."

What is our primary use case?

It's cloud computing. It's just an alternative to buying physical servers and storage.

Within our organization, there are roughly 2,000 employees using this solution. We definitely plan to keep using this solution in the future.

What is most valuable?

It's stable, easy to use, reliable, and cheap.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for the past few years.

This solution is very stable.

Technical support is pretty good. I think they're doing pretty well.

We used to use Amazon AWS.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It only takes minutes because it's cloud provisioning.

I installed this solution myself along with the help of three technical team members.

The price needs to be lower because they're competing with AWS. AWS, price-wise, is sexier. In this case, Azure needs to do better in terms of pricing.

We are on a subscription; we pay on a monthly basis. It's consumption-based, so the price varies depending on usage.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight. I am satisfied with Microsoft Azure.

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others.

Download our free Microsoft Azure Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.