We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Veerender Kumar
Product Owner at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Easy to use, stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Azure for our internal systems during elections. We monitored the election party and we had a database of 20 million users.

What is most valuable?

The solution is similar to a plug-and-play system, it is easy to use.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for approximately two years.

Microsoft Azure has been stable

The solution is scalable.

The technical support of Microsoft is okay. However, there were times we had to speak to them in the US time zone which was not convenient. There are times we have to wait because of the time zone issue.…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The solution is similar to a plug-and-play system, it is easy to use.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for approximately two years.

Microsoft Azure has been stable

The solution is scalable.

The solution takes two to five people to implement and for maintenance; if the environment is larger it still only takes two to five people.

The subscription models can be confusing and it would be beneficial for them to simplify them. We are on an annual subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Microsoft Azure an eight out of ten.

Chief Financial Officer & Chief Operations Officer at a energy/utilities company with 1-10 employees
Stable, scalable, and easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

It is the backend system to support our SaaS products. We have its cloud-based latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is stable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

Price could always be better. The features come in quickly, so we're comfortable with the feature set that is available to us.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. Currently, we have 10 users.

They are fine with regard to service and support.

Its initial setup is straightforward. It took about two weeks. …

What is our primary use case?

It is the backend system to support our SaaS products.

We have its cloud-based latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is stable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. Currently, we have 10 users.

They are fine with regard to service and support.

Its initial setup is straightforward. It took about two weeks.

We had an internal team. We had two people do the initial install. They were developers and
system engineers.

Price could always be cheaper. Its licensing and usage aren't always cheap.

We pay monthly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to other users who are looking into implementing such a solution. I would rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,322 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Business Analyst at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Has complete documentation and is stable and secure
  • "Some features of Azure are very important for us. You can control access for your company, it's not complicated managing the solution either. I think the solution is very stable, secure and the documentation Microsoft has on their website is complete. You can use it to find the solution's problems or implement solutions."
  • "An issue I encountered was around the integration of Identity. I lost some important information and I would like to see improvements with this."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

An issue I encountered was around the integration of Identity. I lost some important information and I would like to see improvements with this.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for approximately 2 years now

Azure is very easy to manage

We are a Microsoft partner and implement in-house.

The pricing depends on the solutions I want to use, but I think the price is good because there are many free features in the solution. If you need something more advanced, like Azure AD Premium, you have other features available like risk management.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Azure a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Techno Functional Project Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Highly compatible with Microsoft technologies, good community support, but price could improve

What is our primary use case?

I am a manager of a team and we will have approximately 18 applications that will be cloud-based using this solution.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features of Microsoft Azure is the compatibility with all of our Windows applications and other Microsoft technologies.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for approximately one year.

The solution could improve the stability. However, this could be a configuration issue that we are not been trained.

There is good community support available.

I have previously used AWS and GCP. …

What is most valuable?

I have been using Microsoft Azure for approximately one year.

There is good community support available.

I have previously used AWS and GCP.

Microsoft Azure is more expensive than other solutions, such as GCP. We have found that GCP offers more utilities at a very reasonable price. I think the reason we are having a discount is because of the bank contract we have.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I rate Microsoft Azure a seven out of ten.

Managing Director at D3
Easy to use administrator interface, stable, and straightforward installation

What is our primary use case?

We are using SharePoint through Azure.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped our company by having zero maintenance.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is very good for administrators.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft should have one package for all their solutions in one place to be found.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for one year.

Microsoft Azure is stable.

I have found Microsoft Azure scalable.

I have satisfied with the technical support from Microsoft.

The initial setup…

What is our primary use case?

We are using SharePoint through Azure.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped our company by having zero maintenance.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is very good for administrators.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Microsoft Azure for one year.

Microsoft Azure is stable.

I have found Microsoft Azure scalable.

I have satisfied with the technical support from Microsoft.

The initial setup was easy.

I did the implementation of the solution.

The price of the solution could be less expensive and the pricing model could be less confusing.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement the solution is to have training. It is important to train the internal employees.

I rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

Team Lead Information Security Control at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to manage on private cloud

What is our primary use case?

I am a Team Lead of Information Security Control. We currently have 200 users working with Azure in our organization.

How has it helped my organization?

Capacity planning has played an important part in working with Azure because it estimates all of the business goals and translates messages into the technology that is required to support.

What is most valuable?

The ability to create the actual resource on the private cloud is easy to manage with Microsoft Azure.

What needs improvement?

The response time and stability of Microsoft Azure need to be improved.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for four years.

The maintenance of this solution is done through…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The response time and stability of Microsoft Azure need to be improved.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for four years.

The maintenance of this solution is done through Microsoft's partner, I would consider the service acceptable.

The initial deployment was done by Microsoft. The integration experience was good. The deployment and configuration was easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend working with Azure as this is a easy tool to use. I would rate this solution an 8 out of 10.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
IT Project Manager, Senior Java Developer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
A very user friendly interface, easy access, and great features
  • "Great features at a good price."
  • "Performance could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I am a customer of Microsoft Azure and this solution is for my personal use.

What is most valuable?

Compared to other solutions, I find Azure to be the best organized in terms of user interface, access, and features. The Google cloud platform is very awkward, access is not easy and it's difficult to see the prerequisites for your needs. With Microsoft, everything is easily accessible, you see all the preconditions, all the requirements with great monitoring, and at a good price. They do a lot of promotions so I was able to get the Azure subscription with my Visual Studio subscription.

What needs improvement?

It's possible that the performance could be improved, but it's not a big issue.

I've been using this solution for two years.

I haven't had experience with Microsoft's technical support because they offer good insights in the platform itself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product.

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Technical Lead at FD
MSP
Frequently updated enhancements, easy to use, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for multiple purposes. For example, for a chatbot and for multiple authentications for service technologies we are developing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of the solution are ease of use and the enhancements are continually being updated.

What needs improvement?

There could be more documentation and video tutorials to incorporate each and every feature. This way one can easily get the knowledge and implement it.

I have been using this solution for approximately three years.

The solution is scalable.

We have approximately 40 developers using the…

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately three years.

The solution is scalable.

We have approximately 40 developers using the solution in my organization.

The technical support is good.

The installation is straightforward.

There is a license for the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We plan to continue using the solution in the future and I recommend it to others.

I rate Microsoft Azure an eight out of ten.

Download our free Microsoft Azure Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.