We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Risk Manager at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
A stable and scalable solution with good tech support, but lacking proper ease of use and dashboards
  • "The solution is stable."
  • "Use of the solution could be easier."

What is our primary use case?

As the solution is cloud-based, we always use the latest solution.

We make use of the solution in the cloud for specific internal applications.

What needs improvement?

Use of the solution could be easier. It is too complex.

The solution is not sufficiently informative and there is a need to wade through much information.

Moreover, we find it lacking when it comes to active dashboards. This is problematic when looking to Teams, as it does not allow one to know what is transpiring in real time, such as when there are concurrent conferences. This information only becomes available the following day.

I have been using Microsoft Azure Review for three years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

Microsoft's technical support is good. There is no room for improvement.

We looked at web user before going with the solution.

As the solution is cloud-based there is no installation involved.

The license is on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

There are approximately 100 users utilizing the solution in our organization.

I would definitely recommend it to others.

I rate Microsoft Azure as a seven out of ten.

Team leader Modern Workplace, Senior Solution Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Cloud based, always up-to-date, and is always evolving

What is our primary use case?

With Microsoft Azure, you can replace internal IT infrastructure platforms, and you can create new cloud-driven software developments. Microsoft Azure is a large cloud computing platform. It's a large cloud service for Microsoft that is built on top of tens of thousands of services.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see it more easily accessible.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for two years. We are using the latest version.

It is cloud software, and as such, it's not stable. Cloud software evolves quickly, but there are not a lot of new features. The software is stable for the moment, but there is an ongoing development of the software that…

What is our primary use case?

What needs improvement?

I would like to see it more easily accessible.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for two years.

We are using the latest version.

The software is stable for the moment, but there is an ongoing development of the software that is creating several features. It is fine as it is.

Microsoft Azure is built for scalability. It's perfect.

We have 60 users in our company who use Microsoft Azure.

We plan, to increase the number of users. All of our colleagues will be working with the software in the future.

We use Teams for Virtual meetings.

As a cloud solution, there is no installation.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are considering using it.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,729 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Architect/ Project Manager at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides very good security, scalability, and elasticity

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is generally for infrastructure service, and also for VC-migrations and district modernization using the platform service. We're a consulting firm so we use this solution and also deploy it for our customers. I'm an architect/project manager and we are partners of Microsoft.

What is most valuable?

The main beneficial features the product provides are security, scalability, and elasticity.

What needs improvement?

The technical support could be improved. When we leave tickets, it can take some days before the issue is dealt with.

I've been using this solution for four years.

We haven't had any issues with…

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for four years.

We haven't had any issues with stability in the last 12 months, prior to that there were some small problems.

The scalability is good, most of our clients are enterprise size organizations.

The initial setup is straightforward, the environment is mature with a lot of documentation.

The price of the solution is okay although it depends on the region of the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

A company should look at the suitability for their use case before choosing a solution.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Managing Director at a tech company with 11-50 employees
A stable and easy-to-use cloud computing platform
  • "It's stable, easy to use, reliable, and cheap."

What is our primary use case?

It's cloud computing. It's just an alternative to buying physical servers and storage.

Within our organization, there are roughly 2,000 employees using this solution. We definitely plan to keep using this solution in the future.

What is most valuable?

It's stable, easy to use, reliable, and cheap.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for the past few years.

This solution is very stable.

Technical support is pretty good. I think they're doing pretty well.

We used to use Amazon AWS.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It only takes minutes because it's cloud provisioning.

I installed this solution myself along with the help of three technical team members.

The price needs to be lower because they're competing with AWS. AWS, price-wise, is sexier. In this case, Azure needs to do better in terms of pricing.

We are on a subscription; we pay on a monthly basis. It's consumption-based, so the price varies depending on usage.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight. I am satisfied with Microsoft Azure.

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others.

System Administrator at A&T Systems
    Offers multi-factor-authenticated single sign-on and the technical support is good
    • "The most valuable feature is the single sign-on with multifactor authentication."
    • "The subscription licensing is very complex and we would like to have it simplified."

What is our primary use case?

Everything we have is hosted on Azure, include our email, as well as applications that we use like SharePoint and Office 365.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the single sign-on with multifactor authentication. Our staff uses an accounting system, they visit different bank sites, and the sales team uses Salesforce We want to be able to access all of these things with a single sign-on. In total, there are more than 50 sites. We are still evaluating this and it is not in production, yet.

What needs improvement?

The cost of Microsoft Azure could be lowered.

The ease of configuration and use should be improved.

We have been using Azure for about four years.

Azure is quite stable.

I would say that this solution is scalable.

Technical support for Exchange and Sharepoint is quite good. Their response time is really good.

The initial setup is not complex.

Founder at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
    A stable and easy to use cloud computing solution
    • "It is very easy to use, especially if it is on the servers. Also, I have found it to be easier to use than AWS. It is a stable and scalable product as well. I think it is also secure."
    • "I think the cloud interface could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I installed it to perform some tests and use it on the Microsoft servers.

How has it helped my organization?

I used Microsoft Azure to run some tests and found it to be easy to use, particularly on the Microsoft servers. I use AWS on the Linux servers.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to use, especially if it is on the servers. Also, I have found it to be easier to use than AWS

It is a stable and scalable product as well. I think it is also secure.

What needs improvement?

I think the cloud interface could be improved.

I have been using this solution for a year.

It is a very stable solution.

I think Microsoft Azure is a scalable solution.

The deployment process was easy and straightforward. It took about 10 minutes.

I installed the solution myself because I was performing some tests.

I currently use the pay-as-you-go option.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this solution at eight. It is a very stable and secure product.

It is also easier to use than AWS.

Technical Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    It gives you the power to process lots of data, but it could be integrated better with other solutions
    • "Databricks is really nice because you have the power to process lots of data and you can create queries and provide big analysis for the business using a robust cluster."
    • "Maybe Azure could add an address code to create your analysis without SQL or Python because some business users don't want it to code. So it's good to have a service application that connects to the data lake to conduct analysis and simplify the business process."

What is our primary use case?

I was working on a project with a Czech company related to big data architecture and Databricks. The main goal was to provide a robust architecture to create data lakes with Databricks and Data Warehouse, provide self-service to the business area, etc. And I have experience with SAP as well. So one of our systems connects to create the ETL to load all the data to the data lake and other data businesses like Oracle, SQL, etc.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Maybe Azure could add an address code to create your analysis without SQL or Python because some business users don't want it to code. So it's good to have a service application that connects to the data lake to conduct analysis and simplify the business process.

I've been using Microsoft Azure since 2018.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Azure seven out of 10. It's really good, but maybe it's missing some features or some integration so it can work better with non-Microsoft applications.

Hybrid Cloud

Owner and Senior Technical Architect at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
    A secure, vast, and powerful platform that provides many possibilities and reduces the strain on internal IT
    • "It is so huge and so powerful. The best thing is the possibilities of things that you can actually do with it. If you do it right, you can work or host your stuff a lot cheaper than traditionally. Its security is good, and it also reduces the strain on internal IT."
    • "I would like to see improved migration tools. It is improving week by week. They just need to make sure that they keep up with the new functionality provided in other clouds."

What is most valuable?

It is so huge and so powerful. The best thing is the possibilities of things that you can actually do with it. If you do it right, you can work or host your stuff a lot cheaper than traditionally.

Its security is good, and it also reduces the strain on internal IT.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improved migration tools. It is improving week by week. They just need to make sure that they keep up with the new functionality provided in other clouds.

I have been using this solution for nine years.

I have not been overly impressed with stability in the last years.

By definition, it is scalable. Indirectly, one of our customers probably has more than 100,000 users.

If you take the normal technical support, then it is okay. If you pay for premium technical support, then it is really good.

Its initial setup is straightforward. You don't have to do anything. It is all done for you.

What other advice do I have?

I am a Microsoft partner, so I would, of course, recommend it. I would recommend Azure, then AWS, and then Google.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

Download our free Microsoft Azure Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.