We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Business Development Executive at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Has better features than Microsoft Teams and Zoom with an intuitive interface
  • "I don't think Zoom has anywhere near the features and functionality of Webex."
  • "My biggest issue with the solution involves its price, which I find to be prohibitive for small governments and modest-sized schools."

What is our primary use case?

I have no idea which version we are using at present.

What needs improvement?

It is difficult for me to put my finger exactly on what needs to be improved with the solution.

This said, I feel the greatest issue with the solution is its price. Small governments and modest-sized schools simply cannot afford it.

I have been working with Webex for five-plus years.

The solution is definitely stable. We are talking about a Cisco product and it has been around for years.

My biggest issue with the solution involves its price, which I find to be prohibitive for small governments and modest-sized schools.

I feel the solution to be stable and they are constantly improving on it. It is probably the best in the market for its kind. I have often heard anecdotally from those using Microsoft Teams that Webex has many features which it lacks.

There is also Zoom, which people like, supposedly for its ease of use. Initially, there were many issues with it, not least of all that the database is housed in China. Yet, I feel they have since gotten passed these, as they experienced growing pains during the pandemic, when usage spiked. They started to offer the solution free of charge.

I don't think Zoom has anywhere near the features and functionality of Webex.

I only use Zoom or Teams when another person does who has initiated the call.

What other advice do I have?

I can't say for certain how the solution is deployed, although this is likely on the cloud. I use the cloud-based version. I know there is an app, part of which, I assume, could be cloud-based. I mostly use the solution on my computer, which has a VPN connection.

Issues I encountered in the past did not involve the product itself, but resulted from my computer and connections being slow. Moreover, as a company, we need to do a much better job training people. There is a need to learn with experience and I am not certain I did this properly. I feel the product has much more potential for use than I make of it.

I find the solution to be convenient. In the past I found it to be a bit on the clunky side, but now the interfaces are pretty intuitive and they are constantly improving on the solution.

I rate Webex as a solid eight out of ten.

CEO at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Comparable with other products, good screen share, and good functionality
  • "Screen share is the most valuable feature."
  • "An opportunity they could benefit from would be a version that includes meeting transcription. I usually use a third-party product to do transcription."

What is most valuable?

Screen share is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

An opportunity they could benefit from would be a version that includes meeting transcription. I usually use a third-party product to do transcription.

In terms of Screen share, it would be helpful to have more control over what is being presented on the screen. They may have that functionality, but I've never used it. For example, being able to click back to look at previous slides, even though the presenter has gone forward, or having some type of pointer mechanism that helps to call out different areas of the screen when presenting.

They may already have a function for this that I am not aware of, but I would like to see more whiteboarding capabilities. I would think of this in terms of post-it notes or other things where you can facilitate some interactive engagement. There are products like Miro and CloudBoard, as well as a slew of others of a similar nature. I believe Microsoft Teams has something similar built-in. But, given how much time people spend in online meetings, I believe there should be ways to engage or create more engagement with the participants.

I have been using Webex for approximately six months.

We use the most current Windows-based version.

Overall, it is pretty reliable. Webex is fairly stable.

I have not had to use technical support.

I am also using Zoom. I use Zoom more frequently than I have used Webex.

I have been doing some research on Robotic Process Automation, Automation Anywhere, and UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest going through some type of tutorial. There's functionality under the hood that isn't always obvious, or necessarily easy to find. I have run into this type of problem before, such as how to flip the switch so that when you start a meeting, you're not automatically muted, and so on. You have to understand your configuration settings so that you don't waste time on silly challenges, particularly when you're in the middle of a meeting.

I would rate Webex a nine out of ten. I think it's comparable to other products on the market. I have a preference for Zoom just because I am more familiar with it and its capabilities. But apart from that, I think it's a decent product.

Learn what your peers think about Webex. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
565,304 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Lead Presales at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Easy to set up with excellent technical support and good stability
  • "Cisco is a pioneer in this particular technology. The features and technology have been adopted and they have been integrated with other solutions."
  • "The licensing could be a bit simpler."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution purely as a end-user support. We use it specifically for virtual meetings,

What is most valuable?

Cisco Webex is definitely a good solution.

The product is stable.

We find the solution to be scalable.

The initial setup is pretty simple.

The technical support on offer is excellent.

What needs improvement?

The licensing could be a bit simpler.

We've used the solution for three or four years.

The stability of the solution is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability is good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

We have three or four engineers that work on the solution.

Cisco has very good technical support across all of its offerings, not just WebEx. They are helpful and responsive. We're quite pleased with their level of service.

We've used this solution for a very, very long time. We didn't use a different product previously. We do also use Zoom alongside WebEx.

The installation is quite straightforward. It's not a difficult implementation.

That said, I did not deal with a full implementation and therefore I can't speak to how long the deployment takes.

One engineer is more than enough to handle deployment and maintenance. With cloud-based solutions, they simply have to activate the licenses and download the agent. That's basically it. Cisco has made it easy.

In terms of the licensing part, sometimes we don't understand the product line. It's a major difference between Cisco and Zoom. Zoom is more straightforward in terms of licensing and how costs are laid out.

The solution is subscription-based.

The product is expensive. Recently, during the pandemic, they came up with some promos however, otherwise, in a normal scenario, it is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

MBFA at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
Handles present demands while future-proofing your needs
  • "The solution is very valuable for conference calls, as a lot of businesses are switching from work-from-home."
  • "When it was just two people trying to conference, it was easier. But now I see there are times when many people have to be on the call at the same time. That's definitely something that Webex can help with."

What is our primary use case?

We use Cisco Webex for meetings. And we have different packages for that. It can also be integrated with Teams.

How has it helped my organization?

We recently switched over to Webex, and the changes allow us to make conference calls up to 100 members at the same time, depending on the package we go with. It can be done from a desk phone. There is screen sharing, group chat, and all of that included in Webex.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very valuable for conference calls because I see a lot of businesses are switching from work-from-home. When it was just two people trying to conference, it was easier. But now I see there are times when many people have to be on the call at the same time. That's definitely something that Webex can help with. The file-sharing is helpful too, so you aren't emailing all the time. The solution takes care of most of your communication needs.

The solution is stable. We've used Webex for training before, and we have never had problems. I personally have never had problems using Webex being on those calls, because the best part is that you definitely don't need to have access to internet to attend those calls. Sometimes, if you're on the go, you could simply just dial in and be a part of the meeting as well.

The solution is very scalable. You can have at least 100 people on a conference call.

From what I've heard and from the training we've had, the solution does seem to be very user-friendly. One does not have to be a very high-end IT person to be able to fix these things.

Our company does provide installation, and once the tech is on site, they can help you with most issues while they're there.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the solution a nine out of ten. It's definitely something that is future-proofing your needs. I'm not sure how long we'll have this COVID, but this does seem to be a solution that not only handles the present demands, but also something that we would need in the future as well. With so many people working remotely, this definitely makes sense, for most businesses at least.

Senior Specialist, e-Transformation Services at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Offers many features, is flexible, and can be configured in multiple ways
  • "You can configure whatever you want in great detail."
  • "They should work to make it simpler."

What is our primary use case?

Whenever I try to use it, whenever I plan a meeting, I visit the website and set it up. We use it primarily for meetings.

What is most valuable?

The solution has many features. For example, it has more features than Zoom, which we also use.

You can configure whatever you want in great detail. It's very flexible.

The solution scales well.

What needs improvement?

It's a bit complex. There's more complexity involved than with, for example, Zoom. The extra features it offers makes everything just a little bit more confusing. They should work to make it simpler.

The initial setup can be a bit difficult.

The stability needs to be better.

We've been using the solution for almost two years now. We've been using it since the beginning of the pandemic.

I wouldn't describe it as stable. I've had issues with it in the past.

In terms of scalability, you can install it to every client and you can invite hundreds of people into one meeting. The scalability is high and very good.

Thousands of people use the solution in our organization. It's used at all levels from management down.

I'm not sure if there are plans to increase usage or not.

I've never actually dealt with technical support and therefore cannot comment on their service level. Whenever I have issues, I reach out to my internal IT team. They may have contacted WebEx at some point, however, I can't say for certain that's the case.

We also use a solution called Jabber, which can communicate with Cisco. I also use Zoom.

The initial setup is a bit more difficult than, for example, Zoom, which is quite straightforward.

There is just one person needed to install and maintain the product.

I tried to install it myself, however, ultimately, I needed to get help from our system admins.

What other advice do I have?

We are a Cisco partner. We're also customers.

I would recommend the product to others.

I'd rate it at an eight out of ten.

Denny Oommen
Senior Manager-Collaboration (Presales) at syndrometech
You get 1,000 participants per meeting by default and can join from 75 meeting units
  • "Webex's main feature is you get 1,000 participants per meeting by default and can join from 75 meeting units. You don't have to buy additional licenses."
  • "Zoom entered into the commercial space for end-users. It's more of a solution for single users for training classes or music centers and all that. Cisco is not in that space."

What is our primary use case?

We use Webex for virtual meetings.

What is most valuable?

I've been using Webex for 14 years.

Webex is very global. Cisco developed it, and the guy who founded Zoom was part of Webex before Cisco acquired it.

Webex support is absolutely great.

The requirements are the same as Zoom. It's all about the same. We take the customer's order and get a provisioning form. They just have to enter whatever URL they want. It's something like abcd.webex.com. They will be the admin, and we will take the email they give us. We will put that in, and once I have provisioned it, he gets a mail saying it is done and we call them to say it's ready.

He gets the email and clicks on that link to set up his password. Once he has set up his password, he can start administering and doing whatever he wants. For example, he can add the rest of the users.

Earlier, Webex was relatively expensive. However, now that there is more competition in the market, they have lowered the price and added more features to match Zoom.

Cisco comes up with new updates and features every month. More features, and now they have acquired some companies and put together some features that others don't have. They acquired Slido and integrated some of its features.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Webex 10 out of 10. Webex is good. I deployed it at a bank just five ago, and I'm expecting another order for Webex tomorrow. Webex has huge customers because they were already there in the enterprise space.

Zoom entered into the commercial space for end-users. It's more of a solution for single users for training classes or music centers and all that. Cisco is not in that space. Cisco is the enterprise space. We got an order for 50 licenses for city governments in India yesterday.

IT Technical III - IT Security at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to install and use, and the remote control features are helpful
  • "Webex is easy to use, even for people who are just learning it."
  • "This solution would be much better if we could install an endpoint and have centralized management."

What is our primary use case?

I use Webex for having meetings in the cloud. For example, sometimes I use it for technical reviews with my team, and sometimes, I used it for education.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the remote control. I can share my screen, or control other PCs, which are very good features. I can do all of this from home without having to travel.

Webex is easy to use, even for people who are just learning it. They can join meetings or share content with the click of a link.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be much better if we could install an endpoint and have centralized management. This would allow me to subscribe, push an endpoint to the client, and then control these points.

I would like to see the inclusion of security agents, for example from McAfee or Symantec, which can scan the communication for threats. This would help avoid problems if a user has malware on their machine. Webex would also be able to scan for malicious files.

I have been using Webex for three years.

The stability is very good and Cisco is doing a great job with it. We use it on a regular basis.

This is a scalable product. In the past three years, I have not faced any issues related to scalability.

I have been in touch with Cisco support and they are very good. For enterprise-level organizations, I find them very good.

I have also used GoToMeeting and Zoom. I found that Webex is easier to use than these other products.

This cloud-based solution is very easy to install, with only a single click.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is simply that if this product fits the requirements then people should just start using it. It is very easy to use and can't be complicated, even for non-professional users.

Senior Manager at RP Sanjiv Goenka Group
Stable, secure, and works without issue
  • "The product is quite secure. Other products, such as Zoom, have had security issues raised in the media."
  • "The interface could be a bit more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We only use the solution for virtual meetings.

What is most valuable?

The stability, as well as the performance of the solution, are very good.

What we have seen from, for example, Google Meet, is that there is some kind of disruption or some issues which we have been facing. However, with WebEx, we have not faced any kind of issue.

The product is quite secure. Other products, such as Zoom, have had security issues raised in the media. With WebEx, we are assured our internal meetings are protected.

What needs improvement?

The interface could be a bit more user-friendly.

We first had it installed with the pandemic started. We've been using it since around 2020.

The product is quite stable and the performance is good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

We have our own internal support. We have one manager and four or five engineers who basically handle all issues. I don't directly deal with the troubleshooting and cannot speak to the process.

I'm also familiar with Zoom and Google Meet. We use these as well as WebEx. In fact, before we started using WebEx, we used Google Meet specifically.

Prior to that, we had more physical, in-person meetings, however, the pandemic has changed how we do meetings now, and we do much more virtual meetings.

WebEx is more secure than, for example, Zoom.

As a cloud-based solution, the initial implementation is quite simple and straightforward. It's not complete or difficult at all. There is no physical installation required.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. I cannot speak to the exact version number.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been pretty happy with its capabilities overall.

I would definitely recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

Product Categories
Virtual Meetings
Download our free Webex Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.