We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Financial Controller at a logistics company with 501-1,000 employees
Reliable, easy to use and install
  • "It's simple to use and very direct."
  • "I am not sure if it has an HR and Payroll functionality, but it would be helpful and make it a more complete ERP if they could put the HR and Payroll functionality in it."

What is our primary use case?

I work in a small college. It is a small to medium-sized enterprise, with few requirements. We are in the service sector and this product works for us.

We have done some integrations with our operational software. We are doing the billing, warehouse management, and inventory management.

We are doing financials.

We also do a full end-to-end procurement from purchasing.

What is most valuable?

It's simple to use and very direct.

I like the simplicity and that it's not very complicated.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see some shortcuts. Sometimes, you find that you have used some ERPs and other systems that make use of external data from applications such as Excel. If you have some information in Excel and you want to easily customize it for entry for SAP then this is an area that is a problem. If you want to do this then it becomes difficult. I know that there are avenues where it can be done, but it becomes difficult. It is much more difficult when you compare it with what I have experienced with some other systems.

I have been worked with this solution for six years.

It's a stable solution. We haven't had any limitations yet.

We have approximately 50 users.

We haven't contacted technical support through SAP.

We have a local support partner here. When we have some small issues, we are able to go through them and they help us.

The initial setup was straightforward. It wasn't very difficult.

We don't require a team for maintenance.

We feel that the licensing fees are a bit on the higher side. If there is a scope for reductions, it would be very welcome.

The price could always be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Business One to someone who is the in the scale of what we do. It's a pretty stable system. That said, there is always room for improvement in any product.

IT Head at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Good licensing model, simple, and stable, but not suitable for large enterprises
  • "It is quite simple, and it is suitable for medium and small businesses."
  • "Our company is expanding to different countries, and business is growing. We feel that it is not good enough for the huge volume of the business. On-premises setup is not good enough for the overseas office. We have our onsite premises in Hong Kong, but we have a major sales office in the US. We are looking for a more efficient setup to fulfill our requirements and needs. It can have portals for vendors, suppliers, and customers. I know that they have this feature in version 10, but it still has space to improve."

What is most valuable?

It is quite simple, and it is suitable for medium and small businesses.

What needs improvement?

Our company is expanding to different countries, and business is growing. We feel that it is not good enough for the huge volume of the business. On-premises setup is not good enough for the overseas office. We have our onsite premises in Hong Kong, but we have a major sales office in the US. We are looking for a more efficient setup to fulfill our requirements and needs.

It can have portals for vendors, suppliers, and customers. I know that they have this feature in version 10, but it still has space to improve.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is stable. There are some limitations, but they are there because we are using quite an old version. We are using version 9.2, which is no longer supported by the SAP. When we have to find any issue or any bug, it is not easy to find a way to resolve it. This is not really a product issue.

We get support from a local service provider. They also did the implementation of this solution. We have a good relationship with them for the enhancements on the software in the offices.

Its initial setup is simple. It was not done by me, but I know that it is not so complicated to set up.

We have a consultant firm that helps us with the setup.

Its licensing model is good. There is a one-off payment for the software license, and after that, you only need to pay the annual maintenance fee. Compared to other cloud-based systems, this cost model is quite reasonable for SMEs.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution depending on the nature and the size of the business. For SMEs with a simple business model, SAP Business One is good enough to meet their needs, but for big enterprises, SAP ECC would be more suitable.

I would rate SAP Business One a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about SAP Business One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,143 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ivan Avila
Administration and Finance Coordinator at Globaltech Ecuador
Good analytics, dashboard, stability, and support
  • "I like analytics, dashboard, and KPIs a lot. It is very helpful when I need to check balances and financial statements."
  • "We would like a mobile version of this for sales exhibits, etc. We would also like more personalization features to personalize it for our organization."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for all business processes such as finance, CRM, banking, treasury management, inventory, and purchases. We use all the modules in the suite.

What is most valuable?

I like analytics, dashboard, and KPIs a lot. It is very helpful when I need to check balances and financial statements.

What needs improvement?

We would like a mobile version of this for sales exhibits, etc. We would also like more personalization features to personalize it for our organization.

I have been using this solution for a year.

It is very good in terms of stability.

At the moment, we are a small organization. We have about ten active users. We are a growing company. In the future, we will get to know whether we can easily scale it or not.

Their support has been good. It has been a long time since we had any problem.

We had a lot of solutions. Basically, it has accounting, so we decided to move to this solution to meet our business needs.

It was a bit complex. This kind of implementation was new to us. Basically, we had to renew the data center, which required a lot of configuration. We also had to change a lot of permissions. The deployment took around two months.

We used a consultant. They listened to all of our problems. There were some problems that they didn't know how to solve, but overall, they were good. We had two people for its deployment.

We have two people for the maintenance of the data center. We have one internal person and one external person.

We pay annually. It is around 800 a month.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend doing proper testing because it is not a simple solution. It has many options and features.

I would rate SAP Business One a nine out of ten. It is a good solution.

Lilian Garcia
Director of Strategic Projects at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
User-friendly, easy to implement, and stable
  • "All parts for inventory control, project budget, accounting, and business information are valuable. It is very friendly to obtain information. It is also very easy to make the changes that we need. We have a developer with us, and he can make the required changes or rules."
  • "There should be a portal so that our providers can give us their invoices. This is something that it is missing currently. SAP provides such a portal with SAP ERP, but it is not available with SAP Business One."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for finance, warehouse, and sales.

What is most valuable?

All parts for inventory control, project budget, accounting, and business information are valuable.

It is very friendly to obtain information. It is also very easy to make the changes that we need. We have a developer with us, and he can make the required changes or rules.

What needs improvement?

There should be a portal so that our providers can give us their invoices. This is something that it is missing currently. SAP provides such a portal with SAP ERP, but it is not available with SAP Business One.

I have been using this solution for two years. We implemented it in 2019.

It is stable. When you're using a public cloud, it can be a little slow, which depends on your cloud provider. In the beginning, it was very slow. We then switched to Amazon, and since then, we haven't had any problems.

I haven't used their technical support. We have a developer for any help.

Its implementation is really easy. The hardest part is to change the process flow of the company.

What other advice do I have?

We evaluate every solution very closely before purchase. It gives us what we need, and we are using all the features that we need. We haven't had any problems.

It is very important to go for a contract that doesn't include paying your public cloud provider's company for development. It will give you the possibility to make your own changes without having to pay your public cloud vendor. You need to check the contracts to ensure that you can make changes without requesting the support of the public cloud vendor.

I would rate SAP Business One a nine out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
SAP Architecture Manager at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Good support, solid performance, and scales according to our needs
    • "There are only a few standard reports available and if you want more then they either have to be downloaded or built."

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and we use SAP Business One for most of our clients.

The basic modules that we use are for financials, inventory, account receivables, accounts payable, and human resources.

What is most valuable?

The vendor has a very good roadmap for the product.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see more options in terms of the product module. It requires more details for production because it is very basic.

There are only a few standard reports available and if you want more then they either have to be downloaded or built. Having more standard reports available would be an improvement.

I have been using SAP Business One for between 10 and 15 years.

Over the past ten years, we have found SAP Business One to be a very solid product.

This is a scalable solution and we currently have between 80 and 90 users.

In cases where we face problems, we directly connect with our partners. There is a service portal and product support is very good.

We did not use another similar product before this one.

The initial setup is straightforward and it takes a couple of days to deploy.

Our in-house team is in charge of implementation, deployment, and maintenance. Two staff are required for deployment.

We are currently working towards implementing the cloud-based, AWS, or Azure model.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I recommend it. At the same time, I would like to see improvements made to the reporting. Having more reports and better reporting options would earn it a perfect rating.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

VenkataM
    Deputy General Manager -IT at ROBO
    Good financial management features and support but the integration needs improvement
    • "The most valuable feature of this solution is Financial Management."
    • "There is no dependency, the integration between the other applications."

What is our primary use case?

This is a complete production. We are manufacturers, especially in the manufacturing demand.

All of the production, finance, purchases, and different modules are being used in SAP Business One.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is Financial Management.

What needs improvement?

The billing functionality and the integration of one department to other departments are areas that need improvement.

The price for AMC should be optional for those who do not use it.

There is no dependency, the integration between the other applications. For example, if I implement any third party, the integration will be a little bit complex.

The scalability of the data load and other aspects will also be complex.

If you login to SAP S4HANA, it takes you a maximum of 20 seconds and with SAP Business One it will take a least one minute.

Bandwidth needs improvement.

I would like to see production integration included in the next release.

The organization has been using this solution for ten years and I joined approximately two years ago.

This solution is stable. It's perfect. We have not had any issues.

It's a scalable product.

We have contacted technical support and we are satisfied with them.

The initial setup is moderate. I can't say that it is straightforward but it is not complex, and it is not easy.

It's at a moderate level.

In terms of price, it's fair, but the problem is with AMC. We are not using any AMC support but we are still paying it.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate SAP Business One a seven out of ten.

Software Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Plenty of features, priced well, and simple implementation
    • "I have been happy with the intern purchases, and finance, such as banking."
    • "SAP Business One could improve asset management, inventory management, banking system, and production. Additionally, SAP Business One did not deduct TDS, withholding tax on payments."

What is our primary use case?

We are using SAP Business One for finance, purchase, sales, and inventory management.

What is most valuable?

I have been happy with the intern purchases, and finance, such as banking.

What needs improvement?

SAP Business One could improve asset management, inventory management, banking system, and production. Additionally, SAP Business One did not deduct TDS, withholding tax on payments.

There have been some compliance effectiveness issues here in India. For example, in asset management, and business partner management.

In the next version of SAP Business One, they should add seemly integration and advanced functionality compliance.

I have been using SAP Business One for approximately six years.

SAP Business One has been stable.

I would rate the scalability of SAP Business One a six out of ten. The stability could improve.

I cannot rely on the complete functionality if I implement SAP Business One in my company. For example, if I implement Business One CRM and I cannot rely on it. It is the same with campaign management. It has some functions, but it's not 100% functional, which I can use for my company. We cannot only use this solution in my company because it lacks some functionality.

When you use the technical support you have to route through your implementation partner. Our implementation partner sometimes tells us that our issue or inquiry is not supported in the standard product functionality. He always rejects it. My experience with SAP technical team, it's not good.

The setup of SAP Business One is easy.

The price of SAP Business One is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate SAP Business One an eight out of ten.

Senior Consultant at Fair Trade company
    Reseller
    Fully integrated with good visuals and dashboards; lacks an advanced HR model for payroll
    • "It's fully integrated with great dashboard and interface."
    • "Lacks an advanced HR model with payroll."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of the product is for creating sales orders, checking inventory, creating searches, things like that. We are resellers and implementers and I'm a senior consultant.

What is most valuable?

I like this solution because it's fully integrated which means everything is connected. When we raise a sales order, everything is there so we don't need to go back to the purchase or finance departments to get what we need. They've made lots of improvements on the visuals and the usability in this latest version. The dashboards, interface and security are all amazing.

What needs improvement?

This is a relatively expensive solution and the cost should be reduced, especially now that there are competitors coming into the market. I'd like to see some advanced HR model with payroll, because it's lacking in this area.

I've been using this solution for five years.

This is a stable solution.

The solution is scalable up to 150 users which is fine for us because we're a relatively small company. Depending on the time of year, we have a maximum of 30 users.

We haven't had direct contact with technical support but some of our clients use them.  We tend to provide the support for clients in our region.

We're implementers, so the initial setup is easy for us.

We have a permanent license with an annual maintenance contract.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product but it's important to take your budget into account.

I rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Product Categories
    ERP
    Download our free SAP Business One Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.