We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Innocent Kurehwa
Wireless Technician at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Can be used to analyze signal strength between access points
  • "It gives you the whole user session, and you can tell that the client connected at the traffic post."
  • "I wish that Ruckus Wireless were more affordable for customers."

What is our primary use case?

It's our enterprise hotspot solution. I think we have over 350 hotspots, and they all use Ruckus. They all come to a controller.

What is most valuable?

I like it mostly because it gives you the whole user session, and you can tell that the client connected at the traffic post. You can actually analyze the signal strength between access points. Also, Ruckus Wireless has a mesh feature that allows you to deploy mesh mode if you can't call.

This solution is reliable and comes with prompt technical support. Installation is straightforward as well.

What needs improvement?

I wish that Ruckus Wireless were more affordable for customers. It works well but comes at a price.

When we were using the on-premises controller some time ago, they used to have a feature which they called third party. You could have third party access points report to the Ruckus controller. However, the firmware that features this has disappeared, but I think it would be ideal to have that installed.

We've been using Ruckus Wireless for maybe a year.

It is a reliable solution.

Ruckus Wireless technical support is prompt.

The initial deployment was straightforward.

I'm not sure of the details, but I think we have continuous licenses, annual licenses, and three year licenses. Cost-wise, I wish it were more affordable.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because as a company, we have deployed Ruckus as an enterprise solution. I would rate it at eight on a scale from one to ten.

Executive Director at a non-profit with 1-10 employees
A familiar brand that is reliable and I haven't experienced any problems with it

What is our primary use case?

We have an internal network in the house that we use it for. It all has access points all over.

What is most valuable?

I am familiar with the brand and it works well.

What needs improvement?

The price could be improved.

I have used the high-end version of Ruckus in my house and we will be using it in my building. We have an outside company to help us with this.  I have been using it in my house for two or three months. We are using the latest version.

I have not had any issues with the stability of Ruckus Wireless.

There are six of us in my house that use this solution and we also have an…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

I am familiar with the brand and it works well.

What needs improvement?

The price could be improved.

I have been using it in my house for two or three months.

We are using the latest version.

I have not had any issues with the stability of Ruckus Wireless.

There are six of us in my house that use this solution and we also have an outside guest house that has access.

I have not contacted technical support.

I did not install this solution, we had outside help.

We had an outside company install this solution. They oversee the network in my home.

The price is on the higher end. It's quite expensive, but that is what you get with these types of solutions. When you are dealing with Cisco or Ruckus, it's going to be a higher price.

What other advice do I have?

It's been good so far and I have not experienced any problems.

I would rate Ruckus Wireless a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Ruckus Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,729 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Kibue Gacuca
CEO at Comutaz Systems Limited
Extremely reliable, stable and scalable
  • "Very reliable."
  • "Could be more user friendly."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this soluton is for AP. I'm the CEO of the company.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its reliability.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see the solution become a little more user friendly. For additional features to the product, it would be helpful if they would introduce a self-healing mechanism and configuration.

I've been using this solution for 10 years.

Ruckus is completely stable.

Scalability for Ruckus is excellent.

The technical support is fine. Our main issue is the difficulty with the different time zone so there's sometimes a delay in response.

In addition to Ruckus we are also using Cisco Wireless LAN. It's not that one is better than the other, each has a different focus. For Cisco it's teaching and for Ruckus it's AP.

It's difficult to be satisfied with licensing costs. We are an African company and we always get a raw deal. We don't get the discounts that we'd like.

What other advice do I have?

I would take Ruckus over Meraki any day. Meraki is quite poor.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
DevOps System Engineer at Monash University
A flexible wireless networking solution that is easy to install and manage

What is our primary use case?

We use it as a telecom solution and for the wireless requirements of a government hospital.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to install, and the management is flexible.

What needs improvement?

It could be more stable.

I have been using Ruckus Wireless for more than seven years.

It's stable most of the time, but sometimes there's an issue with the operating system.

It's a scalable solution. Our biggest project is with the Taipei City Government. We have over 7,000 users at peak time.

It's easy to open a case, and the response is also quick. …

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

It's easy to install, and the management is flexible.

What needs improvement?

It could be more stable.

I have been using Ruckus Wireless for more than seven years.

It's easy to open a case, and the response is also quick.

It was easy to set up and install Ruckus Wireless. The time to install and deploy depends on the size of the project. But for a LAN AP installation, it takes around ten to 15 minutes.

We implemented this solution by ourselves as we're consultants.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Ruckus Wireless to new users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Ruckus Wireless an eight.

Analyst Programmer at Mauritius Telecom
Very easy for us to manage with high quality connection
  • "Good connection quality."
  • "Captive portal for guest access on the controller could be enhanced."

What is our primary use case?

I'm an analyst programmer and we're partners with Ruckus.

What is most valuable?

The quality of the connection is the best feature, we always use wireless connections like Ruckus. It's also a very easy solution to manage.

What needs improvement?

The captive portal for guest access on the controller is an additional detail that could be enhanced.

Currently the captive portal allows only choice of logo.

additional enhancement include : Different color schemes, customized html pages, pior login & post login pages, CP designs, Social media login, advertising, survey pages  , captive portal Configurator etc..

As such we get all in a box solution, no need for third party captive portal solution.

This solution is very stable.

This solution is definitely scalable.

My experience with technical support has been very good.

The pricing is reasonable but it's a tough market and there's a lot of competition.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
Antonis Mathioulakis
Owner at M&A Solutions IKE
Stable, scalable, and reliable wireless equipment

What is most valuable?

It's very reliable and it's easy to use. If you need more analytics regarding Smart Zone, IoT, or SOP platforms, it's great. But mostly, it's reliable wireless equipment.

What needs improvement?

The Ruckus platform in general could be improved — it could be more user-friendly. Ruckus should be more customizable, especially regarding KPIs and analytics.

I have been using Ruckus Wireless for three years.

Ruckus is both stable and scalable.

The customer support is average; overall, it's pretty good. But most of the companies in this area provide the same technical support.

The…

What needs improvement?

Ruckus should be more customizable, especially regarding KPIs and analytics.

I have been using Ruckus Wireless for three years.

Ruckus is both stable and scalable.

The initial setup is pretty easy. Deployment only takes a few minutes.

Ruckus is an expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight. I would absolutely recommend Ruckus to others — 100%.

Director at REDCO
No improvements necessary

What needs improvement?

There is some strain with Ruckus because of various buyouts involving the company used for data centers and the cluster.

What other advice do I have?

I don't have any problems or improvements to suggest for this solution. I would rate it as nine out of ten.

Product Categories
Wireless LAN
Download our free Ruckus Wireless Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.