We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
cloud solution architect at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reseller
Reliable, scalable, and has good support
  • "I like the familiarity of this solution."
  • "The initial setup could be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

We are CSP distributors. We are indirect resellers.

What is most valuable?

I like the familiarity of this solution.

What needs improvement?

No product is perfect, there is always room for improvement.

The solution to the market and the guidance for the customer should be streamlined.

From a customer perspective, it can be complex. It's a bit abstract for the customer.

They need to provide comprehensive and easy-to-understand guidelines for the customers to implement.

The initial setup could be simplified.

The customization could be improved.

I would like things to be easy for the customers and partners.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for five years. I am a Microsoft engineer. It was my first job, and I have used it throughout the years.

Microsoft Azure is very stable.

It's a very scalable product.

We like the technical support.

It can be complex when you deploy it on your own.

I have studied it, for me it was easy, but for our customers, it could be simplified. We want to make their lives easier.

Customers will need the help of an integrator or consultant.

Customers need to purchase additional services because of the complexity of it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Manager at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
It's a versatile platform that offers solutions for a wide range of clients and use cases

What is our primary use case?

The use case varies by client. Sometimes it's financial tools or websites. We build tools for DevOps applications too. Our most recent use cases are retail and construction.

What is most valuable?

Virtual machine services, in SaaS services, M365, and Data Lake are all popular with our clients.

What needs improvement?

When you use one feature in six months or a year, it changes for the others, and it isn't very easy. The filters are too complicated. I'd like to see better integration with S/4HANA integrated and other services, like monitoring, for example.

I've used Microsoft Azure for approximately two or three years.

Azure is highly scalable. …

What needs improvement?

I've used Microsoft Azure for approximately two or three years.

Azure is highly scalable.

In my experience, Microsoft support is outstanding. We're Microsoft partners, so when we need support, we get it immediately.

I think the setup is complicated, but if you have experience with other Microsoft products, you should be able to figure it out. The time needed for deployment depends on the client and the solution. For example, it's very different in the case of Data Analytics, which took us two or three months to deliver the solution.

The price of Azure is competitive with other cloud providers.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Azure nine out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
566,121 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MEGHNAD MAHATA
AVP (Enterprise Architecture) at National Stock Exchange of India Limited
Will enable us to move on-premise servers into the cloud to hold data

What is our primary use case?

We are going to use Microsoft Azure to move some on-premise servers into the cloud so that our data can be held there.

What is most valuable?

We are now trying to decide exactly this. Where can it improve our daily business?

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Azure can be pretty advanced and difficult to understand. I would like it to be simplified. The licensing especially needs to be simplified.

We have not been using Microsoft Azure for very long, about three months. My company has asked me to look for a better solution in terms of security perspective. They have asked me to technically go through to see if there is a real need to change or not, and what the new features are.

What do I think about the

What needs improvement?

The stability of Microsoft Azure has been very good from what we have seen.

I have not actually gone through the initial setup yet. So I am trying to figure that out. They want me to go through the training so I can understand the setup.

So far we are satisfied with the pricing of Microsoft Azure.

We are also looking into other platforms. Perhaps an open-source platform.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Azure at an eight out of a scale of ten.

Dražen Bzik
Head of Department at Combis d.o.o.
Highly scalable, good support, and plenty of services available
  • "Microsoft Azure has thousands of services and products."
  • "Microsoft Azure could improve by having the availability be 100%. Which is difficult, but not impossible."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Microsoft Azure for various databases, file storing, backup, disaster recovery. It's a very useful service.

What is most valuable?

Microsoft Azure has thousands of services and products.

What needs improvement?

In the future, there should be more automation.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for approximately four years.

The solution is stable.

Microsoft Azure is highly scalable.

Our customers that are using the solutions can have from 100 to several thousand that are using the solution.

We have plans to extend the usage of this solution.

The technical support is very good.

My projects are normally complex. However, the implementation of Microsoft Azure is very simple.

The length of time the full deployment can take depends on the complexity of the project. It can vary from one month to half a year. It depends on the goal of the project.

I would rate the initial setup of Microsoft Azure a four out of five.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is you need to be technically aware of Azure services, which are always in some kind of improvement. It is helpful to be aware of the possibility and functionality of your projects and the financial cost for Azure services in the project plan.

I rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

Principal Enterprise Architect at a construction company with 201-500 employees
Easy to build connectors but they should offer more customization
  • "It comes with a lot of ready-made studies that we can connect with other existing Microsoft applications, for example, Office, Outlook, Chatline, and OneDrive. Everything is behind the scenes running with Azure. It's easy to build the connectors."
  • "They are a bit closed on the customization side. If they open the customization then it will be very good."

What needs improvement?

It covers pretty much the similar problems that we face in many areas of Azure. If we are planning to use some of the Azure applications within our organization, there are some places that we need to complain about a complaint. Because of the design of Microsoft, we were not able to make this complaint. So, we are not able to use that interface.

I have been using Azure for two years.

The Azure setup itself is a big procedure, but once that setup is done, the adoption is basic, allowing developers to use the Azure platform for their resource site. Then we slowly open the Azure for the website and we slowly allow Azure to impact our office.

What other advice do I have?

We don't have customer reviews of some of those applications. They should provide a lot of understanding. If reviewing and rating also becomes one of the alternatives, I think that will be a big win for them.

They are loaded with functionalities. I would rate Azure a seven out of ten.

They are very open with the options, but customers are not there with the road map. There are too many options. That confusion is a con of the solution.

Head of Business Security Advisory at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Responsive and dedicated support, and the security is good

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Azure for many different things. It depends on the customer's requirements. For some, they use it for tasks, data lakes, and integration. Others use it for Business analytics. There are a few easy ones that use it as the ESPs, a few workloads, creating a three-tier application database and web for specific internal clients, or it could be larger with several integration points.

What is most valuable?

I worked with one of the largest airlines in the region or perhaps even in the world, and Microsoft service was one of the most prestigious ones.

What needs improvement?

Overall, the solution is good but there are some minor technical issues that can be resolved.

I have been using Microsoft…

What needs improvement?

I have been using Microsoft Azure for quite some time. Including the previews, it has been five or six years.

The support is responsive and dedicated to SMEs.

When there is a new case or, a requirement from the business, we rapidly check with the vendors in our region. We also sometimes work directly with Microsoft.

Generally, I work in IT and have experience with some cloud-based solutions.

There are several products that I appreciate from a security standpoint.

What other advice do I have?

I work in security and tend to appreciate security products more.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Senior Solutions Specialist at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Has good technical support and monitoring tools
  • "We are satisfied with the technical support."
  • "The process by which our customers can switch from one subscription to another should be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

We help our customers to migrate from on-premises to Azure.

We generally sell the infrastructure as a service, meaning we help our customers to migrate their on-premises VMware to cloud.

What needs improvement?

I cannot say for certain for how long we have been selling Microsoft Azure products, although I do know that we have been doing so for a long time.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We are satisfied with the technical support. Customers who have signed up for premium service benefit from better support.

The issue of installation does not concern us, as our job is solely to help our customers to migrate.

The licensing price is fine. We pay it on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is cloud-based.

We feel the monitoring tools to be sufficient. The interface, monitoring and dashboard features are good. I cannot say for certain about the security features.

While I cannot definitively say how many customers we have that are using Microsoft Azure, as I am not part of the production team, I do know that they comprise the majority.

I would recommend the solution to others contemplating its use.

I rate Microsoft Azure as an eight out of ten.

ICT Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to manage, good performance, and secure
  • "The solution is easy to manage within the cloud application, has good performance, and is secure."
  • "The solution could improve by being more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft Azure is an directory and identity management solution in the cloud, similar to an access gateway.

How has it helped my organization?

It has enable me to secure our office 365 tenant

What is most valuable?

Multifactor authentication, cloud App security. The features are easy to manage within the cloud application, has good performance, and is secure.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by being more user-friendly.

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

very good

The technical support has been responsive but sometimes the agent does not have the knowledge required for the proper immediate assistance.

we are previously using Hosted Exchange. We migrated in other to take advantage of rich collaborative features of o365

Initial setup was straightforward. Migration managed with out issue

In -house

95%

We are on an annual subscription. However, there are other options available.

What other advice do I have?

The smooth operation of the solution depends on the ability of the administrator. How the infrastructure is deployed overall and how it is optimized.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Microsoft Azure an eight out of ten.

Download our free Microsoft Azure Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.