Data Science Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Simple to learn, easy to use, and useful services

What is our primary use case?

I used the solution to build clusters. We use clusters to scale resources. We can process terabytes of data daily in batch jobs and stream processing. I have approximately five terabytes of data daily being processed in batch jobs on the EMR process. We have a script that upscales the services, resources, and runs the whole computation process, and then shuts down the resources when finished. We will also use a flow as a pipeline to build the scripts in sequence.

Additionally, my company has a lot of fraud detection solutions. We have solutions such as churn prevention, those models are now a product in AWS, and we use them. The resources and services that AWS provides are online 24 hours a day.

What is most valuable?

There are many valuable features, I find the EMR in the platform easy to use and to learn. The main services that are offered and used most often are easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Some services that are not used often have poor quality and need to be improved.

The stability is decent with the solution.

Amazon AWS
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Amazon AWS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is easy to scale the resources.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Amazon AWS an eight out of ten.

Broadcast System Manager at a media company with 501-1,000 employees
A very professional UI, easy to access, provides great security

What is our primary use case?

We are customers of Amazon AWS.

What is most valuable?

This solution is very easy to use and it has a professional interface. It's easy to access and is secure, two important features.

What needs improvement?

The cost of the solution could be improved, it's quite expensive. I find the networking to be overly complex.

I've been using this solution for four years.

Amazon AWS is a stable product.

The solution is scalable.

The initial setup was complex because of the networking setup we needed to create. This could have been a problem with the networking site.

We currently use Azure as well. AWS offers a very good platform mask and is easy to use. Azure is good for creating virtual machines and creating VLANs is very easy with the Azure site.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Amazon AWS
November 2022
654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Staff Manager at a hospitality company with 51-200 employees
Very reliable, fast to implement, and easy to scale based on the needs

What is our primary use case?

We used it for hosting our ERP and databases and the applications that we develop for working with our customers. We are using a lot of Amazon AWS services. It is a mixed environment, and we have a lot of components.

What is most valuable?

The capacity to grow dynamically based on our needs is most valuable. We can increase resources dynamically. It is also very reliable and fast to implement.

What needs improvement?

Their support can be improved. In some cases, their support is not as proficient as it can be. They should be quicker at getting back.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. It is very easy to scale if you need more resources. We have around 150 users of this solution in our company.

They need to be faster.

It was very easy and fast.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Amazon AWS a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Founder & Chief Operating Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Stable, easy to use, with good support, and it is priced well

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for hosting your infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

It's very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The activation process can be improved. Sometimes, the activation takes a lot of time. There are many components of the infrastructure.

Integration with in-house applications could be simplified.

We have been dealing with Amazon AWS for one year.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution.

It is a scalable product. We have 30 users in our organization.

We plan to continue to use Amazon AWS.

We have never had a problem with technical support.

There is no installation for this solution. It's a cloud solution.

There is a cost for any components you get.

AWS is not an expensive product.

What other advice do I have?

I absolutely recommend this product.

I would rate Amazon AWS an eight out of ten.

SAP Platform Security Consulting at a security firm with 1-10 employees
Easy to set up, flexible, and well-priced

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant and Amazon AWS is one of the platforms that I use.

What is most valuable?

The best features are flexibility and cost.

What needs improvement?

Scaling is an area that can be improved. For example, I would like to be able to change the amount of memory that is allocated to a server. This would give us better performance. I know that it can be done but it isn't obvious how to do it.

I have been working with Amazon AWS for between two and three years.

The technical support is good. We contacted them when we were working on a project and they were both knowledgeable and helpful.

The initial setup is easy.

There is some design that has to be done, including security and zoning.

The price for AWS is good.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Project Specialist at integra software
Stable, flexible, and easy to configure and implement

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for File Transfer Protocol (FTP) services. We are using it for file transfers from the US to India via FTP.

What is most valuable?

It is flexible. It is quite comfortable to use for organizations.

What needs improvement?

It just needs to be improved from the security perspective.

I have been using this solution for five years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We have 200 to 300 users currently, and we might increase its usage.

We don't have any challenges with technical support. We are fine with it.

There isn't much installation. It is just about hosting things, which doesn't take that much time. It was quite easy configuration-wise and implementation-wise.

We did it ourselves.

We evaluated Azure and other products.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Amazon AWS a ten out of ten.

CloudOps Leader at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Ever-improving, stable solution but could use APM monitoring

What is our primary use case?

I am the leader of a team that runs cloud operations for our clients. We work with AWS on a daily basis using it for synthetic and real use monitoring. Our company is partnered with AWS.

What is most valuable?

Since AWS came a bit later to the market, they are always improving and upgrading their platform.

What needs improvement?

They do not yet have a complete solution for APM monitoring. But this, along with real user monitoring, is something that they are actively working on improving.

I have been using AWS for about a year.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is easily scalable.

My team and I have not needed to contact support.

In general, the initial setup was quite easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a seven out of ten.

Sr. System Architect at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to install and has good storage, gateway, and documentation
  • "The storage is most valuable. The gateway and documentation are also quite good."
  • "Its price should be lower. The price for in-house usage should be different from production usage."

What is our primary use case?

We have just started to use this solution. We are using it for Amazon S3 Bucket.

What is most valuable?

The storage is most valuable. The gateway and documentation are also quite good.

What needs improvement?

Its price should be lower. The price for in-house usage should be different from production usage.

I have been using Amazon AWS for around a month.

I didn't use any other solution previously.

It was easy to install.

Its price should be lower. Currently, the price is the same if you are working in-house or in production. If you have to do internal testing or you are checking if things are working in-house, you need to pay for that, and the price is the same. The price for in-house usage should be different from production usage.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good solution. I would rate Amazon AWS an eight out of ten.

Download our free Amazon AWS Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022