We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Cesar Danecke
IT Supervisor at HORSCH BRASIL
Every new asset placed in the environment can be automatically detected
  • "Every new asset placed in the environment can be automatically detected, predicting human failures."
  • "Correlation of events would be a wonderful addition."

What is our primary use case?

• Monitor network assets
  • Data links
  • Disk space
  • Physical servers
  • More than 1k virtual machines
  • Websites

How has it helped my organization?

• Assertive monitoring
  • Customized messages
  • Configurable screens
  • Division by teams
  • Customizable alerts
  • Automated call opening
  • Mobile connections
  • Iintegrations

What is most valuable?

The discovery functionality. Every new asset placed in the environment can be automatically detected, predicting human failures.

What needs improvement?

The product is already great. Wanting something more could take the focus off the product. However, correlation of events would be a wonderful addition.

More than eight years.

No issues.

There are no scalability issues. The components scale.

We have not had any events that the team has not resolved.

The system has good documentation and a community full of talent.

I have already used Nagios, PRTG. After using Zabbix, I did not try new tools. I adapted and believe it would be difficult to convert all the rules to another system.

It is easy to deploy. The installation process is well-documented.

The implementation was carried out by an internal team. We acquired knowledge by reading manuals.

It is worth every cent to pay or even study to do your own installation.

I had a very good references to Zabbix, but I did have a look at Pandora FMS and Nagios.

What other advice do I have?

I believe in the system's potential.

Hybrid Cloud

Project Manager at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Straightforward to set up, and works well for monitoring our internal network
  • "The initial setup was not complex."
  • "The graphical user interface could be customized a little bit more, and also the dashboard could be more friendly."

What is our primary use case?

Primarily we are using an on-premise installation, and just now we are exploring the cloud installation. It's basically the same one. It's a pre-production and production environment. We use the on-premises for testing, and we have the one with the cloud installation also.

We are using this solution for monitoring our internal network and infrastructure in the company, and also for monitoring a couple of our customers' installations. Not only their network but also their services, and to reduce consumption.

What needs improvement?

I would like to recommend the possibility of being integrated for the monitoring of the Micro Strategy System environment and clusters of machine Micro Services.

I have been using Zabbix for perhaps six months

This solution is stable.

It's a scalable product. We have 20 users in our organization who are using it.

We don't have any experience with technical support. We haven't had any reason to contact them because we have been able to address any issues on our side.

The initial setup was not complex. It took two hours to install.

My colleague, along with one other internal team member deployed this solution. We did not use anyone externally.

What other advice do I have?

We have only just started using this solution a couple of months ago, but we plan to continue using it in the future.

I can recommend this product to others who are interested in using it.

Learn what your peers think about Zabbix. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,599 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Deputy Manager - Infrastructure at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good for monitoring but complicated to configure and it needs to be more customizable
  • "The most valuable feature is monitoring."
  • "Having a more customizable interface and dashboard would be an improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Zabbix for monitoring our infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is monitoring.

What needs improvement?

Having a more customizable interface and dashboard would be an improvement.

The interface could be more user-friendly because it is can be really complicated if an end-user has to configure it. The administrator usually has to take care of that.

I would like to see more SNMP and storage support.

Application monitoring should be included in the future. I would like to see voice telephony monitoring and database monitoring.

The reporting functionality is limited.

I have been working with Zabbix for the past four years.

This is a stable product.

We have had no problem with scalability. The only people who use it are the IT staff, which is between 10 and 12 people.

As we are using the free version, we do not have a support contract.

We are using the free, open-source version.

What other advice do I have?

This is not a product that I recommend. Instead, I recommend using SolarWindows or ManageEngine for monitoring because there are more features on Zabbix with limited usability. Reports are also limited. Basically, you get more features in SolarWinds or ManageEngine.

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

Petro Khytriak
Infrastructure Automation Lead at SoftServe Ltd.
Has good stability and scalability
  • "Zabbix is both stable and scalable."
  • "For us, the initial setup was complex"

What is our primary use case?

I implement Zabbix for large companies with over 5,000 employees.

What needs improvement?

In the near future, we are going to see integration with its cloud platform.

We would like to use it for RBI, for service and credibility reports for our manager and management staff, and we also hope to use it to deliver customer scripts, etc. Currently, because we monitor over 5,000 hosts and servers, we need to use open source.

I have used Zabbix for the last five years.

Zabbix is both stable and scalable. As I mentioned earlier, we scale more than 5,000 hosts.

Currently, our own team provides support, but in the future, we may use Zabbix support.

We also use Nagios, but we are going to stop using this solution as it has specific limitations that we require.

For us, the initial setup was complex. We plan on integrating Zabbix with Prometheus and Grafana for a smooth relationship between dashboards.

We purchased Zabbix for a good price, including support. It's cheaper than Datadog and ScienceLogic.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Zabbix a rating of nine, strictly because we would like to see better integration with mobile TeleCloud.

Hybrid Cloud
Tchidat Linda
Engineer of Telecommunication at Gold Telecom
Customizable network map and email alerts have made this product very useful. With Zabbix we have been able to design statefull map exactly similar to the real network architecture.

What is our primary use case?

I use Zabbix to monitor IT infrastructures of a SCADA system for an electrical network, particularly in high voltage - low voltage transports stations.

How has it helped my organization?

Zabbix has improved the quality of monitoring because it can be used by low-level network technicians.

What is most valuable?

Customizable network map and email alerts or intuitive web interface had made Zabbix very useful. In another way i really enjoy network traffic triggers that permit to check traffic thresold from ISP

What needs improvement?

Open an SSH session from the web interface.

i did not use previously a different solution

The initial setup is very simple, and for a simple network monitoring we didn't need to activate any specials features on linux server

i have implement Zabbix through a very small in-house team on a virtual CentOS 7 server

About setup, cost or pricing i advise Zabbix, it does not need any licensing

Before choosing Zabbix i haved eveluated other options like Nagios

Adilson Dombaxi
Junior Network Engineer at Easy Systems
Straightforward installation, high performance, but support could be improved

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to monitor our network devices.

What is most valuable?

The performance and bandwidth are valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The performance reporting could be improved.

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

The stability could be improved, there are some limitations.

We have 11 people using this solution in my organization. We have four engineers and six technicians that do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

The technical support is good. However, the support could be more…

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to monitor our network devices.

What is most valuable?

The performance and bandwidth are valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The performance reporting could be improved.

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

The stability could be improved, there are some limitations.

The technical support is good. However, the support could be more knowledgeable.

The installation is straightforward and it took approximately one hour.

We did the installation ourselves. However, I had to watch some video tutorials and view some PDF help files online to complete the installation.

There is a license required for this solution and we pay annually for our license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Zabbix a seven out of ten.

CEO at a marketing services firm with 11-50 employees
Good alerts and integration with third-party tools, but should support monitoring of ATM machines

What is our primary use case?

We are using Zabbix just to monitor our small network out here.

What is most valuable?

The integration with third-party tools and the alerts are most valuable.

What needs improvement?

We would like to monitor other touchpoints such as ATM machines. It would be great if it can provide monitoring of ATM machines. Compatibility with other products would also be great.

We have been using this solution for two or three years.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. We have two people who are using this solution.

There are a lot of professionals and…

What is our primary use case?

We are using Zabbix just to monitor our small network out here.

What is most valuable?

The integration with third-party tools and the alerts are most valuable.

What needs improvement?

We have been using this solution for two or three years.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. We have two people who are using this solution.

There are a lot of professionals and sites available, so we just get help from them.

We were not using any other solution.

It is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

Our requirements are basic, and it is fulfilling them. I would rate Zabbix a seven out of 10.

Lead at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to manage, user-friendly, and new features added frequently
  • "The solution is open-source, easy to manage, and user-friendly making it easy for anyone to use."
  • "In an upcoming release, there should be automated reports which we are currently doing manually. For example, if we collect a report file every day and want to send it to a moderator for review. We are expecting this feature to come out soon but it would be valuable to have now."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for network and application monitoring.

What is most valuable?

The solution is open-source, easy to manage, and user-friendly making it easy for anyone to use.

Zabbix is always improving by adding more features and they have monthly announcements explaining the upcoming new features and functionality.

What needs improvement?

The automation could be improved.

In an upcoming release, there should be automated reports which we are currently doing manually. For example, if we collect a report file every day and want to send it to a moderator for review. We are expecting this feature to come out soon but it would be valuable to have now.

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

The solution is stable. They release major updates every two or three years with the minor changes being released every six months.

The solution is scalable.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We have evaluated other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Zabbix an eight out of ten.

Download our free Zabbix Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.