We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Commercial Manager at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Has great document understanding, offers helpful training, and is reducing human error
  • "The solution has helped our organization save costs. It’s likely saved us about $10 million."
  • "The graphics could always be improved."

What is our primary use case?

In terms of product testing, I use it in the product with the test suite to mount the test manager and then follow with the requirements. After that, I create the test cases and I'm running them on different platforms on the web so that I can proof back from the web with test suites.

How has it helped my organization?

I use the different tools of UiPath. However, in the future, I’m hopeful UiPath will help us to expand into different countries. right now, I use it personally. Soon, the entire company will be using it as well.

What is most valuable?

The automation of the cloud offering helps to decrease the solution's total cost of ownership.

The document understanding is great. I interact with different documents of people. The IDs of one are different from a document or a PDF. For example, our contracts, et cetera. It can understand the differences.

I’m not quite sure about the ease of building automation using the solution just yet. It seems to be moderate. Not too easy or difficult.

UiPath has helped us reduce human error. That’s had a partial impact on our business. Our techs understand the different types of processes and competencies it can help with. Regular users cannot see this just yet.

It has freed up employee time. It’s allowed for a focus on higher-value work. Employees seem happier. It’s an easy tool to use and deploy.

We’ve used the UiPath Academy courses. All employees take the course and learn about it. You still need more education afterward, however, the biggest value of the Academy is the knowledge. I've got people who are new in the company and I can just say "take these courses." It's accepted by everyone as part of the process.

What needs improvement?

The graphics could always be improved.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The stability of the solution is good. UiPath has a different release each year at the moment.

The scalability is great. You have a manual so you don't have to do the courses. You can read through it.

We have about 200 users at this time. We have different areas in the company that uses UiPath. For example, the administration uses that tool. You have a test suite and you can have development using the UiPath Studio as well.

Technical support has been great. Whatever my query is, they are able to answer it.

We did not use another RPA solution before UiPath.

The initial setup was straightforward and simple.

The deployment took about one month.

The pricing and licensing have been great.

We did look at different automation tools before choosing UiPath. We looked at Blue Prism and Automation Anywhere, however, we ultimately chose UiPath.

The UiPath Academy courses were a big selling point. Also, its ease of use. Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism were so difficult to understand. UiPath is more interactive and it's more visual.

What other advice do I have?

We're a UiPath partner.

I've used both cloud and on-premise deployment. Right now, I am using the cloud.

At this point, we do not use UiPath's apps feature.

We have not used the solution's AI functionality in our automation program yet.

If I were to advise anyone on using UiPath, I'd let them know it's easy to use. You have manuals and courses to help you navigate the solution. The new releases make it so that it continuously gets easier.

I would rate the solution at a ten out of ten.

VP - Information Technology at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Users can do more tasks that should have been done all along but weren't getting done
  • "We see time savings for our users in the sense that they now can do more tasks that should have been done all along but weren't getting done. That's more where the gains have been this far."
  • "The API integrations need improvement. They should build a better framework for the ability to integrate with other external APIs."

What is our primary use case?

We're still building up the program, but right now our primary use case is for report review. We're looking to branch that out more.

It's reviewing reports. I worked for a bank and there are reports of transactions from the previous day. UiPath was looking for anomalies for fraud and things like that.

How has it helped my organization?

It's still very early on but we have caught a few instances of fraud that we would not have if we weren't using UiPath.

UiPath has reduced human error. We're very early, so it's not a big impact, but we did find a few instances of fraud that we would not have found without it.

We see time savings for our users in the sense that they now can do more tasks that should have been done all along but weren't getting done. That's more where the gains have been this far.

What is most valuable?

I like the whole ecosystem. They're not just looking at the automation tool, they're looking at automation from end to end.

It's pretty easy to build automations. I have a coding background so it's not particularly challenging for me to use Studio, but for a person who does not have that coding background, I think that the Visual Builder guides you through the process pretty easy.

UiPath Academy is a good training program for people without that coding background. It's good to get them into the mindset of how exactly flows works of automation.

The Academy offers us familiarization with Studio and how it functions.

What needs improvement?

The API integrations need improvement. They should build a better framework for the ability to integrate with other external APIs.

I have been using UiPath for less than a year.

I would rate the stability an eight out of ten.

It's pretty straightforward. It either runs or it doesn't. Occasionally it does crash and we've had to restart services and whatnot to get it going again.

We haven't been using it enough to see how it can scale.

There are two ITs who use it in my company.

We have plans to increase usage.

We don't really see our staff as being good candidates for citizen development. There are a few that could, but we do plan to expand out into other departments as far as gathering ideas and implementing processes for other departments.

Their support is pretty average. It's not good or bad. It's off-shored. There are always difficulties with cultural differences and language barriers. They know what they're doing but sometimes it takes a while going around in circles to get the question that you're asking across. That's pretty normal. Most companies are the same way. I would say all companies have huge room for improvement there.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. It was easy. The installation instructions walk you through the process. We didn't run into any problems. It took less than a week.

We also looked at AntWorks and Blue Prism. We went with UiPath because of the maturity of the product that seemed far more mature than its competitors. The product seemed more thought out.

What other advice do I have?

Based on our experiences, I would say you have to have employees that are dedicated to doing this. This can't be done as a side project.

I would rate UiPath a nine out of ten. Nothing is completely perfect. The stability of it could use a little bit of improvement. The support is not great. UiPath is very good, but no one is perfect.

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,997 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Samuel Kamau
Co-Founder at Beta Edge Technology Limited
Easily pick out process bottlenecks, inefficiencies and areas that can be automated.
  • "Transformational processes are well managed, including exceptions, so that adds to the stability. Also, you can scale out from one bot to tens of thousands, so automation is quite easy with UiPath."
  • "It would also be great to have UiPath Insights included in the free Orchestrator. The Insights module is currently only available for paid licenses. It would be great for developers to have it included in the free version, because then we could try it out."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary UiPath use case is reconciling data and getting data from the web and writing to either Excel or our system. The automations are very reliable.

What is most valuable?

Task Capture is quite a helpful feature because it is easy to design a process flow with it. All you have to do is just capture it and then do the manual process. It then gives you the process flow and the process definition document, PDD, so it saves you a lot of time.

What needs improvement?

The database connectors I found are not fully free and expire after 30 days. That is something I would like looked at for MongoDB specifically. With regards to this, I was working on a project that needed a robot to read data from a MongoDB database. To achieve this, I used the CDATA ODBC driver because I couldn't find a direct Activity to achieve this from Studio. See the link to the CDATA ODBC driver for UiPath here https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/...

It would also be great to have UiPath Insights included in the free Orchestrator. The Insights module is currently only available for paid licenses. It would be great for developers to have it included in the free version because then we could try it out.

I have been using UiPath since May 2018, and have recently worked with UiPath Process Mining. I am currently not very actively using this tool because the projects I'm on at the moment are using Power Automate. However, I do look at it once in a while.

UiPath is quite stable. I have not seen any inconsistencies come up because even exception handling is well set up in case of bad themes. Transformational processes are well managed, including exceptions, so that adds to the stability. Also, you can scale out from one bot to tens of thousands, so automation is quite easy with UiPath.

Very scalable

The initial UiPath setup is straightforward. You just go on the cloud, create an account, and you get the Orchestrator right away. From there, you can download the Studio. So once you build the automation, you just publish it from the Studio and you can run it. It's a very seamless process.

There is no need to hire an external team. You can do everything yourself. Also, the forum is quite busy and active. You can get a lot of helpful material there.

I cannot give actual figures, but I have seen a return on investment especially in processing invoices. It used to take us a week to read certain invoices into Excel but now it takes us only a day. So we are saving five Mondays in a week and 30 or 40 a month.

From what I hear, UiPath's licensing costs are a bit high, but I can't evaluate that information because I haven't actually experienced the cost. We are using a free version at the moment. A good thing about the Community Edition is that they allow you to deploy even as a company as long as revenues are below $5 million I think.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend automating the small processes in the Community Edition. This is the best way to evaluate how scaling would go within your organization.

It is also important to fully understand what you want to automate. I also recommend trying the Process Mining feature to make sure you are able to pick up areas of automation within the organization's processes before committing to paying for automation.

Other
Priya Zaveri
Automation Tech Resource Lead at Kelly Services, Inc.
Solution helped us scale faster, evolve as an organization
  • "UiPath has enabled us as an organization to perform an array of tasks with more proficiency and efficiency. Automation is very important to our organization now and UiPath has played an immense role."
  • "The pricing structure is very complicated."

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases have evolved over time. We have use cases for screening and onboarding candidates, feeding new hires into the payroll system, and timekeeping. Right now, we are working on a document understanding use case. It is going to help us read supplier insurance forms.

How has it helped my organization?

UiPath has enabled us as an organization to perform an array of tasks with more proficiency and efficiency. Automation is very important to our organization now and UiPath has played an immense role.

UiPath makes building automations incredibly easy. The platform is very robust and it is scalable. UiPath also has a strong community, which has helped democratize RPA in a true sense. The community and expertise can be leveraged quickly to meet a common goal.

The UiPath Academy has helped us move forward more efficiently. It is a great source of information and knowledge for both new users and those taking the advanced courses. I see the UiPath Academy evolving in the future.

What is most valuable?

One of the features I've found valuable is UiPath Studio. We have a huge development team of about eight to ten people and they are currently working with it. We also have a citizen developer program that is leveraging StudioX.

Orchestrator is important for us as well.

These features are valuable because they allow different groups of people to complete their tasks. UiPath is a robust platform. It helps us cater to different audiences.

What needs improvement?

The licensing model is sometimes very confusing and could be simplified for customers. That would help us understand, gauge the offer, and work it into our existing infrastructure.

We started using UiPath in 2017. We have had a great journey with it. UiPath has helped us scale faster, especially with RPA implementations. It also helped us evolve through our automation journey.

My impression of the stability is that it's like any other software. We have never had a problem with UiPath and the platform has been stable enough to enable us to scale a lot.

We have been happy with UiPath's scalability so far. I would give it a nine out of 10. We are currently deploying about 95% of our automations through UiPath. We are very into it and plan to expand from there.

Yes, we did use a different solution but I cannot disclose which. However, I can say this much: we decided to switch because of the community UiPath has built. Also, the platform and product are packaged correctly. Everything is laid out well and it seems like UiPath understands what businesses need.

The initial setup was straightforward and easy. UiPath has an incredible team in place. They help us every now and then. It did not take us much time to go through the initial setup and get the solution deployed.

We have realized savings in the millions of dollars overall.

The pricing structure is very complicated. Someone from the organization has to sit down and set aside some time to fully understand it.

Yes, we did evaluate other options but I cannot disclose which.

What other advice do I have?

Start your journey with UiPath. Engage someone from UiPath and have them go through the journey with you.

Hybrid Cloud
Nilesh Pawar
Associate Director - Cloud Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Top 5Quality
Prevents human error, increases data accuracy, standardization, and quality of data for the shipping processes
  • "Attended Bots have been star cases as it totally removes dependencies of user literacy to know the application."
  • "UiPath should focus more on recommendations of process automation based on ERP Applications like Oracle, SAP etc. They should also provide a list of possible RPA cases as per departments, processes and based on various industry domains."

What is our primary use case?

RPA - Novigo Automation Framework Solutions - Setup an Automation Factory Model.

Automation Focus has been Productivity, Quality, Cost, Process Optimization, and compliance.

Focused on delivering Process Automation for Oracle EBS ERP application for various departments including IT, Finance, Operations, Engineering, Sales .etc

1. Manufacturing: Master data maintenance & monitoring Inventory transactions, BOM error fix & transfer, WIP issue & complacent
  2. Finance: Financial closing, IC transaction, security & FA master & transactions, Master data, duplicate check, auto-CM creation & auto-payment, Customer Master, running letter, print errors & auto-receipts
  3. Supply Chain: Sales order Integration with the portal, shipment, RMA, digital shipping & backorder, item cost update & inventory interface, procurement, receiving & monitoring
  4. System Admin: Access provisioning, - Creating responsibility, Monitoring pending transaction & analyzer.

How has it helped my organization?

RPA Automation has accelerated heavily within the organization.

It started with task automation and ended up with process automation.

• Increased Operational excellence - With multiple FTE savings every month.
  • Lowered operational cost with a minimum saving of 780+ Man hours every month.
  • Overall $1 million annual savings through improved process efficiency.
  • Increased Shipping Order execution velocity by 2x times -At least 10,000 orders in every 4 days.
  • Amplified shipping process efficiency and employee productivity by 100% - with one click execution.
  • ABCDi (AnyBody Can Do it) technique enables Zero dependencies on SME requirement to perform the task and Zero dollars spend on training the Shipping operators.
  • Prevents human error, increases data accuracy, standardization, and quality of data for the shipping process.
  • Excellent ROI with investment cost recovered in 1.25 months timeline and an Annualized ROI for 5 years is 68.50%
  • Built from LTI Novigo Automation Framework, it provides the agility and speed required to customize and deploy the solution quickly.

What is most valuable?

• Attended Bots have been star cases as it totally removes dependencies of user literacy to know the application.
  • With Novigo Automation Framework, the implementation lifecycle is accelerated by about 25%-to-32%, while drastically reducing the implementation services cost. Identification of possible use cases along with efforts required, time involved, and cost savings can be easily envisioned by using NAF.

What needs improvement?

• RPA AI capabilities - UiPath is leading in this area.
    • UiPath should focus more on recommendations of process automation based on ERP Applications like Oracle, SAP etc. They should also provide a list of possible RPA cases as per departments, processes and based on various industry domains.
    • More on RPA Governance features to be provided out of the box.
    • RPA Capabilities with IVR Channels to address voice commands will be a game changer for Customer call center cases.

We have been using UiPath for two years.

Excellent in stability.

Easily scalable in a few minutes.

UiPath Cloud Orchestrator setup is pretty must straightforward, we manage to do a complete setup in a matter of a few hours time.

We deployed it in-house - SI - LTI.

>30% ROI  - we recovery of overall investments recovered in seven months' time.

UiPath is very cost-effective.

Yes, we have evaluated all top RPA products like Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
    Director at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
    A flexible tool that is easy to learn and use, saves us time spent on financial administration
    • "Our consultants have been able to go through the training videos and pick up the ability to build their own automations."
    • "I would like more incorporation of AI features to allow for intelligent character recognition."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily assist clients in deploying UiPath within Finance/Accounting and Internal Audit but have also realized the benefits of deploying it within our accounting function to assist with expense reporting and invoice processing.

We have also successfully complemented our technology solutions practice, which deploys ERP systems such as Workday and Coupa, where we have built some specific automations to accelerate deployment and assist with normal processing.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to save several hours each month allowing our staff to focus on more value-added efforts. For just downloading expense reports, a staff accountant can save between four and five hours each month. A lot of the prep work needed to send out invoices to clients is now being completed through automation.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the flexibility of the tool, ease of use, and training. We spend more time documenting the process and exceptions, wherein the build component doesn't take too long. Our consultants have been able to go through the training videos and pick up the ability to build their own automations.

What needs improvement?

I would like more incorporation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) features to allow for intelligent character recognition which can account for different formats and unstructured data. Specifically, the ability to not have to create templates for various formats to account for variation and rather intelligently extract key data regardless. There are some AI-like features in beta, but we are very interested in deploying now.

We have been using UiPath over two years.

If built and deployed correctly, the solution is very stable.

The scalability is great! There are several use cases already and an endless possibility of areas where UiPath/RPA can be leveraged.

I haven't had to interact with technical support, as of yet.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is straightforward, both from interaction with systems and security.

We deployed this solution in-house.

We have been able to avoid hiring more staff accountants, so more cost avoidance.

Plan for the future! Don't just focus on trying to buy a license to meet your current need, but look to have the right infrastructure in place to help you scale. The investment is relatively small compared to the potential in qualitative and quantitative benefits that can be achieved.

We do have past experience, but when it came to deploying in our internal operations team, we focused on UiPath. We have found UiPath to be the most flexible to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

We are excited to see the new game-changing features with UiPath!

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an implementation partner and also a customer (using it with our internal operations).
    Johanna Jancsó
    Consulting Specialist at Goodwill Consulting
    Helpful Academy for learning the product, good support, and saves our business time on repetitive tasks
    • "I found the UiPath Academy very valuable and it has helped us to understand the product we are working with."
    • "The platform that shows the reports and errors is not too transparent."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use of this solution, as a company, was to eliminate or at least simplify and reduce the number of boring, repetitive administrative tasks that take our precious time.

We are a business consulting company and lots of clients try to contact us on multiple channels that we are available on. Our company, in partnership with UiPath, implemented an unattended robot that saves our time and energy. We call it our colleague that works independently, full time and helps us without requiring emotional support.

How has it helped my organization?

As employees, we no longer have to waste a significant period of time each day by copying data from one part to another. Instead of that, we can focus on more important things like customer satisfaction, consulting our partners, delivering business plans, etc.

This product improved our employee satisfaction rate, improved the sales department performance in general, and created a gap in the marketing department that can be covered by more complex projects like website updates, social networking with customers, etc.

What is most valuable?

I found the UiPath Academy very valuable and it has helped us to understand the product we are working with. I attended the course and I am about to complete more courses so that I can benefit from this brilliant opportunity. It is free for everyone who is interested.

UiPath Community Forum and UI Connect are free and can be accessed by anyone as well. There, I could find all of the information that I needed. The most interesting part was accessing UiPath Studio, where you can try to improve your technical skills and try building a robot.

What needs improvement?

The platform that shows the reports and errors is not too transparent. I experienced it at my workplace when showing the reports, where the platform looks unfriendly and it is not very transparent, especially compared to the other features of the product.

The monitoring period should be shortened as soon as possible, as most companies won't have one to two months available to implement and test the RPA. People want results instantly when talking about an investment.

I would also like fewer errors, please.

I have been using UiPath for between four and five months in the company I work for.

Technical support has been responsive and helpful.

This is my first experience with RPA software.

The initial setup was as transparent as it could be.

We implemented through a vendor team and they were pure experts.

This solution is worth the investment.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing UiPath.

Private Cloud

Other
    Director, Data & Analytics, Intelligent Automation, ASSA ABLOY Americas at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
    Straightforward setup; saves hours
    • "We are seeing many hours saved with respect to automation. Automation should be on every project's agenda."
    • "One way to improve the UiPath Academy, I think, would be to add some real life use cases and take the students through the automation process. These would be good for citizen developers to start with."

What is our primary use case?

We have multiple accounts sellable, accounts payable, corporate finance, and supply chain use cases. We have started some use cases at the factory floor automation as well.

How has it helped my organization?

There are so many benefits to using UiPath, but getting the buy-in is very important from the end users. We are seeing many hours saved with respect to automation. Automation should be on every project's agenda.

What is most valuable?

Scaling at pace with regards to the industry has been the most valuable UiPath feature for us. I would also add that there are so many features in RPA.

What needs improvement?

We are leveraging the UiPath Academy for our citizen developer program. We are asking them to train at their own pace. The courses are straightforward.

The adoption rate for this program is low, however. Out of the 150 citizen developers that started, only 10 decided to continue the process.

One way to improve the UiPath Academy, I think, would be to add some real-life use cases and take the students through the automation process. These would be good for citizen developers to start with.

We started our UiPath journey early last year. It has been a year and six months.

UiPath is stable. The automations we have in place right now are stable.

Over the past two years, I've reached out to them maybe twice.

The initial setup was straightforward. When we started this automation journey, instead of going with complex use cases, we picked three simple ones. We started with the accounts receivable processes.

Deployment took us six weeks.

As of now, we have automated 160 processes using UiPath and saved many hours. We have saved around 60,000 hours. Although we are not directly reducing costs, we are avoiding the cost of hiring new people.

The solution is very expensive. It's getting harder for me to convince my management about licensing costs.

Yes, we considered Blue Prism and Automation Anywhere. We created an automation using both of these and UiPath and ultimately decided on the latter. UiPath is more compatible with the other applications we were already using. Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is our ERP and they partner with UiPath, so that was a major plus for us. Also, UiPath has very straightforward coding courses.

What other advice do I have?

It is usually not easy to build a complex automation. The whole process takes about four to six weeks for a complex automation. Most of the time is spent on gathering the requirements. The development itself does not take much time.

Download our free UiPath Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.