Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
EmilioOgando - PeerSpot reviewer
Integration Manager at Newcom
MSP
Easy to set up with good reliability and responsive technical support
  • "In general, all implementations are standard and pretty straightforward."
  • "The solution could include more security features."

What is our primary use case?

We are an integrator; our function is to sell Ruckus solutions to our clients and to implement the solution for them. It's a good solution for wireless WiFi connectivity.

What is most valuable?

Our clients are in the hospitality industry and it's been very good at meeting their needs. The WiFi connections are good.

In general, all implementations are standard and pretty straightforward. These implementations typically cover the connection to the corporate network integrated with Microsoft's Active Directory and other services that bring network access to the clients so that it's easy to get onto the internet.

The stability has been good.

We find the solution to be scalable.

Technical support is responsive and knowledgeable.

What needs improvement?

The solution could include more security features. For example, with other solutions, there is a security feature added to connect to the internet. In the case of Ruckus, they don't have any security solution to connect to the internet. Clients want more security, which is why it's important Ruckus begins to think of ways to offer more robust connection options that will help customers feel safer.

Just two weeks ago I implemented a Ruckus Wireless solution for our client. I deal with it regularly. In general, I have about three years of experience with the solution.

Ruckus Wireless
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Ruckus Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability is great. It's reliable and the performance is good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution has scaled well. A customer shouldn't have any issues expanding the product.

Technical support has been very good. In any situation where I have had to reach out, they have been quick to respond and my issues were resolved in a timely manner. We are quite satisfied with their level of attention and knowledge.

The initial implementations have been standard and straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult.

As integrators, we are able to assist our clients in the initial setup process.

What other advice do I have?

We are integrator of Ruckus. We offer Ruckus solutions to our clients.

I'm not sure of the exact version number I last installed, however, it was the latest solution that covers smartphones. It had the wireless controller of Ruckus and different equipment covering WiFi 5 and WiFi 6.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I'd give it a rating of nine out of ten. We've been very pleased with it overall.

Networking Engineer at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
A stable and scalable solution that lets you visualize the network, manage it through a cell phone, and check the quality of a signal
  • "I can manage the network through a cell phone, which is a plus from my side. I am also able to visualize the network. I can also check the quality of the signal for different clients that are currently connected and see whether the quality is excellent, moderate, or poor. Sometimes, I can even adjust the signal strength."
  • "They could add more flexibility for switching over to another radio if a radio is poor. I am not able to change the radios from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz. I am yet to figure it out. I want it to be a bit more explicit or a bit easier to change radios. When you shut it down, you lose some of the information. It would be good to have a controller where I can store the information, and later on, I can retrieve the information. There should be some form of small storage to keep the information. Its price should also be improved. Its price is currently quite high."

What is our primary use case?

Ruckus Wireless was deployed almost four or five years ago for our Wi-Fi network, but we were not using it for our highest metric. We recently started using it for our internal network. We are using Ruckus Wireless for the metric that is connecting the top management to the internet.

What is most valuable?

I can manage the network through a cell phone, which is a plus from my side. I am also able to visualize the network. I can also check the quality of the signal for different clients that are currently connected and see whether the quality is excellent, moderate, or poor. Sometimes, I can even adjust the signal strength.

What needs improvement?

They could add more flexibility for switching over to another radio if a radio is poor. I am not able to change the radios from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz. I am yet to figure it out. I want it to be a bit more explicit or a bit easier to change radios.

When you shut it down, you lose some of the information. It would be good to have a controller where I can store the information, and later on, I can retrieve the information. There should be some form of small storage to keep the information.

Its price should also be improved. Its price is currently quite high.

Based on the experience so far, it is stable. I'm judging based on the experience of the people who are using it. I am using it for the top management, and I have also put an order for more APs.

It is scalable. You can connect the APs through a mesh without using cables, which makes it easy to scale out.

I haven't contacted them yet because I can handle the challenges. If I get something that is beyond what I can handle, I will get in touch.

It was okay. I didn't need any training for the setup. You simply go through the manual. I saw a video just once and then installed it.

I did it on my own.

It is a good product, but it is pricey. In terms of the pricing, it is a bit expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution, but they should reduce the price.

I would rate Ruckus Wireless an eight out of ten.

Ruckus Wireless
September 2022
634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Housni Hammoud - PeerSpot reviewer
Coordinator of the IT Department at College Notre-Dame
Reliable Wi-Fi connection improved our organization's remote teaching setup
  • "The most valuable feature is that this solution is reliable."
  • "We use this solution in a certain way, and it works very well. So, I don't expect it to do a lot more, but to do what it's doing probably better or faster. But it's not a problem with the features; it's more the operations."

What is our primary use case?

My organization is a college, so we just want to make sure we have a reliable Wi-Fi connection for the students.

We are using the latest version of Ruckus. It is deployed on-premise.

Right now, there are over 2,000 people using this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

We were in a bad shape, especially with remote teaching and things like that, so now everything's all right because of the reliability of Ruckus.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that this solution is reliable.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for the past 12 months.

The stability is fine. We haven't had any problems.

We haven't had any issues with the scalability.

Technical support is good. I would rate it a 4 out of 5. There's still some improvement that could be made.

We have also used Cisco. We switched because of many reasons, but staying with Cisco would have cost us almost double the price. So, we had to change. It's not a question of reliability because Cisco is reliable also. It's more a question of something that's not for corporations and more for education in our case.

Initial setup was pretty straightforward. On a scale of 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.

Deployment took a week. We require less than 5% of our staff for maintenance of this solution to be hassle-free.

We used an integrator for deployment.

I would rate their pricing 3 out of 5.

There is no annual licensing cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10.

It's very good for our needs, but because it's a school, it maybe wouldn't be as good for a corporation or for other users. For our school, it's very reliable. We have peaks, but it's always well-managed. We don't have any problems.

Badar Raqeeb - PeerSpot reviewer
Team Lead at Comstar - Information Systems Associates Ltd.
Good bandwidth and coverage, but the pricing is high
  • "It's good for low-level usage."
  • "The initial setup is complex."

How has it helped my organization?

We are primarily using the solution as a third party. Our clients use it.

What is most valuable?

It's good for low-level usage.

The coverage is pretty good so far. The bandwidth is also good for the most part.

What needs improvement?

It's not providing the bandwidth as per its particular description. In my view, in one moment, it reduced one-fourth.

The controller needs improvement. Sometimes when we are doing certain operations we have trouble. It's something that needs to be looked at. We looked at APM controllers and we find them to be more difficult.

The initial setup is complex.

We have a variety of clients on the solution, and they are different sizes. Some are medium-sized. Others are large enterprise-level organizations.

While the technical support is good, they do charge money if you want to have access to the support itself. That said, we're mostly satisfied with the level of service we are provided. It's not a bad service on offer.

I do currently use Infinit Wireless Quanta products. I'm also familiar with Ubiquiti Wireless solutions.

The initial setup is not straightforward. It's pretty complex. We found it to be a bit challenging.

The deployment itself takes about two to three hours.

You do need to pay extra for technical support services if you would like to have access to them.

When we first offer Ruckus Wireless to our clients, they ask the price and are a bit shocked. They asked why we chose this when there are other lower options on the market. It's a hard sell sometimes due to the price tag. It's something they need to work on so that they align better with the market and get more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

We are partners. We offer this solution to our clients.

I personally am not much of a technical person, and therefore it's hard to get into specifics.

On the bandwidth and coverage, I would rate Ruckus at a nine out of ten. However, if we are looking at just pricing, I would rate it at a seven out of ten. Overall, in general, I would rate the solution as a whole at an eight out of ten. We're mostly happy with its capabilities, however, the price makes it a hard sell to clients.

Head of IT Network Division at Panorinformatika
Flexible and reasonably priced with good technical support
  • "The scalability has been very good."
  • "It would be ideal if the solution offered more features."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for a variety of companies, including those in transportation and the government sector as well. It's used for wireless access.

What is most valuable?

Overall, we are very satisfied with its capabilities.

The pricing is very reasonable.

It is flexible.

It contains almost all of the new features that solutions require for wireless access.

The scalability has been very good.

Technical support has been good.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal if the solution offered more features.

The product could use more integration capabilities.

We've used the solution for a while now. We use it continuously, on different projects.

We've installed the solution for many clients so far.

We find the solution to be very scalable. I'd rate the scalability at about an eight or a nine out of ten.

We have ten employees that work directly with the product.

We have been satisfied with technical support, they have been helpful and responsive.

We use solutions such as Juniper, Cisco Meraki, Ruckus, and Extreme. We are an independent integrator company, so we use the best solution for the customer.

The time it takes to install the solution depends on the number of the EPs. We are speaking about the settings, not the manual installation. If we are speaking about the configuration, it takes one day in most cases.

We have a team of ten that can handle deployment and maintenance tasks. They are all engineers.

We handle the implementation process for our clients.

The solution is reasonably priced as compared to, for example, Cisco, which is much more expensive.

Customers need to pay a yearly licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

Every month we have different installation projects. Sometimes we use Ruckus if the customer is satisfied with this solution. Usually, we suggest things to the customer based on if the price and if a client is price-conscious they tend to choose this, as opposed to Cisco, which is more expensive.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We have been happy with it so far.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

MashukThakur - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Wireless Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Reliable and easy to deploy
  • "In my experience, Ruckus devices are much more reliable than other vendors when it comes to consistency, coverage, and client density. Ruckus is very simple to configure and troubleshoot."
  • "It is very difficult to convince the customer to choose Ruckus because of the price."

What is our primary use case?

It is generally deployed in hotels and sometimes for VIP customers.

What is most valuable?

In my experience, Ruckus devices are much more reliable than other vendors when it comes to consistency, coverage, and client density. Ruckus is very simple to configure and troubleshoot.

I've been using Ruckus Wireless for almost six years.

The stability of Ruckus Wireless is better than other solutions. I never hear complaints about coverage, connectivity, or speed. I've worked in the wireless field for almost 17 years, and I've only received one call about Ruckus. During the same time, I've received four calls about other solutions from other vendors.

I've deployed in JW Marriott Hotel with almost 900 access points. And I deployed it in one house with just 20 access points. So working with both big and small projects, I've had good customer feedback. Since I'm not receiving any complaints, I feel like it is working fine on any scale.

In one of the hotels, it stopped broadcasting SSIDs, so I opened a ticket with Ruckus support. They upgraded the software of the controller and performed some configuration modifications, then it worked fine. I only faced that one issue, but this was their own issue. It was delayed too for the RNA.

For Ruckus Wireless, the setup is simple. The time for deployment has been increased somewhat. And deployment also depends on the quantity, but the solution is very easy to implement overall. Physically installation and configuration are simple. The access point is also much lighter than other solutions.

We sell both Ruckus and Aruba. Aruba is more complicated to use and less reliable than Ruckus, but it's also much less expensive. When we're quoting prices, we'll send the customer two quotations, one for Ruckus and one for Aruba. So for example, if a project costs $2,000 with Aruba, the same project will cost around $3,200 or $3,500 with Ruckus. It is very difficult to convince the customer to choose Ruckus because of the price.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Ruckus nine out 10. I'd also point out that Ruckus Wireless is high speed. And with Ruckus, you can use standalone or cloud-based. Standalone is much better.

Director of Product Management at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
Reseller
Good RFS characteristics, reliable, and the technical support is good
  • "The reason we picked Ruckus, in addition to our long-standing relationship with them, is pretty much that the RFS characteristics of it seem to be the best."
  • "The price is an area that requires improvement. The pricing could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We are internet service providers.

We use Ruckus in our business hotspot deployment. We sell to a customer who might have a coffee shop for example, and we would install one of the Ruckus access points so that they could deploy Wi-Fi to their patrons.

What is most valuable?

The reason we picked Ruckus, in addition to our long-standing relationship with them, is pretty much that the RFS characteristics of it seem to be the best. That's what we find useful.

Also, we like the more remote deployment aspects of things as well.

What needs improvement?

The price is an area that requires improvement. The pricing could be better.

In the next release, I would like to understand more where presence analytics is going and IoT support. Is it going to be multi-way for IoT support?

I would like to see IoT presence analytics.

Our company has been using Ruckus Wireless for five years.

This is a stable product.

Ruckus Wireless is a scalable solution.

We have deployed 350 indoor access point solutions, and 650 outdoors.

We have 5,000 people in our company, but we are not the ones who are using this product. We sell 50 to 100 per month. We are incorporating it into our solution and selling it.

Technical support is good. They are supportive.

We don't call them often, and we don't really call them for technical support, we call them for integration support.

It's a different organization, we deal more with the enterprise support group.

The initial setup was complex although it wasn't a problem with Ruckus, it was our problem.

We're not using any of the Ruckus cloud features.

We're completely integrated into our own kind of a management portal and our own management system, so the issues are on our side, not theirs.

We outsourced installation, but we design and support solutions ourselves.

We don't pay any licensing fees, we purchase them.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Ruckus Wireless to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Ruckus Wireless an eight out of ten.

Anders Wall - PeerSpot reviewer
CIO at Vätterleden Invest AB
Easy to manage, with a portal that makes it easy to find access points and clients
  • "The most valuable feature is the portal."
  • "It would be helpful to have a wizard when you are setting up a new access point or a wireless guest network."

What is our primary use case?

This product provides wireless access in our warehouse and the Office and for Guest.

How has it helped my organization?

Now ther is no one complaining that have no access ore lost access.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the portal. It's easy to find access points and clients.

This product is easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful  if  the wizard when you are setting up a new access point or a wireless guest network. Could have more sugestion on default. There are too many checkboxes to get it to work.

There should be some ? you could klick on to get a short explanation what it means.

I have been working with Ruckus Wireless for approximately six months. In the past two years ago we alos hade a Ruchkus on prem.

It's very stable. We have not had any issues at all.

It's scalable. We have not had any problems. It's easy to add more users.

We have approximately 90 users in our warehouse.

We have not had the need to contact technical support. The solution has been working.

Previously, we were working with Cisco. It was more complex to manage the Cisco Network and the setup was more complicated. This was the main reason that we switched.

We decided to go with Ruckus Wireless because it was easier to use and more user-friendly and the price was better.

The initial setup was quite straightforward. It was quite easy to set it up and get it working.

We use a vendor. It was straight forwrad. It was working dicect when we connected our AP.

The price is reasonable. It's better priced than Cisco.

Cisco Meraki and Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version and it upgrades automatically.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free Ruckus Wireless Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022