Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Sherryl Cruz - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Development Manager at Microgenesis Business Systems
Reseller
Simple to implement, competitive pricing, feature-rich, and has available technical support
  • "The most valuable features of this solution are automation, inventory, and patch management."
  • "I believe we should include a VSA license to provide complete endpoint management."

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers. We use it internally, but not all of its features.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The majority of end users want complete software management. It focuses on a thorough evaluation of the initial projects in the software.

It should focus on the lifespan or timeline of the software and hardware. The majority of end users ask if there are any notifications or advice regarding when they purchased the hardware and software and when it will expire or need to be replaced, and there are none in Kaseya. As a result, even the software metering.

Better software awareness and metering are required.

Metering software depends more on what they use it for, and how much software is available within the company.

If I think of any additional features that are required, it will be for detecting or including mobile users of managing endpoints. There is currently no mobile license for cell phones, Androids, or even iOS. I believe we should include a VSA license to provide complete endpoint management.

We are resellers and have been dealing with Kaseya VSA for six or seven years.

Kaseya VSA
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Kaseya VSA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Kaseya VSA is a stable solution, some of the end users have been using it for years.

The scalability is good; it is up to the end-user or we can add additional licenses if necessary. We can conduct policy checks as well.

I would give the technical support a four out of five. There is no such thing as a five. You coordinate things, and it is available as needed.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It is simple to implement, especially when the end-user knows what policy they want to implement.

The implementation was completed in-house. We used the Kaseya method of implementation.

In terms of maintenance, we don't need a lot; one person can monitor it.

In the Philippines, licensing fees are paid on a yearly basis.

I believe it is competitive, depending on the number of users purchased. It's scalable in terms of pricing.

Fees are paid per license, per user, and per year.

It is, in my opinion, competitive in the market. It is determined by the number of users and licenses needed. Depending on the license count of users, the price ranges from $10 to $80 USD.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Kaseya VSA an eight out of ten.

RHS Tech Manager at a recreational facilities/services company with 10,001+ employees
Good remote support that allows support for Apple devices and offers good technical support
  • "The remote support is the most valuable aspect of the solution."
  • "We actually upgraded the solution due to the fact that we needed the support for Apple devices. We haven't had a chance to test that part of the product just yet, however, that was our biggest criticism of the product prior to this most recent update."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for remote support.

What is most valuable?

The remote support is the most valuable aspect of the solution.

The solution now supports Apple devices.

We were able to handle the implementation internally.

The technical support is quite good.

What needs improvement?

We actually upgraded the solution due to the fact that we needed the support for Apple devices. We haven't had a chance to test that part of the product just yet, however, that was our biggest criticism of the product prior to this most recent update.

We have had Kaseya for a while. That said, the VSA upgrade was just recently done last month. That's a rather new part for us.

Our technicians, level one and level two, and our help desk all use this product.

My experience with technical support is limited. Just in our recent upgrade, we dealt with the support team. We didn't face any issues with them. We're satisfied with their level of service. I don't have anything negative to say.

We didn't do the setup; our network team does that. Therefore, I wouldn't be able to speak on how easy or difficult the initial setup was. I cannot speak to the deployment process either. I don't know how long it takes.

Our network team handled the implementation in-house. We didn't use an integrator or consultant as far as I know.

We don't look at the product from an ROI perspective. We simply don't have a have remote support solution, or we didn't. SCCM may provide that to us. We needed a remote support solution, and therefore, Kaseya was what we chose at the time.

Right now, we're making an evaluation of whether to standardize with either this solution or the SCCM.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a direct end-user of the solution. We're just customers.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

In general, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. Thus far, we are quite satisfied with the product's capabilities overall.

Kaseya VSA
September 2022
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Joseph Bennett - PeerSpot reviewer
System Administrator at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Very useful for patch management, unlimited scalability, and good stability
  • "Patch management was very useful. Backdoor access to the clients was also very useful."
  • "Its scripting language kind of sucked. They have their own version of PowerShell inside VSA. if you want to reach out and grab endpoint information, for instance, to know how many end devices have a program installed, you actually have to write a script for that. It wasn't like how it is in CrowdStrike where you can just do a search, and it just happened. In VSA, you have to write your own script to do it. In terms of new features, an integrated MDM for mobile devices would be awesome."

What is our primary use case?

I used it in my previous company. I was on client support. We had about 300 clients, and each one of those clients had from 10 end-users to 300 end-users. We were using VSA in order to manage those end-user devices.

What is most valuable?

Patch management was very useful. Backdoor access to the clients was also very useful.

What needs improvement?

Its scripting language kind of sucked. They have their own version of PowerShell inside VSA. if you want to reach out and grab endpoint information, for instance, to know how many end devices have a program installed, you actually have to write a script for that. It wasn't like how it is in CrowdStrike where you can just do a search, and it just happened. In VSA, you have to write your own script to do it.

In terms of new features, an integrated MDM for mobile devices would be awesome.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is very stable.

VSA is unlimited in terms of scalability.

They are knowledgeable, but they are not so much responsive. They are definitely more responsive than IBM. The IBM cloud management support sucks.

VSA is not as complex as Intune, but it is still somewhat complex and not very user-friendly. CrowdStrike is friendlier in deployment than VSA.

It depends on what products you want. Kaseya loves packages, and if you are packaging, it is more affordable. If you're not packaging, it tends to be a little bit more expensive than others.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to definitely do onsite or virtual demos, and make sure they are asking about everything. They should make sure to get a demo of the product doing what they are planning to use VSA for. This way they can see how much work is going to go into implementation.

I would rate Kaseya VSA an eight out of ten.

Emmanuel Okojesu - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Analyst at FMDQ
Beneficial application vulnerabilities protection, useful updates, and stable
  • "The way Kaseya VSA treats application vulnerabilities is good. They have released some new features that have been a benefit, such as updates from the Microsoft repository directory."
  • "The reporting feature in Kaseya VSA could improve by being more user-friendly. The reporting overview is too wordy or the representation can be better."

What is our primary use case?

There is an on-premise and cloud version of Kaseya VSA.

I use Kaseya VSA to manage peoples' systems and perform patches from time to time.

What is most valuable?

The way Kaseya VSA treats application vulnerabilities is good. They have released some new features that have been a benefit, such as updates from the Microsoft repository directory.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Kaseya VSA for approximately three years.

The stability of Kaseya VSA is very good. However, approximately three years ago there was an attack on the system. They have done things since then and the solution is stable.

Kaseya VSA is used by everyone in the organization. The solution is deployed on all user's systems.

The support from Kaseya VSA does respond but sometimes it takes a while. The delay could be because they have a high workload, but the response could improve.

I rate the support from Kaseya VSA a four out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The solution is robust and the price is good for the features that are provided.

I rate the price of Kaseya VSA a four out of five.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others wanting to implement Kaseya VSA is they should go to Kaseya University or have some form of administrative knowledge sessions. This way they will be able to use the tool properly and receive the full benefit of it. You need some training on how to use it because it could be overwhelming sometimes. I would recommend others to use the solution.

I rate Kaseya VSA an eight out of ten.

Systems Engineer at Microgenesis Business Systems
An integrated IT systems management platform with a good patch management feature
  • "I like the remote control, audit, inventory, patch management, software management, and monitoring features."
  • "The agent-based monitoring solution can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaseya VSA for software and patch management.

What is most valuable?

I like the remote control, audit, inventory, patch management, software management, and monitoring features.

What needs improvement?

The agent-based monitoring solution can be improved. I think they need to be updated. The remote control feature could be better. It would also help if they had a mobile device management feature.

I've been working with Kaseya VSA for more than a year.

Sometimes patching is unreliable. I haven't encountered any other issues.

Technical support is good. If I have inquiries, issues, or a troubleshooting encounter, I can raise a ticket on their website and ask for support.

On a scale from one to five, I will give technical support a four.

I gave them a four because they don't always fix the issues that I encounter. For example, they suggest fixing the problem on the next version or the next enhancement.

The initial setup was difficult for me. It would help if you had the license and SQL driver for onboarding successfully.

I think it costs more than ManageEngine.

What other advice do I have?

I can still recommend this product. It'll help do technical tasks like remote control, patching, monitoring, audit, or inventory. You can also monitor devices in the production or the company's environment. But it's not a perfect solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Kaseya VSA an eight.

ShaneHaggerty - PeerSpot reviewer
Level III Technician at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
MSP
Has good stability and features, and it is easy to set up schedules and connect to clients
  • "Being able to connect to client computers without them necessarily needing to be there and being able to put in the patches and manage different information systems is valuable."
  • "The way it is laid out can be improved. If it could be a little more intuitive, it might be a little bit easier. Sometimes, it is hard to find features because they're called something weird, or they're in an interesting location that you wouldn't have thought that they'd be in."

What is most valuable?

Feature-wise, it is pretty robust. It is pretty easy to use. It is easy to set up schedules and connect to clients, and I'm pretty happy with it.

What needs improvement?

We have been using it for about a month or two since we opened our doors. Our techs will access it, and when we have customers, they'll get into the different computer systems and be able to get in there.

It has been really stable. I haven't had any issues with it.

There is really no setup. You just log in. There is also no maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I've been pretty impressed with it so far. It is a good system. It is fairly intuitive.  You just have to learn it. It has a pretty good learning curve, and you need to spend the time to really get to know the system well.

I would rate it a nine out of ten. It is pretty good.

Systems Engineer at Microgenesis Business Systems
Great auditing and reporting
  • "Kaseya VSA's best features are auditing and reporting."
  • "Kaseya VSA could be improved with more features to support the latest operating systems."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaseya VSA for simulation for customers also using the service.

What is most valuable?

Kaseya VSA's best features are auditing and reporting.

What needs improvement?

Kaseya VSA could be improved with more features to support the latest operating systems. In the next release, Kaseya should include mobile device management.

I've been using Kaseya VSA for over a year.

Kaseya VSA is stable.

Kaseya VSA is scalable.

The initial setup was straightforward and took about a week.

We used Kaseya for the deployment.

Licensing is available on a yearly basis and is priced per node.

What other advice do I have?

Before implementing Kaseya VSA, I'd recommend reviewing the white papers and data sheets that Kaseya has produced and requesting a demo so you can review and utilize what the solution has and can produce in your environment. I would give Kaseya VSA a rating of eight out of ten.

Dario Caraponale - PeerSpot reviewer
Founder at Strong security brasil
Good security features, easy to set up, but the price should be improved for different regions
  • "The most valuable part of this solution is the security features that it offers."
  • "If you compare with other products, Manage Engine has some features that we like but are not present in Kaseya."

What is our primary use case?

We are service providers. We use this solution to deploy our services to our customers.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more features included that are related to security. We are a company that is selling solutions for security and our customers often ask for more security features.

Kaseya VSA is installed on the cloud.

The dollar exchange rate in Brazil is very high, so the price should be better for our country.

More generally, the pricing could be better in the different regions.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Download our free Kaseya VSA Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022