system administrator at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Knowledgeable support, simple deployment, and one click cluster operations
  • "Nutanix Acropolis AOS is easy to use, it is a great platform."
  • "In the future, I would like to see multi-tenancy in Nutanix Acropolis AOS."

What is most valuable?

Nutanix Acropolis AOS is easy to use, it is a great platform.

What needs improvement?

In the future, I would like to see multi-tenancy in Nutanix Acropolis AOS.

I have used Nutanix Acropolis AOS for approximately six years.

The scalability is very easy. You plug in another node and that's it.

Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure (NCI)
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure (NCI). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The support provided for Nutanix Acropolis AOS is very good. They know the products well, if you have any error on a cluster or any problem with workloads on Nutanix, the engineer's support is great.

The initial setup was very simple. You only need to deploy the clusters and Nutanix configures all the clusters. In one day we were in production. When comparing the process to the VMware solution, it is less complex.

The solution could be a little less expensive.

If you want to run Nutanix on Windows, you have to pay for a license and if you want to have an Oracle Database, you have to pay a license for Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

With the simplicity of the deployment and the one-click operations over the cluster, Nutanix Acropolis AOS is a good solution. You have to have cloud experience.

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS a ten out of ten.

Karim Elwardany - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Sales Account Manager at BMB
Helpful support, reliable, and high availability

What is our primary use case?

I have been using Nutanix Acropolis AOS for approximately three years. However, I believe Nutanix Acropolis AOS is used in combination with Oracle solutions.

I have used Nutanix Acropolis AOS for approximately four years.

Nutanix Acropolis AOS is stable. We didn't receive any concerns regarding any problems, The customers have no concerns about the reliability.

The solution is scalable, we can scale it up when needed.

The technical support from Nutanix Acropolis AOS is very good.

The initial setup of Nutanix Acropolis AOS is simple.

We have a team that does the implementation of the solution for our customers, it is better to have professionals handle the process.

The return on investment of Nutanix Acropolis AOS is better than other solutions. Other solutions have higher overall costs, such as support or renewals.

Our customers are on three years license to use Nutanix Acropolis AOS. The price of the solution includes all features and support.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS a ten out of ten.

Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure (NCI)
November 2022
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Expert System Engineer at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Flexible, good documentation makes it easy to deploy, and it supports the entire ecosystem

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Nutanix is one of the platforms that we implement for our clients.

This operating system includes support for a complete ecosystem.

What is most valuable?

The ability to integrate with other products is fine.

This is a flexible solution.

The interface is okay.

What needs improvement?

With some projects that we are deploying, there are errors that arise when adding nodes.

I have been using Nutanix Acropolis AOS for perhaps four years.

The stability is good. This is the number-one product in that regard.

Scalability-wise, it is okay.

It is straightforward to deploy. The documentation available online makes it very clear.

We do see ROI but also experience problems with some deployments.

The local Nutanix representative in our region is not very good, so we are stopping our work with Nutanix products for the moment. We have worked on nice projects together in the past but for now, we are stopping our work with them.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Global Manager at a mining and metals company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Flexible, stable, and simple installation
  • "Nutanix Acropolis AOS is flexible and has helped people to work from home during the pandemic."
  • "The productivity and work efficiency of Nutanix Acropolis AOS could improve."

What is most valuable?

Nutanix Acropolis AOS is flexible and has helped people to work from home during the pandemic.

What needs improvement?

The productivity and work efficiency of Nutanix Acropolis AOS could improve.

In the future, the solution could improve by having more cloud features.

I have been using Nutanix Acropolis AOS for two and a half years.

Nutanix Acropolis AOS has been stable.

I have found Nutanix Acropolis AOS to be scalable.

We have approximately 400 users using this solution in my organization.

We have never had any major critical issues, we have not had the need to use the support.

I have previously used VxRail and it is very similar to Nutanix Acropolis AOS.

The initial setup was client-based and it was easy.

The cost of Nutanix Acropolis AOS is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

By deploying this solution you will receive the best results compared to other HCI solutions.

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS an eight out of ten.

Andres Arenilla - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Development Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Offers great scalability and flexibility in adding cluster nodes

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Acropolis was for pre-sales on architecting the solution. The company was partners with Nutanix and I'm a business development consultant.

What is most valuable?

I found the most important feature to be the flexibility that the solution offers in adding nodes to the clusters. Nutanix provides a level of scalability and flexibility that you don't get with any other solution on the market.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see more integration with other vendors and integration with public clouds. The feature is there but it could be improved.

I worked with this solution up until a couple of months ago and I used it for three years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, it's a key feature.

The technical support is not great, but it's good. The main problem is the time it takes to connect with the person you need to speak to.

The initial setup is quite easy.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution nine out of 10.

System Administrator at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Cost-effective solution for those wanting a complete infrastructure
  • "We have had good feedback from our customers about this solution."
  • "Areas for improvement would be the memory setting and the CPU setting reserve features, which are not available on Acropolis. I also feel that the DR solution, the reporting, and the component that is combined with the Nutanix OSP need to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution

How has it helped my organization?

We have had good feedback from our customers about this solution.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with this product for a year and a half.

I find this solution to be stable.

The scalability of this solution is fine.

The technical support is good.

I previously used VMware, but we switched to Acropolis as it is more cost-effective.

The initial setup was simple.

What other advice do I have?

Acropolis is a good choice for those who want to go with a complete infrastructure. I would give this solution a score of eight out of ten.

Senior Program Officer at a non-profit with 5,001-10,000 employees
Reseller
Integrates well, simple to manage, and high quality support
  • "Nutanix Acropolis AOS is easy to use, integrates with other hardware configurations, and is simple to manage."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Nutanix Acropolis AOS for running applications.

What is most valuable?

Nutanix Acropolis AOS is easy to use, integrates with other hardware configurations, and is simple to manage.

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

I have found the solution reliable.

The solution is easy to scale and upgrade.

We have approximately 30 clients using this solution.

The technical support is excellent for Nutanix, they are very responsive.

The installation difficulty depends on the environment but it typically is simple.

There is a license required for this solution and my clients usually purchase a two-year license with extended support. The price of the solution could be reduced, it is more expensive than competitors. You are able to receive some discounts if you meet certain criteria that make the price more comparable to others. However, the discounts tend to be difficult to qualify for.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS a nine out of ten.

IT Manager at BEST VALUE CHEM PVT LTD
    Extremely user-friendly, a complete package
    • "This is a complete, very user-friendly product."
    • "Notifications could be improved as they're not currently very useful."

What is our primary use case?

I'm an IT manager

What is most valuable?

The product provides a complete and wonderful package. The best feature is the level of user-friendliness the solution offers, it's a class apart.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see an improvement in the notifications because it's not very useful as it is now and it's quite difficult to find out what the problem is when something goes wrong.

I've been using the solution for three years.

This solution is highly scalable.

The customer support is very good.

The initial setup was straightforward. We have over 100 users and their roles are in sales, operations, supply chain and production.

We haven't yet had a return on our investment, we're expecting that sometime this year.

Licensing is on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely advise all my peers and anyone working in the same field to at least have a look at this product.

I rate the solution nine out of 10.

Download our free Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure (NCI) Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022