Associate Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Highly available, good documentation, and comprehensive APIs
  • "The documentation is very good."
  • "Not all of the functionality is available in Europe and our customers in France want to be able to use features that are only available in the US."

What is our primary use case?

We use AWS for the development of applications and websites for our customers. We produce web applications.

What is most valuable?

This is a highly available solution with a good API.

The documentation is very good.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Amazon AWS for six years.

Amazon AWS
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Amazon AWS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This is a stable product.

Amazon AWS is scalable. We develop projects for our clients, so the number of users grows each easy client. At this point, there are several hundred users and we plan to continue increasing our usage.

We don't use technical support very much, so I can't properly evaluate them. What I can say about Amazon is that they do not have a larger support team in Europe or even France. If we compare them to others, for example, Google has more support in our country.

AWS is the first cloud provider that we used.

The initial setup is very complex.

The first time we deployed this product, it was long. It took several weeks. Now that we have deployed it for several clients and have more experience, it only takes a couple of days.

We completed the deployment ourselves but there is a lot of documentation so it's possible, but it's better to have a consultant because it's difficult to know how to do it well the first time.

No staff is required for maintenance.

We pay monthly licensing fees.

Pricing is an area that can be improved because it is very complicated. It considers the number of processes, bandwidth, and different kinds of usage. This makes it difficult to predict. When we receive an invoice, there are always surprises. Now that we have used it for a long time, we have more information and are better able to estimate it.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to have a strategy for calculating or monitoring the price. For example, have some alerts set up.

Balaji T - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager Project Management at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Feature-rich, flexible, simple to install, and easy to use
  • "It scales well and is flexible."
  • "As a result of the competency, I believe that most people are now leaning toward Azure rather than AWS."

What is our primary use case?

We use Amazon AWS for provisioning and the majority of our deployments.

We support and provide services for our clients who lean towards using AWS.

What is most valuable?

Amazon AWS is easy to use.

It scales well and is flexible.

When compared to Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure, it has almost all of the features.

What needs improvement?

As a result of the competency, I believe that most people are now leaning toward Azure rather than AWS. That is also according to Gartner's forecast, more people are turning to Microsoft Azure.

The price could be better.

We have been using Amazon AWS for more than three years.

We are always using the latest version.

Amazon AWS is a stable solution.

It is a scalable product.

When the number of users increases, the bandwidth automatically increases, and when the number of users decreases, the bandwidth decreases.

We have a large organization with over 3,500 users, and more than 60 customers.

Our organization has an AWS center of excellence that increases our usage.

I personally have not contacted technical support.

We contact our own center of excellence team, who would then contact the AWS support team for any information we required. That is the order in which we must proceed. It's the hierarchy that we must adhere to.

I am also, familiar with Splunk.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The installation is done through the AWS Cloud and is so simple that it only took me 15 minutes to create instances, possibly even less than 10 minutes.

We have 200 engineers who are responsible for both the development tasks and the maintenance.

I was able to complete the installation myself.

When compared to GCP, Google, or Azure, the price could be lower.

As a company and a platinum sponsor, we know exactly where management will make a decision on getting the best price for us.

A monthly fee is a good option for a startup company or an individual, and it is paid yearly for larger organizations.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others because I am not familiar with Azure and only have experience with AWS.

We don't have any issues with this product. I would rate Amazon AWS a ten out of ten.

Amazon AWS
November 2022
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Manager, Enterprise Infrastructure at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feature-rich, mature, and scalable
  • "Technical support is quite helpful."
  • "We would appreciate it if the product was cheaper."

What is our primary use case?

We use mainly use the product for the infrastructure, the service components, and the storage.

What is most valuable?

The maturity that the solution offers is its most valuable aspect. It was one of the first solutions to market and has a long track record. It's very mature in terms of product delivery.

It is very stable.

The scalability is great.

In terms of features, it's very feature-rich and it's got a good ecosystem from third-party vendors as well in terms of those that partner up with them for offering their services on Amazon.

The security is good. Due to the fact that it's on the cloud, you can build your own security to meet your needs. It's enriched with great security features and capabilities. You just need to know how to run them.

Technical support is quite helpful.

What needs improvement?

We would appreciate it if the product was cheaper.

We've been using the solution since 2014.

The solution is very stable. The performance is good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

Due to the fact that it is a cloud, users really do not have an issue with scalability. It can expand to meet anyone's needs.

We have at least 200 users at this time.

Technical support has been very good overall. they are helpful and responsive. We are satisfied with the level of support.

Before Amazon, we did not use other products, however, we now also use Azure and Google.

As a cloud service, there really isn't an installation process that's required.

We use their subscription model.

The solution could always be cheaper.

We have a monthly recurring cost based on usage.

What other advice do I have?

As a cloud service, we are always on the latest version of the product.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten based on the feedback I've gotten from my team.

I'd recommend this service for particular use cases. However, it is important that users understand how it works. For example, it's not like you buy a server and running in a data center.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Associate Vice President at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Secure, highly scalable, and reliable
  • "Amazon AWS has improved a lot on security and is very good. Additionally, You can integrate your own security into their AWS platform."

What is our primary use case?

Amazon AWS can be used for storage, networking, and for many of the services they have available, such as databases, new site launches, and quick deployments.

What is most valuable?

The reporting and analytics monitoring are very good features and we are using them extensively.

I have been using Amazon AWS for approximately seven years.

I have found Amazon AWS to be stable.

Amazon AWS is highly scalable.

We have previously used older servers solutions from Dell, HP, and IBM.

The installation of this solution is straightforward.

The amount of people we need for the deployment depends on the use case and what type of business operations you are running. You can start with one resource based on the requirements and you can add the people as you need them. The majority of the people you will need will be for DevOps and you can scale your team as per your requirements. You can start with one at the beginning stage but you could end up needing a hundred thousand people but this depends on the business growth and many factors.

The pricing model of Amazon AWS is very good because there is an option to pay for what you use only, you do not have to give any money upfront to use it. However, we have some instances where we are on a monthly plan.

When you compare Amazon AWS to Microsoft Azure, the pricing of both is almost the same. There are some instances when one is cheaper than the other in one area but it is difficult to pinpoint which one is cheaper because it depends upon a lot of factors, such as the use case. However, the overall price of both solutions could be reduced.

I have evaluated Microsoft Azure.

What other advice do I have?

A lot of organizations are moving from on-premise solutions to the cloud. There are a lot of case studies already in the marketplace which you can go there and find case study solutions to your business requirements.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Amazon AWS a nine out of ten.

Sr Solution Architect at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Priced competitively, reliable, but difficult figuring out usage cost
    • "This solution is stable and reliable."
    • "We have had some difficulty figuring out how to monitor how many EC2 instances have been networked into our entire enterprise. We usually try to create a diagram outside of AWS. The types of information we are trying to determine are, for example, what hardware devices are interconnected, and when was the interconnection made."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution predominately to reduce the amount of effort we need to migrate to the cloud.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We have had some difficulty figuring out how to monitor how many EC2 instances have been networked into our entire enterprise. We usually try to create a diagram outside of AWS. The types of information we are trying to determine are, for example, what hardware devices are interconnected, and when was the interconnection made.

It is difficult to extrapolate budgeting costs and schedules from the information gathered from the usage of the solution in our systems. We are given a large lump sum of money at the beginning of the year for our budget but it is hard to summarize costs to put down on paper for justification or projections.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

This solution is stable and reliable.

We are planning on moving more of our systems to the cloud. Currently, we have approximately 60% of our applications on the cloud.

Our developers found the installation a moderate level of difficulty, there was not anything that was complex. It is helpful to have some tutorials to follow.

The solution is on a pay-as-use pricing model. The price of the solution could always be better but it is priced competitively.

We have evaluated Lambda, and in some cases, it might be a better option than EC2. However, we have decided to go with EC2 because it is closer to a drop-in displacement which works better with our applications, for example, Spring Boot and other similar variations.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is EC2 has its specific use case needs like other solutions, such as Lamda. If you have the need for a specific use case this solution could be the right choice. For example, it is possible to have your monolithic application on the cloud and decompose it into your microservice architecture or use it with Lambda capabilities. You can do this and have a high percentage of your application on the cloud. However, you need to be sure it is the right choice, it is something you need to be careful of.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Amazon AWS a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Technical Architect at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
    MSP
    It covers a lot of services, including computing, networking, storage, IoT, and management
    • "We use AWS for multiple purposes, such as developing APIs and API integration using API Gateway. We use API Gateway, Python Combinator, Lambda Glue, and ETL Process. We have used EMR for big data processing. If we need a tool for computing, we go with the Lamda DMS. There are many services available in AWS that meet our needs."
    • "AWS has room for improvement on the Kubernetes side. I would like to go a little deeper into the Kubernetes target, Elastic, inner system, and all that. The EKS, target, and all these areas need to be improved, but that is not my key area because I am mostly working on the application side."

What is our primary use case?

We use AWS for multiple purposes, such as developing APIs and API integration using API Gateway. We use API Gateway, Python Combinator, Lambda Glue, and ETL Process. We have used EMR for big data processing. If we need a tool for computing, we go with the Lamda DMS. There are many services available in AWS that meet our needs.

What is most valuable?

The feature that's most valuable depends on your use case. Elasticsearch is good for testing and DynamoDb for database applications. There are so many things I could name, but you have to go with the service that is right for the use case you are looking for.

What needs improvement?

AWS has room for improvement on the Kubernetes side. I would like to go a little deeper into the Kubernetes target, Elastic, inner system, and all that. The EKS, target, and all these areas need to be improved, but that is not my key area because I am mostly working on the application side. However, I sometimes still need to work with Kubernetes container management.

I've been using AWS for the last seven years.

AWS has "11 9s" service availability, which means the service is available 99.99999999999 percent of the time.

I would rate AWS support four out of five. They're good. I can activate cases on the technical calendar through AWS development support. I've gotten a lot of support through AWS Blue.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The deployment complexity depends on which template you're using: AWS Terraform or CloudFormation. It's easiest to deploy services via Terraform, so you can go with that. That is the most straightforward way, and you can do all automation within Terraform.

What other advice do I have?

I rate AWS nine out of 10. Everything is moving to the cloud now, and AWS covers a lot of services, including computing, networking, storage, IoT, and management, and they are good in every way.

They face competition from GCP and Azure, but Azure is entirely a Microsoft stack, so people will go with that when they're working with Microsoft solutions. It is a little cheaper than AWS. In the end, the cloud you choose depends on the use case. It's up to the customer.

Lecturer and Researcher at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Very scalable, easy to use, and reliable
    • "The installation process is very simple."
    • "The product would be better if it was more secure."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a cloud computing platform. We use it for database storage.

How has it helped my organization?

Application development and migration form On-Premise to Cloud

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable. Its reliability is great.

We've found the product to be very easy to use.

The solution is scalable.

The installation process is very simple.

Technical support is very good.

What needs improvement?

The product would be better if it was more secure.

The stability could always be improved upon.

I've been using the solution for a few years at this point. It's been a while. I've had a good amount of time to work with it.

The solution is very stable. It doesn't crash or freeze. there are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable and the performance is good.

The product is scalable. If a company needs to expand, it can do so with ease.

We have about 50 people using the solution within our organization.

The technical support on offer from Amazon is very helpful and responsive. I'm happy with the level of service they provide. They are very good.

We did not previously use a different product. We've always used AWS.

The solution is very simple and straightforward. It's not complex or difficult. A company shouldn't have any issue with the process. The deployment is quick.

Middle level

Calculate form  Physical Server , CAPEX,OPEX

You do need to pay for a license. We pay a monthly fee in order to use the product.

Yes,I study form this ,https://comparecloud.in/

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution. I'm not sure of the version number off-hand.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We're very happy with its capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies.

Hybrid Cloud

Digital Architect at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Stable and scalable with a fast deployment process
    • "The initial setup is easy. The deployment is fast."
    • "The pricing could be a bit high at times. It's something they could improve upon."

What is our primary use case?

We're using the solution for version codes for various types of services. We also use the solution as a database. We use the platform to analyze data services.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good at analyzing data services.

The initial setup is easy. The deployment is fast.

We really enjoy working on something that is based in the cloud. It makes things easier.

What needs improvement?

We aren't missing any features right now. For us, the solution is perfect as it is. We don't feel anything is lacking.

While my organization has been using the solution for years at this point, I have not been using it for the same length of time. It's been a while, however, it hasn't been that long.

The solution is very stable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There aren't bugs or glitches. The performance is good. All of the services and requirements for our clients are currently working without any issue.

The scalability of the product is okay. You can expand it if you need to.

We only have a few people currently using the solution in our organization. There aren't a lot of us using it.

We've used technical support in the past. We've made tickets. Largely, it's been helpful. The response time is reasonable. We're largely satisfied with the level of support provided.

We've found that, overall, the initial setup isn't too complex. It's straightforward and very easy. A company shouldn't have any issues with the implementation process. We didn't have trouble.

Deployment times vary. It often depends on the services involved. We did an implementation in February and it was only five minutes. It can be very quick. It doesn't take too long.

What other advice do I have?

We are an AWS partner.

I'd recommend the solution. Having a cloud available has been great. It makes things faster and easier and the deployment is pretty quick and very straightforward.

I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I've been extremely happy with the product so far.

Download our free Amazon AWS Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022