Audit Manager at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
A stable and scalable cloud computing solution with useful advanced features
  • "I like that it helps us do everything really fast, and its advanced services."
  • "The price could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use Amazon AWS because it has really advanced parameters and suits our business.

What is most valuable?

I like that it helps us do everything really fast, and its advanced services.

What needs improvement?

The price could be better.

I've been using Amazon AWS for about four months.

Amazon AWS
December 2022
Learn what your peers think about Amazon AWS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Amazon AWS is stable, and there aren't any issues that I know about.

Amazon AWS is scalable.

I didn't notice any problems or issues related to this area, and everything was fine.

The initial setup wasn't easy because we implemented this process over two months, and it was a complex process.

It's an expensive product.

My company considered not only one provider, and it was really a complicated process to review all the providers. We had our checklist of all necessary requirements, and it was quite complicated. We chose AWS because of its advanced features that let us do everything quickly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to new users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Amazon AWS a nine.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Director - Technology Operations at a educational organization with 10,001+ employees
Helpful service for a variety of applications

What is our primary use case?

We use Amazon AWS for many applications as well as Amazon's native services. We have a mix of content-based workloads and traditional legacy type of applications.

What is most valuable?

Amazon AWS contains a lot of helpful services.

What needs improvement?

Amazon AWS would be improved if it were more stable and if customer support's responses were faster.

I have been using this solution for many years, somewhere between seven and ten.

This solution has been relatively stable. We had one issue sometime back, so the infrastructure could be more resilient.

This solution is scalable.

I have contacted customer support and their response time could be faster.

We migrated to Amazon AWS from the Data Centers.

The installation was straightforward. The installation time varies depending on workloads.

I implemented through an in-house team. We have multiple teams for deployment and maintenance.

There is no licensing cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Amazon AWS an eight out of ten. I recommend this solution to anyone who wants to start using it.

Amazon AWS
December 2022
657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Samuel Rojas - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Information Security Analyst at a recruiting/HR firm with 201-500 employees
A user-friendly cloud computing solution

What is our primary use case?

We use Amazon AWS for our development and testing solutions.

What is most valuable?

I think Amazon AWS is easy to use, and it's a good service. I also like Amazon EKS because it's good.

What needs improvement?

Like anything, Amazon AWS has room for improvement, but it's not bad.

We have been using Amazon AWS for about three or four years.

Amazon AWS is a stable solution.

Amazon AWS is a scalable solution. It was one of the important topics of discussion in our evaluation.

Their technical support is good, very friendly, and provides us with a solution.

I think the initial setup is easy, but you have to invest some time and learn how to do it before setting it up for the first time. It's pretty easy for a new user to set up.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users to create a plan. It's very important to have a plan, especially if it's your first time. This is because different solutions and levels are charged separately with separate bills.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Amazon AWS a nine.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Platform Technologies Lead Engineer at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good performance, robust, and scales well

What is our primary use case?

We use Amazon AWS to store and run cloud-based applications in the cloud, such as databases, virtual machines, and dockers.

What needs improvement?

The price could be reduced.

It is difficult to hand over legacy applications when migrating them to the cloud. It's a challenge.

I have been working with Amazon AWS for approximately eight years. It's been a long time.

We are working with the latest version.

We have no issues with the stability of Amazon AWS.

Amazon AWS is a scalable solution.

We are providing applications at a global level. This solution is used by 1,000 users.

The technical support is good.

The installation can be challenging when migrating legacy applications to the cloud.

Most of the time, I require the assistance of some technicians.

It is very expensive, you have to be very cautious.

Licensing fees are paid on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Amazon AWS an eight out of ten.

Senior Manager IT at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to set up, good support, and feature-rich
  • "The installation and initial setup are easy."
  • "We have had several issues with the products and services but as of now, there are no good alternatives."

What is our primary use case?

We use the AWS Cloud service for storing company-related information.

What is most valuable?

The cloud-based infrastructure has several good products that people normally use.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Amazon AWS for the past seven years.

I use AWS several times each day, and we plan to continue using it.

We have 7,000 users on AWS.

The technical support and customer service are good.

I have also worked with Microsoft Azure and I find the initial setup of AWS to be easier.

The installation and initial setup are easy.

This is a subscription-based product.

This is not an expensive product but it would be an improvement if the price were cheaper. Google Cloud, for example, is cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

This is definitely a product that I recommend.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Valeria Quintanilla - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager of DevOps at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's easy to configure and has high availability

What is our primary use case?

AWS is deployed into a public cloud. We have five lines and everything is autotomized. We are using several AWS solutions, including Containers, Pierre, Stargate, and Lambda. We have several projects in production, but I can't disclose more details because it's confidential.

What is most valuable?

AWS is easier to implement than other solutions, and it's more reliable.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful for us if we could easily integrate Oracle RDS with AWS. That would work well with the solutions we have in place.

AWS is stable.

We can quickly add resources with AWS when necessary. Our company currently has 200 users working with AWS.

Amazon support could be better.

Deploying AWS is easy. The amount of time it takes depends on the application. I couldn't give a precise estimate of the number of minutes. We have four engineers to manage and maintain the solution.

We pay about $20,000 per month, and the license is all-inclusive.

We are compared AWS with Azure and IBM Cloud, but in the end, we decided to work with AWS.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Amazon AWS 10 out of 10. For me, it's perfect. AWS is effortless to configure and has high availability.

Bořivoj Tydlitát - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Security Officer at The Mama AI
The whole solution is well designed and has decent documentation
  • "The whole solution is well designed and AWS has decent documentation, which is not to be taken for granted. I've also found that AWS is easy to use."
  • "Some of the storage services could be cheaper."

What is our primary use case?

AWS has a wide selection of technologies for various use cases.

What is most valuable?

The whole solution is well designed and AWS has decent documentation, which is not to be taken for granted. I've also found that AWS is easy to use.

I have been using AWS for about a year.

We have no problems with the stability. The issue we've had is that the deployment of services took a bit long in some cases.

We haven't deployed anything where scalability was an issue so far.

Deploying AWS solutions is reasonably straightforward. Of course, with all these technologies, you have to understand their vocabulary and like the topology of the thing that they are offering. Implementing AWS IAM was a bit complex. Other than that, AWS stands out for usability.

AWS is a cloud service, so it's pay-as-you-go.  Some of the storage services could be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

I rate AWS eight out of 10. It's well designed and well documented. Overall, AWS is a good public cloud platform.  Before signing up for AWS, it's probably a good idea to think about pricing because some of their services can be obtained elsewhere for a better price.

ASHOK YADAV - PeerSpot reviewer
Solutions Architect at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good in terms of deployment and user experience
  • "Amazon AWS is good in terms of deployment and user experience. Their certificate management and load balancer are also good features."
  • "The sorting model in AWS is a little bit complicated. When you are going through any component, you can get some surprising results."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The sorting model in AWS is a little bit complicated. When you are going through any component, you can get some surprising results.

I've been using AWS for more than two years.

Scalability is something that people are looking for when they choose Amazon AWS. I like that it integrates well with IBM Resilient, which is like a serverless map. We have more than 5,000 employees in our organization.

Amazon support is good.

Setting up AWS was straightforward. It only took around 20 minutes. We used about five to 10 team members for deployment. For maintenance, we have an architect and some RDS specialists.

Amazon AWS could have more options and transparency in its pricing model. You need in-depth knowledge to adopt AWS. So someone without that knowledge base might not understand all of the costs associated with AWS.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Amazon AWS nine out of 10. I would definitely recommend it to others.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Download our free Amazon AWS Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: December 2022