Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Senior Program Manager at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Valuable company information overview, easy to use, and has useful dashboards
  • "The solution counts the number of cross-sections at each step of the year which allows you to see all the data to figure out what is happening in the company. You do not need to manually collect data, it continuously updates the data. Overall the solution is easy to use and has dashboards."
  • "The dashboard could be improved by allowing customization and they could introduce a Mac version of the solution."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to gather our data for business improvements and to automate tasks.

What is most valuable?

The solution counts the number of cross-sections at each step of the year which allows you to see all the data to figure out what is happening in the company. You do not need to manually collect data, it continuously updates the data. Overall the solution is easy to use and has dashboards.

What needs improvement?

In a future release, they could provide more API integration, for example, with Oracle API.

I have been using this solution for approximately six months.

UiPath Process Mining
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about UiPath Process Mining. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

In my experience, the solution is 99% stable.

I have approximately five people using this solution in my organization.

I did not have any issues with the need to contact technical support.

I have previously used Automation Anywhere and switch to this solution because it is better.

The initial setup is complicated.

The price of the solution could be lower. However, Automation Anywhere is approximately $8,000, and when comparing these solutions, UiPath Process Mining is less expensive. The license for the solution is purchased annually.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others that want to implement this solution to train their staff well in the usage of this solution. They will require more than a 10-minute training session. It is important for them to understand that this solution is for gathering data and they will require additional consultancy to create robotic processes. Automation machines themself cannot create automatic processes. Humans have to assess the process, understand the bottlenecks, and create a better one with more value-adding activities. Many people think that they have the system and everything should be done by robots now, it is not how it works.

I rate UiPath Process Mining a nine out of ten.

Miguel Angel Carballar Garrido - PeerSpot reviewer
Intelligent Automation & Artificial Intelligence Product Manager at PepsiCo
A stable process mining solution that allows you to visualize the whole process
  • "When it comes to valuable features, I think the first one will be the way we can visualize the whole process."
  • "The connection to other systems could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We're using ProcessGold on the UiPath to review one of the financial processes from accounts payable for all Latin American transactions in our shared services center.

What is most valuable?

When it comes to valuable features, I think the first one will be the way we can visualize the whole process. The other one is the automation percentage that gives us an idea or an opportunity to figure out what to do next.

What needs improvement?

The connection to other systems could be better. I don't think it's an issue right now, but I think it could be better. I would also like the connection between ProcessGold and the RPA's interface to be more transparent.

UiPath Process Mining is a stable solution.

UiPath Process Mining is a scalable product.

Technical support is very good. The team responds to us very quickly.

We used Celonis, but it was a pain to develop that solution. We chose UiPath because there was a pilot program to compare it with Celonis. It wasn't as expensive as Celonis, so we used the pilot to confirm the functionality and deployment time. Celonis took about six months to connect with SAP. With UiPath, it took about two weeks.

It was easy from an SAP perspective, but we needed to use more things on the server to connect it to ProcessGold. Some native connectors would have probably made it easier. It took us about two months to deploy the full solution. It was very fast.

We deal with UiPath directly, but I believe that UiPath used consultants from another firm to help us.

We pay yearly, and I believe a support fee is paid monthly.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give UiPath Process Mining a ten.

Hybrid Cloud
UiPath Process Mining
September 2022
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Chief Technology Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Data collection and cleaning needs improvement; process mapping tool is a good feature
  • "Process mapping tool is most valuable tool."
  • "Has a very limited way of collecting process data."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is helping companies understand their business forecast so that we can identify opportunities for automation. Before getting to the automation, we always make an analysis of where the process friction is and we try to address any issues. We are customers of UiPath and I'm the CCO.

What is most valuable?

I think Process Mining's most important feature is the process mapping tool. There's always a high-level map and a low-level map. High-level refers to the high-level process steps and then low-level for low level. It's a matter of connecting the two together.

What needs improvement?

The main issue for us is how data is being collected. I think a lot of Process Mining's tool has a very limited way of collecting process data. Industry-wide there's a gap and data collection needs improvement, it's a constant challenge. Any demo will show an ideal case but when you use it in the actual environment, collecting data is a real problem. Cleaning the data is also a problem, and then being able to analyze it and make any meaningful sense out of the whole thing is the issue.

I've been using this solution for a year.

We haven't reached the point where we can scale up. Most of the cases are still very small scale. I can't quite imagine doing a very major implementation at this point.

I haven't contacted technical support, it's still very much based on whatever's available in the community.

The initial setup is quite complex. Ideally, you want to get hold of a trial version. One of the reasons I couldn't use TouchUI power, is because it wasn't available for a trial version. So I can't try it out, even in a small simulator environment.

What other advice do I have?

I wouldn't recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution a four out of 10.

Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Very simple to implement and use; we can easily write code
  • "Simple solution that allows us to write code."
  • "Cost of the solution is high."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution for our client was for PDF automation which we used to extract data from the PDF, details such as invoice number and invoice structure. We extract all the data and it gets posted to the website. They post all the details inside a tool they use. Before implementation of UiPath this was a manual process which required 50 people all doing the same work 24/7. Once we implemented RPA, it reduced the time factor by around 80%. I'm a consultant and we are partners of UiPath.

What is most valuable?

UiPath is a top product. We can write code with it and also write a Visual Basic .NET. There are active people in the forum and that's great. We can do everything we want in similar solutions such as Power Automate and Automate Anywhere, but in UiPath it's a lot simpler. It can be a struggle with the other solutions whereas UiPath has already answered all the issues and we can get problems resolved using the forum.

What needs improvement?

Documentation could be improved and the cost of the product is high, even if you're a middle scale industry. You might reject the solution on the grounds of cost. Power Automate Desktop is much cheaper than UiPath and Automation Anywhere is also cheaper.

I've been using this solution for over two years.

Technical support is very good when it compares to the other RPA tools. So in SAP automation, we had faced some issue and it got resolved. Within an hour we can get a response from the UiPath support team.

I've used other solutions but prefer UiPath. The cost is a barrier.

The initial setup is very easy. We can download from Orchestrator. Solutions such as Elasticsearch takes more time because people don't know how to implement as well. GitHub also integrates with UiPath so if the client agrees to upload it in GitHub, it's very easy.

Divakar Sarma - PeerSpot reviewer
Executive Manager at Deloitte
Beneficial interface, high level detail, and helpful support
  • "The most valuable features of UiPath Process Mining are ease to use, the graphical user interface is good, and the level of detail it will bring on the board is beneficial. We will be able to visualize a wide variety of users, what are the bottlenecks, and where it's taking a long time to process."
  • "The installation documentation and guides for users from UiPath Process Mining could be a little better."

What is our primary use case?

UiPath Process Mining can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud.

I am using UiPath Process Mining for receiving the financial ledger details from the system because of the end-to-end payment posting. UiPath Process Mining's posting on the account written solutions, we are only using the schedule for process mining.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of UiPath Process Mining are ease to use, the graphical user interface is good, and the level of detail it will bring on the board is beneficial. We will be able to visualize a wide variety of users, what are the bottlenecks, and where it's taking a long time to process.

What needs improvement?

The installation documentation and guides for users from UiPath Process Mining could be a little better.

I have been using UiPath Process Mining for approximately four years.

UiPath Process Mining is stable.

The scalability of UiPath Process Mining is good.

We have approximately 1,500 people in my company and many have access to this solution to use it.

We have five to six portfolios are using this solution.

UiPath Process Mining's support is very good.

UiPath Process Mining requires customization but with a little guidance with the documentation, we can use it.

We have 20 to 30 people that are managing this solution in our portfolios.

The licensing cost depends on the enterprise, and the discounts and offers available at the time. The price of the solution is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to look through the catalog of solutions available. They should try UiPath Process Mining out and see what they think of it evaluating the pros and cons. From this information, they can make their decision if it is the best fit for their use case.

I rate UiPath Process Mining an eight out of ten.

Hiroyuki Shinohara - PeerSpot reviewer
Vice President Of Quality at Nidec Corporation
Easy to use, scalable, compact

What is most valuable?

UiPath Process Mining is really compact, like desktops and desktop automation. It is easy to make and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

UiPath Process Mining needs system development and capabilities for designers. UiPath Process Mining is not easy for everyday users. UiPath Process Mining requires system development skills which means you still need special development training for all the developers. This will make it easier to use out of the box.

I have been using UiPath Process Mining for about a year now.

UiPath Process Mining stability depends on the design. For example, handling and expecting user behavior that is robust. Robust systems we can develop, but in some cases, there can be unexpected behavior or time out because of the size of files. Overall there are no problems with stability for me.

You need to start from a small, interesting group, then scale up involving the top management individuals to help them understand. I think starting small is better for the RPA.

I think the desktop version limited can be scalable in the future, maybe going to the cloud would make it easy. it's more reasonable instead of the hundred, two hundred desktop version RP. Maybe change in the next upgrade to the cloud-native version of the RP.

In most cases, we use our internal developer experience.

UiPath Process Mining starting from the PD comprehensive case is complicated. There is not so much benefit for the RPA solutions. UiPath Process Mining should be simple and straightforward.

From the task reduction point of view, I think a lot like maybe 0.3 year or less, we can get the returns, but actually, task reduction and reduction are different. We see cost savings from task reduction. The PL actual headcount reduction is a different issue.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate UiPath Process Mining a nine out of ten.

Darren Hengherr - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Operations Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
MSP
A good technology that is revolutionizing our financial processes
  • "This technology as a whole is really revolutionizing our finances."
  • "Process Mining still has to mature somewhat."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use UiPath for the automation of our financial systems. The use cases include invoicing, billing, and other financial processes.

What is most valuable?

This technology as a whole is really revolutionizing our finances.

What needs improvement?

Process Mining still has to mature somewhat.

There is a bit of a concern about being able to use this on a mobile device.

I have been using UiPath Process Mining for approximately the past three months.

This product is 100% enterprise-scalable.

We have between 15 and 20 users, but it is being used by the entire financial division, which affects up to 150 staff.

This is a cloud-based deployment so it was very easy to set up with no installation. I find that to be very important, these days.

We began our evaluation with Blue Prism. We used it only on a very small scale for the purpose of evaluating it. We felt that it was too old, as it was one of the first products on the market, and we wanted something more modern.

After that, we discovered Automation Anywhere, which was much better, and then we decided to also look at UiPath. AA has a very good local partner for support. The company is quick to respond, and the issues have been dealt with very quickly.

UiPath and Automation Anywhere are very similar, but ultimately, we decided to go with Automation Anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

UiPath Process Mining is very good, and absolutely a product that I can recommend. That said, it still has to mature somewhat.

Automation Senior Advisor at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Identifies and automates repetitive tasks in an effort to eliminate human error
  • "I think once you start using it, it's absolutely vital on a project. It's truly one of the most helpful things for a project."
  • "I used to be a trainer and an instructional designer. I think the training has to be more specific — it's a little scattered."

What needs improvement?

I don't think Process Mining has any areas for improvement. I think once you start using it, it's absolutely vital for a project. It's truly one of the most helpful things for a project.

It should be an original part of the package and not just an add-on. Obviously, that makes it more expensive. But I think that once people see the value and they use it, it's so important for everybody. The BAs are really impressed and the developers really get a kick out of it — they love it. It makes it easier to sell. I believe it's even more valuable than Automation Hub.

I have been using this solution for two months.

We've never experienced any issues with either scalability or stability. My team never had trouble with it.

Customer support is excellent. My CSMs are phenomenal.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. Deployment takes one day. Once you have Orchestrator, it's not hard.

Our customers are extremely satisfied with their ROI with this solution.

What other advice do I have?

You really have to know the product and know how it works with the initial studio and who you want to talk to at what level to make sure that you can sell the product.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

Download our free UiPath Process Mining Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022