We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
PROGRAMMER at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Provides us with nearly complete control and reduces user time
  • "We find the solution to be really easy not just for development purposes, but also for its use and ability to be understood."
  • "The remote desktop we utilize suffers from inconsistent performance, sometimes functioning well and other times not."

What is our primary use case?

We find the solution to be really easy not just for development purposes, but also for its use and ability to be understood. We can use it to reduce user time.

What is most valuable?

UiPath Process Mining allows us to have almost complete control. This is because we have many keys carrying out activities, us working in a very important organization.

What needs improvement?

In the current COVID-plagued environments, we built many bots, which was a plus, in place of requiring people to be physically present in the organization.

We use UiPath Mining Review in multiple forums. At the day's outset, we upload economic information and make much use of the financial reports at day's end. This used to be done manually, but the solution now allows us to do so automatically. As such, we focus our attention on many areas.

This said, the remote desktop we utilize suffers from inconsistent performance, sometimes functioning well and other times not.

There should also be adapters for enabling more control of the remote desktop. The solution should include some adapters for numeric use, as well as a remote tester.

I started using UiPath in the organization around two-and-a-half years ago.

The stability is really good.

We do have plans to increase the solution's usage. I started with its use in the organization. In the beginning there were two of us, following the exit of another person. Towards the end of 2020 I had help, as I was teaching others how to assist me with the solution's use. We do not need many people to carry out the work.

We are hiring step-by-step. For the moment, there are two or three others who assist me, but not at a high level. This is being done gradually and they are being allocated time to analyze the results of the solution.

Technical support is really great. We had various issues, including those involving other processes and problematic compatibility, when we updated in January to the version I mentioned.

We did not previously utilize a different solution.

We deploy both on-premises and through hybrid cloud, with Amazon AWS.

The installation process involved several steps, the first one involving the need for digital information to our desktop applications.

The deployment is not difficult and can vary in time. averaging around two weeks, especially when we have the documentation.

Licensing costs are on an annual basis.

In addition to the standard licensing costs we incur fees with a vendor here in Guatemala. I am referring to the service provider license and it is in respects of us being a public organization.

What other advice do I have?

I started using the solution from the inception of my organization and make use of it solely.

I am solely responsible for all deployment, maintenance and ancillary matters concerning UiPath.

I recommend the use of UiPath Process Mining. As UiPath is really easy to understand and control, it is wonderful. It is really comfortable for development purposes.

I rate UiPath Process Mining as a ten, since I feel pretty great working with it.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Kenneth Cespedes
RPA Engineer at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Stable with s straightforward setup and offers good collaboration capabilities
  • "So far, we are just testing it and seeking out use cases, however, so far, it's been an interesting solution to work with."
  • "We may need additional features for processing data."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for accountability for a few processes in a financial services company.

Right now, we are in the early stages of using the product. We just want to watch it to see how it works, what use cases we can take from it, and how we can incorporate it into the business.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers good collaboration capabilities.

The initial setup was fairly straightforward.

The solution is very stable.

What needs improvement?

We have too many processes. We use non-script data. We need to see how to capture this information and do a process mining to improve the data - to clean that data and store that data but in a clean way. We still need to figure out if UiPath can do this effectively.

We may need additional features for processing data.

We haven't used the solution too long. We're still working to figure out if we will keep using it.

The stability has been good so far. There are no bugs or glitches. it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

As we are still testing the solution, we only have five to ten users actually using the solution in our company.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's easy. It's not overly complex or difficult. Everything is pretty simple to execute.

We first tested the system to see how it worked, and then we implemented it.

I cannot recall how many staff members were actually involved in the implementation process.

We used a consultant during the implementation.

We are looking at UiPath in comparison to Automation Anywhere, to see which works better and which we should use primarily.

Right now, we have Automation Anywhere, version 11, and that version is on-premise. The next step for us is we need to move to a cloud version, and we have find out of we should stay with Automation Anywhere and move to 360 or we move to UiPath's cloud version.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with UiPath.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten so far. We're still experimenting and learning. We're still seeing what it can do and how it can fit into our business. However, from what we've seen, it's compelling.

Learn what your peers think about UiPath Process Mining. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
565,689 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Nayeem  Mohammed
Program Manager - IA at Proven Consult
Straightforward to set up, good support, and is very handy for beginning with RPA
  • "What I like about this solution is the way it identifies the process and the transformation from data to some analysis between appliances."
  • "Not everyone in the business can readily provide the kind of information that is to be put into process mining, which is an area that needs to be worked on."

What is our primary use case?

We are IT, service providers. We help our customers use this solution.

When you have a huge inventory of business processes, and you need to understand where to begin your automation journey.

That is where process mining becomes a very handy, tool.

With the help of the CPG logs, we can data mine the database logs, which processes consume more time, which is more critical, and which is more business.

What is most valuable?

What I like about this solution is the way it identifies the process and the transformation from data to some analysis between appliances.

What needs improvement?

Process mining doesn't need an improvement as such. However, to get the data from the business process, the backend data, and the log data, from the business and feeding that to process mining is a challenge.

Not everyone in the business can readily provide the kind of information that is to be put into process mining, which is an area that needs to be worked on.

At the moment, process mining is a new product, so the pitfalls or the cons of this tool are yet to be realized. It's too early to say.

What I would expect is a little bit of an AI component included in process mining. That would help the developers or the business analyst get more insights into the other possible options.

The element of features that can be included. At the moment it is data-driven. There should be some improvement in terms of its intelligence to artificial means. That is what I'm looking for from them.

I have been using UiPath for six months.

I am using the latest version.

This is a stable solution.

Process Mining is scalable, providing that it is applied to process mining as an input.

We plan to continue providing this solution to our clients.

Support from UiPath is easy. We have not had any challenge in terms of getting their assistance.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was very quick.

The installation was done by someone on our IT team.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely, I would recommend it. This is a very good tool. The inputs to this process mining are also very good.

Technical Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
MSP
You can identify individual tasks that are potentially consuming time within each process
  • "With Salesforce, you can identify individual tasks that are potentially consuming time within each process. You can see what process you want to automate and which task within a process will give you the most bang for your buck."
  • "Setting up UiPath is relatively complex. It potentially involves multiple business units. First, you need to set up the connectors. If you want to analyze enterprise performance, you will have to do enterprise connectors, which means you must deal with different system owners, security, and things like that. That can get complicated."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to identify and map out processes in our system then identify areas that would be good candidates for automation. You can use it to analyze your entire enterprise, including ERP, CRM, etc. It's not limited to a single workstation.

What is most valuable?

With Salesforce, you can identify individual tasks that are potentially consuming time within each process. You can see what process you want to automate and which task within a process will give you the most bang for your buck.

You can compare performance over time and see if your changes push a bottleneck downstream or what kind of results you're getting with it. Otherwise, you can use it to measure the performance increases you can introduce.

I've been using UiPath for about a year.

UiPath's stability is excellent.

UiPath is scalable, and it can work offline. You can build the collection separate from the process mining instance and then feed it as a series of files, log files, etc. In addition, you can limit its impact to a specific sandbox, so it can work in a secure environment that way.

UiPath can be used as a standalone tool, or with the UiPath automation hub, it can produce documentation and even scale out by integrating with other solutions.

Setting up UiPath is relatively complex. It potentially involves multiple business units. First, you need to set up the connectors. If you want to analyze enterprise performance, you will have to do enterprise connectors, which means you must deal with different system owners, security, and things like that. That can get complicated.

After installation, one person could certainly maintain it, but it would depend on how many different things you're monitoring,

If you're in a situation where UiPath will be helpful to you, then you're going to get an amazing return.

What other advice do I have?

I rate UiPath 10 out of 10. It's as good or better than anything else out there I'm aware of. If you plan to implement it, I advise you to work with an experienced partner. It takes a specialized skillset with a combination of business and technical know-how to set UiPath up and to get the most out of it, you want to work with someone who knows.

RPA Developer at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Satisfactory online support, and the solution is robust
  • "I have never had issues with online technical support."
  • "It would be helpful to make the spy modules more accurate."

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in the design studios. Design studios and exception handling are the two that we usually migrate to Blue Prism because Blue Prism's exception handling and design studios are much more, user-friendly.

It would be helpful to make the spy modules more accurate.

The spy modules will integrate your Citrix-based programs. Many people are moving to Citrix-based systems.

I have been working with UiPath Process Mining since 2019.

UiPath Process Mining is a very stable product.

The most significant issue with scalability on most platforms, such as Blue Prism and UiPath, is that they are extremely expensive.

I have never had issues with online technical support.

I have also been working with Blue Prism since 2016, 2017. We are using version 6.9.

Automation based on the browser. The browser base is very stable, but there is some room for improvement in the spying elements on some websites. It's your capability where you actually spy something and run it unattended because most of our bots are unattended fields, so you have to build in a whole backup just to deal with it that way.

Blue Prism is very stable.

They are expensive in terms of scalability. I believe their bots, particularly their resource bots, are superior to the majority of the others. You can run three solutions on one resource.

They're brilliant. Blue Prism has outstanding technical support.

It's not as simple as drag and drop. You have to design your own solution within Blue Prism. People need to concentrate more. Blue Prism is more unattended than attended, so they must concentrate more on your exception handling on Blue Prism to get the product to work perfectly.

The Blue Prism is simple to design, but handling exceptions requires careful thought. However, that product never fails.

I would rate Blue Prism a nine out of ten.

It is extremely expensive.

What other advice do I have?

One thing to remember about RPA is that you must first identify the appropriate processes. If you want to maximize your value impact, you must first identify the appropriate processes.

I would rate UiPath Process Mining an eight out of ten.

Head of Research And Development at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Easy to use and has good support
  • "Its most valuable features are that it is easy to use and to find people who actually do the UiPath."
  • "Instead of doing only UiPath bots, it should handle other bots as well. Then I can deploy automation anywhere on any other software. It should not be only UiPath. That's the future of it."

What is our primary use case?

So far our primary use has been for process flow. How do you automate? In most of the cases, it was multi-source data collection systems from multiple sources and getting all the information to one point. There is an email or a message. Then how do you get the data from different sources and put them into one language? So far most of the use cases were just that.

What is most valuable?

Its most valuable features are that it is easy to use and to find people who actually use the UiPath.

What needs improvement?

The main thing that can be improved is the price, nobody wants to pay that much money for a scheduler.

Another feature they can add is, instead of doing only UiPath bots, it should handle other bots as well. Then I can deploy automation anywhere on any other software. It should not be only UiPath. That's the future of it.

I have been using ProcessGold for a year.

It is stable.

It is scalable. I think there are three people from my team using the solution now.

Overall the technical support is good. I'm satisfied with it.

The initial setup is straightforward. You just need to have UiPath and it's straightforward. Deployment time depends on the problem you're trying to solve. In our case, it took three to four days.

The client has the software and the licenses, and we are the guys who program it for them. The maintenance is up to the client. We just file up and give it to them, that's it. All the guys are on-site during development and deployment.

Our clients are enterprise sized companies.

Since it's a former client, they are generally UiPath resellers. They already have that connection with UiPath so they get a cheaper expert. But if we are looking for other deployments, they become really expensive because the ROI is difficult to attain for small scale businesses.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend ProcessGold, but I think the price has to come down. It's too high.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give ProcessGold an eight.

Senior Consultant at SDLC Partners
Great implementation strategy, good support that is responsive, but the infrastructure setup could be simplified
  • "The most valuable feature is that it improves our processes and it deploys automation at a cheaper price, higher efficiency, and accuracy."
  • "There is always a challenge with the infrastructure set up for the client."

What is our primary use case?

Process Mining helps us to understand how our processes have been built. From that, we can analyze and make the necessary improvements, so that we can be more productive.

UiPath Process Mining is not the only tool the client is using, but Process Mining is something that we would use as an add-on to what we have.

For example, if we are using UiPath Studio with five production boards and running it on different systems, then running five different processes, Process Mining can help us to understand how these processes are working, and help us to analyze if there is any room for improvement, or needs any changes to be more accurate and more efficient.

What is most valuable?

UiPath has a great implementation strategy. They will release the beta version eventually, but they always have implemented it within the next month. They have a new release for each and every product within one to two months.

That's how they build these processes and build these products. When you see or get a new product, it's an enhancement of what we have in the previous version.

They are always improving, which is a good thing.

What needs improvement?

There is always a challenge with the infrastructure set up for the client. Setting up the server is something that might be difficult. It needs to be simplified to make it easier to install the tools and start working on the automation.

The UiPath technical support is good. If we have any questions, they have a separate team to address any questions that we may have. Once we raise a ticket with the help center, they will reach out to us based on the priority of the ticket and then try to resolve it.

If there is something that they are not able to sort out, they will get more involved and do a screen share to help us resolve the issues.

The initial setup is similar to the RPA processes that we build.

It's not a complex setup, it's easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate UiPath Process Mining a seven out of ten.

Rene Munro
Senior Developer Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good reporting, data mining, and process mining have helped grow our organization
  • "The reporting features of ProcessGold are great."
  • "I would like a few tutorials that explain step by step how to start, including a few tips for new users."

What is our primary use case?

I've been using ProcessGold for business process management and optimization to give me a better understanding of operations around my business.

How has it helped my organization?

ProcessGold has given my organization extensive visibility and understanding of business operations. It helps to visualize the gaps in operations as well as where we're doing well.

In general, it gives me an idea of whether I'm going in the right direction with my team and if not, it points out where things aren't going smoothly.

In the last several months, my organization has grown quite a bit thanks to the improvements with ProcessGold.

What is most valuable?

The reporting features of ProcessGold are great.

Data mining and visualization provide extensive visibility and understanding of business operations. It makes the representation of the mined information very clean and provides a visual presentation that shows you what to improve next.

You can easily understand what actually happened in the process because of it. These reports also help me identify which areas need to be automated and which areas or different departments need to improve before automation is implemented.

What needs improvement?

The software at first is hard to use and you're not sure where to start. I would like a few tutorials that explain step by step how to start, including a few tips for new users.

I would like it to be more user-friendly and more visually appealing so that my eyes can keep watching for hours without getting so tired.

I would like to know what the exceptions are when they occur, including more details about them.

I would like to see enhancements to the recording feature.

I've been using ProcessGold for between three and four months.

I think that the information provided by data mining using ProcessGold is much more valuable than the few thousand dollars we invested in it.

What other advice do I have?

I think ProcessGold is a great tool for process mining and I recommend others to use it. You will start noticing the great benefits of process mining that ProcessGold offers right away. No wonder ProcessGold is a world-leading vendor of Process Mining enterprise software at the moment.

I know that ProcessGold can help you as it helped me.