IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Moses NYOTA - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Software and Cloud Engineer at Velocis Technologies LLC
Business enablement tool that offers easy scalability and good technical support
  • "It is a very stable ERP solution. It is also supported on Oracle Cloud and provides extensive features."
  • "This solution could be improved by lowering the cost of support."

What is our primary use case?

PeopleSoft is an ERP and provides the software that gives a whole view of a company. From the delivery of raw materials and output from manufacturing plants to distribution, sales and accounting. It provides a unified view and a single source of truth for enterprises. We have 10 clients and those 10 clients have many users who use this solution.

What is most valuable?

It is a very stable ERP solution. It is also supported on Oracle Cloud and provides extensive features. For example, we are doing load balancing and it does this perfectly. When more people need to use the system, Oracle Cloud infrastructure automatically scales up the ERP deployment so that it can handle millions of people using it.

What needs improvement?

This solution could be improved by lowering the cost of support.

We have been using this solution for four years.

PeopleSoft
July 2022
Learn what your peers think about PeopleSoft. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
622,949 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scaleable solution due to the fact that it is cloud based. If the demand increases, the backend servers are able to detect that and scale automatically.

The technical support for this solution is good but it is expensive. You have to subscribe to tech support. If you don't subscribe and pay, you don't get support.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup is quite complicated. It requires knowledgeable and experienced people to set it up. It took a whole day to set up and two or three days for training of end users.

This solution offers annual licensing. We pay per user.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to other users. That being said, I would rate Microsoft Dynamics ERP higher than this solution. Microsoft products are better suited for small-scale businesses.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Manager - Enterprise Business Systems at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Flexible, highly customizable, and reliable
  • "PeopleSoft is resilient and has the flexibility for us to customize it."
  • "One of the areas that could improve is the capability of utilizing mobile for some of the self-service activities that are missing. They are running on the older platform. What is happening is people are focusing on the cloud. PeopleSoft is a good provider and should into the cloud. That could be an advantage for them. Customers would not have to go find another solution that is a completely different platform that has different functionality altogether."

What is our primary use case?

PeopleSoft is an HR management system.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has benefited our organization, it has allowed us to be able to manage employees' information in the system.

What is most valuable?

PeopleSoft is resilient and has the flexibility for us to customize it.

What needs improvement?

One of the areas that could improve is the capability of utilizing mobile for some of the self-service activities that are missing. They are running on the older platform. What is happening is people are focusing on the cloud. PeopleSoft is a good provider and should into the cloud. That could be an advantage for them. Customers would not have to go find another solution that is a completely different platform that has different functionality altogether.

The solution is not that effective for mobile devices.

I have been using PeopleSoft for approximately 10 years.

PeopleSoft is stable and reliable.

The scalability is good for PeopleSoft.

We have approximately 6,000 people using this solution.

This solution is being extensively being used in my organization and we will increase usage as needed.

The technical support is average.

I would rate the technical support of PeopleSoft a three out of five.

The implementation is not difficult. The full deployment takes approximately one year.

We used consultants for the implementation of the solution. The solution requires a fair bit of maintenance and we have a five to ten-person team that looks after it.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those thinking about implementing this solution is it is a dying technology. If anybody wants to implement something similar they should be looking for new systems.

Oracle is not investing much into PeopleSoft. They are not enhancing it. However, they are doing some kind of change but it's not significantly enough, which could significantly help their business users.

I rate PeopleSoft a seven out of ten.

PeopleSoft
July 2022
622,949 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Gustavo Gutiérrez - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant Peoplesoft at NYS Consultoria
A scalable and stable solution
  • "The solution is easy to scale, expand and make bigger."
  • "Response time takes very long and requires a person to be awake night and day to benefit from it."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our payroll needs and in human resources. These are the areas in which I have expertise.

I am acquainted with versions 8.8 and 9.2.

What is most valuable?

The solution allows us to explore the databases and enables people to properly develop their work.

What needs improvement?

The main issue we have with the solution is that it is very expensive. This presents an issue when it comes to tabulating the many tariffs which exist in Mexico.

We find the technical support to be very difficult, as it is not local, and we tend to receive a response only the following morning. Response time takes very long and requires a person to be awake night and day to benefit from it.

I have been working with PeopleSoft for the past 14 years.

We have encountered no bugs or glitches with the solution.

The solution is easy to scale, expand and make bigger.

Deployment takes a minimum of six months and I speak from the vantage point of someone who has a year-and-a-half of experience with my company, primarily in the area of implementation.

The main issue we have with the solution is that it is very expensive. This is an issue when it comes to tabulating the many tariffs which exist in Mexico.

The calculating of the taxes in Mexico is an issue which many companies face, as this must be done every two weeks.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to others.

I rate PeopleSoft as an eight out of ten.

Chief People Officer at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's reliable but outdated
  • "PeopleSoft has been fairly reliable for us. We haven't had any issues with stability."
  • "The UI and user experience are not great, and it's not as feature-rich as today's systems. Furthermore, our implementation does not include all the components we need, like payroll or some other functions."

What is our primary use case?

We use PeopleSoft for finance and HR.

What needs improvement?

It's an old system, so we want to upgrade or move into Oracle Fusion or SAP. It's a little outdated. The UI and user experience are not great, and it's not as feature-rich as today's systems. Furthermore, our implementation does not include all the components we need, like payroll or some other functions. We also have a hard time integrating multiple third-party systems. We are now looking for a platform that covers most of our requirements in a single integrated suite of products to facilitate implementation and use.

We've been using PeopleSoft for about 10 or 11 years.

PeopleSoft has been fairly reliable for us. We haven't had any issues with stability.

PeopleSoft is scalable. We have 5,000 people in our organization, so we are not particularly large. It has been okay for our needs.

We've had no issues with Oracle support.

The new platform Oracle Fusion is much more comprehensive. It has a better user interface and all the components you need, including finance functions like cash and procurement and everything on the HR and CM side, so it's a far more integrated suite. So that's a viable option. At the moment, I don't think people are looking at PeopleSoft. They're looking look at Oracle and SAP. Workday is good from a CM perspective, and it's SAP or Oracle on the financial side.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle PeopleSoft five out of 10. Considering what we know and where the contemporary products are today, I wouldn't recommend PeopleSoft.

Krishna AB - PeerSpot reviewer
Business/Systems Analyst at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Cheap, well-integrated, and stable
  • "Scales up very well."
  • "Global payroll could be easier to use."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for global HR and payroll.

How has it helped my organization?

PeopleSoft is well integrated and has excellent tools to enhance or amend according to business practices. You are also provided with professional help, which means everything can be done without too much consulting. The product includes effective dating, numerous data analysis tools, even for big data, and self-service to handle pages, screens, development, and so on.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the functionality to take care of HR and payroll needs, SQR and SQL tools, and good security.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement would be PeopleSoft's global payroll capabilities, which could be easier to use. In the next release, I'd like to see multifactor authentication for self-service be added as an inbuilt feature.

I've worked with PeopleSoft for twenty years.

PeopleSoft is a solid product - no other HR package gives the same flexibility.

PeopleSoft scales up very well.

The initial setup is straightforward and can be completed quickly, though a totally new implementation may take a little longer.

This is one of the cheapest solutions available, and it's also one of the best.

What other advice do I have?

PeopleSoft is easy to develop and maintain. I would rate this solution as nine out of ten.

Jr. Manager-IT Infrastructure Management & IT Procurement at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
Good support, straightforward setup, and integrates with many third-party applications
  • "The time system is what we get the most benefit from."
  • "The API integration could be better."

What is our primary use case?

This is primarily used as a business system.

What is most valuable?

The time system is what we get the most benefit from.

What needs improvement?

We needed to do a lot of integration with third-party applications in order to get the functionality that we needed.

The API integration could be better.

I have been working with PeopleSoft for more than ten years.

We have experienced a couple of bugs while working with PeopleSoft.

We have been in touch with technical support and feel that it was good, keeping in mind the scope. They do not support third-party applications, but for what they are responsible for, it is good.

The initial setup was straightforward and didn't give us any trouble. However, when we had to integrate many other modules, it was an extensive process.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend it, although it depends on the use case for the business. There are advantages and disadvantages and you need to consider the objective. On this basis, every organization measures differently, but I definitely recommend it. That said, there is no perfect product.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Technical Architect at Alten
Simple setup, excelland support, but more connected needed

What is our primary use case?

Our company is using the PeopleSoft CRM for receiving data from different sources. For example, our employee management system database data.

Workday information will be stored in the PeopleSoft system. We will create some APAs, through those APA it's a third-party call to connect to the PeopleSoft systems.

What needs improvement?

PeopleSoft can improve by having proper connectors. It's very difficult to change some interfaces with the other systems.

In the next release of PeopleSoft, they should provide multiple connectors to support the latest systems, such as connecting with the Mule and Kafka. Additionally, they should be more reliable.

I have been using PeopleSoft for approximately three years.

The stability of PeopleSoft is good.

PeopleSoft is scalable.

The support I have received from PeopleSoft has been excellent.

The initial setup of PeopleSoft is easy.

I rate PeopleSoft a four out of five.

PeopleSoft needs an implementor to properly implement the solution. However, once implemented then it is easy to use.

What other advice do I have?

I rate PeopleSoft a seven out of ten.

Associate Vice President at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Very solid and mature; PeopleTools enables customization and flexibility
  • "A solid and mature product."
  • "Tools and UI could be enhanced."

What is our primary use case?

We implement this solution for our clients. Some of our clients use the on-prem version and some on cloud. We either do our own private hosting or use a public platform depending on the client. If public, we generally use AWS or Oracle. I work with clients in higher ed or the public sector and they're generally looking for a more updated solution than they're currently using. We are partners with Oracle.

What is most valuable?

I think PeopleSoft is a solid solution. It has a lot of the basics. If the system is used properly it meets the needs of the customer. I think it's a very strong, solid product, very mature. I haven't heard of any issues from our clients. The solution has PeopleTools as a feature which allows for customization and provides flexibility.

What needs improvement?

I think PeopleSoft should focus on enhancing the tools and the UI, and making it a more updated app as opposed to the old, tiny, older look and feel. That's where they should put their efforts.

I've been implementing this solution for over 26 years.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Download our free PeopleSoft Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: July 2022