We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Manager - Enterprise Business Systems at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Flexible, highly customizable, and reliable
  • "PeopleSoft is resilient and has the flexibility for us to customize it."
  • "One of the areas that could improve is the capability of utilizing mobile for some of the self-service activities that are missing. They are running on the older platform. What is happening is people are focusing on the cloud. PeopleSoft is a good provider and should into the cloud. That could be an advantage for them. Customers would not have to go find another solution that is a completely different platform that has different functionality altogether."

What is our primary use case?

PeopleSoft is an HR management system.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has benefited our organization, it has allowed us to be able to manage employees' information in the system.

What is most valuable?

PeopleSoft is resilient and has the flexibility for us to customize it.

What needs improvement?

One of the areas that could improve is the capability of utilizing mobile for some of the self-service activities that are missing. They are running on the older platform. What is happening is people are focusing on the cloud. PeopleSoft is a good provider and should into the cloud. That could be an advantage for them. Customers would not have to go find another solution that is a completely different platform that has different functionality altogether.

The solution is not that effective for mobile devices.

I have been using PeopleSoft for approximately 10 years.

PeopleSoft is stable and reliable.

The scalability is good for PeopleSoft.

We have approximately 6,000 people using this solution.

This solution is being extensively being used in my organization and we will increase usage as needed.

The technical support is average.

I would rate the technical support of PeopleSoft a three out of five.

The implementation is not difficult. The full deployment takes approximately one year.

We used consultants for the implementation of the solution. The solution requires a fair bit of maintenance and we have a five to ten-person team that looks after it.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those thinking about implementing this solution is it is a dying technology. If anybody wants to implement something similar they should be looking for new systems.

Oracle is not investing much into PeopleSoft. They are not enhancing it. However, they are doing some kind of change but it's not significantly enough, which could significantly help their business users.

I rate PeopleSoft a seven out of ten.

Gustavo Gutiérrez
Consultant Peoplesoft at NYS Consultoria
A scalable and stable solution
  • "The solution is easy to scale, expand and make bigger."
  • "Response time takes very long and requires a person to be awake night and day to benefit from it."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our payroll needs and in human resources. These are the areas in which I have expertise.

I am acquainted with versions 8.8 and 9.2.

What is most valuable?

The solution allows us to explore the databases and enables people to properly develop their work.

What needs improvement?

The main issue we have with the solution is that it is very expensive. This presents an issue when it comes to tabulating the many tariffs which exist in Mexico.

We find the technical support to be very difficult, as it is not local, and we tend to receive a response only the following morning. Response time takes very long and requires a person to be awake night and day to benefit from it.

I have been working with PeopleSoft for the past 14 years.

We have encountered no bugs or glitches with the solution.

The solution is easy to scale, expand and make bigger.

Deployment takes a minimum of six months and I speak from the vantage point of someone who has a year-and-a-half of experience with my company, primarily in the area of implementation.

The main issue we have with the solution is that it is very expensive. This is an issue when it comes to tabulating the many tariffs which exist in Mexico.

The calculating of the taxes in Mexico is an issue which many companies face, as this must be done every two weeks.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to others.

I rate PeopleSoft as an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about PeopleSoft. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
563,780 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Chief People Officer at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's reliable but outdated
  • "PeopleSoft has been fairly reliable for us. We haven't had any issues with stability."
  • "The UI and user experience are not great, and it's not as feature-rich as today's systems. Furthermore, our implementation does not include all the components we need, like payroll or some other functions."

What is our primary use case?

We use PeopleSoft for finance and HR.

What needs improvement?

It's an old system, so we want to upgrade or move into Oracle Fusion or SAP. It's a little outdated. The UI and user experience are not great, and it's not as feature-rich as today's systems. Furthermore, our implementation does not include all the components we need, like payroll or some other functions. We also have a hard time integrating multiple third-party systems. We are now looking for a platform that covers most of our requirements in a single integrated suite of products to facilitate implementation and use.

We've been using PeopleSoft for about 10 or 11 years.

PeopleSoft has been fairly reliable for us. We haven't had any issues with stability.

PeopleSoft is scalable. We have 5,000 people in our organization, so we are not particularly large. It has been okay for our needs.

We've had no issues with Oracle support.

The new platform Oracle Fusion is much more comprehensive. It has a better user interface and all the components you need, including finance functions like cash and procurement and everything on the HR and CM side, so it's a far more integrated suite. So that's a viable option. At the moment, I don't think people are looking at PeopleSoft. They're looking look at Oracle and SAP. Workday is good from a CM perspective, and it's SAP or Oracle on the financial side.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle PeopleSoft five out of 10. Considering what we know and where the contemporary products are today, I wouldn't recommend PeopleSoft.

Krishna AB
Business/Systems Analyst at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Cheap, well-integrated, and stable
  • "Scales up very well."
  • "Global payroll could be easier to use."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for global HR and payroll.

How has it helped my organization?

PeopleSoft is well integrated and has excellent tools to enhance or amend according to business practices. You are also provided with professional help, which means everything can be done without too much consulting. The product includes effective dating, numerous data analysis tools, even for big data, and self-service to handle pages, screens, development, and so on.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the functionality to take care of HR and payroll needs, SQR and SQL tools, and good security.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement would be PeopleSoft's global payroll capabilities, which could be easier to use. In the next release, I'd like to see multifactor authentication for self-service be added as an inbuilt feature.

I've worked with PeopleSoft for twenty years.

PeopleSoft is a solid product - no other HR package gives the same flexibility.

PeopleSoft scales up very well.

The initial setup is straightforward and can be completed quickly, though a totally new implementation may take a little longer.

This is one of the cheapest solutions available, and it's also one of the best.

What other advice do I have?

PeopleSoft is easy to develop and maintain. I would rate this solution as nine out of ten.

Jr. Manager-IT Infrastructure Management & IT Procurement at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
Good support, straightforward setup, and integrates with many third-party applications
  • "The time system is what we get the most benefit from."
  • "The API integration could be better."

What is our primary use case?

This is primarily used as a business system.

What is most valuable?

The time system is what we get the most benefit from.

What needs improvement?

We needed to do a lot of integration with third-party applications in order to get the functionality that we needed.

The API integration could be better.

I have been working with PeopleSoft for more than ten years.

We have experienced a couple of bugs while working with PeopleSoft.

We have been in touch with technical support and feel that it was good, keeping in mind the scope. They do not support third-party applications, but for what they are responsible for, it is good.

The initial setup was straightforward and didn't give us any trouble. However, when we had to integrate many other modules, it was an extensive process.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend it, although it depends on the use case for the business. There are advantages and disadvantages and you need to consider the objective. On this basis, every organization measures differently, but I definitely recommend it. That said, there is no perfect product.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Associate Vice President at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Very solid and mature; PeopleTools enables customization and flexibility
  • "A solid and mature product."
  • "Tools and UI could be enhanced."

What is our primary use case?

We implement this solution for our clients. Some of our clients use the on-prem version and some on cloud. We either do our own private hosting or use a public platform depending on the client. If public, we generally use AWS or Oracle. I work with clients in higher ed or the public sector and they're generally looking for a more updated solution than they're currently using. We are partners with Oracle.

What is most valuable?

I think PeopleSoft is a solid solution. It has a lot of the basics. If the system is used properly it meets the needs of the customer. I think it's a very strong, solid product, very mature. I haven't heard of any issues from our clients. The solution has PeopleTools as a feature which allows for customization and provides flexibility.

What needs improvement?

I think PeopleSoft should focus on enhancing the tools and the UI, and making it a more updated app as opposed to the old, tiny, older look and feel. That's where they should put their efforts.

I've been implementing this solution for over 26 years.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Vice President at Singapore Post Ltd | Group Technology - eCommerce Logistics
Saves time in having easy and fast applicants tracking but visualization is almost nonexistent and can be improved
  • "The recruiting is most valuable. It saves time in having easy and fast applicants tracking as well as candidates' contact plus pipeline management."
  • "Parsing of CVs is productive but accuracy can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for HCM. It has very few clicks before getting data. Reporting is easy to retrieve, both ad-hoc and fixed reports. There can be more visualization.

How has it helped my organization?

Productivity has improved. It provides HR Professionals with easy input of data and dashboard reporting. ESS and MSS save time for HR. The pushing of learning materials and performance management helps to increase effectiveness and responsiveness.

What is most valuable?

The recruiting is most valuable. It saves time in having easy and fast applicants tracking as well as candidates' contact plus pipeline management. Parsing of CVs is productive but accuracy can be improved.

What needs improvement?

Reporting is easy to create, even for complex ones. Visualization is almost nonexistent and can be improved. It's good to be able to eport to PDF and excel with fast timing.

I have been using PeopleSoft for two years.

Senior Developer at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use

What is our primary use case?

My primary use is to keep track of clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement would be that it's quite difficult to learn how to use this product, and the documentation provided isn't helpful in giving you practical advice.

I've been using this solution for a few months.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate this solution as eight out of ten.

What is our primary use case?

My primary use is to keep track of clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for a few months.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate this solution as eight out of ten.

Download our free PeopleSoft Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.