IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Sysadmin at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
MSP
User-friendly but documentation is lacking in certain areas

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for our IT service desks. We are resellers and I'm head of corporate projects.

What is most valuable?

I think it's easy to use and user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The documentation needs improving because we have a lot of issues trying to find specific procedures. I'd also like to see an improvement with the inside discovery of assets.

I've been using this solution for four years.
JIRA Service Management
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about JIRA Service Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

Technical support is not the best and could definitely be improved.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup is straightforward. Each project is different in terms of the number of people required to deploy. Some only require one person but others might need two or three consultants to assist the client with implementation and configuration.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is good but it's not the best. Sometimes if you pay a bit more there's less pain.  I rate this solution seven out of 10.
Project Manager at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use project management solution that aligns with Agile best practices

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to track the work of different team members and to ensure that project tasks get completed. They get assigned tickets relating to those project tasks and and a deadline by which they have to complete the tasks. As they make progress, they update each task in the Jira ticket and this keeps everyone in the loop about their progress.

What is most valuable?

We have an Agile environment and using Jira makes it easy to adhere to Agile best practices.

What needs improvement?

It would be useful to be ale to link tickets across different gantt charts in Jira and Confluence.

I have been using this solution for two and a half years.

This is a stable solution.

This solution is very scalable. We have tons of people across different companies using it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

JIRA Service Management
June 2022
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.
COO at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Promotes collaboration between team members providing internal and external support

What is our primary use case?

We are using Jira Service Desk for supporting both internal and external clients.

What is most valuable?

One of the best features is that I can share tickets with team members, at which point any team member is able to pick one up and work on it.

I began using Jira Service Desk when I joined the company about two and a half years ago, although the rest of the company has been using it for longer than that.

We have had a problem with stability in the past, although it has been resolved.

I have contacted technical support about different features and I find that they don't address issues as fast as they should.

The pricing is very competitive and I think that it is okay.

What other advice do I have?

Financial Sector Consulting Manager at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Has good simplicity but access management needs improvement

What is most valuable?

The simplicity is good for our clients. The price is good.

You can increase users without any difficulty.

What needs improvement?

There should be better connections with access management. They should improve the connectivity.

I have been using JIRA Service Desk since 2016.

It is very stable. Our clients don't have problems with stability.

We do the technical support for our clients.

I have worked with HP products, BMC Remedy, and Service Manager.

Our customers think that the pricing is high. Compared to the competitors, I think the pricing is fair.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate JIRA Service Desk a seven out of ten.

Download our free JIRA Service Management Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: June 2022