DilshanRanasinghe - PeerSpot reviewer
Managing Partner at Affari Advisory and Consultancy Services
Makes file and information sharing easy, secure, and fast
  • "I like the ease with which you can share files securely with the team. It makes file and information sharing much easier than sending attachments."
  • "The storage limits could be higher."

What is most valuable?

We have to do a lot of presentations. We keep the presentation in a specific secure folder. Then, we give access to those that need it. Whenever they go to a client to do a presentation, they can access the folder, bring up the presentation, and go through it. It's fast.

What needs improvement?

The storage limits could be higher.

I would like to see more cloud services being bundled into Google, such as mobile security.

Google should definitely build some modules into it so that when we add organizational data onto Google Cloud, we won't need to build separate proxies for security.

We have been using this solution for the last three to four years.

It's quite stable; we have not had any issues.

Google Drive Enterprise
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Google Drive Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

In Sri Lanka, technical support was initially an issue, but now, it's okay.

If you're an experienced user, the initial setup is quite easy.

Google is much cheaper than Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

Google is much cheaper and much more flexible than Microsoft. On a scale from one to ten, I would give Google Drive Enterprise an eight.

CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Secure, scalable, and useful collaboration function
  • "The solution is easy to use, has good performance, and is secure."
  • "The solution could improve User Access Management by showing more detailed information of which users have access to folders or files. For example, you can see which users have access one by one, but there is not a dashboard that can show what user has access to a library document."

What is our primary use case?

The main purpose we are using Google Drive Enterprise is for storing files and the collaboration function. We share documents with certain members of the company.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use, has good performance, and is secure.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve User Access Management by showing more detailed information of which users have access to folders or files. For example, you can see which users have access one by one, but there is not a dashboard that can show what user has access to a library document.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

Google Drive Enterprise is scalable.

We have approximately 30 people using this solution in my organization.

There is a monthly fee that we pay for the use of this solution and the price is fair.

We evaluated Microsoft One Drive before choosing Google Drive Enterprise. We found the collaboration feature to be better with Google.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Google Drive Enterprise a ten out of ten.

Google Drive Enterprise
November 2022
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
John Justin - PeerSpot reviewer
Product Manager at IBM
Useful data storing, good support, and scalable
  • "Some of the most useful features of Google Drive Enterprise is the ability to store my data and share it."
  • "Google Drive Enterprise can improve by suggesting to me I have duplicate files or some kind of duplicate feature. If it can give that kind of advice, it would be a great feature on a drive storage capability. There has to be some kind of machine learning to analyze individual data and provide recommendations."

What is most valuable?

Some of the most useful features of Google Drive Enterprise is the ability to store my data and share it.

What needs improvement?

Google Drive Enterprise can improve by suggesting to me I have duplicate files or some kind of duplicate feature. If it can give that kind of advice, it would be a great feature on a drive storage capability. There has to be some kind of machine learning to analyze individual data and provide recommendations.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for approximately 10 years.

I have found Google Drive Enterprise to be reliable.

Google Drive Enterprise is a scalable solution.

I would rate the technical support from Google Drive Enterprise a four out of five.

I use other similar solutions to Google Drive Enterprise, such as Dropbox and Microsoft OneDrive. The largest advantage of Google Drive Enterprise is the integration with other applications, it integrates very well.

The initial setup of Google Drive Enterprise was easy. I am not sure how inexperienced people may find it, but I did not have an issue.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Google Drive Enterprise an eight out of ten.

Mustafa Zayat - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Technology System Administrator at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
User-friendly, with great photo backup feature
  • "I also use OneDrive, but I prefer Google Drive because it's available on many platforms and devices, so it gives a wide variety for backups, especially on Android systems."
  • "The desktop app could be improved, especially how it functions in the Windows environment."

What is our primary use case?

I use Google Drive on my phone for backups.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the backup of photos and the user-friendliness. It's also useful to have Google's version of Office embedded in the app, as it allows you to view your files directly from your Google Drive online.

What needs improvement?

The limit on the storage size could be expanded, and the desktop app could be improved, especially how it functions in the Windows environment.

I've been using this solution for five to six years.

Google Drive is stable.

I also use OneDrive, but I prefer Google Drive because it's available on many platforms and devices, so it gives a wide variety for backups, especially on Android systems. However, OneDrive's desktop app is better because it's embedded in Windows, and you directly back up your PC to OneDrive while working in your Microsoft account.

Google Drive is easy to install, especially on Android phones where Google's services are linked in.

Google Drive is free.

What other advice do I have?

I would give Google Drive a score of eight out of ten.

PatrickKuria - PeerSpot reviewer
Enterprise Systems Engineer at Sybyl
It's convenient and you can access it anywhere

What is our primary use case?

I use Google Drive to store files that I don't want to lose, like personal stuff, academic records, and my C.V.

What is most valuable?

The performance is good.

What needs improvement?

Google Drive could offer more free storage.

I believe I started using Google Drive when it first came out.

Google Drive is always up when I need it, so I don't have any complaints.

You pay for what you need, so I think it's scalable.

I used DropBox in the past, but I switched to Google Drive because it's more convenient. You can access it anywhere from the web interface.

There is no installation. You only need to log in to your Gmail account. It's not technical to set up.

I use the personal version. It's not a license per se. It's more like a subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Google Drive nine out of 10. It isn't perfect, but I don't have any complaints.

Content strategist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
MSP
A stable and secure solution with good integration
  • "The solution is absolutely stable."
  • "The Google Sheets should have more functionality."

What is our primary use case?

In the organization, people are working on the teams. They can share the documents and work on them simultaneously.

What needs improvement?

The Google Sheets should have more functionality.

I've been using Google Driver Enterprise for a year.

The solution is absolutely stable.

I have not really had experience with tech support.

I did not use another solution prior to Google Drive Enterprise.

I am not in a position to comment on the installation.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is good. It does everything one needs.

It is a cloud-based solution.

I am fine with the integration the way it is. I feel it to be sufficiently secure. I don't see any problems with it, not with the storage or with the extent to which it is user-friendly.

The solution works all right for me. I have not faced any problems in which I feel something to be missing.

I would absolutely recommend the solution to others, for sure.

I rate Google Drive Enterprise as a nine out of ten.

Server Administrator Coordinator at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
Helpful support, feature-rich, and they continue to enhance the product

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for sharing documents, and we are using Google Meets for eLearning.

What is most valuable?

All of the features are valuable.

This solution has become an enhanced product over the years. It is more stable and they keep adding features. We are happy with it.

What needs improvement?

It's a cloud-based product that is stable and secure, but I would like to see more security features added.

We have been using Google Drive Enterprise for 11 years.

There are no versions.

It's a stable solution.

It's a scalable product.

We are syncing it with our LDAP for all of the school, the staff, students, and parents as well. We have approximately 3,000 accounts on it.

This is not my area, but my colleague has had contact with technical support often and they always been very helpful.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Google Drive Enterprise a ten out of ten.

Senior Consultant/System Analyst at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Good for sharing, searching and storage share
  • "Low maintenance solution."
  • "Record your meeting and simply share with anyone without thinking where to store the file."
  • "Google meets use of whiteboard is primitive making it difficult to demonstrate while talking."

What is our primary use case?

We utilize the Drive Enterprise for sharing, the search drive and the storage share.

What is most valuable?

The ease of user sharing information among people in the organization is the most valuable feature of this solution.

For example, when you have a meeting, you can record it and then simply share with anyone you would like. You don't have to think about where to put the file, everything is semi-automatic, everything is functional.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Teams has a lot more features than Google. Google Meet allows you to collaborate by drawing on a whiteboard while talking in the meeting, however it is primitive and not user friendly as it is a bit challenging to try to demonstrate using the whiteboard.

We have been using Google Drive since day one of our organization.

Google Drive Enterprise is a low maintenance solution.

What other advice do I have?

If you don't need the added features of Microsoft Teams, Google Meet will satisfy the needs of collaboration and discussion. It is a good integration of Google. There has been no problems or issues. I would give it a 9 out of 10.

Download our free Google Drive Enterprise Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022