IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Senior Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Enables customers to get the digital information directly but the data connection trend could use improvement
  • "We used to draw errors to be processed manually, and now you can get the digital information directly with the help of Celonis."
  • "The technical support is very bad."

What is our primary use case?

One main use case is to see change in price, why the change in price is happening? What are the plans associated with it? What can be done in the action engine? You have smart price detection. Based upon the smart price detection, it'll give you three options. Either you update the price in the master data, or you notify the procurement user accordingly.

What is most valuable?

We used to draw errors to be processed manually, and now you can actually get the digital information directly with the help of Celonis. That is a valuable feature that customers appreciate, as well as the throughput time, the time between two activities. Earlier, it was difficult for them to actually find out what was the time between two activities. But through Celonis, they can find that out.

What needs improvement?

A major room for improvement would be on the data connection trend, because we were trying to do a POC with a client that had multiple data systems, multiple ERPs. When we contact Celonis, we either get a very generic response or a very delayed response. Celonis will ask for some 86 different tables, as an example. They ask us to get the data for 86 different tables. When I'm doing a proof of concept, if I tell the client that I need 86 different tables, the client going to refuse and not even interact with me. There should be minimum tables, the eight or ten tables which you can use to do at least a minimum proof of concept.

I've been working with the solution for eight months.
Celonis
July 2022
Learn what your peers think about Celonis. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
610,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of the solution is good.

The scalability of the solution is good.

The technical support is very bad. Specifically, my answer is more biased towards the data point, the data connection. We hardly get any support for connecting the data.

The initial setup is complex. The proof of concept itself, connecting the data, finding out what tables are required, that itself is still unclear. In the training also, they just talk about the SAP data tables. However, when we ask Celonis, they give us 86 different tables. They should be more specific as to phase wise. Phase one, you can start with these eight tables. Phase two, you can start with these eight tables. They should go step by step rather than asking for the entire universe of data.

There are multiple phases of implementation. One is the discovery phase and second is the enhance phase. We have been mostly involved in the discovery phase early. For that, I think 12 weeks would be a good estimate of timeframe. The major time goes in connecting the data only. Four to six weeks goes in just connecting the data.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone considering this solution is focus on the data part, focus on what the connectors are, which data tables are required, and get Celonis to give you exactly what is required page wise, rather than asking for 100 different tables. The clarity needs to be there. I would rate the solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Celonis Consultant at Delite Technologies pvt ltd
Effective multi-hop analysis, highly scalable, but other programming languages needed
  • "The documentation, multi-hop analysis, and SLA breaches are the most valuable features we have discovered."
  • "The Process Query Language (PQL) native language used in Celonis needs improvements. It has most of the process-related functions but we have queries from clients that cannot be done in PQL."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution in the telecom sector for a number of things, such as multi-hop analysis and SLA breaches.

What is most valuable?

The documentation, multi-hop analysis, and SLA breaches are the most valuable features we have discovered.

What needs improvement?

The Process Query Language (PQL) native language used in Celonis needs improvements. It has most of the process-related functions but we have queries from clients that cannot be done in PQL.

Most of the KPIs are done in PQL, if we could have support for other languages, such as Python. We could directly configure our KPIs using these other languages and it would be a great help.

When I am uploading data to Celonis it sometimes fails and this should be fixed in an upcoming release.

I have been using this solution within the last 12 months.

This solution is stable and reliable. It has all the security features needed.

I have found Celonis highly scalable, they have various connectors which we can directly download and connect to many source systems.

We have approximately 100 people using this solution in my organization and we plan to increase usage. We are targeting US and European markets, we definitely have a good pipeline for Celonis at the moment.

The technical support is responsive but I would not rate them as being very good because sometimes they get stuck and are not able to provide a reliable solution. There are times they do not understand the exact issue. They respond quickly but when we connect with them, we are faced with these issues.

The initial setup was complex. The full deployment took approximately three months, this includes all the connectivity and KPI configuring. If you have a more basic setup it could take approximately two months.

The solution requires an annual license. There is room for improvement because it is priced for organizations and not for individuals. For an individual, it would be too expensive for them to use it.

We evaluated a couple of software solutions before we chose Celonis for our clients because it has most of the features we were looking for, it is quite user-friendly, and it has an Azure configure.

I have evaluated and have a good understanding of Minit and UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Celonis to anybody who wants to enter into process mining space. My advice would be to have as much SQL knowledge as possible. They should learn SQL first before using this solution, it will make everything a lot easier.

I rate Celonis a seven out of ten.

Celonis
July 2022
610,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Manager - Business Application Owner at Capgemini
Has out-of-the-box connectors for major ERP systems and provides value faster
  • "From a features perspective, the discovery and analytics parts of Celonis have been valuable, especially the analytics and all of the out-of-the-box process connectors."
  • "For example, we would like to see improvement of the simulation capabilities to include a BPMN-compliant modeler. That is, we would like to be able to connect the simulation to the BPMN modeler. I think it's one of the features that is missing in Celonis."

What is our primary use case?

Most of our use cases are for finance and accounting because that's what we focus on. These processes include, for example, accounts payable, procurement, and order to cash.

What is most valuable?

From a features perspective, the discovery and analytics parts of Celonis have been valuable, especially the analytics and all of the out-of-the-box process connectors.

What needs improvement?

Celonis has a simulation module that can only simulate based on the data it was mining from the systems. We would like to have the option to add other activities that are not happening in the systems and be able to simulate that impact as well. In other words, we want to be able to extend the simulation module with these additional features.

For example, we would like to see improvement of the simulation capabilities to include a BPMN-compliant modeler. That is, we would like to be able to connect the simulation to the BPMN modeler. I think it's one of the features that is missing in Celonis.

I've been dealing with Celonis since 2020.

It is on the cloud and is scalable because it doesn't depend on any infrastructure that we use.

We have dealt with Celonis' support, and we try to leverage more of the less informal support needs through implementation teams because going through the help desk sometimes takes time. There is room for improvement with regard to response time.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Typically, we have a couple of people, up to five, involved in the implementation. However, it depends on the scope and the size. If the project is small or medium, typically, up to five people are enough.

It is an expensive solution.

Our clients have annual licenses.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for a process mining tool that comes with a lot of out-of-the-box process connectors and out-of-the-box analysis, then Celonis is definitely a good option. Celonis allows you to deploy it and get the value faster because it already has out-of-the-box connectors for major ERP systems like SAP and others.

If you're looking for something more simple and you want to invest more time in configuration, then you should probably look for another tool.

Also, it's not an inexpensive solution, and there are other solutions on the market that probably are less pricey.

Overall, I would rate Celonis at nine on a scale from one to ten.

Private Cloud
Cuneyt Ugur - PeerSpot reviewer
Robotic Process Automation Leader at Borusan CAT
Great for process mining with good technical support and excellent stability
  • "The solution offers a very good user interface."
  • "It would help if they had more integrations and automation features."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Celonis in our process mining operations to investigate our processes performance and take actions accordingly in business core processes such as order to cach(O2C), accounts receivable and payable, purchase to pay, warehouse processes. Our primary goal work with Process Excellence and discover process improvement and automation needs.

How has it helped my organization?

We've just started to use the solution.

What is most valuable?

The solution really is a leader of the industry in the concept of process mining. They are very strong on this scope. It's their most valuable aspect.

The solution offers a very good user interface. With the dynamic interface on offer, the development of processes and dashboards is easy.

Technical support - both from the company and from the consultants we hired - is quite good.

The solution is very stable. It doesn't seem to have any bugs.

What needs improvement?

It would help if they had more integration flexibility and automation features.

We've been using the solution for about one year at this point. It hasn't been too long.

The solution seems to be very stable. I haven't witnessed any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. Overall, its performance and reliability are quite good.

it is well enough.

We have a consulting company in our county that assists with technical support. They are giving support, however, Celonis is also giving support, as we need. They've allowed us to also speak directly to them if we run into issues. It is good that Celonis has enough partners in our region and that they are open to helping us directly. Therefore, we've been satisfied with the level of support on offer, and the options we have when it comes to getting assistance.

Firts you need to install some integrator components to take data from your ERP or third party applications. You need also have third-party application consultants to complete those setups as well. But at the experts have experience how to do it well.

We brought in consultants for the initial implementation. They helped us roll everything out.

What other advice do I have?

We're customers and end-users of the product.

We're using the latest version of the solution at this time.

In general, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten. Overall, we've been quite happy with the product and its capabilities so far.

Private Cloud
Senior Director at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Very stable and scalable and has a lot of pre-built analysis that saves time, but needs flexibility and better support and licensing model
  • "Its usage is relatively straightforward after the UI is set up. There's a lot of pre-built analysis that can be utilized, which saves a lot of time. Overall, it is a good product."
  • "It should be more flexible. It is not particularly flexible in the way it works, and it is quite rigid. It has some very strong structures that you have to follow. It could certainly be made more user-friendly to understand and should have fewer requirements for manipulation of the data to create the visualizations. We should also get better support from Celonis, and they also need to make the licensing model slightly different."

What is our primary use case?

It is a process mining tool. You can use it to track and monitor any process in your business, such as Finance, HR, or Operations.

What is most valuable?

Its usage is relatively straightforward after the UI is set up. There's a lot of pre-built analysis that can be utilized, which saves a lot of time. Overall, it is a good product.

What needs improvement?

It should be more flexible. It is not particularly flexible in the way it works, and it is quite rigid. It has some very strong structures that you have to follow. It could certainly be made more user-friendly to understand and should have fewer requirements for manipulation of the data to create the visualizations.

We should also get better support from Celonis, and they also need to make the licensing model slightly different.

I have been using this solution for a year or so.

It is very stable.

It is very scalable. Currently, we have five users in our company. We will certainly keep on using it, and we will increase its usage perhaps in March.

We should get better support from Celonis.

We weren't using anything else.

It is not straightforward. It is a complex implementation process in terms of getting the right data and getting that transformed into the environment.

The deployment duration depends on the project. The process of creating the actual environment itself is relatively quick and easy. You can spin up the environment quite quickly. When you're trying to manipulate the data to create the visualizations, it can take significantly longer.

We are a consultancy house. We do the implementation ourselves. We easily need a team of six to ten people.

It is quite a significant investment. From a cost perspective, they need to reevaluate the licensing model. The cost is justified, but they need to make the licensing model slightly different.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Celonis a seven of ten.

Kaustav-Mandal - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Analyst at Accenture
Analyzing power, automation, and real-time monitoring in a single tool
  • "Celonis' best feature is a new one called Action Flow, an enhanced version of earlier automation features with lots of integration options with other systems so you can access third-party systems and automate some actions there too."
  • "The one thing that could be improved is the guides are not getting updated to cover new features and upgrades, which means we can't use them at their full potential."

What is our primary use case?

Celonis is mainly used for process mining i.e. mining and analyzing business processes to create solutions.

What is most valuable?

Celonis' best feature is a new one called Action Flow, an enhanced version of earlier automation features with lots of integration options with other systems so you can access third-party systems and automate some actions there too.

What needs improvement?

The one thing that could be improved is the guides are not getting updated to cover new features and upgrades, which means we can't use them at their full potential. In addition, the development could be done more quickly, so we don't have to search online for solutions.

I've been using Celonis for three years.

Celonis has been quite stable since we migrated to the cloud version.

Celonis' scalability is completely customizable.

Celonis' technical support is quite professional, and they respond to tickets raised online quite well and quickly. However, sometimes it takes time to get a response, or they just send links to documentation that we've already seen and don't solve our problem.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

I have also used SAP Signavio, but I found Celonis to be more mature with much more capability.

The initial setup is straightforward, and a standard deployment takes around three months.

Celonis is cost-effective.

What other advice do I have?

Celonis is a very good tool that can improve your business process in a single package. It provides process analyzing power, automation, and real-time monitoring with a single license. I would give Celonis a rating of eight out of ten.

Chief Executive Officer at a real estate/law firm with 11-50 employees
Suitable for small and big enterprises and comes with comprehensive training material
  • "The training material is good. The information is very systematic, detailed, and comprehensive. They have a training video for almost every single thing, which makes it easier to know how to use the tool."
  • "We want to see its linkage to Robotic Process Automation. We would also like to see how can it lead to the implementation side and whether the transition is smooth."

What is our primary use case?

We do consultancy in digital transformation. We are starting to go into process mining and automation. Currently, not many people are involved. We are trying to increase the number.

We are thinking of offering RPA as one of our solutions. That's why process mining becomes very important to us because we need a means of analyzing what is happening in our client's company.

What is most valuable?

The training material is good. The information is very systematic, detailed, and comprehensive. They have a training video for almost every single thing, which makes it easier to know how to use the tool.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Celonis for three months. I am using the SNAP version.

It is stable.

It is very scalable so far. I haven't not encountered limitations.

I haven't contacted them so far.

The initial setup is easy. It took us about a month to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Celonis. It is suitable for both small and big enterprises because they have a few versions. You can use it in small enterprises when the data volume is not large. As you move to larger data volumes, you can use the enterprise version. In that sense, they have a cost-effective way of managing the expansion and growth of the whole project.

They have also spent a lot of time on the education side, which is good. The information has been very detailed. You get to learn how to use it quite easily.

I would rate Celonis a nine out of ten.

Kumar Nmkv - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Manager at Tata Consultancy
Enables clients to understand their operations in real time through process mapping and data mining

What is our primary use case?

We're using this solution for process mapping, analysis, and data mining. Right now, we're mapping customer journeys in retail space and product onboarding journeys.

We are focused on the merchandising space. For example, in merchandising, there will be a lot of processes. There's product onboarding and pricing promotions, etc. We map the journey and then try to understand what are the hiccups in the current processes and then identify them and then automate those strategies.

Celonis gives us our consulting licenses separately. We use those licenses for a quick study for the customer place and then recommend it. If the customer is willing to go ahead and implement Celonis, then we'll go for the corporate license model.

I'm a consultant and we primarily work with retailers.

What needs improvement?

The cost could be improved.

I've been using Celonis for about two years.

The stability is good.

The scalability is good as long as you have the cloud space.

Technical support is really good. For me, the sales support matters more. When I'm in a sales cycle, the Celonis sales teams are very helpful. They reach out to me from day zero.

Installation is straightforward.

The cost would be a concern for a certain category of customers. Flexible cost models would help smaller players be able to adapt Celonis into their business operations.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10.

It's definitely a wonderful tool for clients to understand their operations in real time. Rather than reacting to a problem, you practically know the problems and then fix those problems.