Sridhar Rudra - PeerSpot reviewer
Security Professional at Qatar Computer Services WLL
Good targeted attack protection, stable, easy to install, and well priced
  • "The most valuable features are the business email compromise protection and targeted attack prevention."
  • "The largest complaint that we hear from our customers is that there is no local support."

What is our primary use case?

We are service providers who recommend products for our customers. Our customer's license expired and we suggested Proofpoint Email Protection.

Our customers are enterprise companies.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the business email compromise protection and targeted attack prevention.

With Proofpoint, you have this targeted attack feature wherein you can protect them from specifically targeting high profile users of an organization.

What needs improvement?

The largest complaint that we hear from our customers is that there is no local support. We wait for the internet from the US to connect.

If the customer has a P1 or P2 issue, they need someone to immediately focus on the solution. We have been trying to build a team to support our local customers because there is no local support available from Proofpoint.

I am not sure if there is anything available as a SaaS offering, but that would be good.

Also, the threat intelligence of phishing emails is an additional feature that we expect from Proofpoint.

We have been using Proofpoint Email Protection for a couple of years.

Proofpoint Email Protection
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Proofpoint Email Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's a stable solution. There are no complaints from our customers.

The initial setup is okay. It is not complex.

The price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

Information Technology Security Risk Manager at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The true positives detection are great
  • "It's detection of true positives are great, as it's cloud based it's very scalable and stable."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Proofpoint Email Protection is focused around data loss prevention (DLP). To protect against spam, viruses, incoming and outgoing mail.

What is most valuable?

Proofpoint Email Protection's detection for true positives are great. False negatives or type two errors are very low. Type one errors are acceptable and this capability is the one that allows the least amount of spam to enter.

What needs improvement?

The only downside with Proofpoint Email Protection is the cost.

I have been using Proofpoint Email Protection for 5 years.

Proofpoint Email Protection is hosted in the cloud, and the stability is very good.

The solution is cloud based so it's very scalable.

The initial setup for Proofpoint Email Protection is pretty straightforward.

There has been a recent pricing increase with Proofpoint Email Protection and we are assessing other companies who provide a similar service for comparison.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would provide others who were considering Proofpoint Email Protection, is to test the product to determine if it provides you with the best filter rate.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
    Proofpoint Email Protection
    November 2022
    657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    General contador at Dicofra
    Useful data loss prevention, simple setup, and good support

What is our primary use case?

We use Proofpoint Email Protection for machine learning and artificial intelligence engine.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Proofpoint Email Protection are ease of use, data loss prevention, antivirus, and spam protection.

What needs improvement?

Proofpoint Email Protection's interface is confusing and could be improved.

I have been using Proofpoint Email Protection for approximately one year.

Proofpoint Email Protection is stable.

We have apparently 100 people using Proofpoint Email Protection in my organization.

The technical support we receive is very good.

The initial setup of Proofpoint Email Protection is easy. The installation model for the moment is very confused. It would be a benefit if the next release was easier.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Proofpoint Email Protection a nine out of ten.

Anuraj Nair - PeerSpot reviewer
    Presales Engineer at SNSIN
    Scalable, performs well, but expensive

What is our primary use case?

Proofpoint Email Protection is used for email security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Proofpoint Email Protection are the performance from being on the cloud.

What needs improvement?

Proofpoint Email Protection could improve by reducing the price.

I have been using Proofpoint Email Protection for less than one year.

Proofpoint Email Protection is stable.

Proofpoint Email Protection is scalable because it is on the cloud.

The initial setup of Proofpoint Email Protection is simple.

The licensing cost of Proofpoint Email Protection is a lot higher than other solutions, such as Barracuda.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Proofpoint Email Protection a seven out of ten.

Gerente de operaciones at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Helpful report, useful dashboards, and simple setup
    • "The most valuable feature of Proofpoint Email Protection is the dashboards and their visibility, easy configuration, and artificial intelligence. Additionally, the reports are very important and helpful."
    • "You only receive one model in Proofpoint Email Protection and the other ones you have to purchase at a high price. There should be more available with the solution and additional models should be less expensive."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Proofpoint Email Protection is the dashboards and their visibility, easy configuration, and artificial intelligence. Additionally, the reports are very important and helpful.

What needs improvement?

You only receive one model in Proofpoint Email Protection and the other ones you have to purchase at a high price. There should be more available with the solution and additional models should be less expensive.

The administrator that manages the service should be better in their role. They don't have enough people to manage the service well.

I have been using Proofpoint Email Protection for less than a year.

The initial setup of Proofpoint Email Protection was very simple.

We worked with the vendor to implement Proofpoint Email Protection.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Proofpoint Email Protection a nine out of ten.

One-stop shop for email security with responsive support

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is for email security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is that it's a one-stop shop for email protection.

What needs improvement?

We have some use cases that haven't been dealt with yet, so that could be improved.

I have been using this solution for eight years.

Proofpoint's support is very responsive, especially in comparison to Microsoft. Commonly a specialist is available within 24 hours, and the support is more professional overall.

What other advice do I have?

The product has decent functionality. I would rate this product as eight out of ten.

Private Cloud

Other
    Download our free Proofpoint Email Protection Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022