ManishKumar18 - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager Technology - Advanced Analytics and Data Management at Mashreq
Reliable, easy to set up, and centralizes visibility
  • "As a cloud-based product, it can scale well."
  • "We'd like to have the ability to create more customized reports."

What is our primary use case?

The product looks at the emails that we receive. If there are any suspicious emails with attachments or strange content, it will detect that and give us an alert on a dashboard. From there, we can pick up the alert, and then we can review and take action to mitigate any risk.

What is most valuable?

Overall, it is a good product.

We like that it provides everything in a single dashboard. On that, we can find all the information related to the risks involved within a suspicious email.

The initial setup is very, very easy.

It's a stable, reliable product.

As a cloud-based product, it can scale well.

Customer support is very helpful and responsive. They are great at answering questions.

What needs improvement?

We'd like to have the ability to create more customized reports.

It would be ideal if we could customize exceptions more effectively and have more control over blacklisting and whitelisting.

The solution can be expensive.

I've been using the solution for the past three or four years.

Proofpoint Email Protection
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Proofpoint Email Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable and reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We find it scales well. It is cloud-based, which makes the process very easy.

We have about 5,000 people using the solution right now.

We do contact support regularly. We do get in touch to understand certain features or if we want to know more about how to use something. We frequently get in touch with support. They offer excellent assistance.

Positive

This is an easy product to set up. It's not complex at all in terms of implementation.

How long it takes to deploy depends on the business. If they approve and agree to everything readily, it should only take a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure of the exact cost. My understanding is it is expensive.

I have been recently attempting to compare Microsoft 365 and Proofpoint.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer. We are not a partner.

I'm not sure which version number we're using.

It is one of the leading email security providers and has gone through reviews by our application security team. They evaluated all of the features to make sure they aligned with our needs, and so far, it has not disappointed me.

I would recommend the product as it provides everything users need right in one place, especially security controls.

It may be a good idea, however, to have a separate product for security control and a separate product for email business flows to give a separation of duties. Instead of having everything in one place, it is sometimes best to manage business and security policies separately. Companies should have dedicated security and an effective email security gateway where they can control the security of an entire organization.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. It's very useful to be able to see everything in one central place.

Other
ManishKumar18 - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager Technology - Advanced Analytics and Data Management at Mashreq
Useful central management, reliable, and simple setup
  • "The most valuable feature of Proofpoint Email Protection is the central location dashboard for viewing all the related information for risk."
  • "Proofpoint Email Protection could improve by allowing more customization of the reports, such as exceptions and black-and-white lists."

What is our primary use case?

I have been using Proofpoint Email Protection for the emails that we receive to determine if there is any suspicious attachment or content. It will detect and give us an alert on our dashboard. From there we can pick up the alerts and review and take action to mitigate the risk.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Proofpoint Email Protection is the central location dashboard for viewing all the related information for risk.

What needs improvement?

Proofpoint Email Protection could improve by allowing more customization of the reports, such as exceptions and black-and-white lists.

I have been using Proofpoint Email Protection for approximately four years.

Proofpoint Email Protection is stable.

The scalability of Proofpoint Email Protection is good because it is cloud-based.

We have approximately 5,000 people using this solution in my organization.

If we need to understand how to use the solution better we contact the support.

I rate the support of Proofpoint Email Protection a four out of five.

Positive

The initial setup of Proofpoint Email Protection is easy, it does not take more than a couple of weeks. However, it can depend on the business.

The solution is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

My company is using the solution because it is one of the leading email security providers, and it has gone through a review by the application security team. The features were in line with our requirements.

I recommend Proofpoint Email Protection because it provides everything in one place, such as security control. I would suggest having a separate solution for security control and another for email business flow. This way it would give a separation of duties instead of having everything in one place, the business policy as well as the security policy. Sometimes it is not the best way to manage both policies in one place. It's better to have a dedicated security, email security gateway where we can control the security of the organization.

I rate Proofpoint Email Protection a nine out of ten.

I gave my rating because the solution provides everything in one place and it has a lot of features for more insight regarding suspicious emails. I can see how many users received it, the attack vector, and the repetition of the email.

Proofpoint Email Protection
November 2022
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Good security with reasonable pricing and a straightforward setup
  • "The solution scales quite well."
  • "The incident reporting on offer needs to be improved. It's lacking right now. It should be on the platform somewhere."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for a variety of services. It's mostly related to email.

What is most valuable?

The state-of-the-art security is the solution's most valuable aspect.

The solution scales quite well.

The product offers very good value for money.

The solution is very easy to handle overall.

The implementation process is simple and straightforward.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for three years so far.

The scalability of the solution is excellent. That has to do with the fact that it is placed behind the load balancers. It makes it so that we have no problems with scalability. It's very, very good. If a company needs to scale, they can do so with ease.

The technical support is okay. We don't have any complaints on that front. We're largely satisfied with the level of support we receive.

Our organization also has some experience with Cisco, however, I don't directly deal with it on a technical level per se.

While the initial setup is straightforward, in all cases, those doing the impr=lementation need to be well-prepared for the project.

While the final deployment takes two days, which isn't very long, the research front should take at least a month. Being prepared at the outset will ensure all parties are happy with the end results once everything is up and running.

The pricing is reasonable, however, it's expensive. It offers good value. You get good value for your money for it, so it's no problem spending as much as you do.

What other advice do I have?

We're just consultants. We help our clients with this product.

Overall, we've been happy with the product and the results we've gotten. I would rate the product at a nine out of ten.

While I don't have specific advice, I can say that the solution is easy to handle and we didn't have any troubles with the initial implementation. It was pretty seamless. I'd recommend the solution to other organizations.

Mohamed-Kamal - PeerSpot reviewer
Tech manager at MKTech
Reseller
Reliable and straightforward to set up but does have mail flow issues
  • "The spam filter for email is good."
  • "Proofpoint has a lot of false alarms."

What is most valuable?

The stability is good.

The spam filter for email is good.

The solution can scale.

We have found the initial setup to be straightforward.

What needs improvement?

I have some concerns about Proofpoint mail flow rules. It's not smart.

Proofpoint has a lot of false alarms. Even their mail flow rules are not the best thing. Mimecast and Microsoft Office 365 are better than them. Many emails are marked as spam unnecessarily. I've had issues and have had to open many tickets.

I've used the solution for five years.

The stability is good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

While most of my clients have under 100 users, my understanding is if it works for 100, it can work for 1,000 or 10,000 users. Scaling shouldn't be an issue.

I've talked to support about creating rules and the issues we've had. I've had to open many tickets with them.

For example, last month our web application sent an invoice for one of the customers, and it relayed the email on behalf of the customer domain. This email was marked as phishing. Even when the SBS was correct and the DCOM was correct. I opened a ticket. The rule didn't work. They responded fast. Even though I have problems, I find them to be responsive.

I have used Defender, Proofpoint, and Mimecast. I use them daily for different companies and have subscriptions for all three. In my company, we use Defender.

Mimecast and Microsoft are better than Proofpoint when it comes to mail rules. On Proofpoint, the rules don't work as expected.

The solution is straightforward and simple to set up. It's not overly complex.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a freelancer working to support some companies that are using Proofpoint.

Sometimes I create a subscription for them and configure everything from scratch; sometimes, I take it already configured and just maintain it.

Anyone with basic knowledge of the solution and how to configure items will not have an issue with this product.

I'd rate it seven out of ten based on the mail flow issues I have witnessed.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller/Implementer
Larry Etzler - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at JL Computers
Easy to use interface, useful blocking capabilities, and quick setup
  • "The most valuable feature of Proofpoint Email Protection is the blocking capabilities, it blocks a lot of potential threats."
  • "Proofpoint Email Protection could improve on the training. Every organization is different and to fine-tune it to block everything properly there needs to be better training. Sometimes it can block some of the information it shouldn't."

What is our primary use case?

I am using Proofpoint Email Protection for blocking out spam and malware from the emails. Proofpoint Email Protection is linked to our Microsoft Office365

How has it helped my organization?

Proofpoint Email Protection has improved the way our organization functions by blocking threats.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Proofpoint Email Protection is the blocking capabilities, it blocks a lot of potential threats.

What needs improvement?

In a feature release, phishing blocking could improve.

I have been using Proofpoint Email Protection for approximately one year.

Proofpoint Email Protection is a stable solution.

The scalability of Proofpoint Email Protection is good.

We have between 50 to 100 people using this solution in my organization.

I have not used the technical support from Proofpoint Email Protection.

I have previously used SolarWinds Mail Assure prior to Proofpoint Email Protection. The main reason we switched was that the price was better for Proofpoint Email Protection.

The initial setup of Proofpoint Email Protection is very easy. The full process took approximately 15 minutes.

We did the implementation of Proofpoint Email Protection in-house. It did not require a lot of maintenance. We only have to watch out for the quarantine list that gets emailed to us.

We have received a return on investment. Less spam is coming in through email.

I rate the ROI of Proofpoint Email Protection a four out of five.

I rate the price of Proofpoint Email Protection a four out of five.

We evaluated other options before choosing Proofpoint Email Protection.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is the solution seems to be good and stable with a very easy-to-use user interface.

I rate Proofpoint Email Protection a nine out of ten.

Gerald Ashokan - PeerSpot reviewer
Global Account Executive at Tata Consultancy
Stable platform that detects malware, viruses, and other email scams and the setup is not too complicated
  • "Proofpoint Email Protection is stable enough and does its job of virus, malware, and email scam detection. Setting it up is not too complicated."
  • "Pricing for the platform could still be cheaper."

What is our primary use case?

Proofpoint Email Protection is used as an email security platform to detect all kinds of malware, viruses, and unethical acts being done through email solicitations.

We've been dealing with Proofpoint Email Protection for at least three years. We've been providing the support for it and deploying it across different countries within the group.

Proofpoint Email Protection is stable enough, and it has a good image within the group. It's doing its job.

The initial setup for Proofpoint Email Protection is not too complicated. I won't classify it as complicated or complex, though it does require a certain level of technical skills to manage and run the platform, which is also required on similar platforms.

My clients pay for an annual subscription of Proofpoint Email Protection. Every client always finds it expensive, but I don't know how much they're paying for it. The price for the license could still be cheaper, in general.

What other advice do I have?

I provide products to clients. I have clients who use a product for email protection that I provided: Proofpoint Email Protection. They use it in their corporate offices.

At this point in time, there's nothing that needs to be changed or improved in the tool. We have regular updates for Proofpoint Email Protection, so there's no specific need to change anything.

I have two to three clients using the tool, but globally, within our group, I don't have information on the total number of clients using Proofpoint Email Protection.

My company provides L3 support, and we reach out to Proofpoint for typical, vendor-type support, L4 support via a ticketing system.

I'm rating Proofpoint Email Protection eight out of ten.

DavidGriffiths - PeerSpot reviewer
CTO at DSM Technology Consultants, LLC
MSP
Straightforward installation, little maintenance, and good support
  • "Proofpoint Email Protection's initial installation is straightforward. It took us less than a day to complete the implementation."
  • "Proofpoint Email Protection could improve the Mail Trace feature and make navigation easier."

What is our primary use case?

Proofpoint Email Protection is used to protect your entire email.

How has it helped my organization?

Proofpoint Email Protection has improved the organization by reducing spam emails.

What needs improvement?

Proofpoint Email Protection could improve the Mail Trace feature and make navigation easier.

I have used Proofpoint Email Protection within the last 12 months.

The stability of Proofpoint Email Protection is very good.

I have not had an issue with the scalability of Proofpoint Email Protection.

We have had projects with 5,000 users and some with 50 users using Proofpoint Email Protection. We are using this solution extensively and we plan to increase our usage of the solution.

The support from Proofpoint Email Protection is very good.

I would rate the support from Proofpoint Email Protection a four out of five.

We previously used Proofpoint Email Protection on-premise to Proofpoint Email Protection on the cloud.

The solution charges per user per month to use it. There are not any additional fees in addition to the standard living fees.

We did evaluate other options before we choose Proofpoint Email Protection.

What other advice do I have?

Proofpoint Email Protection is a very robust solution. I would advise others to read the manual before use.

I rate Proofpoint Email Protection an eight out of ten.

It does have some issues, but it's very good.

Reliable with a nice interface and good features
  • "The stability is very good."
  • "The initial setup is complex."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for email protection.

What is most valuable?

The pricing is great.

It has a nice interface.

The features are very good.

The stability is very good.

The solution is scalable.

What needs improvement?

The price policy needs to be better. We'd still like lower pricing.

The initial setup is complex.

I've been using the solution for the last 12 months at least.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very reliable.

It's scalable. You can expand it if you need to.

While I haven't had contact with the technical support, my understanding is it's not the worst in the world.

Neutral

We found the initial setup to be pretty complex. It was not necessarily straightforward or simple.

The pricing is very good. However, the price policy needs improvement. While we find it reasonable, we'd always like it to be a bit less.

I'd rate the affordability two out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution an eight out of ten.

We are just end-users, and we are using this solution on a small project.

Download our free Proofpoint Email Protection Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022