We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Thanh_Nguyen
Implementation Consultant at IERP JSC
Reseller
An integrated set of business applications to streamline processes, but the user interface could be better
  • "I like Oracle ERP for streamlining the entire process from PRTL and invoice payments. It also has the decision and internet sale order, and my customers can correct the internet decision. It automatically converts to the internet order, and they don't need to create the entry object. They don't need to make a secondary ledger in the parent company and subsidiary. That's very helpful for internet decisions. If they get an order at the parent company, it automatically creates the sales system in the subsidiary."
  • "The user interface could be better. It's not good because they made their interface all in one, and my customers don't want to use it. I have to customize the interface and personalize it to hide some fields on the screen. It has lots of information on the screen, and the user can't easily navigate it. It's very difficult to use. I think that Oracle should have something like best practices. They need to provide some patches to simplify the interface based on the industry niche. Because now we see everything on the same screen, but the users don't need all that information. It's complicated to use for end-users, and we have to spend more time training them. In the next release, I think they should implement most of the features in the mobile app. It should be better. Oracle didn't update their mobile application for a very long time. Connecting the mobile application is complicated."

What is our primary use case?

I'm working with a vendor to implement Oracle EDS for my customers.

What is most valuable?

I like Oracle ERP for streamlining the entire process from PRTL and invoice payments. It also has the decision and internet sale order, and my customers can correct the internet decision. It automatically converts to the internet order, and they don't need to create the entry object. They don't need to make a secondary ledger in the parent company and subsidiary. That's very helpful for internet decisions. If they get an order at the parent company, it automatically creates the sales system in the subsidiary.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be better. It's not good because they made their interface all in one, and my customers don't want to use it. I have to customize the interface and personalize it to hide some fields on the screen. It has lots of information on the screen, and the user can't easily navigate it. It's very difficult to use.

I think that Oracle should have something like best practices. They need to provide some patches to simplify the interface based on the industry niche. Because now we see everything on the same screen, but the users don't need all that information. It's complicated to use for end-users, and we have to spend more time training them.

In the next release, I think they should implement most of the features in the mobile app. It should be better. Oracle didn't update their mobile application for a very long time. Connecting the mobile application is complicated.

I have been working with Oracle E-Business Suite for 19 years.

Oracle support is good.

The initial setup is complicated. For the end-user, it'll take about two or three weeks to use one of the modules.

Oracle prices are better in Vietnam and more flexible. If we need to customize something in Oracle, it's very flexible and easy to customize.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users that they need to understand the requirements and the time required to implement them. They can implement it separately in phases. Phase one is very simple. It's simple for finance, procurement, and inventory. After that, we can extend it step by step. They shouldn't implement several models at once as it's complicated.

Oracle consultants should take more time to learn the product, and they have to understand the Vietnamese. They also take time to learn the product becasue it's very complicated.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle E-Business Suite a seven.

Mohammed Ghonaim
Senior Oracle Application Consultants at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Professional support agents, plenty of modules, and good integration
  • "Oracle E-Business Suite has over 20 different modules to choose from, it is comprehensive. Additionally, the integration is very good."
  • "There are some enhancements in the process itself that is needed in the application. In the cloud version, they covered some of these areas and requirements but the on-premise version has to catch up."

What is our primary use case?

Oracle E-Business Suite consists of a lot of streams, such as financial and HR processes of the enterprise companies. We are using most of the Oracle financial modules, and we have an Oracle stream, FI procurement stream, and HR streams, which have a lot of applications.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for approximately 22 years.

The solution has been stable in our usage.

Oracle E-Business Suite is scalable.

We have approximately 10,000 users using this solution in my organization. We plan to increase our usage of this solution, every year we expand more.

I contact Oracle many times for support, and they are professional in their response.

I have previously used SAP.

Oracle E-Business Suite requires special resources to install it, not every user can install it. You require a technical professional to install it and to configure it

We used consultants for the implementation of the solution, it is not simple to do. The process is not similar to installing Microsoft Office.

We have 50 people for the support of this solution, such as developers and coders.

Oracle has different licensing models available. For example, concurrent user license metric and power unit licensing metric. It is different from product to product, but for the application itself, the license is by the number of users.

What other advice do I have?

If we ever wanted to change ERP solutions it is a strategic decision and it will require dedicated management to look into the site. We would have to migrate all your data, rebuild all your systems, it would require a senior management decision.

I would recommend this solution to others. Oracle is one of the top ERP solutions on the market.

I rate Oracle E-Business Suite a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Oracle E-Business Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,322 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Associate Director at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Beneficial modules, good conductivity, and excellent support
  • "The complete product suite is good. The financials are good, it is the best product I've been working with is Oracle Financial. Supply chain manufacturing is very comprehensive and the connectivity, between all the modules, is seamless. They are all communicated well with one another."
  • "In the future, Oracle E-Business Suite could improve by having a better UI. Competitors are providing much better interfaces."

What is our primary use case?

I am actually working in a services company and we are serving our customers Oracle E-Business Suite.

Some of our customers are moving to the deployment on cloud. In the past, it's been on-premise but some of them have moved to the cloud, whether it's for Oracle cloud or AWS cloud, people are trying to host it on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The complete product suite is good. The financials are good, it is the best product I've been working with is Oracle Financial. Supply chain manufacturing is very comprehensive and the connectivity, between all the modules, is seamless. They are all communicated well with one another.

There are many new features that Oracle is providing.

What needs improvement?

In the cloud version of Oracle E-Business Suite, I think most of the features are already there. We are working on Oracle EBS SaaS applications as well, a lot of the improvements have already been made in the new modules that Oracle. The on-premise version could improve.

In the future, Oracle E-Business Suite could improve by having a better UI. Competitors are providing much better interfaces.

I have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for 15 years.

Oracle E-Business Suite is highly scalable. All Oracle solutions are highly scalable, whether it is on-premise or on the cloud.

The support from Oracle is excellent, they have always been good.

Our customers are also using customer support for their particular problems. My team is contacting the support and as a services partner, we are raising a lot of tickets from Oracle for any services we need or any certifications. Their response has always been good.

The initial setup time depends on the size of the implementation. In a medium-size business, the implementation could take between six months to one year to complete.

We implement this solution for our customers.

I have evaluated CX which is Oracle E-Business Suite's biggest competition. Workday is another competitor, and NetSuite is for medium companies.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle E-Business Suite on the Cloud an eight out of ten.

General Manager at a hospitality company with 501-1,000 employees
Integrates well, highly scalable, and useful dashboards
  • "If I want to manage many parts of my organization, such as finances, proceedings, or supply chain I would typically need to buy many different solutions. However, with Oracle E-Business Suite, it is all that is needed. This ERP system has many modules."
  • "The deployment of the Oracle E-Business Suite was simple. I have done many deployments and I find it simple, but for others, it might not be easy."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Oracle E-Business Suite for the financial modules in our supply chain, but the main service for the Oracle E-Business for our company is manufacturing.

What is most valuable?

Oracle E-Business Suite has the ability to integrate with other systems. This is the most important feature of this ERP system.

There is a centralized dashboard that the owner or upper management of the company can see. For example, it generates financial statements on the dashboards to be easily viewed.

I have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for approximately 13 years.

Oracle E-Business Suite is highly stable. It is more stable than other ERP systems.

I have found Oracle E-Business Suite to be scalable.

The scalability feature of the Oracle E-Business Suite is one of the most powerful features. It can be deployed in any field. I have many companies in different sectors using it, such as construction and manufacturing.

If I need any help I call Oracle directly and they provide me with assistance with my issues. I am completely satisfied with the support.

The deployment of the Oracle E-Business Suite was simple. I have done many deployments and I find it simple, but for others, it might not be easy.

I have deployed this solution in many companies in difficult countries in the world.

What other advice do I have?

I am a professor in a university and I am teaching students how to use this solution.

I can make all different types of reports for any company. I can make custom forms to manage sales, profit, and loss. I can make all financial statements, balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow reports.

I rate Oracle E-Business Suite a nine out of ten.

Oracle Application DBA at Social Insurance Organizaton
Useful features, reasonably price with good support, but the interface and sales service need improvement
  • "Finance, HRMS, and payroll are all great, and Oracle EBS is fantastic."
  • "They should include database functionality."

What is our primary use case?

We have some customized applications, as well as finance full modules, HR, payroll, inventory, and customized pension services, on Oracle EBS.

What is most valuable?

Finance, HRMS, and payroll are all great, and Oracle EBS is fantastic. I used to work as a techno-function consultant. As a result, I've been focusing solely on Oracle since the beginning. I did not work on any other product.

What needs improvement?

I believe they should improve their sales service.

In terms of finance, they need to improve the interface. For example, there are issues with the gateway. GoldenGate should make significant progress in this area.

The business reporting tool, Oracle BI, and the Business intelligence tool do not meet our requirements, as a result, there are several things we need to do in that regard.

They should include database functionality. Also, backup and all of the features should be included with the Oracle. RMAN, in particular, should have more functions.

I have been with the current company since 2007, and I have been using Oracle E-Business Suite since 2000.

Version 12 is what we are using.

Oracle E-Business Suite is a stable solution.

Oracle E-Business Suite is a scalable product.

We are an enterprise, government organization.

We have not had any issues with technical support. Technical support is very good.

We purchased Commvault backup software and already have Oracle E-Business Suite installed on our system.

The initial setup is easy.

Oracle's pricing is lower than that of its competitors. We also have DB2 in our company, and they charge more, which is why we are migrating our entire system to Oracle.

In terms of pricing, Oracle E-Business Suite is reasonably priced.

What other advice do I have?

I would recomend using Oracle.

I would rate Oracle E-Business Suite a seven out of ten.

Mustapha Eldiraoui
Database Supervisor at Saudi Bin Ladin Group
Scalable but requires a huge setup for installation
  • "It is scalable."
  • "We don't like Oracle EBS because it is very old. Nowadays, all the systems are on the cloud and web-based. With Oracle EBS, you need a huge setup before installing it. You need a lot of servers. There are a lot of problems and bugs in the system. We have to move from Oracle EBS to another system. In terms of improvements, it can have better training for end users and better support."

What is our primary use case?

I am a system analyst and database supervisor. I prepare the reports and take the reports from the system.

We are mainly using this product for HR and finance. We also use it a little bit for supply chain. We are using a legacy version of this product.

What is most valuable?

It is scalable.

What needs improvement?

We don't like Oracle EBS because it is very old. Nowadays, all the systems are on the cloud and web-based. With Oracle EBS, you need a huge setup before installing it. You need a lot of servers. There are a lot of problems and bugs in the system. We have to move from Oracle EBS to another system. In terms of improvements, it can have better training for end users and better support.

We have been using Oracle E-Business Suite in some divisions since 2014.

It is stable because we already know where are the problems and errors. So, we are able to handle it manually, but this is not healthy at all.

It is scalable. We have around 1,000 users.

We didn't use their technical support because we didn't pay for the license for support.

I am not responsible for installation or setup. You need a huge setup and a lot of servers before installing it.

Its implementation was very difficult. We used an implementer, but he was bad.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution but with good implementation from the beginning. After implementation, you can build whatever you want. You can create any flow.

We will continue to use this solution because we have the system license, but we will eventually move from Oracle EBS to another system. We are trying to go to HCM Fusion, but we have some problems with the management. That's why we haven't moved to Fusion.

I would rate Oracle E-Business Suite a seven out of ten.

Pradyut Pal
Service Delivery Manager at Tech Mahindra Limited
Good performance and great technical support
  • "Their great technical support is one of the most valuable features."
  • "It should be made a little bit more user friendly. When I complete my implementation and hand it over to the clients or the person who will operate it on a day-to-day basis, they find it a little bit difficult because they are not from a highly qualified IT background. I want Oracle to make it a little bit more user friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We implement the support. We are using this solution for a couple of things. We have customers from various sectors, such as the manufacturing sector, sales sector, service industry, and hospitality industry. We've been using Oracle E-Business Suite in these areas.

What is most valuable?

Their great technical support is one of the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

It should be made a little bit more user friendly. When I complete my implementation and hand it over to the clients or the person who will operate it on a day-to-day basis, they find it a little bit difficult because they are not from a highly qualified IT background. I want Oracle to make it a little bit more user friendly.

We have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for the last two and a half years.

There are no issues with stability and scalability.

Technical support from Oracle has always been great. We have never faced any issues when it comes to anything related to technical support from Oracle. In fact, there have been times when they went the extra mile to support us.

The initial setup is neither too complicated nor too simple. If you are experienced, it doesn't take too long.

We are satisfied with the pricing of Oracle E-Business Suite. Pricing is pretty much okay if you consider the products and the service that you are getting. A quality product never comes at a cheap price. Oracle is costly, but they support you. If you are looking for pricing, then I would say not to go for Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

Performance-wise and support-wise, everything is fine. I don't see any challenges.

I would rate Oracle E-Business Suite a nine out of ten. It just needs to be a bit more user friendly.

Private Cloud
CX Specialist at a government with 201-500 employees
A centralized ERP system that handles everything
  • "I like that one system covers everything."
  • "They don't have built-in bank integrations, which would be very helpful."

What is most valuable?

I like that one system covers everything. The main objective of ERP, in general, is to try to integrate the departments and control various processes. It's the main objective for big companies where many people are working. By implementing ERP, you can control the processes, control the business consulting, and have one system to handle everything.

What needs improvement?

They don't have built-in bank integrations, which would be very helpful. For API, I know Oracle has a big library of APIs, and you can extend it. But most important integrations are still missing. These are mainly for features to integrate with other systems and other market forces, like banks or civic parties.

For example, for the environment to work using E-Business Suite, which is not handling the budgeting in the power tool, we have to purchase Hyperion and integrate Hyperion with the E-Business Suite. If you want reporting, you can select a reporting tool or different reporting tools for business intelligence. For each case, it's painful to have multi-systems in place. Most companies prefer to have one system and it's costly.

I have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for about 13 years.

Oracle E-business Suite is a stable solution.

Oracle E-business Suite is easy to scale. But sometimes, the company requirements don't fit with the software requirements.

I'm an implementer, so the Oracle E-business Suite's initial setup is easy for me.

I implemented Oracle E-Business Suite by myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Oracle E-Business Suite to potential users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle E-Business Suite an eight.

Other
Download our free Oracle E-Business Suite Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.